Leidy and Josh Photography Reviews

25 | Comstock Park, MI

25 Reviews for Leidy and Josh Photography

Amanda · Getting married on 11/05/2022

So Amazing!

Leidy and Josh were so much fun! So easy going and professional! Such a fantastic experience! They had us smiling and laughing during the whole shoot!

Sent on 11/03/2018
  • Loren

Loren M. · Married on 10/10/2020

Truly Awesome!

Crazy times! Changed dates, changed numbers, changed venues…but the bride and groom did not change their minds. My daughter and her fiancé chose Leidy and Josh Photography for their photographers after much research. Mostly because the photographs they were able to see from reviews were beautiful as well as “different” (in a good way). They met us at “Starbucks”, purchased our favorite beverages, and went step by step through their vision. They anticipated things we wouldn’t have even thought of. We were fortunate they were available. Due to Covid we unexpectedly had to move the wedding from a large venue to our backyard. And change the date from October to September because of our weather worries. Needless to say, I was a nervous wreck. Enter again, Leidy and Josh. From the start they made a major part of the wedding: the capturing of the wedding day, each guest and the “love in the air”, stress free. They happily moved the date up and made us feel our yard was the perfect backdrop. They were everywhere and yet “nowhere to be seen”. They were intuitive and literally were able to help us relax and enjoy the blessings of the day. The happy couple asked for a few pictures early to use as a Thank You note. They were happy to oblige. What incredible pictures. I cannot wait to see the rest. Leidy and Josh Photography…. what a truly artistic, creative, professional “couple” of photographers. We will certainly use them again in the future. We highly recommend them.
    Loren Maloney

Sent on 10/16/2020
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth N. · Married on 11/30/2019

Unbelievable!!!

Leidy and Josh are unbelievably talented. We’ve only seen the “sneak peek” of about 35 photos thus far and they exceed all expectations. Their ability to draw out our personalities, their uncanny sense of perspective and lighting, and their skills of organization and teamwork are absolutely the best we’ve ever seen. We didn’t think there was any way we could have photos of each of the families after the ceremony, then travel to our house for more, and then to Sabino Canyon - all in 90 minutes. This allowed us to get to the reception on time, which was important to us. They were somehow able to get a huge family photo with 5 children under 5 years old all with their eyes open, no tears, and a smile on every face. They had scoped everything out ahead of time and knew exactly the best locations and positions to get the best photos. I poo-pooed the need to shoot the details (shoes, rings, invitation, etc.) but I’m so glad they did it anyway. Our entire weekend is now chronicled in a GORGEOUS manner. We had no idea we could look so good! The candid shots and the posed ones are equally fantastic. I can’t say enough about Leidy and Josh. They made us, camera shy people, extremely comfortable. Because they are also a couple, they are able to model the poses and behaviors they wanted us to exhibit. They captured our love and we’ll be forever grateful to them!

Sent on 12/04/2019

Leidy and Josh Photography's reply:

Beth! Thank you so much for your kind words! It was such an honor to serve you and John. We can't wait to see you both again soon! And we are so grateful you love your sneak peeks! There are so many more photos yet to come!

Taylor P. · Married on 11/16/2019

Spectacular

Leidy and Josh were an absolute dream to work with! They were so much fun and made the whole process seem like a breeze! We could not imagine having anyone else photograph our engagement and wedding pictures! They were more than just photographers, they offered help on finding vendors, offered opinions when we weren’t sure on certain aspects of our wedding and were always asking what else they could do for us. The photos are absolutely amazing and we get so many compliments on them. They are the true dream team and we are so lucky we were able to find them. If you’re looking for fun, outgoing, organized, and professional individuals, Leidy and Josh will not disappoint!

Sent on 12/16/2019

Kaylee · Married on 09/24/2019

We loved our photos from Leidy and Josh! They were very attentive to the details of our shoot to make our engagement photos beautiful and memorable.

