41 Reviews for L'Fay Bridal

Sample Sales (1)
Trunk Shows (1)
Jewelry (1)
41 L'Fay Bridal Reviews

My best friend and I had a wonderful experience at L'Fay Bridal. The staff were very friendly and knowledgeable and they had a vast collection of gorgeous gowns. I would highly recommend!

Profile Picture Marcy, 12/31/18, 12 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

L’fay was the 2nd out of 3 dress shops that I went to. They were not pushy, left me time to decide, and gave me so many tips along the way. Their alterations department is the best, even after I broke the zipper on the dress at my 2nd fitting (oops). I even got champagne when I decided that the dress was the one. They were really flexible with scheduling and just overall a joy to work with.

Profile Picture Megan, 4/14/18, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Alterations, Bridal Gowns, Sample Gowns, Bride
0.6

I had several appointments for wedding dresses scheduled for the first week of August and L'Fay in Chatham, NJ was by far the least impressive of all stores. The selection is mediocre at best - there seemed to only be a handful of designers. After I explained to the salesperson what I was interested in (beaded lace, fit and flare), she continued to bring me dress after dress in ball gown, sheath and tulle (which I specifically stated I did not want). Everything was just random. In addition, if you are above a size 8-10 in regular dress sizes, don't even bother walking into this store. I'm normally a 10-12 and absolutely nothing fit. The sales person stated that they have clients of all shapes and sizes come into the store and often make purchases by simply "holding the dress up" to get an idea as to how it would fit. Who does that when purchasing a wedding dress!? I would not recommend this store to anyone.

Profile Picture Laura, 3/17/18, 1 Review
4.2

Great Experience at L'fay bridal in Chatham! I loved that they let me try on what ever styles I wanted to try on vs. other bridal salons needed to choose for you. They have a great selection of unique, beautiful gowns at many price levels. You have to pay a standard $500 alterations fee regardless of how much work you need to have done. I found that comparable to most places I visited in NY/ NJ. All of the sales team were so nice, flexible and eager to make you happy.

Profile Picture Gina, 12/16/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Alterations, Appts. Only, Bridal Gowns, Veils, Bride

L'Fay Bridal is nothing short of amazing! I was worried that I wouldn't find a dress that fit my vision, but Mikeala made it happen! The dresses and accessories that L'Fay carries are beautiful and of superior quality -- their merchandise was the best by far out of the bridal shops I visited. One of my favorite things about L'Fay is the way that they schedule appointments. During my shopping trips and fittings, I was the only bride there, which made me feel super comftorable to try things on without feeling crowded. In addition, the staff always made my family and friends that accompanied me feel welcome! As I live in Virginia (but am from New Jersey) I was only able too make it for fittings on certain occasions -- the ladies at L'Fay always worked with me to schedule appointments that fit my crazy schedule. I highly recommend L'Fay -- so many options and you will be in great hands!

Profile Picture Bianca, 7/22/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

L'fay Bridal is simply the best. They were the first place I went to and I was sold. Finding your wedding dress is one of the most stressful parts of wedding planning but they are so patient and accommodating. They never make you feel rushed and the small/intimate setting makes the experience that much more special. I worked with Patty, who is one of the most sincere, funny, and kindest women I have ever met. She gives you her honest opinion and really puts you at ease. Peggy, who did my alterations, did a phenomenal job and really listened to what I wanted and made all the changes in a timely manner. I cannot thank them enough for making my day that much more special!!!

Caroline
xoxo

Profile Picture Caroline, 6/25/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

My experience at L'Fay was superb! After visiting a number of other bridal salons and feeling either rushed or treated like just another average bride, I made an appointment with Patti at L'Fay. They do not overbook so I truly felt I was getting the attention I deserved. Patti helped me find the most perfect wedding dress and called me the moment it came in. My fittings were carefree and they did a fabulous job making sure I was comfortable. I highly recommend L'Fay Bridal, but especially making an appointment with Patti.

