Life Celebrations Reviews

Life Celebrations 5
Life Celebrations 6
Life Celebrations 7

Adrienne Wilson · Getting married on 05/04/2020

Beautiful moment in our life

We opted for an intimate wedding with only 12 guests in order to keep the costs and stress level down. Brian was a great choice. He was very accommodating and easy to work with. He was great at helping us tailor vows that matched our values which made the moment that much more special for us. Brian’s reading of the ceremony nearly brought tears to my eyes and the guests. Thank you Brian for helping to make our ceremony so beautiful!

Sent on 05/03/2019

Diana Mosneag · Married on 10/10/2019

Exceeded all expectations

We live in Germany but last week we eloped in Monterey. We contacted Brian a few months ago and told him about our idea that we want to have an intimate ceremony, just the two of us (in the end it was us, witnesses and photographers). During the call he asked questions about our story but it felt like a very casual conversation that I almost forgot completely.
    But during the ceremony, while he was talking about us, I was always wondering "How does he know that? Did we tell him that?"
    Also our witnesses asked us afterwards how much time we spent with Brian since he knows us so well and we seem that close.
    Brian is extremely professional and he has a unique way of making you feel that you've know each other since ever. Also he chose the very best spot for the ceremony.
    I would always recommend him to anyone.
    Thank you Brian for everything!

Sent on 10/19/2019
    Life Celebrations 8

Marcus Pucci · Married on 09/29/2019

Wedding Officiant

I was very satisfied with ceremony and the experience overall. Brian was very thorough, asking several good questions during the pre-planning session that personalized the ceremony for us and helped us to make better selections with regard to the readings and family member acknowledgements. My wife and I were extremely pleased with the outcome and would highly recommend Brian as the Officiant for your ceremony.

Sent on 10/05/2019

Alissa S · Married on 09/27/2019

Brian spoke as if he'd know us our whole lives

Brian worked with us via phone to put together the most beautiful wedding ceremony. Since we were hosting an outdoor wedding and not one in a church, we weren't sure how to pull it off with spirituality and tradition. Brian led us through the process and gave us GREAT ideas for how to include our 3 children in the ceremony in a meaningful way. While preparing for the ceremony, Brian asked my husband and I several leading questions about our relationship, our dreams for our newly blended family and even offered a few readings from which we chose. I can easily say that Brian helped make our beautiful day even more special. I can not recommend him enough. He was very well spoken, polished, professional yet warm and lovely.

Sent on 10/09/2019
    Life Celebrations 9

Anjali Shah · Married on 08/30/2019

Had the best experience with Brian as our Officiant for our private wedding ceremony in Carmel!

My fiance and I decided to have a private non-religious wedding ceremony in Carmel before our big Indian wedding a few weeks later. We were so happy with our experience with Brian! From when we first reached out to Brian, he took the time to send us different readings and vows to choose from, and even gave us a recommendation on locations since we are not from Carmel. He set up a call to get to know us better and how we met, and incorporated those details into the ceremony to make it more personal. The location and the service was perfect, and the words were all so meaningful to us. He even provided us with a copy of all the readings and vows he spoke to so we would be able to keep. I would highly recommend Brian as an Officiant if you are looking for someone to make your wedding ceremony special and have give it that personal touch!

Sent on 09/03/2019
  • Anna

Anna Janik · Married on 08/24/2019

Absolutely Incredible Officiant

Brian Lyke was our wedding officiant and we were so thrilled with our decision to have gone with him. When we first met with him, we could tell that he cared about our ceremony and really wanted to make sure everything was perfect. He asked questions about me and my spouse, how we met, our families, religious backgrounds, and ideas for our vows and overall ceremony in order to make sure that the event had a personalized touch. We thoroughly enjoyed our experience working with him and the message he provided during the ceremony. Our friends and family also told us that they were very touched by his message. If you are looking for a wedding officiant who is kind, caring, thoughtful, funny, respectful, and willing to work with you and your spouse to contribute fully to your special day, look no further!

Sent on 08/29/2019

Lori Giannini Fulton · Married on 08/10/2019

Beyond Our Expectations

Brian Lyke officiated our wedding ceremony and it was beyond our expectations. We had met with Brian twice for coffee and discussed our family history and ceremony details. When the day arrived the ceremony was more than we could have asked, the flow was perfect. Brian personalized our ceremony beyond our hopes. Brian was very detailed, reliable and punctual. We highly recommend Brian. Following the wedding, we received many compliments on the ceremony and many of our guests commented that Brian did a wonderful job. We are very appreciative to Brian for making our ceremony so beautiful and memorable.
    Mr. & Mrs. Randy Fulton

Sent on 09/02/2019

Marina and Mark · Married on 07/28/2019

Wonderful experience

A true professional. From the initial interaction Brian’s genuine demeanor was comforting as we got to know each other. Brian was always immediately responsive to any questions or concerns and had a great recommendation on how to add a passage from our favorite book into the ceremony. Very well spoken and all the guests gave high praise. Would very much recommend Brian for your wedding ceremony.

