271 Reviews for Life Celebrations

Orthodox Christian (1)
Buddhist (1)
Methodist (1)
270 Life Celebrations Reviews

We choose Brian as our wedding officiant because our wedding coordinator says he is her top pick!
At the beginning, we are concerned that as a gay couple, we might not get welcome or well treatment like other couples, which proved to be wrong. The whole process working with Brian is just beyond expectations.
We had a very smooth conversation before the wedding with Brian. He is super responsive and asked our love story, where/when we met each other and how we went through all the difficulties as a gay couple to marry each other. And he let us choose which paragraph we want him to read, etc.
The day before the wedding, we schedule the rehearsal at 5:00pm, but we arrived about 15 mins late, and when we arrived, he was just standing at the gate and waiting for us, smiling. He looks so kind and all of our concerns are cleared. We had the rehearsal step by step and he is so patient, explaining everything and we repeated the vows after him. We forgot to bring the check for him and he was totally ok with that and let us bring it on the wedding.
Everything is perfect on the wedding. I and my husband both cried and can't stop crying on the ceremony. Brian, as an officiant, not only professional but also very caring. He is an officiant and more than that we feel he is our close friend, and we got so much blessed! After the wedding, we had the witnesses to sign the paperwork.
We are so grateful that Brian is our officiant and shared the ceremony moment with us!
Anyone needs an officiant, please pick Brian!!!
I'm sorry that as a gay couple, I feel I'm not ready to share our photo on public. But we like Brian. 5 star!!!!!

Profile Picture Daniel, 5/26/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Brian was an amazing officiant. His words were inspirational and also personalized for us. We spoke over the phone, emailed and met in person before our ceremony. Each time he was patient and clearly heard what we were saying. Even our venue coordinator commented on how Brian is the best and they love working with him. I cannot say enough about him and the service that he provided us. I would highly recommend Brian!

Profile Picture Michael, 5/18/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We are located in PA and had our wedding in Monterey. Without referrals from friends to lean on, we ended up interviewing several officiants. Each was impressive but during the phone conversation, Brian Lyke made an effort to really learn about us and understand what was important to us - as well as the meaning of the great support we have received from our families. During the preparation, he provided great suggestions for readings and ceremonies (we ended up doing a wine ceremony) - very helpful as we had no clue where to begin. Also, during the ceremony, he provided the perfect mix of spirituality, advice, and family. Brian was so patient during our rehearsal and ceremony and surprised us in the end with a copy of our unofficial marriage license (submitted to the County) and the words he spoke during our ceremony. All in all, Brian was more than we could have imagined as an officiant - highly recommend!!!

Profile Picture Karen, 5/12/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant
Services Used: Rehearsal, Interfaith Ceremony, Buddhist, Catholic, Customized Vows

Called Brian on a last minute decision to renew our vows on our 40yr anniversary. We wanted something simple in a chapel. With only a few days to prepare, Brian scheduled the chapel to our convenience and wrote such a beautiful ceremony, including as many details as possible. It will be a day we'll remember always. Having never met Brian until our ceremony, I was very pleased and would definitely recommend him. He is a wonderful minister!
Linda & Mike

Profile Picture Linda, 4/20/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Choosing to work with Brian Lyke was one of the best decisions my husband and I made for our wedding! We live in Atlanta, GA and eloped in Big Sur so one of my concerns was communicating with someone with so much distance between us. Brian made the entire process enjoyable; he was an absolute pleasure to work with! He really took the time to get to know my husband and I and created a perfect ceremony for us. If you are thinking about working with Brian, do yourself a favor and do it! You will not regret it!!

Profile Picture Kit, 3/19/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We had an excellent experience with Brian Lyke as our wedding officiant. He was able to tailor our ceremony per our preferences, with helpful suggestions and examples from previous ceremonies, and he was responsive throughout to feedback. Would not hesitate to recommend.

Profile Picture Thomas, 3/11/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Brian helped make our wedding ceremony exactly what we wanted! He tailored it to match us and our personalities, which made it so special and meaningful! He was prompt, thorough, and made our ceremony very stress free! He even gave us a copy of the whole ceremony as a keepsake so we can always look back on what was said on our day. If you are in need of an officiant, Brian is definitely the way to go!

Profile Picture Kayla, 3/4/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Our wedding was made all the more special and loving with Life Celebration's help. I would highly recommend using them for any wedding ceremony.

Laddia S. Holly-Hastings

Profile Picture Laddia, 2/25/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Brian was absolutely phenomenal. He was so special and made our wedding day perfect. If you’re looking for the best, Brian is your man.

Profile Picture Calise , 1/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Brian's approach, style and touch as well as guidance through entire process, made experience for our two joined families extra special. Our guests and love ones were just as impressed with wedding ceremony.

InterContinental Hotel & Resort
Profile Picture Veronica, 12/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Dress & Attire, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Photography, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Cake

We worked with Rev. Brian for our small ceremony and he was great! He met with us before hand to learn about our likes/dislikes. We opted to write our own vows which he reviewed and offered help with. The ceremony didn't go exactly as planned and he maintained his professionalism and kept everyone collected the entire time. Great experience overall and we would highly recommend him in the future!

