Leal Vineyards Reviews

Leal Vineyards 3
Leal Vineyards 4
Leal Vineyards 5

Melissa · Married on 02/18/2019

Nothing short of amazing!

We were married this weekend at Leal and I could not have been happier with the service. We also rented the three homes on the property. The homes were so convenient for everyone to get ready together and to hold the rehearsal dinner, and they're absolutely beautiful. Megan was my wedding coordinator and quickly responded to every last one of my emails. Megan and the rest of the Leal team bent over backwards to ensure we had the wedding of our dreams...and we did. If I had the chance, I would still choose them all over again.

Sent on 02/21/2019

Kiana · Married on 06/30/2017

Such a GORGEOUS and amazing wedding venue!!!! Leal Vineyards is a breathtaking spot for your wedding. My husband and I highly recommend renting the Estate Homes; it was so convenient to be staying on the property with family and friends, especially for our rehearsal dinner! Not only that, but the Leal staff constantly makes sure everything is running smoothly from the time you arrive to the morning after your wedding. The venue and staff will make this the best day of your life! Also, because Leal is so pretty, you can save money on your own decor since the venue is already gorgeous enough! We had our ceremony at the Lavanda site, and reception in the Barrel Room, which is the perfect room to keep your guests cool during the warmer months! Also, the "LOVE" sign photos are taken at their new gorgeous ceremony site!! There are SO many gorgeous spots for photos (Lavender field, olive trees, Barrel Room, love sign, vineyard, etc!)

Sent on 11/21/2017
    Leal Vineyards 6
    Leal Vineyards 7
    Leal Vineyards 8
    Leal Vineyards 9

Elishema · Married on 05/28/2017

We got married at Leal Vineyards on May 28, 2017, and everything was absolutely perfect! I literally cannot think of one negative thing to say. It's the most beautiful venue (I'm still getting compliments from my guests on what an amazing venue it was more than 2 months later). The staff was on top of every single detail and were so professional every step of the way. Throughout the entire planning process, Devon, the wedding coordinator, was expedient in answering any questions that we had. Owie, the GM, was always super accommodating to any requests we had and extremely nice. They were both wonderful on the day of the wedding, and we knew we didn't have a thing to worry about.

We had our ceremony and cocktail hour at Lavanda, and it's a stunning backdrop with the vines, pond, and the lavender just beginning to grow in. Then we had the reception in the Barrel Room, and it's even more beautiful in person than in photos. The food, dessert, and wine were amazing, and everyone told us that they thought everything was super tasty. The venue was really accommodating with dietary restrictions, and were able to provide a gluten-free, dairy-free meal for my sister, and a vegetarian meal for a friend, even when he had a buffet. The flowers and decorations all turned out so beautifully, and the planning was so convenient and easy. Olivia from Deluxe Design Decor did a killer job figuring out what we were looking for, and turning it into exactly what I'd hoped for.

We also rented the Tuscan House, and I highly recommend you do the same. The house itself is beautiful and spacious, and it was so nice to have it to get ready in on the day of the wedding and staying on the property after the wedding. Having the rehearsal dinner on the patio overlooking the vines, also catered by Leal, was lovely.

Sent on 08/05/2017

Shelbie · Married on 10/14/2016

I can not say enough amazing things about Leal. From the tour and taking the time to explain everything to us to the final day they made wedding planning fun and as stress free. Owie and the team are the nicest people to work with and know the ins and out of how to coordinate an amazing wedding. This place is drop dead gorgeous and everything they do looks amazing. They take care of everything from food, dessert, flowers, center pieces, dj to day of coordination. The price is amazing and you get so much more for your money with this venue than other venues in the area. I knew when booking this venue that I would have an amazing wedding but it was better than I could ever imagine and everything was perfect thanks to them!

Sent on 11/20/2016

Paige · Married on 09/16/2016

I got married at leal in September 2016 from beginning to end my entire wedding process was amazing! Devon and Owie made me, my fiancé and our parents feel like part of the family. They were so on top of everything, every single detail was handled for me. Every guest could not stop complimenting on what an amazing and beautiful wedding we had. We wish we could re-live our day over and over! Thank you Leal team for making my wedding dreams come true!

Sent on 07/31/2017

Such a beautiful venue for our June wedding- the lavender, the wine, the food, the views!!! Oh and the staff were on top of their game. We wish we could do it all over again!