Profile Picture Michele, 6/3/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Alterations, Bride, Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Sample Gowns, Veils

I cannot say enough good things about L'Fay Bridal in Chatham, NJ. I wanted a Berta Bridal wedding dress, and I made an appointment for the trunk show there in April 2016. We drove 2 and a half hours to come to L'fay, because of their great reviews and let me tell you they did not disappoint! The appointment was personalized and not to mention a lot of fun! I felt so welcomed and comfortable, and their opinions were so helpful and honest! I purchased my dream Berta wedding gown and could not wait for it to come in! Their accommodations for the fittings with our travel time and my busy schedule were extremely helpful. I thought I couldn't love my dress more than when I purchased it, but when it was customized by the seamstress I was in awe! When you spend thousands on a wedding gown it is extremely important to have a top notch seamstress, and I am certain that they have the best one out there! She is absolutely AMAZING, and her work is impeccable. She thought of every detail of the wedding night and the functionality of the dress. I cannot thank the entire team at L'Fay enough for making my entire wedding gown experience comfortable, relaxed, and enjoyable! I would recommend them to anyone looking for an amazing gown with a fun and personalized experience!

Profile Picture Marissa, 1/13/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

You feel like a VIP from the moment you walk in the door. I worked with Patti who was amazing. From my first visit to the store they make sure you feel comfortable and fully put together when trying on dresses. When I selected my dress, they go above and beyond to make it perfect for you. I had a belt added to my dress which the tailor sewed in perfectly. My dress had a complicated bustle in the back and she made sure to provide detailed instructions on how to bustle it correctly after my ceremony. I would go back there every time if I could.

Profile Picture Allie, 11/5/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

The service here is top notch and they have some of the most georgepus dresses. The seamstress and very flexible and Patty is amazing. You will not be disappointed here! I highly recommend!

Profile Picture Lindsay, 11/5/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Everyone at L'Fay was super nice, very welcoming - and it is a lovely shop. They make you feel very comfortable spending a lot of money on one dress. They were prompt at communicating and had really quality dresses in my budget - I definitely wanted to be under $3000. If you're in the NJ area, it's worth a stop by.

Profile Picture Courtney, 10/8/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

The absolute best! After more than 10 different bridal salons in 4 different states, L'Fay finally made me feel like a bride. My consultant listened to what I wanted and only brought me dresses that fit my description. I was dead-set on an off the should style a-line/ball gown dress and she did not try to talk me out of it like so many other consultants I met with at different salons. I felt very special and taken care of while I was there and almost cried when I received a hand-written note congratulating me on my wedding and choosing a gown. Fittings were effortless and the seamstress is AMAZING. She created the most beautiful bustle on a dress that had a very long train and unique shape. I couldn't have been happier with my experience.

Profile Picture Audra, 10/8/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Bridal Gowns, Veils, Alterations

I purchased my wedding gown and veil from L'Fay Bridal and the process from start to finish was absolutely fabulous!! Patty helped me pinpoint exactly what I was looking for in terms of style and fit and was extremely repsonsive any time I had a question. The collection of dresses was stunning. When my perfect dress arrived, the multiple fittings went smoothly, and everyone was extremely knowledgeable and professional. The seamstress is a gooddess! She made my veil from scratch and fit the dress perfectly to my body. I highly recommend involving L'Fay Bridal in your upcoming wedding. They are experts in the industry, reliable, and really treat the brides with outstanding customer service. That you again L'Fay Bridal for providing me with the perfect wedding dress experience!

Profile Picture Loren, 9/24/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I purchased my wedding dress from L'fay for my wedding recently on 9/3/16. The experience is like no other, it was so personal and private which made it even more special when i said "yes!" They even offered to steam my veil for me before i picked it up 2 days before my wedding. They were a pleasure to work with, truly amazing!

Profile Picture Amy, 9/3/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Bridal Gowns, Alterations, Appts. Only, Bride

I had my eye on a Berta Bridal gown for a long time and was ecstatic to find out L'Fay Bridal was having a Berta Bridal Trunk Show. Juliana was my consultant for the day and she assisted me with trying on not only Berta designs but a few others just to get a true idea of what I would love. I was so happy to have said yes to the dress! The staff was so friendly and inviting. I put that poor seamstress through some work especially a few days before my wedding day at my final fitting. I still wasn't 100% satisfied with the back of my dress and she was able to fix it perfectly in two days to ensure I would have it ready for my big day! I was so pleased with their service and would definitely recommend them to any future brides to be!