Profile Picture Bridgette, 11/21/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Brian married us this past weekend and exceeded all our expectations! He was lovely to work with through the entire process, and really made an effort to give us the perfect ceremony. Multiple guests complimented our ceremony, noting Brian as one of the best officiants they had seen. He is definitely who I would recommend for anyone needing an officiant for their big day.

Profile Picture bailey, 11/4/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Rehearsal, Non-religious, Agnostic, Customized Vows

We had a beautiful wedding! Brian was very professional and accommodating to our needs. He made us feel very comfortable at the alter with no hiccups. I love how he recommended to include our grandparents that have passed , it was a way to honor them even though they have passed. It was truly a beautiful touch!

Profile Picture Taylor, 11/1/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Single Religion, No Denomination

Can't praise Brian enough. Our first choice and a choice well made. Being on the east coast, Brian communicated via e-mail and phone calls to get to know us. We met for coffee the day before our ceremony and by time of the ceremony we felt we had known him for a long time. Professional, caring, sincere and provided the perfect ceremony that we will remember forever. We can't be any happier. Recommend him 110%.

Profile Picture Allen, 9/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Brian was our officiant for our wedding, he was great! Very personable and flexible and overall our experience was EXCELLENT. I would definitely recommend him to anyone

Profile Picture Julia, 9/16/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: No Denomination, Rehearsal

Brian was absolutely wonderful to work with. He got to know us before the wedding and took everything from our conversations and turned it into a beautiful ceremony. He incorporated blessings and religious aspects in parts but also made the ceremony feel tailor made to us. Not only did we love working with Brian, but all of our guests were blown away by him as well. Thank you Brian!

Profile Picture Jacqueline, 9/9/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Brian officiated at our recent wedding in Pebble Beach, CA. Brian got to know my wife and I personally in terms of our story. He weaved this into the ceremony making it all the more beautiful. Brian did a superior job of being our Officiant. He made us feel at ease and related to us and our guests/families. He also did a superior job during the rehearsal ceremony. He knows his business and is very organized. He has excellent interpersonal skills, collaborates well with wedding and venue planners as well as the Bride and Groom, family and friends. You cannot find a more kind, loving, professional and fun Officiant than Brian Lyke. Brian is not only just our Officiant, he is also a friend for life. Use him as your Officiant!!

Profile Picture MIchael, 8/27/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Orthodox Christian, Rehearsal, Customized Vows

Brian was very professional and responsive in all of our interactions with him. He responded to emails quickly and was flexible about finding options that would work with our schedule. He was also very flexible about working with our desires for the ceremony and even managed to incorporate a change that we requested on the night before the wedding.

We had a small, outdoor ceremony, but had some family member mobility constraints that needed accommodation. After listening to what we had in mind, Brian's suggestions for possible venues were spot-on. He also provided other input and references that were tremendously helpful in the wedding planning process. And, most importantly, he gathered information about us and verified details to create a personalized ceremony that was touching for us and our families.

We would highly recommend Brian as a wedding officiant.

Profile Picture Carrie, 8/26/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Brian was absolutely amazing! My husband and I have nothing but outstanding things to say about our experience and we 100% recommend his services!

Profile Picture Brianna, 8/21/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows

My daughter, Brianna Sawdey (Wurz) got married on Monday, August 21, 2017. The minister, Brian Lyke was absolutely amazing!!
We were so lucky to have him on my daughters special day!! Thank you so much Brian! Everybody loved you!!!
Heather Roberts

Profile Picture Heather, 8/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Brian is professional, punctual, easy to work with and totally authentic. We only spent a little time with Brian, but in that short period he connected with us and created a ceremony more beautiful than we could have came up with on our own. On our wedding day he guided our ceremony with a natural ease. He projected his voice in a great way while making it feel like an intimate ceremony. For us the wedding ceremony was the most important part of our wedding day and we could not have made a better choice in an officiant.

Profile Picture Kathryn, 7/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Brian was awesome. Received so many compliments about our ceremony. Guests thought he was a relative because it was so personal

Profile Picture Carle, 7/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Brian was always prompt, professional, and focused on what we wanted our ceremony to be. The wedding turned out flawlessly, and the ceremony he prepared was simply beautiful. We were very pleased that we were able to write the majority of our vows for each other, and then he helped us polish the wording.

Profile Picture Ashley, 7/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Brian was an absolutely amazing officiant. We struggled finding an officiant as most of our friends had, had someone close to them marry them. Both my husband and I wanted a professional and someone who would really share in our value in the sacrament of marriage, and Brian really understood that. After meeting Brian we were sold. He took the time to get to know us so well and really made sure to hit the points that were so important to us. He was consistently communicating with us and always professional and organized.

Brian was wonderful on the day of the wedding. So many of our guests came up to us to let us know what a wonderful officiant we had. One of my favorite moments of my wedding was when he had asked us to look out to our guests and see everyone who was here for us. I never would have taken the time to do that and it was such a special moment during our ceremony and something I will cherish. I could not recommend Brian enough!

Profile Picture Megan, 7/8/17, 2 Reviews