Levi Stolove Photography Reviews

Levi Stolove Photography 7
  • Cola

Cola · Married on 09/23/2018

Levi's Photos are Works of Art

Levi is absolutely amazing: his photos are truly pieces of art. Everyone who looks at our wedding photos is astounded by how wonderful and genuine they are. I'm constantly hearing things like "This doesn't look like a real-person wedding, it looks like a wedding fashion shoot!" or "Wow, he captured their personalities perfectly!" and "How does everyone look so incredible in this photo [of sweaty dancing at the end of the night]?!?!" Everything from the portraits to the candids - even the outtakes are exceptional!

Beyond the final product, Levi has been an absolute joy to work with. He is organized, personable, high energy, professional, and just a cool guy to be with! He loves photographing weddings and genuinely takes an interest in his clients and really wanted to get to know my husband and I. From the very beginning of our engagement shoot a year ago, we knew it was going to be a great relationship. At the wedding he even remembered our maid of honor, who had helped out with our engagement shoot (an unexpectedly freezing day but you would never know from the photos), and was excited to catch up with her.

He's an excellent photo director, we were always confident about what to do and he easily walked us through what he needed from us. His hilarious pop-up from behind the camera move made us laugh every single time, there isn't a frozen smile in any of our photos. He got along with everyone and picked up on how each of our family members needed to be managed, keeping everyone calm and happy - even when my father added a whole extra set of portraits at the last second: Levi took it in stride, kept everything on time, and kept everyone smiling. His candids of us and our guests are truly stunning. He really captured everyone's energy, and they all look so glamorous!

Levi Stolove Photography 8
    Levi Stolove Photography 13
    Levi Stolove Photography 14
    Levi Stolove Photography 15

Stefanie · Married on 08/11/2018

We hired Levi for both our engagement and wedding photos, and his work is absolutely amazing! We LOVE all the pictures he took! Neither my husband nor I like taking pictures, but Levi managed to make even the portrait shoots fun. Our guests raved about him as well. He managed to be completely unobtrusive throughout our wedding, while still capturing all the important moments and then some. Now we just need to come up with another event so that we can hire him again!:)

Sarah · Married on 07/29/2018

Levi was incredible. From his stunning evocative photographs right down to his positive calming helpful and creative energy! He worked with us to give us the pictures we wanted. His eye is worth every penny, you won’t be unhappy with your shots!

Rob · Married on 06/15/2018

Levi was the best wedding purchase decision we made. Our wedding was quite busy with a lot of moving parts and somehow, Levi managed to be everywhere without ever getting in the way. Our engagement and wedding photos exceed our expectations and we'd definitely recommend him for any event. Also, he has a great, fun personality which made for a great addition to our wedding party!

Kate · Married on 06/09/2018

The best! Levi’s photos are less "beauty shoot" and more "national geographic" - he captured the energy and emotions of our wedding day in a way that lets me relive it every time I flip through them. As soon as we met Levi, my now-husband and I agreed he'd fit perfectly into our circle of friends, or probably anyone's circle of friends. It seemed like he was everywhere at once (but never in an annoying way) and he was able to subtly take command in a crowd, to position us for a great picture without reducing the “realness” of the moment. His second shooter, Dan, was also excellent, focusing on both the details and the big picture, which made the photos even more exciting to see, since the day is all a blur for me now! I have no idea how we’ll pick which photos to print and display, they’re literally all gorgeous!

Jocelyn · Married on 05/26/2018

Levi is the best wedding photographer in the world. Period. You can tell by looking at his work that he captures light and life perfectly. He took photos of our intimate wedding and now we can relive the day through his lens. We have many different kinds of photos, ranging from traditional, intimate, and artsy. He is also so awesome to work with. He was very flexible with our plans and was very encouraging and fun throughout the day. All of our guests commented on how great he was. Between my husband and I we have been to 20+ weddings and no one can even be in the same category of greatness as Levi.