Profile Picture Susana, 8/20/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Alterations, Appts. Only, Trunk Shows, Bride, Bridal Gowns

My experience at L'Fay was everything I hoped shopping for my wedding dress would be. From the time I called to schedule an appointment the staff was kind and considerate. Laura spent a lot of time with me and let me try as many dresses as possible. When I chose one...Laura even gave us champagne to celebrate! What a fun day and perfect experience!

Profile Picture Katie, 7/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Of the several various stores I went to looking for a wedding gown, which included big name bridal stores, the BEST experience I've had was at L'Fay in Chatham, NJ! Patti and Jeanie were amazing to work with! They understood what I was looking for, how to add little custom pieces to my gown, and were so incredibly nice and sweet. I recommend them to anyone who is looking for an exquisite shopping experience with beautiful gowns and alterations that are unlike any other bridal store.

Profile Picture User5620560, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bride, Alterations, Sample Sales, Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Hair Accessories, Sample Gowns, Veils

My sister bought her dress here, and it was one of two boutiques I wanted to go to. Laura was so accommodating with my appointments, and I even needed to change it a few times. I never ended up going to the second boutique as I found my dress after trying on only five. The reason I really wanted to buy here is because their seamstress is AMAZING. Jeanie, their seamstress, is a miracle working and such a pleasure to work with. When my gown came in in June, it was too small and wouldn't zipper. I had gained about 10-15lbs since purchasing my dress, but when we placed the order, we figured that would happen since I had just had surgery. The size they ordered was correct (6), because if they had ordered an 8, taken it in would have compromised the shape. Jeanie worked diligently over 2 appointments to make sure she got the dress to fit perfectly. Laura is no longer with them, but Patti is equally as amazing. I was so scatter brained the week of my wedding I FORGOT TO PICK MY DRESS UP! They stayed there a little late for me to come get it a few hours after my missed appointment. They are the best!

Profile Picture SARA, 9/19/15, 8 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

There are no words that can explain how wonderful Patty from L'fay bridal has made my experience of purchasing a wedding gown. I went to every bridal shop in the tri state area and the service I was greeted with at L'fay is by far the greatest. She had brought in a sample of a gown that was at the top of my list to compare to others I was going to try on and really listened to what I wanted. From the treats, to accommodating a last minute pop in, to the pep talk in the dressing room to focus on what I want and what I love, to the purchasing of a beautiful dress that I am in love with L'fay is the best. There is no one I would trust more with the most important dress I will ever wear. Thank you so much for everything Patricia and the rest of the L'fay team!

Profile Picture Jennifer , 8/9/15, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

From the moment I called I knew I was going to have a phenomenal experience at L'Fay. I made my appointment with Patti, who was very accommodating with my busy schedule. She made a 5:30 pm appt knowing the store closes at 6:00 pm. I already purchased a dress from another boutique and was dissatisfied. I explained my concerns with Patti over the phone and she left me feeling very confident about our appointment. The boutique is in a quaint location with a private lot. They have a number of dresses on the floor and more in the back. Upon arrival, I was immediately greeted by Patti who offered myself, Mom, and younger sister a beverage while we waited for her to finish her previous appointment. About 5 min later we began our consultation. I reminded Patti of my concerns and goal of the appointment. I tried on the first dress that caught my eye at in the store. Needless to say about an hour later I was signing the contract and had my dream dress!! I was very pleased with her professionalism, understanding, and thoroughness. Although we were in the studio past normal business hours, we never felt rushed at any moment while we were there. When the dress came in, the cup size was probably two sizes two small. The seamstress, Jennie totally transformed the top of the dress and literally made into a custom gown. I am beyond impressed with her capabilities and desire to make it as perfect as I wanted it to be.

This store also has an extensive Berta selection, so for brides looking for that designer L'Fay is perfect.

If you are looking for an intimate moderate to high priced boutique with personable and friendly staff L'Fay is the place for you!