Sent on 08/11/2016

Angela · Married on 10/11/2015

I am so grateful that my husband and I agreed to have our wedding her at Leal Vineyards. Owie and Kendra were beyond helpful and took care of every single detail that needed attention. Every wedding has that one small thing that can turn ugly but they didn't miss a beat. From the servers to the driver of the shuttle, we heard so many compliments from all of our guests and I think that's what made it so enjoyable. Not to mention that the food was AMAZING!!! We like to continue to visit for wine tastings because the staff isn't just staff.....they feel like family.

Sent on 07/19/2017

Vanessa · Married on 02/28/2015

Our wedding cake was made to feed 200 guests! For the price we received 2 large sheet cakes and a three tier pretty and decorated cake! We like simple and chic and Kim Brandon produced!! Happy!!!

Sent on 03/15/2015

I highly recommend Léal Vineyards for a gorgeous winery wedding. The entire event staff- including Owie and Kendra are amazing- extremely helpful, very timely with email, available to get together, and they do absolutely everything they can to make your wedding perfect.

Giselle with Léal and Deluxe, Design, Decor is absolutely amazing! She was our florist and day of coordinator. The flowers were incredible- exactly what I envisioned and she really understood my vision for the day and exceeded my hopes and dreams to create the perfect day!

Mario was an awesome DJ. We had a great meeting with him and he kept people dancing until the end of the night!

Chef Mark is incredible- very calm and helpful. The tasting was amazing and I am not kidding the buffet on the day of tasted exactly like the food specially prepared for the tasting. The short ribs are one of his specialties and I also highly highly recommend the duck confit and the potatoes au gratin! The Grove restaurant is near the venue and absolutely amazing http://lealvineyardsgrove.com/

The whole staff works so well and does everything they can to make your event incredible. Everyone is still raving about all aspects of the day. They truly go above and beyond. The value is unbeatable and the location is stunning. I truly felt I was in capable, calm, experienced, professional hands and it allowed me to plan my whole wedding in 5 months pretty stress free!

Sent on 11/14/2013

Awesome place to get married at beautiful place

Sent on 05/29/2015

Melissa · Married on 05/11/2013

I could not be happier with my wedding at Leal. Owie was the best wedding vendor I worked with by far, he was quick to answer my bazillion questions, he was kind, accommodating, and his staff was by my side and beck and call the day of. You have no idea how helpful it is to have their assistant, Sammi, running to grab food, drinks, and round up vendors for you!
    I worked with Giselle on the decor and she executed my vision perfectly, not one details went missed! We had her coordinate the day of and it went smooth and with no hiccups, yes, you read that correctly; NO ERRORS!! She helped me calm my nerves because it was clear she was on top of everything!
    We rented the houses they have available on the property which made the day so much more enjoyable. We had a guy house and a girl house and never had to leave the location. The rooms were beautiful and the house felt warm and cozy. They even have a hot tub that overlooks the waterfall and entire property!
    The wine and food were AMAZING. I could have sat and ate all night! We also opted for the smore bar which was delicious.
    Owie was a phenomenal event manager and the day could not have been more perfect!! He made me feel like I was his friend and special, not just another bride at their very busy venue. That feeling while planning a wedding is invaluable!
    Leal is amazing!

Sent on 06/05/2013

Melissa · Married on 05/11/2013

We were so happy with Leal Vineyards!

They brought every detail of our dream wedding to life, Owie, Giselle, and all the staff were so amazing!

The food was amazing, the wine as well as cocktail drinks were great, the venue is stunning, we could not have asked for more!

Thanks for helping make our day so amazing!!

Sent on 02/08/2015

Carrie · Married on 04/28/2012

Our son and his beautiful bride found Leal and we could not have been happier! Owie really was amazing and attentive to our daughter in laws requests! We loved the venue, the people, the location, the food was great, the barrel room was a stunning place for a great reception! Continue the great work Frank and team!!

Sent on 12/20/2014
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 10/01/2011

Leal Vineyards is a hidden gem in a small town! When my friend told me to look at this place in Hollister, I thought she was kidding. I would have never guessed such a beautiful location was out there! They had everything I wanted and hosted us for the whole weekend. They have 3 different locations where you can hold the ceremony. We chose to have it at the Lavanda in front of the lake. Then they had a tent where we had the reception. Also included in our package was the rehearsal dinner, which is rare to find! We had it at the Olive Grove and they did a Tuscan theme dinner, which was amazing!

