Lewis River Golf Course Reviews

24 | Woodland, WA

24 Reviews for Lewis River Golf Course

24 Lewis River Golf Course Reviews

Renee · Married on 10/13/2018

Our day was absolutely beautiful. Nelly coordinated everything and was very responsive.

We made the perfect choice for our day. It was beautiful and fit our budget. The space alone creates such an atmosphere. Guest loved the open bar and food. They said it was one of the best weddings they’ve attended. Nelly allowed us to add personal touches and make our day uniquely ours.

Brittany · Married on 11/11/2017

We worked with Nelly and she is incredible! She was informative all throughout planning and she was amazing the day of my wedding! She made sure we had what we needed and that everything was set up exactly how I wanted! She worked closely with my mom all day so that I could relax and not worry about everything! She even made mine and my husbands dinner plates for us so we could sit and relax.
    They catered our appetizers and dinner buffet and we still get complimented by how great the food was! It was exactly what we asked for, but better than we imagined! Absolutely amazing!
    The scenery here is also so incredible, if it's raining the inside is almost as amazing as outside, I fell in love with this place the second we arrived!

Lewis River Golf Course 1
    Lewis River Golf Course 2
    Lewis River Golf Course 3
    Lewis River Golf Course 4
    Lewis River Golf Course 5

We were planning our wedding from across the country, and were in the somewhat unusual position of needing to book a venue without being able to visit it first. Fortunately, we had good friends who had gotten married at Lewis River Golf Course a few years earlier, and they gave us the excellent advice to "Book it. Book it now." I'm so glad we did. Crystal, Nelly, and the rest of the team were great to work with, and were always willing to answer my questions about the venue, the food, timing, logistics, etc. This was particularly important since we'd never seen the venue in person! We weren't disappointed--the location is just amazing, both outside by the river and inside in their beautiful indoor reception space. Other people have said this as well, so it should really be believed--the food was delicious. I know more than a few people went back for seconds (possibly thirds!)

One thing that I really appreciated was how flexible they were about making weather-contingency plans. The day before our wedding the forecast was predicting thunderstorms all day; we both really wanted to try to make an outdoor ceremony work, and they let us wait until the morning of the wedding before making a final decision. Their flexibility around this made a big difference to me, and ultimately we were able to have a beautiful ceremony outside, just like we'd planned.

And, as an added bonus, my (now) husband was even able to spend the morning of our wedding playing golf with his groomsmen!

This place is really a hidden gem. Thanks so much for everything!

We both loved the event coordinator Crystal, she worked very hard to make sure we had everything we needed and took amazing care of us the day of the wedding and rehearsal! The event space was beautiful, and almost every single guest mentioned to us how incredible the food was, I was told several times it was the best reception food people had had in a while! We had a full dinner buffet and open bar with wine and beer.

Staci · Married on 10/03/2015

Crystal and her team were excellent! Throughout all the planning stages she was very helpful and extremely responsive. I really trusted her to make the wedding everything it should be.
    All of the guests LOVED the food, especially the Mac n' Cheese! The outside area was absolutely beautiful, we did a s'mores bar and everyone ended up hanging by the brick fire pit all night.
    I was very impressed and surprised that when we (bride and groom) entered the reception, they had already dished us out a plate so we didn't have to worry about leaving and getting in the buffet line. It was a nice extra service that really made them stand out.

Lewis River Golf Course was a gorgeous place to get married and our coordinator, Crystal, was always professional and supportive. There's nothing better than getting married on the river sparkling in the August sunlight. The food was delicious and the service was great. The only thing I would say was that it was hot to dance inside even though there was air conditioning going. And getting out there was a bit of a drive so some people left early because of it. As well, because of spotty cell coverage some people got lost getting there (even though we printed out directions for people).