Sent on 10/06/2018
  • Teall

Teall F. · Married on 09/07/2019

Photo Experts

Leidy and Josh were the best photographers my fiancé and I could ask for. They were excited and creative with our photos just like we were. They made us feel comfortable and we had a lot of fun. What I loved most about them was all the time and effort they put into making our photo shoot experience the best. You can tell that they really love what they do ! Our photos came out so beautiful that I shed some tears. They really captured the love we shared in photos. I can’t wait to find ways to take more photos with them. Please book them , you won’t regret it. :)

Sent on 10/21/2018

Leidy and Josh Photography's reply:

Teall thank you so much for your kind words!! We couldn’t ask for a better review than this!! We are so happy you love your pictures as much as we do! Your engagement session with Braydon will always have a special place in our hearts. You guys are amazing!! We cannot wait together again! From photo shoot to friendship. =)
  • Laura

Laura S. · Married on 08/31/2019

Wonderful Fall Engagement Pictures

Absolutely in love with my Engagement pictures! I didn't doubt for one second that I wouldn't. The level of professionalism and yet easy going atmosphere this husband and wife team set, makes you feel comfortable. They also had so many great ideas on location and poses. Which now looking back I'm greatful for. If it wasn't for them we've probably had the same pictures over and over. I would 100% recommend Leidy and Josh Photography. They're the best!

Sent on 11/04/2018

Cameron B. · Married on 08/31/2019

Engagement pictures

Leidy and Josh were accommodating and friendly from the beginning. The photo shoot was very professional yet fun and relaxed at the same time. I normally don't enjoy having pictures taken but they made it a pleasant and no- pressure experience. The pictures turned out amazing and we couldn't be more pleased. Highly recommended.

Sent on 11/04/2018

Kelsey · Married on 08/03/2019

Absolutely amazing!

I cannot speak highly enough of Leidy and Josh! They are an absolute joy to work with and were super flexible with our tight timeline. We highly recommend them!

Sent on 08/04/2019

Leidy and Josh Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Kelsey!! We had a wonderful time at your wedding with Brandon! it was so beautiful!!
  • Bethany

Bethany G. · Married on 07/27/2019

The Best of the Best!

Leidy & Josh photographed our engagement photos and our wedding. From the moment we met them we felt comfortable and knew they would be phenomenal to work with. They include so many little touches to make you feel special and valued as their customers. Would highly recommend for any type of photos!

Sent on 08/18/2019

Thu N. · Married on 06/22/2019

Great wedding day with two great photographers

Leidy and Josh went above and beyond on our wedding day. They were very dedicated and energetic from early morning until late evening. They were always there when we need them. Leidy was very detailed in every single picture, even in hundreds of pictures with our guests. We loved their professionalism and their passion with wedding photography. They're very fun, easy going, and pleasant to work with. I highly recommend them.

Sent on 07/18/2019
  • Y

Yunie P. · Married on 06/18/2019

Engagement Session

Leidy and Josh are truly amazing! Both were so kind and helpful throughout the entire session. Their skills and passion are clearly visible in their work. My fiancé and I are in love with our pictures. Highly reccomend! Thanks again you guys💕

Sent on 07/04/2019
  • Philip

Philip W. · Married on 06/09/2019

Magical Experience

Leidy Fournier and Joshua Fournier did the most awesomness most bodacious most,touching...endearing... romantic..spectactular photo shoot ever of us... You guys are amazing... I want you to know that.. I know your lives are crazy busy but you conjured up magic and swirled it up into a spell of charming spellbinding images forever enscrolled in time held like a fine delicate flower forever beautiful and entrancing.... Thank you guys!!

Sent on 06/26/2019

Janell · Married on 05/18/2019

Great experience

They are awesome for a large wedding party or if you have a big family. 2 people to be able to work together to organize, corral and capture is so beneficial. They are easy to work with and do incredible work

Sent on 10/23/2019

Kimberly B. · Married on 04/13/2019

Engagement and wedding pictures were wonderful!

I knew Josh from work and his wife, Leidy through him. I knew that it would be a great experience knowing each of them already. That aside, they had amazing professionalism. They came to do a job and they did it well! They are so personable with each and every picture. When the pictures felt weird and uncomfortable they would make us laugh and reassure the pictures would look amazing ( and they were right). Even when things got stressful, as weddings do, they kept their cool and went with the flow.
    I loved having them every step of the way. They made us feel comfortable and let us share our special moments together. I couldn’t ask for better photographers!

Sent on 04/23/2019

Leidy and Josh Photography's reply:

Kim, thank you so much for this wonderful review. This is why we do what we do! We are so happy that you loved your photos as much as we do. You and Ben deserve nothing but the best. Your families were so warm and inviting, we felt like we were a part of the family on your wedding day! We hope you and Ben had a fantastic and well-earned vacation in the Dominican Republic. Can't wait to see you both again soon!

