Lee Speary Photo Reviews

Lee Speary Photo 7
  • Mary

Mary · Married on 06/15/2019

Awesome Photographic Duo

Lee and Michelle really helped make our wedding day on 6/15/2019 special with his sense of humor and zest for life! I saw his work from my husband's brother's wedding and said, "I really like their photos, I want their photographer." He was so much fun to have shoot us in NYC for our engagement photos, and in NJ for our wedding. He resides in upstate NY and was willing to travel for us, staying committed to our requested date.

Lee not only delivers beautiful photos, but effectively communicates via: phone, email, text message, you name it. Lee worked around our busy schedule and did our first look photo shoot in addition to the ceremony and venue photos. I highly recommend him for anyone who wants an upbeat, optimistic and flexible photographer who is always finding inspiration in his pictures!

Sent on 06/26/2019

Jessica · Married on 09/22/2018

Hardworking photographer shoots AMAZING photos

Lee was incredible, I honestly can't believe how many great shots he got as just one person! Very easy to work with, captured all the best moments of our day, and got great shots of our guests too! He even got in the mud to capture some perfect photos in the woods around our venue. And the sunset photos?! Seriously, hire Lee.

Sent on 12/13/2018
  • Krystina

Krystina · Married on 09/21/2018

Amazing experience!

Lee went above and beyond for us on our wedding day, in September of 2018. We chose to have 2 photographers, which I highly recommend. Lee spent the entire day with us girls getting ready while our other photographer spent the day with the guys. Lee made us feel so comfortable which made it easier to act like ourselves around him. Our pictures turned out perfect, I mean absolutely breathtaking. I literally could not have asked for a better experience. I highly recommend him!!!

Sent on 11/28/2018

Brittany · Married on 08/17/2018

Lee was our wedding photographer for our wedding at the Ithaca Farmer's Market. He came early to set up and get familiar with our venue and even had 2 cameras on him the entire night. He brought our vision to life and knew exactly where to put us and our wedding party to capture the perfect photos. He took portraits and planned our first look and then spent the rest of the night getting candids. He even took one of his shirts off so that I could sit on it without getting my dress dirty for our outdoor photos! He was very funny and kept us laughing then entire time and got around to every table to capture all of our guests. He took beautiful outdoor pictures and photographed the twinkling hanging lights at our venue perfectly. You cannot ask for a better photographer!

Sent on 08/21/2018

Stephanie · Married on 04/21/2018

Lee was absolutely amazing! He and his partner was so easy going and went above and beyond to capture the pictures that I had envisioned. Lee was even incredibly patient with my flower girl who was in love with the camera and kept begging for pictures. He added such a calming presence to a very hectic day, and all of our wedding party kept going on about how amazing he was to work with.

Sent on 05/11/2018

Kathryn · Married on 10/01/2017

The best thing about Lee is that he is willing to try anything for the perfect shot, including hanging off docks to make sure the angle is right. My husband and I knew the moment we first met Lee that he was the perfect photographer for us. His style matched exactly what I was looking for with his attention to detail and the composure of his photos and his personality was right in line with my husband and I. Everyone one in our family and bridal party said he was amazing to work with and made that long day of photos go by much easier. It was great that we were able to have an engagement shoot because it got us comfortable with him and him with us making the wedding day flow much smoother. He was willing to take on my crazy requests and travel around the finger lakes for different specific photos. We also choose to go with the photo booth and (even at the last minute) it was a great addition to capture those memories. Aside from his willingness to work with us completely he was also perfect for our price range. With photography being one of my highest priorities I wanted to make sure I had excellent photos without going out of budget. Lee made it happen for us. The whole team was great to work with and we would highly recommend them for your wedding or next event.

Sent on 10/21/2017
    Lee Speary Photo 14

Darian · Married on 07/07/2017

Lee was a phenomenal photographer. The pictures turned out amazing and he made sure to capture every special moment. He will do anything to get a great shot and his personality made it fun to stand in front of the camera to keep posing. I highly suggest Lee to anyone looking for a photographer for any event. I have recommended him to other weddings I was in and I have been more than pleased with him on multiple occasions. If you choose to use someone else you are simply not getting the best pictures you could, because Lee is the best!

Sent on 05/31/2018

Karen · Married on 07/02/2017

Lee and Michelle were beyond amazing! Lee is so much fun to be around, he made us laugh all day which really helped us all feel comfortable and at ease taking all of these photos. Our wedding party, family and guests loved him as well! He is extremely talented! We are so happy with the pictures he took at our wedding. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a fun-loving, easy going, photographer.