Trina-Lynn · Married on 05/28/2014

Lewis River Golf Course is an amazing location! Our event coordinator in particular, Crystal, was beyond incredible! With only 6 weeks to plan the wedding, Crystal went above and beyond to work within our budget, within our time frame, and exceeded our expectations given the low, low cost. The food was so delicious, and there was plenty of it! The crew was professional and extremely courteous and attentive, and Crystal was there the entire night. She helped make my simple wedding become the wedding of my dreams, and did it the entire time with a beautiful smile on her face, and a perky attitude to follow. Lewis River Golf Course is one of the most beautiful sites I have seen, and I have seen plenty! You would be silly to go anywhere else. They are definitely on the lower end of the price range, but the experience is priceless. Thank you, Crystal, and the LRGC staff for making the happiest day of my life as amazing as you did. We are forever grateful!

Kendle · Married on 02/15/2014

The folks at the Lewis River Golf Course were absolutely fantastic! They worked with us and helped us out and made our day so special! Thank you so much for everything!

Vicki · Married on 11/02/2013

Everyone, especially Chrystal was great to work with. Our food was the best – our guest even commented on the fact that this was the best wedding food they had ever had. Lewis River Golf course is beautiful inside and out. Great place to have an event.

I couldn't of asked for a better venue! It was beautiful, crystal was an amazing on site coordinator. The food was delicious. I highly recommend this venue. It's very affordable as well.

Carrie · Married on 09/12/2013

My husband and I were married last night! The venue is spectacular. Whether you are looking for an outdoor wedding with a BEAUTIFUL view, or an indoor wedding that's spacious and lodgey, Lewis River Golf course is a fantastic choice. We had an outdoor wedding. It was roughly 80 degrees, but you wouldn't know it because you have a slight breeze coming through and the ceremony area is shaded perfectly. By the time we had our reception, the sun was setting so everyone was very comfortable on the patio as they had dinner. One of the best things that we found compared to other venues was not having to worry about finding a caterer. The Golf course has a restaurant that's located right next to the river. The food is delicious! Very comparable to a high class restaurant. We couldn't have been happier with the service we received on our wedding day. Crystal, the event coordinator was very efficient with getting back to us in a timely manner, and always trying to make us as comfortable as possible on our wedding day. The wedding a reception were PERFECT and went off without a single problem.

Carmen · Married on 08/05/2012

Wow, Lewis River was magical. We had an afternoon wedding next to the river and the reception inside the beautiful second-story clubhouse with a panoramic view - windows and deck surround the entire room. Not only was it beautiful, but the staff went above and beyond. They set everything up and took care of the details which left us free to enjoy the day. The food was exceptional, and Kari, the coordinator was very accommodating. It was my daughter’s dream wedding. Except for the August heat which was somewhat alleviated by the shade of the abundant trees we couldn’t have asked for more. Well done Lewis River Golf.

Julie · Married on 12/10/2011

After searching for the perfect wedding location, we knew we found it the second we drove upon this site. It was breathtaking inside and out. After meeting with Kari, we also knew we had the right person to help us with our planning. She was amazing and made this special day absolutely hassle free. She made it very easy to keep in contact with which made me, a stressed mother of the bride, feel more at ease. The wedding was stunning. The food was amazing and everyone has raved about the entire event. When the day was finished, they did all the clean up and had everything boxed and ready for us to pick up which made this place even more worth it. I can't rave enough about our experience. It was romantic, hassle free and a day for us to remember forever....Sincerely, Julie Fick

sadie · Married on 08/20/2011

Kari was amazing, so much help from beginning to the end! The location is perfect for weddings! Everyone is still talking about how beautiful the location was. I would and have recommended Lewis River Golf Course to friends!

Pierce · Married on 05/21/2011

This venue is nothing short of amazing.

First off, the scenery is beyond beautiful. Situated on Lewis River, it is surrounded by a seemingly endless amount of natural beauty.

Most people don't expect food at weddings to be any good, but the food here alone would instigate a positive review from me. It is excellent.

They offer the flexibility of outdoor and/or indoor ceremony and reception options. On top of this, guests have the luxury of being able to roam a considerable amount of space and not feel boxed in.

Last but not least, our coordinator, Kari, was a life saver. She was extremely helpful and responsive and went beyond what we asked of her. We would not have been able to pull everything off so well without her.

I'd recommend this venue to anyone who is considering getting married or having some kind of formal gathering. The prices are very reasonable.

