L'Fay Bridal Reviews

L'Fay Bridal 4
L'Fay Bridal 5
L'Fay Bridal 6

Marcy · Married on 12/31/2018

My best friend and I had a wonderful experience at L'Fay Bridal. The staff were very friendly and knowledgeable and they had a vast collection of gorgeous gowns. I would highly recommend!

Sent on 03/20/2018

Megan · Married on 04/14/2018

L’fay was the 2nd out of 3 dress shops that I went to. They were not pushy, left me time to decide, and gave me so many tips along the way. Their alterations department is the best, even after I broke the zipper on the dress at my 2nd fitting (oops). I even got champagne when I decided that the dress was the one. They were really flexible with scheduling and just overall a joy to work with.

Sent on 04/17/2018

Allie S. · Married on 01/27/2018

A really wonderful experience

I loved L’Fay! My Mom was very sick at the time I was shopping for my wedding dress and could not be with me at the appointment. Patti was extremely understanding and patient as I tried to find "the dress" without my number one person there with me. I only had a few short months between looking for a dress and the ceremony. Patti made sure my expectations were realistic and helped me find a dress that could be altered in time for the big day. I also want to point out the seamstress, Anita, was wonderful to work with. She helped coach me and my bridesmaids through the best bustle technique and gave honest feedback on how the dress fit. Patti and Anita also went above and beyond when it came to the veil. I had requested that my Mom's wedding dress be made into my veil. Not knowing if this was even possible, I brought the dress in so Patti and team could review and ensure they could find a section of fabric that would work. They found viable fabric and turned it into a beautiful veil. I am so, so appreciative of the kindness and patience of the L'Fay staff and recommend them to my friends and family every chance I get.

Sent on 10/28/2018

Bianca · Married on 07/22/2017

L'Fay Bridal is nothing short of amazing! I was worried that I wouldn't find a dress that fit my vision, but Mikeala made it happen! The dresses and accessories that L'Fay carries are beautiful and of superior quality -- their merchandise was the best by far out of the bridal shops I visited. One of my favorite things about L'Fay is the way that they schedule appointments. During my shopping trips and fittings, I was the only bride there, which made me feel super comftorable to try things on without feeling crowded. In addition, the staff always made my family and friends that accompanied me feel welcome! As I live in Virginia (but am from New Jersey) I was only able too make it for fittings on certain occasions -- the ladies at L'Fay always worked with me to schedule appointments that fit my crazy schedule. I highly recommend L'Fay -- so many options and you will be in great hands!

Sent on 12/18/2017

Caroline · Married on 06/25/2017

L'fay Bridal is simply the best. They were the first place I went to and I was sold. Finding your wedding dress is one of the most stressful parts of wedding planning but they are so patient and accommodating. They never make you feel rushed and the small/intimate setting makes the experience that much more special. I worked with Patty, who is one of the most sincere, funny, and kindest women I have ever met. She gives you her honest opinion and really puts you at ease. Peggy, who did my alterations, did a phenomenal job and really listened to what I wanted and made all the changes in a timely manner. I cannot thank them enough for making my day that much more special!!!

Caroline
    xoxo

Sent on 06/28/2017

Michele · Married on 06/03/2017

My experience at L'Fay was superb! After visiting a number of other bridal salons and feeling either rushed or treated like just another average bride, I made an appointment with Patti at L'Fay. They do not overbook so I truly felt I was getting the attention I deserved. Patti helped me find the most perfect wedding dress and called me the moment it came in. My fittings were carefree and they did a fabulous job making sure I was comfortable. I highly recommend L'Fay Bridal, but especially making an appointment with Patti.