Devon · Married on 03/04/2019

Wonderful!!

Leidy contacted me about doing a photo shoot and I was thrilled to have another reason to put my wedding dress back on! Her and her husband Josh make an awesome duo and they are so much fun! They have a beautiful light and airy photography style, so if anyone is wanting that for their weddings, engagements, etc.. they are the perfect ones to get ahold of! You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 04/01/2019

Sheila A. · Married on 12/13/2018

Totally recommend

I really liked my experience with getting my pictures taken by Leidy and Josh because they are very professional at what they do. The atmosphere is very warm and friendly/inviting when getting your pictures taken so it takes away some of the nervousness you might have. Not to mention, they’re really great and kind people that care about their clients. The pictures end up looking very beautifully well, so overall I would recommend them!

Sent on 11/02/2018

Missy K. · Married on 12/12/2018

Breathtaking

Leidy and Josh went above and beyond to get that perfect unique photo. Their fun personalities made our photos fun and relaxing never pressured or rushed. They both brought a professional, creative and very entertaining surroundings throughout the entire day. Their passion and talent shine through their stunning photos. These two will not disappoint! Can’t reccomend them enough!!

Sent on 12/20/2018

Lisa · Married on 12/08/2018

Amazing!!!!

Is you want amazing photos and two wonderful people at your side for your big day than look no further!

Sent on 12/20/2018

Sasha · Married on 08/11/2018

I can’t thank them enough for their thoughtful, and creative photography. The final product surpassed my expectations, and had high professional quality. Josh and Leidy are kind, caring, and talented. I recommend them...

Sent on 10/04/2018

Sarah · Married on 06/23/2018

Choosing a photographer is one of the most important decisions you will make for your wedding. While there is a lot that goes into planning the event, getting the best photographer, should be at the top of your list! It is an investment that you, your friends & family, will cherish for years to come.

Leidy & Josh at L&J Photography were a fantastic decision! Very kind, professional & meticulously detail orientated! From taking the perfect shot, to editing, their work is exceptional! And they were both so easy to work with, organized, full of great ideas and very interested & open to my Pinterest suggestions as well! They made my husband and I feel very comfortable in front of the camera (which if you're not a professional model, can be a little awkward & intimidating), we had FUN at our shoot and got the pics back very quickly! They are a great team and we are very happy to not only have met them, but to have worked with them for our wedding pics!

Sent on 09/17/2018

Allison · Married on 06/16/2018

Absolutely amazing couple!

Josh and Leidy were so amazing to work with! We did a beautiful photo shoot and the pictures we got back were absolutely amazing. I loved the fact that I was able to download an app with all my photos! So cool! I've never had a photographer offer that. Not to mention they were both so sweet and really helped to make sure the photos look natural.

Sent on 03/11/2019

Leidy and Josh Photography's reply:

Alli, thank you so much! It was so nice getting to know you and Aaron. We had so much fun photographing you guys. We can't wait to see you guys again! And we are so glad you enjoyed the custom mobile app! =)
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 10/21/2017

Most amazing experience!!

My husband and I were so lucky to have a session with Leidy and Josh while they were in town! They are both such a joy to be around, and they made us feel comfortable as soon as we met them! We tend to feel awkward about posing, but not with them! They not only guided us through how to pose, but they even showed us what to do! We had such a blast just being around them (and of course the photos are beyond AMAZING). I honestly cannot recommend them enough! I promise you will be elated if you work with Leidy and Josh!!

Sent on 06/14/2019

Leidy and Josh Photography's reply:

Amanda, thank you SO MUCH! It has been a JOY getting to know you and Jason, you guys are just the sweetest!
  • Maira

Maira · Married on 04/22/2017

Truly an amazing experience

Where do I start? professional, authentic, creative, quality work, but above all...a notable passion for photography and serving their customers. It has been such a great pleasure working with the two of you. We truly appreciate you! You guys are amazing. Thank you for capturing every detail of Aleny's Quinceañera ♥️

Sent on 06/02/2019
  • Branden

Branden S. · Married on 10/10/2020

2.6
      3.0
      1.0
      1.0

Canceled on us 5 days before our wedding because they had COVID, but they still shot another couple's ceremony.