Sent on 08/07/2017

Kate · Married on 06/10/2017

Lee Speary is amazing! I knew from the minute I saw his work he was the one I wanted to photograph our wedding day. He beyond exceeded our expectations. Our photos turned out amazing and we couldn't be happier with this work. Lee and Michelle were so much fun to work with and made us feel very comfortable in front of the camera. It was so refreshing to work with someone who truly shows a passion for what he does and was always seeking to make each picture more creative and amazing then the last one. His eye for detail and out of the box thinking is what really made his work stand out to me and to see that come out in our wedding photos made me know I had picked the right person to capture our day. I would highly recommend him for your wedding photographer!! Everyone that had the pleasure to meet Lee at our wedding couldn't say enough nice things about him as well! We can't thank you enough Lee for giving us the most incredible photos to always remember our special day.

Sent on 08/01/2017

Samantha · Married on 05/27/2017

I highly recommend Lee to anyone looking for a fun photo loving genius! He and Michele took so many awesome photos of our goofy Disney inspired wedding. He loved how the girls looked and how original/different we were. I told him/warned him wait until he saw the satyr. He was confused to say the least. Our best man was dressed as Phil and Lee and Michele went ham taking our group and single shots. They have an amazing eye for beauty and an amazing sense of humor that kept us laughing and enjoying our wonderful day. I can tell you the smiles are genuine in our photos because a good amount of them we are probably laughing through.
    I can't thank Lee and Michele enough for being awesome and as nerdy and fun loving as us!

Sent on 05/29/2017

Anthony · Married on 05/06/2017

I absolutely recommend Lee, with the utmost confidence. I've seen his work on 2 separate occasions now, one of which being my own wedding and I could not be more impressed! I have a background in graphic design/marketing and can tell you his work is top-notch! He took more pictures than anyone could have asked for, dedicated the time necessary to research angles/lighting, had great composition to the photos and was never "intrusive" as some photographers can accidentally be when trying to get that "perfect shot".

Personally, I will be commissioning him for my company's photography business needs as well.

You can absolutely be confident in this photographer for your wedding!

Sent on 05/24/2017

Katrina · Married on 05/06/2017

I think I can speak on behalf of everyone that I know that has seen Lee's photos from our wedding that we would all highly recommend him for a wedding photographer!! Not only were we completely blown away by all of his photos, but so wasn't everyone else who saw them! Also he was a blast to have at the wedding! We met him at our friend's wedding where he was the photographer and fell in love with him then and there. He was a pleasure to work with from day 1 and was very flexible and accommodating! From the bottom of my heart I would like to thank Lee (again, and again) for giving us such beautiful photos for us and our family and friends to remember our amazing day for the rest of our lives! <3<3<3

Sent on 05/31/2017

Randy · Married on 05/06/2017

Lee Speary did an excellent job in capturing all elements of our daughter's wedding ceremony and reception. Despite the rather dreary, wet weather that afternoon he was able to shoot a very large number of perfect color and black and white portrait photos. Lee has a remarkable talent for interacting with each of the people he is photographing. His relaxed, friendly, and supportive manner produces photos that reflect all the joy and excitement that weddings create for their participants. The gallery of photos he produced was exceptional and was made available very quickly following the wedding.

Sent on 06/06/2017

Allison · Married on 10/15/2016

Lee was outstanding! Not only did our photos turn out gorgeous, he was a blast to have with us for the day. He's not your typical "wallflower" wedding photographer, he interacted with our guests and made them have more fun than they were already having. We had numerous people come up and tell us how impressed they were with the fact that he was personable, but that they could tell he was really there for us and doing whatever he could to get the best shot of what was going on at the time. I would recommend Lee every time to anyone who asks!

Sent on 05/21/2017

Brenda · Married on 06/25/2016

My daughter used Lee for her engagement and wedding photos he did a great job Lee was fun to work with I would recommend Lee to anyone that want to have great pictures done

Sent on 06/30/2016

Carly · Married on 05/14/2016

LOVED working with Lee. I was nervous it would be weird getting professional pictures taken but he made it very comfortable and the pictures came out amazing!

Sent on 06/01/2016
  • Johanna

Johanna · Married on 05/07/2016

Lee & Michelle are amazing. From my pre-wedding photo shoot through the wedding itself and beyond they are the absolute best. They were able to take candid shots that truly reflect the overall mood, tone and character. In reviewing the photos for my book, I've had trouble selecting which ones are my most favorite because there are just so many that are of amazing quality. So great and amazing. I should probably say again how amazing they are. Book them for your wedding. You definitely won't regret it.