They also had 2 houses on the property that we were able to rent out for the whole weekend. The whole wedding party stayed there and we want to go back! The houses are beautiful!!! We had a fire in the huge outdoor fire pit one night and they also have a great hot tub on the top of the waterfall! We also were able to host a brunch on the deck of the houses on Sunday after the wedding. It was a great weekend event!

Owie is great to work with and is so prompt on answering all your questions. He was willing to make changes to the menu for us and was flexible with our time. They aren't looking to nickel and dime you, like other wedding venues and they really do make sure everything goes as planned. The staff was great and everyone at the wedding had a blast.

I wish I could do it all over again just so I could have another great weekend at Leal Vineyards!

Not to forget though that the wine is really good too!

Sent on 10/31/2011

Elizabeth · Married on 09/24/2011

We worked with Owie who did an amazing job, he worked with our budget and schedules. He is definitely into his profession, and makes Leal Vineyards look very good. Leal Vineyards is such a gorgeous venue with beautiful scenery. It is exactly what we both dreamt of having for our wedding.

Sent on 12/05/2011
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 07/23/2011

Leal Vineyards was a pleasure to work with for our wedding. The venue is beautiful and the entire staff is friendly, helpful, and professional. LOVE LOVE LOVE! Highly reccomend this venue...

Sent on 08/09/2011

Melissa · Married on 06/07/2008

Would do it all over again here!

Sent on 09/11/2008

Amber · Married on 09/13/2013

Leal Vineyards were incredible! They were the easiest vendor to work with, they did EXACTLY what they said they would do and actually gave us so much extra going above and beyond the day of that our whole wedding day felt just like a fairytale!

To start, Yes they are very expensive, but for what you get its totally worth it.

I would highly suggest renting the guest houses, it will make your wedding experience so magical.

I would highly suggest using Giselle to decorate the venue for you. First, its cheaper that hiring someone not associated with Leal to do it for you. Second, she is wonderful and her job and will make everything look just like you imagined.

Owie is the best guy you will ever meet! He was there for us every step of the way, answering all of our questions, always patient and always very quick to respond to emails or phone calls.

Now on to the extra special amazingness that is Leal Vineyards. The night before the wedding we had the rehearsal dinner at the Guesthouses at Leal. Owie contacts me and says that the chef is worried about us not having enough food so he wants to make appetizer's for our guest complementary! I then get an email from Giselle saying that she would like to add some fresh flowers to my centerpieces for me complementary! We had planned to use some fake flowers that we had purchased from Michaels, but Giselle took care of everything and it looked absolutely beautiful and saved me so much time and stress the day of!

This doesn't even start to cover all of the ways that Leal helped make our wedding day all that we could dream, but I hope it will give you an idea. I was also approached by almost every guest who said that the food was wonderful (seriously their chicken is to die for) and that the venue was absolutely beautiful and the perfect setting for a wedding.

I can't thank Leal enough!

Sent on 11/14/2013

The venue is truly a hidden gem! The staff is very friendly, Owie, our on site coordinator was very generous, understanding, and accommodating. We truly enjoyed the venue, and our guests were in awe of it as well. It is intimate, beautiful, and truly has many elements from the barrel room, olive grove, to ceremony and tent reception are all options that you can take advantage of. We also used the 2 houses on the property for the weekend, and that truly helped house our bridal party and guests for the weekend and not have to make the commute back and forth. We truly enjoyed our experience and would highly recommend this venue to others!

Sent on 07/26/2012

We are working with Leal Vineyards for a wedding and everything has been so incredibly smooth. Everyone is kind, professional and responsive. The photos don't do justice to the property - it's gorgeous, the houses that you can rent for the weekend are immaculate and the wine is wonderful. Would definitely recommend this property for weddings, wine tasting and events!

Sent on 06/05/2015

Alison · Married on 07/07/2017

2.4
      2.5
      3.0
      3.0

Overall, we were not impressed with the way Leal handled everything leading up to the big day. It's a beautiful venue, if you don't mind disorganization, it might be perfect for you.

First, our names were misspelled on four items leading up to the big day. After we corrected them each time, adjustments were not made until the fourth time. This caused issues with the tasting and hotel reservation codes, and when we brought this up, they referred to the original contract where one of the three instances of our last name on the page was ambiguous - insinuating that our handwriting caused the confusion.

