Light Impressions Photography Reviews

Light Impressions Photography 5
Light Impressions Photography 6

Carla · Married on 06/22/2019

Wonderful!

Peter was wonderful to work with. He listened to what we wanted and gave us great advice. He handled the day-of timeline and made sure all of our vendors worked together. He brought a sense of calm and was patient when things went off schedule. He has already sent us a few photos and we LOVE every single one. We are so excited to see the final proofs. I would definitely recommend working with Peter to any friend.

Sent on 07/15/2019

Christina · Married on 11/03/2018

Professional, Talented and a Pleasure to Work With!

This past November I got married in the Conservatory at the Madison Hotel. We booked Light Impressions shortly after setting our date based on Peter's incredible pictures and experience at this venue. In the time leading up to our big day, Peter & Colette were incredibly helpful with letting us know how the day would go, and providing very specific advice, that only someone who has been doing this for so long would know. My wedding day went by seamlessly, and I know it is in large part to Peter's ability to keep everything under control, and keep things moving along. He is extremely professional, but very personable and friendly. Our wedding pictures came out wonderful, and really captured the day the way we wanted it to. Not to mention, we got them back very timely! Even post-wedding thank yous & photo album planning has been great. You can't go wrong with Light Impressions!

Sent on 01/03/2019

Jeff Peterson · Married on 11/02/2018

Highly Skilled Photographer

My wife and I had selected Light Impressions Photography for our wedding last fall -- and we couldn't be more pleased with the results!

Months prior to the wedding, we sat down with Peter to discuss what we were looking for in a photographer, and he was incredibly receptive. We offered plenty of options (e.g. black & white, etc.) and worked with us to determine how the night would be photographed. He even offered advice on uplighting, which drastically improved how the night (and our pictures!) turned out.

On the day of the wedding, Peter was incredibly organized. He knew exactly what to do in case of rain (which we did have!) and was excellent at capturing us in our most candid moments. Plus, during the ceremony and reception, you didn't even know he was there -- but he still managed to grab the best pictures. He was that good.

In the end, the pictures turned out gorgeous, and we couldn't recommend Light Impressions enough. Many thanks to Peter and his crew!

Sent on 02/22/2019

Emily Polansky · Married on 10/13/2018

Beautiful photos!

We hired Light Impression for our wedding in October 2018 on recommendation from our venue and are so happy that we did! The pictures that Peter took of our big day are absolutely beautiful. He made us feel super comfortable from the first meeting up through the day of the wedding. He has a great system in place that helps the entire day/process run smoothly. We wrote out all of the posed photos we wanted with our family, friends, and wedding party so that no important pictures were missed. But he was also accommodating if we wanted to include more posed photos throughout the cocktail hour and reception. It took us about 6 weeks to see our photos but it was definitely worth the wait, there was a great balance of posed and candid photos. Peter is a true professional and really gives you a personalized touch.

Sent on 01/07/2019

Thomas · Married on 09/21/2018

A Great Experience

Peter and Colette provided my wife and I with a fantastic experience on our wedding day. Colette made planning easy and Peter did a fantastic job of getting great shots with minimal direction. He has a great eye for action shots and let’s you enjoy the day while he captures it for you.

Sent on 11/23/2018

Jenna · Married on 08/10/2018

Loved working with Light Impressions- made our day so special and pictures were great :)

Sent on 09/29/2018

The Jarretts · Married on 06/23/2018

Great find!

We can't thank Peter enough for doing such a great job on our special day! From the beginning, working with Light Impressions was a comfortable and personal experience. The professionalism and organized manner of work helped the process go smoothly and stress free.
    We felt we got great work for great value!

Sent on 12/12/2018
  • W

William · Married on 04/21/2018

Peter from Lightimpressions Photography is very professional, patient explaining what he is going to do in covering the event , up till the final production of the Album. I asked him to come one hour before the party to take family pictures first. He came on time, and left when the party was over.
    I am happy with Peter's professional service.

Sent on 06/29/2018

Megan · Married on 03/10/2018

Amazing! Truly fantastic!