Amanda · Married on 05/07/2011

My husband and I were looking for a venue with both an elegant and natural Northwest feel to it, and a friend suggested Lewis River Golf Course. After our first tour we knew it was for us. It is set right on the Lewis River and the both the indoor and outdoor ceremony areas are situated right next to the water- with amazing views! The pictures on their website are beautiful, but we were even more amazed when we saw it in person! The scenery and clubhouse itself, were exactly what we were looking for, and made for amazing pictures and overall atmosphere for our late spring evening wedding.

Being on a budget, we were also pleased to find such a gorgeous spot, so reasonably priced!

Kari, the event coordinator was always available to us via email and phone throughout the planning stages of our wedding, and was a great resource in suggesting decore ideas and vendors for the other wedding services we needed. She was extremely easy to work with, and very accomplished and professional in her role. She made our event run smoother than I ever thought possible.

We had a buffet dinner for our wedding reception, and our guests are still commenting on the excellence of the food! It was absolutely superb!!

We would highly recommend Lewis River Golf Course to any couple getting married in the Northwest, as it really is all you could ever hope for-- from the beautiful grounds and setting, to the highly efficient and helpful staff, to the excellent cuisine!!

Rachael · Married on 12/11/2010

Beautiful location. The staff was very helpful, and easy to work with!

Erica · Married on 06/27/2009

We couldn't have picked a better place. The coordinator was always available, easy to talk with, and very patient with my many phone calls and questions. THe setting was PERFECT it made for some amazing pictures. We were very pleased.

Cady · Married on 10/15/2016

Lewis River was a beautiful place to get married! We worked with Crystal and then Cassaundra, and they were both really accommodating. The food was delicious, and Cassie ran everything on the day of like a pro.

Stephanie · Married on 08/20/2010

Gorgeous place! Very expensive.

Cathryn · Married on 10/26/2013

4.2

We had a very positive experience working with Lewis River Golf Course for our wedding. The venue is beautiful and exactly what I had in mind. It was the perfect setting for a fall wedding. The staff was very friendly and they took care of everything for us which you really can't put a price tag on. They took all the work out of our hands so all we had to do was enjoy the day. The food was delicious! More importantly, our guests loved the place and said the food was fantastic and everyone had a blast. For all of this I expected to pay a lot more to be honest, but everything was very reasonable.

Kaitlen · Married on 08/11/2017

3.5

Lewis River was the perfect choice for my wedding. I wanted something that was outdoors, with unique scenery and distinctly pacific northwest feeling. I was able to get everything I wanted at Lewis River, for a fraction of some of the other venues we looked at. It really could not have made for a better atmosphere or better pictures, and the ceremony location right on the river is simply spectacular. We had our reception outside in August in the evening (untented) and it was perfect. There was plenty of space for my 60 person wedding to dance, eat, and enjoy the scenery.

The guests liked the food (catered on site) and the bar/bartender were great. The only thing that gave me any anxiety throughout the planning process was turnover with the wedding coordinators. From booking 1 year in advance to my wedding, I had 4 different coordinators. A week before my wedding I was told it would be the 3rd coordinator, but when I showed up the morning of my wedding, it was someone I had never heard of or met (and I was not notified in advance that this was going to happen). Luckily I hired a family friend to coordinate a couple of months in advance, and it was one of the best decisions I made. I would say the coordinator provided by the venue is more for logistical planning, rather than actual coordinating. Nelly, the main coordinator who could not be there the day of, was very helpful in the planning process. But I'm still glad I had someone I knew and trusted help me the day of so I had nothing to worry about.

I will also say that the getting ready room is adequate, but not great for hair and makeup. The lighting is really poor (fluorescent and dim) so keep that in mind if you are deciding where to get ready. That said, we were able to bring all our decorations the night before and leave them in the room which was a huge relief to not have to do that the morning of the wedding.

Overall, this is a great venue! I wouldn't have picked anywhere different.

• O

Olivia · Married on 10/01/2016

3.5

We have booked the Lewis River Golf Course for our October 2016 wedding, so we haven't gotten married quite yet. However, the planning process has gone quite well so far with the help of Crystal being able to answer all my questions in a timely manner. The venue is beautiful (really no need for a ton of decorations) and spacious! Can't wait to get married here. Thanks for all the help so far Crystal!