They don't give you a timeline as to when you will be contacted by vendors, or checkpoints or anything to that effect, but they will be sure to contact you regarding payment. I had multiple coordinators throughout this process, and it felt like every other email was from a new coordinator, saying that the previous one had left the company. I kept getting incorrect invoices which required us to correct them, and I had to consistently remind them that we had already sent checks in for various deposits and payments.

Leading up to the event, I made it very clear that my dad was deceased and that it was very important that he was not mentioned. Instead, the coordinator grabs my UNCLE from the seats and asks where I want my DAD to stand. I was very upset!

Before the ceremony, I informed the DJ that I did NOT want country music and the first thing I hear after our first dance was country music. When we did sunset photos, they did not announce we would be back to the venue, so the majority of our guests left at 8pm. A small announcement would have prevented us returning to less than 20 people (out of ~110) remaining at the venue.

There are some other things I cannot fit in this review. We spoke with the main coordinator about our review and we felt he marginalized our complaints and kept redirecting the conversation.

Sent on 07/28/2017

Caitlin · Married on 12/21/2017

1.6
      1.0

Terrible experience, ruined our wedding, unfriendly to disabled

This place single-handedly ruined our wedding. Prior to the big day, they were completely disorganized and I let them know how disappointed I was (they had almost not invited us to our tasting...). I told them I was very much considering walking away from the venue 2 months prior. We still had a portion of our invoice due and I was really just going to say keep everything we paid and we'll get married at city hall. I was serious as I didn't think they were able to come through and I didn't want it ruined by them.

Their head coordinator/boss, Owie promised me that it would be okay. He stated they had never ruined a wedding yet and not to worry. Day of, he was nowhere to be found. It seriously left me in tears on the day of my wedding. When I met with the COO after the big day, she blatantly lied to me and said he had something personal come up and made me feel like I was a terrible person for being so upset with him. I later found out she had suspended him in the days leading up to my wedding because they had a tiff. I was left with this horrid girl Ashely, who continuously ruined things.

A week before the wedding I had asked to help decorate my wedding. I had lots of decorations that were precious to me and would mean a lot to me to put out (like belongings of my long gone loved ones). Ashley asked if we could come before our rehearsal, I told her no but what I really needed was the hour after the rehearsal to be able to decorate with my family/friends. We agreed that my fiance would drop off a lot of the decor and they would put the stuff out and I would decorate the things that meant a lot to me after. She said that was fine. When it came to the day of the rehearsal, she told me I had 15 minutes... I essentially had no time to decorate at all. They also hadn't put out any decorations. There weren't even tables. She said she had to leave to go to an event at a venue in Morgan Hill and had to lock up. She didn't even apologize.

I called Owie in a panic and he said he would unlocked the door for when we were at our rehearsal dinner. However, when we got there (extremely late because HELLO our rehearsal dinner) the door was still locked. I called again and he took some time to come unlock it. By that time it was 10 PM and I was exhausted, had an hour drive home, and had stuff to do once I was home as well. I did the minimal amount I could before calling it a night. I just hoped that by the time we got there in the morning, there would be tables and I could get more stuff done. We showed up at 7 AM and the doors were still locked. The only saving grace of our wedding, Andrew, came and unlocked the doors and let us into the venue and the home (that they had given us access to as a bribe to get me to stop complaining prior to the wedding). They had made the wedding timeline and couldn't even be there....

I started decorating, but HELLO, I needed to get ready for the wedding. I had no time to decorate at all. And apparently neither did they, lots of stuff I had asked to be put out even after, never did. What a waste of $$.

I started getting ready late because of this too and I continued to give direction to my MOH and fiance on where to put things from the phone while getting ready. The entire time I was in tears. They couldn't get makeup to stay on my face. Which also pushed things further off track.

There were several other things that went wrong early on, like my bouquet and just 0 organization as well. At this point, I had a full-blown anxiety attack. I had to take lorazepam and my fiance came in to take care of me. My photographer had worked with the venue a lot and said this was the first time that he had come into the house with a bride weeping upset tears. I could not understand why their planners were doing this to us. They came up to the house a few times but just did nothing to help.

The lorazepam kicked in and because of that I look drugged in all our pictures. Not to mention that I do not remember our ceremony at all.