After seeing how great Peter and Collette were for my brother's wedding, I knew I had to have them shoot my big day. Every step of the way they put me at ease, and especially my camera shy husband! Our photos came out amazing and I can't wait to use Light Impressions again for my next big occasion. Truly remarkable!

Sent on 12/10/2018

Dana · Married on 11/10/2017

Peter and Colette were amazing to work with from the first meeting to the actual day. Peter had a great way of letting you know there was a controlled plan for the day but implementing it in a way that you had fun and felt carefree.

Sent on 12/16/2017

Hannah · Married on 09/02/2017

A wonderful experience. The photographer put everyone at ease and made every photo a joy to be a part of. It really showed in the photos!

Sent on 12/06/2017

Heather · Married on 07/02/2017

We used Light Impressions for our wedding in July 2017. Peter was very easy to work with leading up to the event and on the day of the wedding. More importantly, we absolutely loved the finished product. He was able to capture the natural light beautifully. We also got some black and white photos which were amazing. Recommended highly!

Sent on 08/29/2018

Ryan · Married on 06/24/2017

We were very happy with our experience with Light Impressions Photography. First, their pricing was reasonable, which we greatly appreciated given how budget-conscious we were. Throughout the process Peter and Colette were great to work with. Peter was a true professional and an artist. Peter cared about accommodating our needs and he was open to our input throughout. Peter put in extra effort. For example, he went out of his way to ensure we captured interesting shots, he was tireless in following us around to ensure a moment wasn't missed and he was an amazing consultant for the selection of pictures and the design of our albums. We highly recommend Light Impressions Photography.

Sent on 05/01/2018
    Light Impressions Photography 7
    Light Impressions Photography 8
    Light Impressions Photography 9

Christopher · Married on 06/03/2017

Peter and Colette are amazing! They're absolutely professional and helped make my wedding day perfect!

Sent on 12/21/2017

Lauren · Married on 05/21/2017

Peter and his team capture special moments through their photographs. The quality of the work is excellent and, we are happy that we chose Light Impressions as our photographers!

Sent on 12/24/2017

Jeaninne · Married on 10/08/2016

Peter’s pictures came out great! They were more then I could have asked for. His artistic eye is phenomenal! The emotions captured in the pictures allows me to re-live my wedding every time I took at them. Light Impressions Photography was and is my favorite vendor from my special day.

Sent on 12/21/2017

Chelsea · Married on 06/10/2016

Peter and Colette make the perfect team! We knew immediately that we wanted to work with them from our very first phone conversation. Colette was very knowledgable about each package and the process of what we could expect on our big day. They are extremely fair on their pricing. Peter is very passionate about photography and did am amazing job capturing our special day. We opted for both color and black and white photos. Peter did not disappoint! Our pictures are beautiful and we relive our wedding each time we look through the pictures and album. They were both extremely professional and personable at the same time. We feel like we've known them for years. It was truly a pleasure to work with them!

Sent on 12/31/2017
    Light Impressions Photography 10

Matthew · Married on 04/22/2016

Light Impressions Photography is the BEST wedding photography company around. My wife and I couldn't be happier with ALL of the pictures that Peter and his partner took during our wedding day. Peter and Colette literally timed out our wedding day so everything would run smoothly and so we wouldn't miss our cocktail hour. Picking our wedding album was truly one of the hardest things to do since EVERY picture was amazing. Peter has a eye that truly captures some of the best moments. My older sister used Light Impression 12 years ago for her wedding and we were so happy that we were able to use them for ours. The first time we went to meet Peter and his wife Colette, my wife and I felt like we were part of their family. They were so welcoming and really do truly know how to run a successful business. They treat their clients with the most love and respect. We would HIGHLY recommend Light Impressions for any photography that you need.

