Letterpress by Lydia Reviews

51 Reviews for Letterpress by Lydia

• Maggie

Maggie · Married on 07/28/2018

A True Artist

If you are looking for something memorable, classy and stylish- hire Lydia. She created a custom brand for our entire wedding and everything flowed from the invitations to the thank you notes. She was never frustrated with me when I tried to articulate what was in my head, and she exceeded my expectations of what was possible. She hand etched the most beautiful laurel that become the motif for our wedding. We received so many complements on the quality and the design- she is truly an artist. I loved working with her, and plan to use her for future invitations and personalized stationary. She went above and beyond, and I'm eternally grateful.

Sent on 11/11/2018

Katelyn · Married on 09/02/2017

Do not look any further for any of your wedding or party stationary!! Lydia can do it all. She was such a delight to work with and so accommodating. She is also FAST and her work is absolutely stunning. She is beyond creative and talented. She was by far the most enjoyable person to work with during my whole wedding process. Cannot wait to throw another party to work with her again!

Sent on 08/30/2017

John · Married on 05/20/2017

This review is way overdue! Lydia was an absolute pleasure to deal with in the making of our wedding invitations. Being a novice graphic designer from Canada, we communicated via email and she made it super easy and simple to bring my vision and art to life. Silky smooth cotton cards, amazing gold foil combined with black letterpress, all my guests were amazed by the final product. Thank you Lydia for helping make our special day that much more special!

- John & Samantha

Sent on 06/04/2017

Letterpress by Lydia's reply:

Thanks very much, John! It was wonderful to work with you both, and to help bring your vision to life. I'm honored to have been entrusted with your designs and it was my pleasure to help make your day as special as possible! All the best,
    Lydia

Maria · Married on 11/19/2016

Lydia is truly the best and so creative. She can come up with everything I wanted. Everyone thought our invitations were gorgeous. I would recommend her to everyone :), she is probably one of the best vendors I had the pleasure of working with. I hope in the future I get to work with her for all and any of my paper needs!!

Sent on 12/11/2016

Kristin · Married on 11/05/2016

If I could give Lydia 6 stars I would! She took the time to meet with me in the city (a few times!) and had a thorough understanding of what we were looking for. The invitations were beautiful - a combination of foil and letterpress in dark Navy and Gold. She helped us customize a fancier monogram and even drew a Sperry tent illustration for the response cards. Working with her was so easy and she takes such care and pride in her work. My mother in law also created the rehearsal dinner invitations with Lydia. Everything was gorgeous!
    The best part is that Lydia worked within my budget. I didn't think getting custom invitations of this level would be possible within our budget but Lydia made it happen!

Sent on 04/06/2017

Letterpress by Lydia's reply:

Thank you very much, Kristin! I truly enjoyed working with you and bringing your vision to life. It was great fun creating your suite (and Rehearsal Dinner invitations). Thank you again for your kind words, it was my pleasure!

Jenny R · Married on 07/23/2016

Lydia is the BEST

Lydia is the best. Absolute best. She brought my crazy ideas for my wedding suite to life and sat at our families dining room table helping us lick vintage stamps and assemble. She's talented on top of being the kindest person. Since getting married, she has done everything from Thank You notes to Christmas cards for us. She is a gem and any bride would be lucky to work with her!

Sent on 01/07/2019

Amber · Married on 06/18/2016

Lydia is just amazing! She meets and shows you all your possibilities and listens when you give her feedback of what you like and don't! She answered every question and email any time of day or night! After the invites, I figured I would DYI programs and place cards after a week of frustration and only 3 weeks before the wedding I emailed Lydia and without hesitation she started! Within a few days they were printed and sent! She does excellent work and would recommend her to everybody!

Sent on 06/15/2016

Morgan · Married on 05/21/2016

I was very pleased with my Save the Date cards!!! I designed them and Lydia letterpressed them for me.The price is absolutely unbeatable. There were a few cards here and there where the design wasn't quite centered or the ink seemed a little faded, but that's just part of the risk you take with any letterpress. Besides, it kind of adds to the charm and authenticity of the letterpress. Lydia was FANTASTIC to work with. She was extremely helpful and responsive and kind in general! It's clear to see that she truly cares about you and your project. I am most definitely going through Letterpress by Lydia for the rest of my wedding invitation suite and I can't wait to see how the rest turns out!