Sent on 08/03/2017

Marissa · Married on 01/13/2017

I cannot say enough good things about L'Fay Bridal in Chatham, NJ. I wanted a Berta Bridal wedding dress, and I made an appointment for the trunk show there in April 2016. We drove 2 and a half hours to come to L'fay, because of their great reviews and let me tell you they did not disappoint! The appointment was personalized and not to mention a lot of fun! I felt so welcomed and comfortable, and their opinions were so helpful and honest! I purchased my dream Berta wedding gown and could not wait for it to come in! Their accommodations for the fittings with our travel time and my busy schedule were extremely helpful. I thought I couldn't love my dress more than when I purchased it, but when it was customized by the seamstress I was in awe! When you spend thousands on a wedding gown it is extremely important to have a top notch seamstress, and I am certain that they have the best one out there! She is absolutely AMAZING, and her work is impeccable. She thought of every detail of the wedding night and the functionality of the dress. I cannot thank the entire team at L'Fay enough for making my entire wedding gown experience comfortable, relaxed, and enjoyable! I would recommend them to anyone looking for an amazing gown with a fun and personalized experience!

Sent on 12/21/2016

Allie · Married on 11/05/2016

You feel like a VIP from the moment you walk in the door. I worked with Patti who was amazing. From my first visit to the store they make sure you feel comfortable and fully put together when trying on dresses. When I selected my dress, they go above and beyond to make it perfect for you. I had a belt added to my dress which the tailor sewed in perfectly. My dress had a complicated bustle in the back and she made sure to provide detailed instructions on how to bustle it correctly after my ceremony. I would go back there every time if I could.

Sent on 11/22/2016

The service here is top notch and they have some of the most georgepus dresses. The seamstress and very flexible and Patty is amazing. You will not be disappointed here! I highly recommend!

Sent on 11/26/2016

Courtney · Married on 10/08/2016

Everyone at L'Fay was super nice, very welcoming - and it is a lovely shop. They make you feel very comfortable spending a lot of money on one dress. They were prompt at communicating and had really quality dresses in my budget - I definitely wanted to be under $3000. If you're in the NJ area, it's worth a stop by.

Sent on 10/13/2016

Audra · Married on 10/08/2016

The absolute best! After more than 10 different bridal salons in 4 different states, L'Fay finally made me feel like a bride. My consultant listened to what I wanted and only brought me dresses that fit my description. I was dead-set on an off the should style a-line/ball gown dress and she did not try to talk me out of it like so many other consultants I met with at different salons. I felt very special and taken care of while I was there and almost cried when I received a hand-written note congratulating me on my wedding and choosing a gown. Fittings were effortless and the seamstress is AMAZING. She created the most beautiful bustle on a dress that had a very long train and unique shape. I couldn't have been happier with my experience.

Sent on 01/24/2018
    L'Fay Bridal 7
    L'Fay Bridal 8
    L'Fay Bridal 9
    L'Fay Bridal 10
    L'Fay Bridal 11
    L'Fay Bridal 12

Loren · Married on 09/24/2016

I purchased my wedding gown and veil from L'Fay Bridal and the process from start to finish was absolutely fabulous!! Patty helped me pinpoint exactly what I was looking for in terms of style and fit and was extremely repsonsive any time I had a question. The collection of dresses was stunning. When my perfect dress arrived, the multiple fittings went smoothly, and everyone was extremely knowledgeable and professional. The seamstress is a gooddess! She made my veil from scratch and fit the dress perfectly to my body. I highly recommend involving L'Fay Bridal in your upcoming wedding. They are experts in the industry, reliable, and really treat the brides with outstanding customer service. That you again L'Fay Bridal for providing me with the perfect wedding dress experience!

Sent on 10/21/2016

Amy · Married on 09/03/2016

I purchased my wedding dress from L'fay for my wedding recently on 9/3/16. The experience is like no other, it was so personal and private which made it even more special when i said "yes!" They even offered to steam my veil for me before i picked it up 2 days before my wedding. They were a pleasure to work with, truly amazing!

Sent on 09/08/2016

Susana · Married on 08/20/2016

I had my eye on a Berta Bridal gown for a long time and was ecstatic to find out L'Fay Bridal was having a Berta Bridal Trunk Show. Juliana was my consultant for the day and she assisted me with trying on not only Berta designs but a few others just to get a true idea of what I would love. I was so happy to have said yes to the dress! The staff was so friendly and inviting. I put that poor seamstress through some work especially a few days before my wedding day at my final fitting. I still wasn't 100% satisfied with the back of my dress and she was able to fix it perfectly in two days to ensure I would have it ready for my big day! I was so pleased with their service and would definitely recommend them to any future brides to be!