Sent on 11/22/2016

Kristen · Married on 10/10/2015

I am beyond happy with the job that Lee Speary did on the photographs for my wedding. He was fun, energetic, open minded, and seemed to capture all the shots that I wanted. His quirky sense of humor left us all laughing while getting our hair done, and as a bride that was a great way to spend the morning, not stressing over the day. I didn't see him during the ceremony at all, so I know he was not in the way of the guests (I have seen that happen at a lot of weddings and I don't really care for it). He managed to capture photos that made me say "That is what I wanted to look like on my wedding day!" Some of the pictures he captured actually brought me to tears just looking at them. They are so full of emotion, and only someone passionate about their job can capture shots like that. Trust me when I say you will not be disappointed if you book Lee for your wedding photographs!

Sent on 02/23/2016

Stephanie · Married on 09/05/2015

Lee was everything I could have ever hoped for in a photographer and Michelle was such an unexpected bonus. Not only have I referred others to Lee but I've used him for all photography needs since the wedding. He makes the dull process of posing for pictures fun and entertaining. I have some amazing picures and even more amazing memories thanks to Lee and Michelle.

Sent on 05/16/2016

Julie · Married on 06/13/2015

I can say with certainty that I could not have hired a photography team more perfect for my needs than Lee Speary. Lee and Michelle were professional, responsive, enthusiastic, passionate and always made us feel at ease and comfortable for both our engagement and wedding photos. They were flexible and always receptive to our ideas as well as had plenty of their own! After our fantastic engagement pictures, I could not wait to see the ones from the wedding. It was well worth the (very reasonable) wait because they were amazing. I am so blessed to have worked with these two and I'm sad that it is over!

Sent on 08/09/2015

We hired Lee for our wedding this summer and decided to also go with him for an engagement shoot. He is very responsive and usually answered my emails within minutes or by the end of the day at the very latest. Lee even was able to recommend a beautiful place for the shoot. We had lots of fun and Lee made us feel really comfortable. I would say Lee provides excellent quality service and pictures. We love our pictures and are very excited to see Lee again at our wedding. Highly recommended...I give him 5 stars!

Sent on 10/30/2015

Lee Speary Photo's reply:

Thank you! Whoever you are! Haha. I have a few guesses. But I will protect your privacy and can't wait to shoot your wedding this summer!

Emily · Married on 12/06/2014

Lee & Michelle are an amazing team, both incredible photographers. They are so easy to work with, having their own ideas for the perfect shot, but will make sure to include all of your must have pics as well! They are especially wonderful in working with all of the family members and bridal parties, having endless patience with getting everyone set up, and also lightening any tension that comes with group shots. They are fun people and truly professional. We have amazing pictures of our day, and could not more highly recommend them!!!

Sent on 05/17/2015

Jennifer · Married on 10/18/2014

Hiring Lee to capture our special day was one of the best decisions I made for our entire wedding!

Lee was very accommodating to our schedule and needs (even when I didn't know what those needs were!!). From the day's preparation, the ceremony and all of its blunders, the reception, the karaoke, and the afterparty... He filled in the blanks with ease, where I was too consumed and stressed with the wedding planning process and the velocity of the day to think about "what shots" I would like to have. I gave him free reign and creative freedom to capture the day the way he felt would best represent it... with use of color, black and white, fun lens effects and camera angles, and whatever struck him as "necessary" to document the spectacular day.

Lee has an amazing artistic eye to see beauty in every little corner of an event.. in places where you may not have time (nor attention span!) during your busy day to see yourself. Lee and his assistant Michelle captured some of the most riveting images of our special day... the expressions on guests' faces, the silliness between friends, random laughter, reflection over our memory table, and our toddler son stealing the show the entire time!... things that my husband and I maybe would never had seen, because we were so caught up in the day and talking with guests. Looking back at these beautiful memories, I find myself saying "Wow...that really happened??", and I have Lee Speary Photography to thank for bringing me the memories I never even knew I had!!

Sent on 05/12/2015

Amanda · Married on 06/15/2014

Lee was amazing to work with. He is very flexible with making appointments. His creativity is off the wall. If you don't want a cookie cutter wedding photographer he's the way to go! We got all the shots we were looking for in our vintage/wine themed wedding and more. He is a joy to work with I hope you enjoy him as much as we did.

Sent on 09/06/2015