They tried to have us take "first look" photos still, but it just felt incredibly faked to me. Not to mention that it was rushed and the planners actively blocked my bridesmaids and myself from going back into the house after this. All our phones and bags were still in there.... We had to send someone during the reception to get them.

I have a portion of my foot missing, amputated years ago. I did not want to put my heels on until I was walking down the aisle because of this. With us not being able to go back inside the house, I didn't have a bag to put them in. I handed them to one of their coordinators to bring down. I never saw them again.

They planners did nothing to keep us on our timeline or keep things going besides driving us around in the golf cart. They were rude when they would tell us to do crucial things (like enter our reception), but then nowhere to be found at all the rest of the evening. Multiple times I had to leave my own reception to get them to help with things. We were supposed to have table greetings and many other things, but they never even helped to keep things going. I was unable to because I was extremely high (because I had to take medication from the stress induced anxiety attack). So things just didn't get done. I didn't get photos with my bridesmaids, with just my husband and I facing forward. No pictures with each table. I realize this is partially the photographers fault as well. But if things weren't crazy and I hadn't had an anxiety attack because of their lack of service, I would have been more on top of things.

Plenty of other things went terribly wrong, but I have a character limit.

After the wedding, we met with the COO. She disregarded us as complainers until I told her the planners did nothing. They tried to cover their asses and said I had told them to do nothing.... WHY?!?!

She tried to make all of this up to us by offering to have a redo of somethings and pictures taken... I was not about to fork over the $$$ for my makeup and hair to be done. Not to mention my bridesmaids! I also couldn't see myself going back to Leal's with the wounds still fresh too.

About 2 months after the wedding, Tiffany left me a message that they had found my shoes and they would be there for me if I wanted to pick them up.... I didn't want to go back for pictures or to see the place at all. Why would I want to go back just to get them and see all the people that ruined our wedding? I left her a message asking if they could be shipped, never heard from her after that.

She also offered to have a cake made for our 1st anniversary, as one of the things they messed up on was packing our tier to save. They didn't have a box.... Something that was settled months prior.... I recently emailed her to get it coordinated and never heard back from her.

Please do not give this place your business or the opportunity to ruin what should be your happiest day ever.

Sent on 02/11/2019
    Leal Vineyards 10

Lynn Hofer · Married on 10/22/2018

1.2

Very poor customer service

Literally the worst company I have ever dealt with. Customer service and timely responses get a score of negative 5. I’m sad to say that we have wasted nearly a month trying to secure this venue for a wedding. After a bit of back and forth about the details we were told that with manager approval we were all set to book and promised a response within 2-3 days. We were assured that most if not all of what we had discussed would be approved. After a full 7 days we called for status only to be told that not only did she not have our approval, but she had lost the details entirely. We patiently reiterated what was previously discussed and were again assured that we would get a response within 2-3 days. Again, we got no response and another false promise of a call back that again didn’t happen. After 3 weeks wasted trying to secure this venue, we finally sent our ‘coordinator’ Mel a message letting her know that we needed to know one way or another and didn’t appreciate her lack of response. To this she quickly replied “ can you talk today” and provided a time she could fit us into her schedule that did not work for us. When we attempted to reach her again at a time that we could do, she completely blew us off with a “Good luck in your marriage and finding a venue”. We then reached out to Tiffany whom we were told was the manager in charge of all bookings. We sent an email requesting to speak with her directly and a brief description of the poor service we had gotten. After no response in several days, we called and were told Tiffany was on vacation and when she would return. So again we waited until 3 days after we were told she would be back at work and after no response, tried to call her. After 2 more days trying to reach her, we finally were able to speak to her. We quickly explained the situation and the lack of response we had received and asked to review the venue details directly with her. During the brief conversation in which she was very short with us and borderline rude, Tiffany did provide details and some possibilities but stated that she had a meeting and would need to get back to us by 2pm today. At close of business today we received a message from Tiffany telling us to take our business elsewhere. While I can only imagine what the 1st coordinator Mel said to cover her own behind for her horrible customer service, that was no excuse for the supposed ‘manager’ and lead person Tiffany to be so rude and unprofessional as well. A business is only as good as the people running it. Mr. Leal, I recommend that you reconsider the staff you have coordinating the events at your beautiful facilities.

Sent on 10/22/2018