Patrick · Married on 05/26/2018

The ultimate professional with the best wedding photos. Levi was on point from the beginning of our small wedding. He put us at ease and helped us position for the first and possibly only photo shoot of our lives. He can handle groups well and is an expert at his craft. He was worth every penny, and we wouldn't think twice about hiring him again in the future.

Alison · Married on 03/10/2018

Levi is an amazing photographer!! But more than that- he is a creative and happy guy who is actually EXCITED to be photographing your wedding.

We live in Los Angeles, but got married on Long Island where I'm from. Levi was recommended to us by a friend of a friend (and fellow photographer). Needless to say planning a wedding from across the nation was a little nerve-wracking!

Upon meeting Levi, he felt like a close friend who knew us forever. He was a clear choice for us. He was extremely responsive to all of my crazy bride questions, and on the day of he not only kept us calm but on schedule! It seemed like everywhere we turned he was there snapping photos- and yet he wasn't in anybody's way. My whole family mentioned to us how dedicated Levi was, and how he seemed to really love what he was doing!

The pictures came to us very soon after the date and when I first saw them I cried. He really captured the joyous occasion and I can't wait to display his prints in our home.

I highly recommend Levi to any couple- he is such a special person who has a real talent!

Anne · Married on 10/14/2017

Levi was such an amazing photographer. We had our engagement photos with him and I was absolutely amazed that he could take photos of us surrounded by tourists and make it seem like we are the only people there. On the wedding day he was so positive and encouraging and had so much energy. He seemed to be everywhere at all times! His use of light and framing is particularly admirable. We really appreciate that he aims to capture natural moments between us and to capture as many of our guests as possible. Having Levi was one of the best decisions we made and I can't imagine anyone else there.

Elizabeth · Married on 08/27/2017

We originally decided to hire Levi for our wedding because his work was incredibly beautiful and intimate. In the end, not only did he perfectly capture the events from our wedding and our engagement shoot (during which he ran around with us for hours in the blazing heat -- and was ready to keep going even after my husband and I were exhausted), but he truly made the experience that much more magical. As soon as you meet Levi, you know that he is a wonderful, caring, and an extremely thoughtful person. This translates directly to his work. He was incredible at getting us and our family members to feel comfortable in front of the camera, and also had the best energy -- running around everywhere, dodging flailing people on the dancefloor, etc. In short, he is a superstar. Levi -- thank you so much for capturing all of the special details and moments from our wedding, and also for just being so lovely to work with. We wish we could do it all over again!

Eric · Married on 08/19/2017

Levi was very professional and was able to capture the feeling of our wedding the entire night. His portfolio speaks for itself. We did a few posed shots to help construct the story for the day of the wedding, but aside from that, Levi operated throughout the night to get candid shots so he could collect the emotion and all of our guests having fun. Looking through the pictures we got, we're able to be brought back to the moment and really relive the night. Thanks again!!

Marissa · Married on 08/06/2017

When Levi did the photography for my sister's wedding, I was so impressed with his professionalism and ability to make everyone feel so comfortable. Not to mention the pictures were amazingly beautiful! When I was planning my wedding, I immediately knew I wanted to ask Levi to do the photography. Now as the bride, I was blown away with his with work even more. And once again, the pictures were stunning. They were better than I could have even imagined. He is so easy to work with, responsive, accommodating, patient. He is so personable, warm, and feels like part of the family. He works hard to make the day perfect. I loved going through the pictures and seeing all the moments he captured. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone who needs a photographer. He is the best!!

Laboni · Married on 07/16/2017

Levi is great! Attentive to detail and attentive to you. Our wedding was captured beautifully and we're thrilled with the photos. I've heard many stories from guests of the efforts made to chase down children in action, strike some poses, and great candids. Levi was a warm and generous to our wedding, and then we got amazing photos. Highly highly recommend!

Kaitlin · Married on 07/01/2017

Levi is the undoubtedly the most talented photographer I have ever worked with. He captured our day seamlessly - I started crying when looking at our photos because they were just so special and he captured just the most amazing moments. I cannot recommend him enough. This will by far be the best decision you make for your wedding. The day goes by so fast and Levi did the most amazing job at capturing everything and telling a story that we can relive for years to come. Thank you Levi!