Sincerely,
    The Maguires

Sent on 08/05/2019

Melissa Nunes · Married on 07/13/2019

Amazing and Beautiful Speech

Brian was absolutely amazing! He wrote up a beautiful speech that was a great combination of funny and sentimental and captured our relationship perfectly. I would absolutely recommend him to my friends!

Sent on 07/29/2019

Amanda · Married on 07/07/2019

Brian Lyke

Brian was wonderful. He gave us a conference call to get to know us, had a face to face meeting with us, helped us through our vows, kept up with emails and showed up to rehearsal and the wedding day early. He was everything we could’ve asked for.

Sent on 07/30/2019

Tim Watson · Married on 06/29/2019

Reverend Brian Lyke

My wife & I used Brian Lyke for our wedding ceremony. We met with Brian in person just to get to know each other. Our first meeting was great. Brian wrote down a ton of notes from that meeting and explained what he learned from our meeting in our phone conversation a few weeks before the wedding. He was very confident with his words and we were extremely happy with our ceremony. Friends & Family told my wife & I how nice the ceremony was. I would recommend Reverend Brian Lyke. He did a great job!

Sent on 07/08/2019
    Life Celebrations 10
  • Norberto

Norberto Roman · Married on 06/23/2019

Our perfect wedding...

What can I say about Brian, he’s very professional and a really amazing guy. I picked Brian because of his reviews and the communication between both of us from the beginning was great. He picked the perfect spot for our private and romantic wedding and it was everything Judi & I dreamed! Thank you so much Brian for making our wedding day so special.

Sent on 07/09/2019
    Life Celebrations 11

Carol Jin · Married on 06/08/2019

A truly wonderful officiant

I am so grateful that my husband and I chose Brian to officiate our wedding in Monterey. He took the time to get to know us and crafted a personalized ceremony that felt genuinely inclusive to our guests from a variety of faith backgrounds. Many of our friends thought we had known Brian for years and were surprised to learn that we had met him only a few months before the wedding. Brian exuded genuine warmth and radiated kindness, and I can't thank him enough for being an integral part of a special day that I'll remember for the rest of my life. Brian went above and beyond by giving Jason and me a copy of his ceremony remarks so we'll have his words to remember and reread many years from now. Looking back, I can't imagine having had anyone else officiate my wedding. I spoke with one of my friends after returning from my honeymoon recently and he still remembers some of the main points from Brian's brief but meaningful message about love.

Sent on 07/23/2019
    Life Celebrations 12
  • Cathleen

Cathleen · Married on 06/06/2019

Heartfelt and Effortless

If you are not using Brian as your officiant, you are doing it wrong! From a planning perspective, Brian was very organized and helped us make decisions with ease regarding the ceremony, which was a relief given how we did not use a wedding planner and our minds were all over the map. As a spiritual advisor, he was very heartfelt and was a positive figure with a check-in / intro call early in the process, as well as providing opportunities for pre-marital counseling sessions with his colleague Zia (also a great resource! ). And for the big event, his ceremony was so well run - very special for a small intimate wedding of 75+ family and close friends at Holman Ranch.

Sent on 06/22/2019
  • Christian

Christian · Married on 05/25/2019

Simply the best

Look no further you have found your officiant!! Brian is the definition of professional. He kept our ceremony light and funny while still capturing the essence of what we as the couple wanted to get across to our guests.
    After a bad experience with my now wife’s old pastor, Brain was a breath of fresh air. Non judgmental and warm and understanding. He listened to us and just by meeting with us for an hour or so was able to put together a ceremony where you would think he’s known us our whole lives. In fact a few of our wedding guests did ask if he was our pastor.
    Brian will remain in our lives for years to come through christenings and however else we can fit him into our lives.
    If the above didn’t say it, we highly recommend Brian!! He will fit into your plans perfectly. There really isn’t enough kind things I can say about Brian. He is the perfect guy for your perfect day.

Sent on 06/18/2019

Damien Shreeve · Married on 05/18/2019

Wonderful service and person

We renewed our wedding vows in on the beach in Carmel by the Sea while on holiday from Australia. We cannot thank Brian enough. He was kind, extremely helpful and even with little preparation, it felt very well organised. He made the occasion truly memorable and I would recommend him for any type of service, big or small. THANKYOU!!!!!

Sent on 06/18/2019
    Life Celebrations 13

Brittany Harris · Married on 05/11/2019

Without Brian our day wouldn't have been a perfect as it was!