Sent on 12/02/2015

Toni · Married on 10/17/2015

When I first started shopping for invitations, I found that many people now order theirs online. The very thought at all those options and not seeing them in person gave me anxiety! Lydia met with us and brought ton's of beautiful samples. She helped us create invitations that reflected our wedding and us as a couple. She worked to help us stay within the budget that we wanted. She was communicative and punctual. We got so many raving reviews about our beautiful invitations and escort cards. I couldn't be happier or more impressed with the final product!

Lydia, thank you so much! It was a pleasure working with you and we're going to recommend you to everyone!!

Sent on 11/02/2015

Melissa · Married on 10/10/2015

Lydia Evans did our wedding invitations, thank-you notes and our escort cards. The styles, colors and materials available were diverse and beautiful; Lydia walked me through every step of the way and helped me pick out the right style for us and our event. Lydia was very professional but was also personable and friendly; I felt I could really trust her to make quality decisions about my orders and I knew I would receive my orders promptly and correctly done.

While everything she did was beautiful and exactly to my liking, the real shining gem of the experience were the escort cards. Being in the science field, I had an idea to make a "Periodic Table of Guests"; a specialty piece that looked like the Periodic Table of Elements but had guest names instead of elements, coordinated to show which tables friends and family sat at. Lydia took my idea and ran with it, creating a fantastic piece that looked exactly like what I had in mind. I was a huge hit at the reception; the entry line actually backed up for a time while people stood in front of it taking photos!

Thank you to Lydia for making this process easy and fun; I couldn't have asked for a better experience!

Sent on 12/06/2015

Nicole · Married on 10/03/2015

Lydia is amazing! I am a graphic designer and designed my own invitations and Lydia was able to take my design and turn my view to life and they were beautiful! She had a custom letterpress made and pressed everything herself. She also used excellent strong textured paper for my invites that have a lovely backstory to themselves :) I have the bad habit of being a procrastinator at times and Lydia was able to help me out of my jam with a great turnaround time. Her prices are quite reasonable as well! She also printed all of my guests addresses on envelopes that matched my theme and color perfectly (a HUGE time saver!). She is an extremely talented and kind individual and I will definitely be using her services in the future!

Sent on 10/22/2015

Susan · event on 09/05/2015

Working with Lydia was a pleasure from the first meeting through receiving the beautiful and perfect invitations. She has a keen eye for detail, is extremely responsive, and has great ideas. I would highly recommend Lydia Evans and look forward to hiring her again for future projects.

Sent on 12/03/2015

When I first met Lydia for coffee I knew I had found a gem. She understood my vision and brought of additional ideas I wouldn't have thought of that really made the invitations turn out spectacularly. I had many compliments from friends and family and have already referred Lydia.

Sent on 02/18/2016

Lisa · Married on 06/20/2015

Lydia was great! I was not 100% what I wanted to do for our invitations so she sat down with me and went through all sorts of examples and asked questions about what my fiancé and I prefer. The as she started to send proofs of the designs she was very receptive to any changes I suggested and would always send a new proof to make sure I was happy with the results. Lydia was very organized and honest throughout the whole process. I would absolutely recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 04/18/2015

Megan · Married on 04/18/2015

We worked with Lydia to design our wedding invitations. She was very easy to work with and did a great job of creating a beautiful design based on the type of invitation we wanted. We have had so many people tell us how much they like the invitations and how great they look. We're very pleased with how they came out, and she was a joy to work with throughout the process. We will definitely recommend her to any of our friends who are looking to have invitations done and will not hesitate to contact her again for any additional printing projects.

Sent on 03/07/2015

Megan and Josh · Married on 04/18/2015

Lydia was perfect - she took the time to get to know us and crafted beautiful letterpress invitations that were exactly what we were hoping for. She was very friendly and professional throughout the process, and was very flexible with our timeline, even when we had a few last minute changes. The price was very reasonable for such a high quality product as well. I'm so glad we used her service and will recommend her to anyone and everyone!!

Sent on 06/18/2015
  • User4579862 · event on 03/14/2015

It was so much fun to work with Lydia to design our invitation, thank you notes and address stickers. She was able to look at the examples of styles I liked and listen to my descriptions of what I wanted to come up with a unique and playful design that is absolutely perfect. I was referred to her by someone else and even though I live 700 miles away from her, we were able to conduct all of our business over the phone and internet. Lydia is extremely affordable, professional, friendly, detailed and fun. I highly recommend her.