Sent on 12/27/2016
  • User5620560 · 2+ years ago

Of the several various stores I went to looking for a wedding gown, which included big name bridal stores, the BEST experience I've had was at L'Fay in Chatham, NJ! Patti and Jeanie were amazing to work with! They understood what I was looking for, how to add little custom pieces to my gown, and were so incredibly nice and sweet. I recommend them to anyone who is looking for an exquisite shopping experience with beautiful gowns and alterations that are unlike any other bridal store.

Sent on 11/16/2015
  • SaraLep

SARA · Married on 09/19/2015

My sister bought her dress here, and it was one of two boutiques I wanted to go to. Laura was so accommodating with my appointments, and I even needed to change it a few times. I never ended up going to the second boutique as I found my dress after trying on only five. The reason I really wanted to buy here is because their seamstress is AMAZING. Jeanie, their seamstress, is a miracle working and such a pleasure to work with. When my gown came in in June, it was too small and wouldn't zipper. I had gained about 10-15lbs since purchasing my dress, but when we placed the order, we figured that would happen since I had just had surgery. The size they ordered was correct (6), because if they had ordered an 8, taken it in would have compromised the shape. Jeanie worked diligently over 2 appointments to make sure she got the dress to fit perfectly. Laura is no longer with them, but Patti is equally as amazing. I was so scatter brained the week of my wedding I FORGOT TO PICK MY DRESS UP! They stayed there a little late for me to come get it a few hours after my missed appointment. They are the best!

Sent on 03/05/2015

Jennifer · Married on 08/09/2015

There are no words that can explain how wonderful Patty from L'fay bridal has made my experience of purchasing a wedding gown. I went to every bridal shop in the tri state area and the service I was greeted with at L'fay is by far the greatest. She had brought in a sample of a gown that was at the top of my list to compare to others I was going to try on and really listened to what I wanted. From the treats, to accommodating a last minute pop in, to the pep talk in the dressing room to focus on what I want and what I love, to the purchasing of a beautiful dress that I am in love with L'fay is the best. There is no one I would trust more with the most important dress I will ever wear. Thank you so much for everything Patricia and the rest of the L'fay team!

Sent on 12/15/2014

Amanda · Married on 08/08/2015

From the moment I called I knew I was going to have a phenomenal experience at L'Fay. I made my appointment with Patti, who was very accommodating with my busy schedule. She made a 5:30 pm appt knowing the store closes at 6:00 pm. I already purchased a dress from another boutique and was dissatisfied. I explained my concerns with Patti over the phone and she left me feeling very confident about our appointment. The boutique is in a quaint location with a private lot. They have a number of dresses on the floor and more in the back. Upon arrival, I was immediately greeted by Patti who offered myself, Mom, and younger sister a beverage while we waited for her to finish her previous appointment. About 5 min later we began our consultation. I reminded Patti of my concerns and goal of the appointment. I tried on the first dress that caught my eye at in the store. Needless to say about an hour later I was signing the contract and had my dream dress!! I was very pleased with her professionalism, understanding, and thoroughness. Although we were in the studio past normal business hours, we never felt rushed at any moment while we were there. When the dress came in, the cup size was probably two sizes two small. The seamstress, Jennie totally transformed the top of the dress and literally made into a custom gown. I am beyond impressed with her capabilities and desire to make it as perfect as I wanted it to be.

This store also has an extensive Berta selection, so for brides looking for that designer L'Fay is perfect.

If you are looking for an intimate moderate to high priced boutique with personable and friendly staff L'Fay is the place for you!

Sent on 08/23/2015

Lori · Married on 06/14/2015

I cannot say enough good things about L'Fay. I just had the most wonderful, personalized experience. Patti in particular is just amazing. My dress was absolutely stunning. Aditionally, the seamstress was amazing. I lost a lot of weight through the months leading up to my date, so we had some work to do. Everything came perfectly. From the moment we stepped into L'Fay we were treated like gold. Patti helped me with my dress, veil, sash and hair accessories. Everything went beautifully together. Also, she was so accomodating and warm from start to finish. These past 6 months working with her have just been incredible, so accomodating and helpful. My mother and I were actually sad the last day picking up the dress because it would be our last appointment with Patti! Just an A+++ experience all around.