After contracting with Leidy and Josh in July 2019, we were excited for our engagement shoot! Their contract seemed pretty standard, with the caveat that if for some reason they were unable due to emergency to shoot our wedding, they’d provide alternate shooters. I asked about this section right after we signed the contract and heard back from them that “we couldn’t pay them” not to shoot our wedding. We were told “when you sign with us, you get us”. We had our engagement shoot in October 2019, and everything seemed smooth.

Fast forward to early June 2020: we decided to reschedule our 10/10 wedding reception due to COVID and massively downsize our ceremony. Leidy and Josh agreed very kindly to shoot limited coverage for us during our small ceremony at a reduced rate and push the full day back to April, although we offered that they find another full price wedding if possible. They declined and assured us they would be there for us. Everything was easy and all set!

In September, less than 30 days out from the wedding, we received a call asking if we’d be open to having alternate shooters photograph our ceremony. Another couple wanted to move to our date and according to Leidy “were paying full price” and it was the “better business move for them”. We were honestly stunned, but tried to be understanding enough given the circumstances, we took a peek at the alternate shooter’s portfolio (which wasn’t sent until a few days after the unsettling phone call). Unfortunately, they weren’t a fit for what we were looking for, and we asked Leidy and Josh to honor their contract with us and shoot our date. After all, we’d had 10/10 locked in for over a year and it was our wedding day. After some back and forth, they agreed to honor the contract.

With just five days before the wedding, Leidy emailed us to let us know that both she and Josh contracted COVID. We were stunned, but totally understand that it can happen. They offered us those alternate shooters again, or a refund so we could find a replacement. After several hours making frantic phone calls and sending Instagram DMs, we started conversations with a new photographer that had a contract to us by the next morning. Leidy and Josh refunded our money and we wished them well as they recovered.

Our wedding went off great, and our photos from our new photographer turned out amazing! However, our family and friends were skeptical. What happened with that phone call in September, and then the last minute COVID diagnosis? We assured everyone that Leidy and Josh are upstanding people, they’re healthcare providers, and they’d never use COVID as an excuse not to shoot our wedding. We were on for April 2021, despite some uneasy feelings.

Later we found out via social media that Leidy and Josh shot another wedding on 10/10, about 90 minutes away from where we were married. The ceremony was small and outside, beginning just as our contracted coverage was set to end. The photos appeared on Leidy and Josh’s blog with a photo of the invitation with the time, location, year, and date (which they took the time to white out). They’ve since redated that blog to an earlier day than the wedding took place. A glance at the bride and groom’s social media confirmed it: Leidy and Josh canceled our coverage but shot someone else’s wedding on our contracted date. Whiting out the date, redating the blog, shooting at a time that backed up to our coverage – its clear they felt they had something to hide from us.

Luckily our incredible wedding coordinator offered to step in and mediate the situation for us. We received a full refund and have canceled our contract for April. Apparently in September when they said they’d honor our agreement, they decided to try to fit both weddings into one day. Leidy admitted to their team shooting another wedding, just a week after she tested positive for COVID. (Wait, now Josh doesn’t have it?) because it was outdoors and small. In her words, she’s “not proud of it” and “used long focus lenses” but the details are simple: either she knowingly shot a wedding while COVID positive and potentially exposed guests to this deadly virus, or she was never actually sick and had planned to cancel on us last minute for weeks.

Either way, it’s reprehensible. If they were truly sick, Leidy and Josh are healthcare providers in their day jobs and should know better than to ever break their quarantine and expose someone to COVID. If they canceled on us, they should have canceled on the other couple too. But not everything adds up. How could they have gotten from the end of our photoshoot which was scheduled to end at 4:00 pm in Grand Rapids to Sturgis, MI (90 minutes away) to shoot the other wedding at 4:30 pm? How could they have captured getting ready details, a first look, and the start of a ceremony?

We’re hurt, offended, and want to issue a warning to other brides and grooms: Leidy and Josh do beautiful work, and I’m sure they’ve been there for 99% of their couples. But I wouldn’t be willing to take the 1% chance that they will back out on you during the most important day of your life because someone else is “paying more”, which is what appears to have happened to us. A full refund and apology isn’t enough to justify the way this situation was handled – from the call in September, to the whited out date on the blog, to the “not proud of it” part about shooting an alternate wedding while COVID positive – we are very disappointed in Leidy and Josh as business professionals and as healthcare providers and would absolutely warn against anyone trusting the photographed memories from their wedding to their clearly untrustworthy hands.

Sent on 11/27/2020