Sent on 12/01/2014

Val · event on 11/15/2014

Lydia's work is gorgeous! I'd give Lydia 10 stars if I could - highly recommend her!! She was our favorite event vendor. She designed invitations, thank you notes, stickers and a water bottle give away. Everything was fabulous! We got so many compliments on the designs. Lydia was a joy to work with from start to finish. Her prices are very fair and the quality of her work is outstanding.

Sent on 12/01/2014

Tynan · Married on 10/25/2014

Working with Lydia on our wedding day paper products was an easy, fantastic experience! She created our invitations, ceremony programs, table numbers, menu cards, and place cards, and they were all beautiful, unique, and professional looking - we received many compliments! Aside from the great end products, Lydia was easy to work with, very responsive, and so accommodating when it came to last minute changes and a quick turnaround. I felt so confident throughout the entire process. I would absolutely recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 11/21/2014

Christine · Married on 10/25/2014

Lydia created beautiful invitations for our wedding! She was wonderful to work with and was very accommodating! She listened to what we wanted and suggested her ideas and created an invitation that was even better than we had imagined! We were so happy with the invitations, so we asked her to also do our church programs and place cards and they were amazing as well! We received many compliments on all of her work and I would highly recommend Lydia for wedding invitations or other work!

Sent on 01/20/2015

Kate · Married on 10/11/2014

My husband and I knew as soon as we started planning our wedding that we wanted our save-the-dates and invitations to be unique. The calligrapher I was already working with recommended Letterpress by Lydia and the rest is history. Lydia is THE BEST! She really went above and beyond to make our vision come to life. She made the process smooth and easy from selecting the paper, envelopes, and liners, to choosing designs and fonts. She even made our place cards, menus, table number cards, and thank you notes. Lydia is so helpful and creative! We couldn't have been more pleased with the final results. We received so many compliments! We plan on working with her for just about all of our paper projects (holiday cards, gifts, announcements, etc.) going forward! Skip the box stores and don't bother shopping online -- shop local with Letterpress by Lydia, you won't regret it!

Sent on 11/15/2014

Bec · Married on 10/10/2014

Lydia is absolutely fantastic! From the first point of contact all the way through to sending the finished invites she has been incredibly professional, friendly and helpful. The invites themselves were flawless, they came out even more beautiful than I was expecting. Even my husband to be was impressed and he never gets excited about stationary! Lydia has been wonderful, putting up with my many, many design changes and the time differences, being in a completely different continent, I honestly can't fault her service or products!

I just can't recommend Lydia enough! :-)

Sent on 05/15/2014

lyndsay · Married on 09/27/2014

Lydia @ Letterpress by Lydia was a pleasure to work with for all of my wedding pieces! She is extremely, detailed, punctual, and friendly. Not only did Lydia create and print my invitations, but she also designed and printed several day of pieces for me (table #s, seating boards, welcome sign, programs, etc). Lydia will also be designing and printing my thank you cards. Some of my pieces were letterpressed and others were just printed, but she was very open about where to spend money on letterpress and where to save money.

I live in the city and only met with Lydia once, but the process went extremely smooth, to be honest, everything would have gone well even if I hadn't met with her face to face. She was also very accomodating to drive to the city to meet me and to drop off my day of pieces.

Lydia is great, she is the best kept secret for weddings in Chicago and based on the comp shopping I did she is one of the most affordable especially when you consider the time she puts into her pieces vs. telling you that you have limited rounds or hours per the quote given. I'll be using her for Christmas cards and any other needs I have in the future!

Thanks Lydia!

Best - Lyndsay

Sent on 10/02/2014
  • O

Bridget · Married on 09/06/2014

I cannot say enough about Letterpress by Lydia. Lydia is amazing - very professional, nice, easy to work with and awesome at what she does. My fiance and I just got our wedding invitations from her last week and they are everything we hoped for. She's great at listening and understanding what you want, and her prices are very reasonable. We met with a few different designers before Lydia, and her pricing and the quality of her product were above and beyond the best. I highly recommend Letterpress by Lydia!

Sent on 06/18/2014

Lydia was so easy to work with and she designed my dream wedding invitations. She even incorporated artwork that I created. Her prices are VERY reasonable for letterpress invitations. The best part is that all of her work is custom so you don't pick from a book of samples. I highly recommend her to anyone who wants beautiful letterpress invitations without paying Chicago prices. I look forward to working with her in the future for all my invitations needs!

Sent on 06/17/2014