Thanks for everything
    Matthew and Jamie DeAnn

Sent on 03/29/2017

Abbie · Married on 08/02/2015

From the moment we met Peter and his wife, Colette, at a bridal show, we knew that Light Impressions would be the perfect photographer for our wedding. Peter and Colette spent so much time with us explaining the different photo packages that we could choose from as well as all of the other options that we had when it came to photographing our special day. In the months leading up to our wedding, they were so responsive and patient (via phone and email) in helping us create a list of every portrait that we wanted Peter to take as well as helping us design a timeline for the day that enabled all of our photos to be taken without taking time away from our party. Peter and his assistant were very professional and so friendly with our families and friends on our wedding day. He kept the atmosphere fun while ensuring that he was able to capture every photo of the day and night without ever being pushy. Peter and Colette contacted us as soon as our wedding proofs were ready to view and we were able to see all of our photos in real 4 x 6 prints, organized into 2 beautiful boxes, not just online like most other photographers do! Many of the photos that we looked at were ones that we did not even remember having taken – we did not notice Peter taking a lot of the pictures which made them appear very natural and showed us truly “in the moment.” Again, Peter and Colette took so much time to explain how to go about ordering photos and portraits, designing parent albums, and selecting photos for our own album. They made the entire process from start to finish feel so personal and as though our wedding was as important of a day to them as it was to us. We are so fortunate that we chose Light Impressions to capture one of the most special days in our lives and that we will have all of our beautiful pictures to keep the memories alive forever.

Sent on 10/25/2015

Christine · Married on 07/25/2015

Light Impressions does amazing work our wedding pictures came out beautiful!

Sent on 12/06/2017

Josephine · Married on 07/11/2015

My Favorite part about Light Impressions was that our parents got to pick and design their own albums which most photographers give the parents the same exact album as the bride and groom. In addition, most photographers design the albums were as we had the artistic freedom to do as we please. I would recommend them and I will be using them for any future events. Thanks!

Sent on 04/03/2017

Michela · Married on 07/03/2015

Peter does more work beforehand so you have less to worry about on the day of your wedding. He also makes sure you have every shot you asked for beforehand because the day of will go by so quickly that you will forget everything. While Peter will take a few "standard" wedding party photos he won't take anything cheesy. You will get elegant photos that are artistic and natural. If you are booking him for the Madison Hotel his really knows the space so well!!

Sent on 09/24/2015

Lisa · Married on 06/27/2015

We were very happy with everything! Very nice people, absolutely love what they do! Responded immediately, gave us great tips to make our day even more special, very flexible, fair prices. Truly one of a kind service. Recommend to all!!

Sent on 09/02/2015

Kelly · Married on 08/17/2014

The photos that Peter took were amazing. It was exactly the type of photography that we wanted for our wedding. Peter really captured the every emotion that we felt at our wedding. They were very professional and Peter and Colette were always so welcoming and helpful. I would recommend Light Impressions Photography to all of my friends and family.

Sent on 10/31/2014

Stacy · Married on 07/19/2014

I simply cannot say enough when it comes to our experience with light impressions photography. Having an interest in photography myself, I was very picky when it came to choosing our wedding photographer. Additionally, a friend of ours recommended light impressions as they did her wedding, and she is a photographer as well. My husband and I knew from the day that we met Peter and Colette that light impressions would be the photographer for our wedding. Peter has the photographic eye that we were looking for and focuses more on the natural moments of the day rather than posed portraits. He made my husband who does not enjoy being photographed feel extremely comfortable and took wonderful shots of our day. Additionally, as a teacher I am extremely organized and knew exactly the photos I wanted taken (whether it be a pinterest idea or a large family photo) and Peter had a photo check list for us to fill out before our wedding day to ensure all of our pictures we taken. He even had an assistant with him to check off each photo as it was taken in order to make sure we had everything we wanted! Furthermore, I did a lot of DIY projects for my wedding and wanted all of that hard work captured in photos. Peter took it upon himself to get to the venue early and photograph what I wanted just to make us happy!
    With light impressions photography, you not only get great quality photos (with real film in black and white) but you get a personable experience. You will never be just another client to light impressions, you become a friend. Peter and Colette get to know you and your style and use that knowledge to photograph your day just how you want it. Peter also sits down with you after the wedding and helps you design a one of a kind album that is just what you wanted. Light Impressions is always available to call when you have any questions and they genuinely care about making you happy. I would strongly recommend this photographer for your wedding!

Sent on 12/28/2014