Sent on 07/17/2015

I worked with Patti at L'fay in Chatham to choose my wedding dress. I had an amazing experience from start to finish & could not be happier with the final product!! Purchasing my dress from L'fay was one of the best decisions I made & the dress totally stole the show!! I've had so many compliments about it!!

Thank you!!

Sent on 06/10/2015

Denice · Married on 08/16/2014

My daughter chose to come in from California to go wedding dress shopping. This was her first day shopping and we went to one other bridal shop before coming to L'Fay. I cannot list ALL the praises we have for Laura, who assisted us. They had a wonderful selection of inventory to chose from at all different price points. We told her our budget and she showed my daughter a variety of styles to choose from. Laura took the time to talk to her about the venue, type of wedding she envisioned, about her fiance as well. After getting a good feel for the wedding my daughter was planning, she actually pulled a dress for her to try on having a great understanding of her body type & the look she was trying to achieve. We went no further...that was the perfect dress & we bought it that same day. The experience my daughter had was wonderful, and that is all a reflection on not only the exceptional customer service Laura provided but also the person she is to care about understanding "who" her bride is and "what" the bride hopes her wedding day will be. Thank you Laura, because you have made not only the bride happy but the mom of the bride as well. This is the first and only bridal shop you need to go to to find your perfect dress to make your wedding day perfect!

Sent on 10/28/2013

Ask for Laura, she makes the experience a pleasure.

Gloria the seamstress is a joy to work with.

Sent on 05/22/2014

Erin · Married on 04/19/2014

My maid of honor and I have spent the last two weeks making appointments for me to try on wedding dresses. We ended up at L'Fay and both agreed that we LOVED the shop! Laura was awesome to work with. She was down to earth and really knew her inventory.. She was open to making changes on the dresses to suit my body type as well as make the dress "my own" by adding details to the dress. Some shops were really opposed to that and felt that the designer wouldn't appreciate the changes. This store focused more on the bride, and less on the designer's vision. The dresses were reasonably priced and Laura did not show me anything out of my price range, unlike almost all of the other stores I visited. Laura agreed when dresses didn't compliment my figure and suggested beautiful dresses that would. I fell in love with a dress in the store once I was able to put my own personal touches into the dress and I couldn't be happier. My mother agreed that the dress was perfect and Laura was the girl to buy from. She was patient and genuine. Thanks again Laura!!

Sent on 07/15/2013

Nicole · Married on 04/04/2014

There are not enough adjectives to describe the beauty of my gown, the professionalism of Laura my consultant, and the detail of Nina the seamstress. I am the type of person that needs to know I tried on every dress in the tri-state area before actually making a decision. L'fay was the second store I visited and the one and only gown that made my mom cry. She knew it was the one from the beginning, but I guess I was a typical girl and of course wanted to keep playing dress-up during the best year of my life. Laura at l'fay is amazing. She knew I needed to figure things out for myself and was more than happy to accommodate me any way that she could. I went to nine stores in total for my wedding gown, constantly going back to l'fay to try the one particular gown on, the one that made my mom cry. Finally, while at another gown store, I realized the inevitable, the gown at L'fay was the one ! I immediately left the shop I was in, got in the car and called Laura at L'fay cheering that I knew her gown was the one. She told me to come by and see it again! She was more than flexible and accommodating. That entire year, Laura would call me with updates on my gown and would return my calls promptly as well. My gown was French lace and therefore made in France. Nina, l'fay's seamstress is efficient, a professional and on top of her game. A detail didn't get by her and she made sure I was fitted to a 'T' and that my dress looked as beautiful as it should. Every girl needs to find "her gown" and "the one" right for them personally. If you can find your gown at L'Fay, I promise it will be a beautiful engagement and prepping experience. Laura became a friend, someone I felt comfortable with and looked forward to chatting with. The store is a boutique, so you are the only bride in the store and the attention is on YOU!! It's a once in a lifetime experience and thanks to L'Fay, I felt like a princess the entire year leading up to my wedding. THANK YOU LAURA AND NINA!!!!

Sent on 07/14/2014