Profile Picture Amanda, 8/8/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I cannot say enough good things about L'Fay. I just had the most wonderful, personalized experience. Patti in particular is just amazing. My dress was absolutely stunning. Aditionally, the seamstress was amazing. I lost a lot of weight through the months leading up to my date, so we had some work to do. Everything came perfectly. From the moment we stepped into L'Fay we were treated like gold. Patti helped me with my dress, veil, sash and hair accessories. Everything went beautifully together. Also, she was so accomodating and warm from start to finish. These past 6 months working with her have just been incredible, so accomodating and helpful. My mother and I were actually sad the last day picking up the dress because it would be our last appointment with Patti! Just an A+++ experience all around.

Profile Picture Lori, 6/14/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I worked with Patti at L'fay in Chatham to choose my wedding dress. I had an amazing experience from start to finish & could not be happier with the final product!! Purchasing my dress from L'fay was one of the best decisions I made & the dress totally stole the show!! I've had so many compliments about it!!

Thank you!!

Profile Picture Amie, 6/5/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I checked out several places for my wedding dress, until I found L'Fay bridal while searching through google and the wedding websites. The first time I went there, I met with Laura who was very nice and made me feel very comfortable. They do not have a huge selection but they definitely have a variety which I liked because I was able to detect which ones I really wanted to try on without having to select from hundreds and hundreds of dresses. As soon as I saw and tried on my dress, I knew it was the one. I did not buy it the first time, and the price was exactly what I was looking to spend. I did not buy the dress the first time I tried it on, I went to another shop and tried on a few dresses just in case I found something else - BUT 2 weeks later, I went back to L'Fay and bought the dress. I felt extremely confident and beautiful in the dress. L'Fay bridal seamstress customized the dress to fit me very well, the whole process from me buying the dress in November, receiving the dress in March, and then fittings, I took the dress home early May - my wedding day was at the end of May. They also have beautiful wedding veils. I went with a cathedral veil 120 ft long and a blusher, but I had it made and customized the same way I saw it at L'Fay, elsewhere, because it was WAY too expensive at L'Fay bridal for both. Overall, the shop was beautiful, filled with beautiful dresses and I was glad that I checked out L'Fay bridal, because I LOVED my dress.

Profile Picture Aileen, 5/29/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Alterations, Bride, Bridal Gowns

I had been to two other bridal salons before visiting L'Fay, and just hadn't found anything that felt special enough to me. Based on browsing some of the collection on their website, I decided to give L'Fay a try, since it seemed like they had some more interesting / unique gowns. Once I visited, I saw that that part was definitely true, as they had a lot of options that were unlike the gowns I'd seen at other salons.

I worked with Patti, and she was absolutely fantastic -- really helpful with ideas, but let me guide the session and what I liked / didn't like, plus she was very patient when I started to get frustrated about the gown I loved not being *quite* perfect for me. In the end, we did a bit of a customization to take what was essentially a sheath style (at least on the model) and add some body to make it more of a fit and flare. I was a bit nervous about whether it would turn out the way I envisioned, but the seamstress we worked with at L'Fay was amazing! Her work was meticulous and flawless, and she totally brought my dream gown to life. I can't recommend her highly enough.

Profile Picture Jackie, 5/9/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

My daughter chose to come in from California to go wedding dress shopping. This was her first day shopping and we went to one other bridal shop before coming to L'Fay. I cannot list ALL the praises we have for Laura, who assisted us. They had a wonderful selection of inventory to chose from at all different price points. We told her our budget and she showed my daughter a variety of styles to choose from. Laura took the time to talk to her about the venue, type of wedding she envisioned, about her fiance as well. After getting a good feel for the wedding my daughter was planning, she actually pulled a dress for her to try on having a great understanding of her body type & the look she was trying to achieve. We went no further...that was the perfect dress & we bought it that same day. The experience my daughter had was wonderful, and that is all a reflection on not only the exceptional customer service Laura provided but also the person she is to care about understanding "who" her bride is and "what" the bride hopes her wedding day will be. Thank you Laura, because you have made not only the bride happy but the mom of the bride as well. This is the first and only bridal shop you need to go to to find your perfect dress to make your wedding day perfect!

Profile Picture Denice, 8/16/14, 1 Review