Jenna · Married on 06/24/2017

Working with Levi for our wedding from start to finish was a true pleasure. It is clear that Levi places an emphasis on really connecting with couples and helping them feel comfortable and listened to. He has a beautiful and romantic style, and finds a nice balance of capturing all the important moments of your wedding day without being overly intrusive (won't interrupt the moments you or your guests are sharing by asking you to say cheese!) We are so happy with the pictures we ended up with, including both the engagement shoot and all of our pictures from our wedding day, and Levi was also super patient and collaborative as we finalized our printed wedding album. Would absolutely recommend him!

Levi Stolove Photography 16
    Levi Stolove Photography 17
    Levi Stolove Photography 18
    Levi Stolove Photography 19

Hannah · Married on 06/18/2017

Levi is such an amazing person to work with. We had done a package with him including engagement photo as well as the wedding. From beginning to end, he is professional, hard working, and a great photographer. He listens to what the client wants, and delivers. I have absolutely no regret spending as much to have him as my photographer, because it has been worth it. His fashion sense is just a bonus as well! :)

geoff · Married on 05/27/2017

Working with Levi was an absolute pleasure! In addition to his skilled eye and beautiful photographs, he brought a truly enjoyable level of energy and fun to our engagement and wedding photos.

Levi was excellent at helping make sure we were as comfortable and happy as possible, which can be the most important thing when getting your wedding photos done under a short timeframe. Levi also went above and beyond throughout the reception, getting into the center of the dance floor and finding all the reclusive guests hiding at back tables.

We couldn't recommend Levi highly enough!

Jenna · Married on 11/05/2016

Finding the right photographer for our wedding was very important to us. We wanted someone who could both capture our personalities as well as those special candid moments. We spoke to a lot of different photographers, but when we met Levi in person, we knew there was something special about him and we had to have him for our wedding. Leading up the wedding, he was extremely helpful with planning where we would take pictures and how the day would play out. It was great to have him take charge on the day of the wedding and ensure everything went smoothly and according to schedule—it truly made the day feel seamless and his relaxed demeanor helped keep us stress free. Even our guests loved him. When we received our pictures, we were genuinely blown away. Not only was he able to capture unique moments, but all of the photos were absolutely stunning. As we went through the process of creating our album, Levi was very patient and guided us in creating the perfect compilation of pictures that we could look back on and enjoy the day all over again. To top it off, when we received the album, we noticed there was a flaw in the manufacturers work, and he was able to quickly secure us a new album free of charge. We would highly recommend Levi for any occasion.

Vanessa · Married on 11/03/2016

We first met Levi when he was the photographer for a friends wedding, he did such an amazing job there was no hesitation that if he was available he would be our photographer. He was thoughtful, helpful and such a support on our wedding day. We got ready at our brooklyn apartment and got married at city hall. He knows just what to say to help us relax for the photos and my husband and I had so much fun with Levi documenting this special day. We can't thank him enough for such an amazing experience.

Alex · Married on 10/15/2016

Levi Stolove was the perfect Photographer for us and will be for anyone who is heart centered and can put their trust in a very capable man with a creative vision. Levi is extremely warm, personable, and knowledgable about what makes a great image. During the wedding I didn't even notice him and his assistant running around getting the most perfect images of our day, they worked hard seamlessly in the background. I want to take this opportunity to say thank you Levi for really capturing the heart of our wedding. You are simply the best.
    -Alex

Sent on 12/29/2016

Levi Stolove Photography's reply:

Thank you Alex for such a sweet review, makes my heart feel good. And thank you for having me share in your day, it was a pleasure to spend the day with you two!