Brain was quick to respond to any questions we had. He was very organized and had many options to choose from so that we could compile our own wedding ceremony that fit our personalities. To be honest we did not really provide Brian with a ton of guidance or opinon on what we were looking for. With that being said, he was still able to construct a beautiful ceremony with beautiful readings, scripture, and a little humor here and there. We were blown away that his work was so personalized to us, but we had only spoke once over the phone, and met once the day before since we were traveling from Alabama to CA. Now that is something you can not put a price on. He has countless years of experience and advice to help make your day special. We 100% recommended Brain!

Sent on 05/21/2019

Diana Wong · Married on 04/13/2019

Wonderful, thoughtful & communicative

We're so thankful to Brian for the role he played in putting together the best day of our lives. His ceremony was so thoughtful, well spoken, and, in no other possible words, perfect.

Brian was very responsive, very flexible, and asked great questions to quickly get to know us as a couple. He was a great collaborator in taking what we thought would be meaningful during the ceremony (readings, ceremonies) and giving us advice on the best way to structure it for guests - my only regret was not asking for his thoughts earlier! He made sure to include touches about us and love into his remarks, so that his words were relatable but still deeply personal to us.

Thanks to Brian for his kind words and wisdom - both about life and about wedding ceremonies :)

Sent on 06/26/2019

Marnette · Married on 04/05/2019

Wonderful officiant!

Brian was a wonderful officiant. As we prepared for the ceremony, Brian was always responsive and gave me with all the answers to my questions. He was professional, going over all of the small details that were important to me. On the day of the ceremony, he made sure to introduce himself to our ring bearer, my nephew, so he could feel at ease when it came time to bring the rings forward. And I can't even count how many our guests complimented Brian and asked us about him. They said that our ceremony was the right balance — thoughtful and touching, with just the right amount of humor. We couldn't be happier with our choice to have Brian officiate our wedding.

Sent on 04/15/2019
    Life Celebrations 14

Laurey H · Married on 12/29/2018

Our wedding ceremony

We had an amazing experience having Brian as our officiant for our wedding! He was professional and reliable. We enjoyed his sense of humor and how he personalized our ceremony.

Sent on 12/31/2018
    Life Celebrations 15
  • Alicia

Alicia · Married on 12/08/2018

Wonderful Officiant

When we were looking for an officiant we had no idea where to start. We wanted a nondenominational ceremony that was personal and fun. Being a non-traditional couple we wanted to customize our ceremony with our own vows and unique readings. Brian was recommend to us by a friend and after talking to him on the phone we knew he would be perfect! We met up for coffee and Brain got to know us better and asked some great questions about how we met and what brought us together. He was very helpful and supportive leading up to the wedding. I ran into some writers block and reached out for some help. He gave great advice and I was able to get into words how I felt. We had given him a few readings we loved and hoped he could work them into the ceremony. We did not get to read the ceremony ahead of time but it came out beautifully! It was perfect and real and honest. We laughed and cried throughout the whole ceremony. A few of our guest comment on how beautiful the ceremony was. Brian was an excellent officiant and I would recommend him to anyone looking for a personal and meaningful ceremony.

Sent on 01/04/2019
  • Lee

Lee Ann Bryan · Married on 10/28/2018

Perfect Ceremony

Rev. Lyke performed the perfect ceremony for us. He took the time to learn about us, our history and our relationship and sweetly included special details into the ceremony. The Bible scripture and prayer were very touching. Our ceremony was in the Redwood Grove. Rev. Lyke correlated the life of the Redwoods to our marriage...strong yet needing each other to survive. Rev. Lyke mad our special day perfect!

Sent on 11/05/2018

Nlambert · Married on 10/28/2018

Deep appreciation

I wanted to extend our deepest appreciation to you for making our wedding such a fun party! Along with our guests, we just loved every moment of our ceremony, and truly appreciated how you captured our love, and brought all our guest together. You made the whole experience effortless.

We will continue to sing your praises to all of our friends and family, and wish you nothing but continued success!

Sent on 11/14/2018
  • Brittney

Brittney Lawrence · Married on 10/27/2018

Listened to everything we said and executed PERFECTLY!

My now husband and I met with Brian in Monterey to get to know him a little before deciding to hire him for our ceremony. We were instantly comfortable with him and ended up chatting for about an hour. Working with Brian was so easy and he was incredibly responsive over the months leading up to the wedding. He even provided examples of vows and passages for us to choose from while also offering to help us with our own vows should we choose to write them.

The ceremony itself could not have been more perfect. Brian has a calm energy and incorporated God, our friends and family and the true meaning of love and commitment. Everything we had discussed he remembered and we couldn't have been happier with him!

If you're in need of an officiant hire Brian!!!

Sent on 11/06/2018

Scott Bruman · Married on 10/20/2018

Couldn't be happier!

Brian was friendly and nice, and very helpful as we decided what our ceremony and vows would look like. His recommendation on location was excellent, and we couldn't be happier! Thank you, Brian!!

Scott and Shan