Levi shot our engagement photos, rehearsal dinner at the Smith EV, and black tie wedding for 100 people at Public in Nolita, NYC. I can't recommend Levi highly enough. Things I didn't know before the wedding that are important to know now. (1) You want to feel comfortable around your photographer so you can be yourself and trust him/her. You want to know that he will show you in your best light. Levi is just a great person. He is so friendly and nice, but not overbearing. He puts you at ease and then lets you go shine while he fades into the background to take amazing photos. (2) Not everyone likes being photographed and your family members may get fussy with the photographer. Levi handles these situations like a pro. (3) You want to enjoy the day and not know you photographer is there. When we got our shots back, I said to my husband, "I don't even remember levi being there to take that shot." Levi magically captures every emotional moment without being at all imposing. Levi lets the couple dictate the shots and who they want in them. He isn't constantly posing you. (4) You may not know your wedding photo style when you start, but the photographer's sample book lets you know what you like. Levi gave us the perfect combination of a very intimate, person-driven wedding book that told the story of the day without being cheesy or posed. (5) You will be blown away by Levi's eye and composition. His technical skill in framing every shot, bringing out light and color is mind blowing. (6) You will be so happy that Levi was on the same page as you and captured the moments that stick out in your mind from the events (e.g., a dad of the groom shedding a single tear during a speech, a dad telling a really boring story to your best friend at the rehearsal dinner, your two really drunk friends who made the dance floor a 100% success). Bonus pts for great portrait-quality candids of our guests and same-sex couple shots that could be in Vanity Fair. Great eye.

Brian · Married on 09/24/2016

Levi is absolutely incredible, both as a photographer and as a person you want to be around on your wedding day. We felt comfortable with him from our very first meeting. I can't stress comfort enough -- forced smiles never look good in pictures. But that was never a problem with Levi. In fact, he made some of the more stoic members of our family burst out laughing!

On the day of the wedding, he arrived early. He took charge and made sure pre-ceremony photos ran without a hitch. He gave us tips and kept us relaxed during our trip over to the ceremony. He kept us in the loop during the cocktail hour and reception and made sure to check in that we had all the photos we wanted before he left.

And of course, the pictures turned out fantastic -- better and more bountiful than I could have imagined, honestly. No fuss about getting them to us and no fuss about sharing them with friends and family.

We're so happy we found Levi and that he was available on our wedding date. Highly recommend. He's the best.

Daniel · Married on 09/23/2016

We had a great experience with Levi.

Levi was patient, responsive, and very helpful in the whole planning phase leading up to the big day. When that day finally arrived, we had planned to do a first look before our ceremony and reception. He was instrumental in making that a good experience, getting everyone on the same page and coordinated so we could see each other for the first time on that day.

After our first look we took pictures for roughly 2 hours. Throughout that time Levi brought a lot of energy and was very good at keeping us smiling and having fun, which resulted in some great pictures.

During the reception, I don't remember seeing much of Levi. However, after getting all the pictures back I realize it's because he was doing a such good job of getting pictures of almost everyone there. And even if I wasn't noticing him, he also got great pictures of us throughout the night, with our friends and family, and during all the special moments of the reception.

So, in a nutshell, I would highly recommend Levi.

Nicole · Married on 09/18/2016

We made a lot of choices while planning our wedding, but Levi was by far one of the best choices we made. He was personable, warm, and did an incredible job capturing the joy, energy, and excitement of our day. We look back now and are able to remember its beauty thanks to Levi’s artful documentation.

As a designer myself, I chose Levi as our photographer for his editorial eye. Even so, I was stunned by the results.

We can’t recommend him highly enough, thank you Levi!!

Kerry · Married on 09/10/2016

Levi is THE MAN!!! Although his portfolio of beautiful wedding photos speaks for itself, Levi has those intangible qualities that make him a total pro at what he does. That combined with his kindness, humor and passion for photography make him a pleasure to work with.

The day of our wedding, it was unexpectedly 90 degrees and posing for pictures in the crazy heat was tough and uncomfortable, but Levi kept things fun and somehow managed to capture photos they were beyond our expectations.

We were so thrilled when we got our photos back after the wedding. Levi managed to capture all of the raw emotion and joy of our wedding day, along with great candid shots of almost every person at the wedding. We are so grateful to Levi for doing such an incredible job and have no doubt that we will treasure our amazing wedding photos for the rest of our lives.