Layers Sensational Cakes Reviews

Layers Sensational Cakes 5
Layers Sensational Cakes 6
Layers Sensational Cakes 7

Michelle · Married on 09/15/2007

They were able to custom design an amazing cake.

Sent on 09/26/2007

Katie · Married on 08/25/2007

Our wedding cake was beautiful AND delicious! I found a picture of a cake that I loved and Layers was able to recreate (and make a few modifications that I requested) and their prices were really reasonable!

Sent on 04/12/2008

Michelle · Married on 07/08/2006

Everything about this place was great. They gave us three different flavors of cake with the design I wanted. They delivered on time. We had no problems with them.

Sent on 05/19/2008

Janet · Married on 07/02/2005

We have to say that we were very pleased with how the cake was displayed, the design and taste were extraordinarly fabulous. Everyone at the reception kept going on about how beautiful the cake was and that it was really yummy. We tried out several other bakeries in the area, but by far Layers is the best!

Sent on 02/13/2010

krithika · Married on 05/01/2005

We had been hearing too many good things abt this place so we decided to give it a try. The cake was excellent. The presentation, taste , everything. even tho we had a small wedding with around 100 ppl, we had 3 layers of cake with beautiful flowers decorated.

Sent on 09/04/2008

Sofia · Married on 09/21/2014

Beautiful work! Delicious cake! Exactly what we wanted and more! Stunning. Very professional and easy to work with.

Sent on 09/29/2014

Layers has a reputation in the area, and they have earned it. Their creativity, the designs, the taste- everything was just perfect. They took my exact vision and brought it to life! I really cannot rave enough about this wonderful business. Everything from the first day, to the consultation, all the way to the delicious last bite, my cake was FABULOUS! Thank you :)

Sent on 02/25/2014

Terri · Married on 08/28/2013

I was not able to meet Hazel at Layers, but with a few phone calls a a picture of the cake I sent her, she created the exact cake that we wanted. It was absolutely gorgeous. Thank you Hazel!

Sent on 10/29/2013
  • Kyle

Kyle · Married on 10/06/2012

Layers created our cake and other small desserts for our wedding at Holman Ranch. Our experience with Layers was fantastic from the tasting through to our wedding day. The cake was beautiful and everyone told me it tasted amazing! Several people went back for seconds and even thirds! Unfortunately I was too busy taking pictures to grab a piece of cake, but we have our top layer to look forward to on our 1st Anniversary!!

Sent on 01/15/2013
  • Matielena

Matielena · Married on 09/18/2010

Layers provided an absolute gem of a cake for our wedding. The product they produced matched my vision perfectly. Not to mention the cake was amazing to eat! We loved the mosaic chocolate tile design that went halfway up each layer & the red spray roses they had cascading down the side truly completed the cake. Each layer was a different delicious flavor & all our guests enjoyed it very much. We were very pleased with Layers service.

Sent on 10/12/2010

michael · Married on 11/21/2009

The cake we got here was a hit at our wedding. It was very delicious and the cake we stunning beautiful. We got many compliments saying how beautiful the cake was. Overall, my experience here was only pleasant.

Sent on 04/26/2010
  • Rosa

Rosa · Married on 10/15/2017

We received EXACTLY what we wanted for our Garden Patio wedding cake! We wanted something delightful yet not too elegant since we had a beach with slight bohemian style wedding. We sent the bakery a picture of what we wanted and they designed it exactly to what we wanted. Our top layer was Death by Chocolate and the bottom layer was Tiramisu. We didn't have a tasting because it was a destination wedding so we just went with our intuition but the cake turned out to be very moist and delicious. For the most part, the bakery was very responsive to our emails and phone calls when it came to order our cake but towards the end I believe there was some miscommunication and they delivered the cake to the reception without the decorations on the cake. We set it up so the flower decorations could arrive to the bakery the day before but they delivered the cake before the flowers even got there.

Sent on 11/15/2017
  • Crysta

Crysta · Married on 10/07/2017

Layers Sensational Cakes created our weddings cakes and they were absolutely delectable. We worked with Hilary and Hazel for our big day desserts and they walked us through each delicious step. The end result was a beautiful three tier gold banded lemon cake and a sheet carrot cake. Our guests clearly loved them both because there was not a slice in sight at the end of the night!

Sent on 01/19/2018
    Layers Sensational Cakes 8
    Layers Sensational Cakes 9
    Layers Sensational Cakes 10

Alejandra · Married on 01/09/2016

Our cake was beautiful, simple, and delicious. We were blown away by how good it was when we did our first tasting, especially since we had a particular flavor in mind -tres leches - which most places (in my opinion) don't do well. It was delivered on time and we had no issues at all. My only regret is that we didn't really get to enjoy our own food and cake during our wedding because we were so busy having fun and spending time with guests, so I guess it isn't really a regret at all :)

My husband and I are really looking forward to a future anniversary trip back up to Carmel so we can get a slice of the wedding cake we never got to eat!

Sent on 01/18/2016

Raquel · Married on 07/12/2015

Layers made my wedding cake, and it came out perfect! I gave them a design I had found on the internet and it couldn't of come out any more exact. The ladies are all very nice! Sometimes it takes a day or so to get a hold of them, which really isn't that bad. The cake was also really delicious! I had so many compliments on this cake. I highly recommend using them!

Sent on 07/27/2015
  • JulieV

Julie · Married on 10/05/2013

Delicious Delicious Delicious is what comes to mind first. Fresh, moist, and yum yum!! Hazel was the person we worked with, mostly via our wedding planner. She was very helpful when you could catch up with her - definitely knew her business and made great recommendations. She was also very accomodating. In addition to the first 6 tastings provided, a few months later she made available a 2nd tasting of one of the choices. In addition, she did an excellent job of incorporating our wedding theme on the cake. The people staffing the store front didn't seem to be clued in so much and couldn't answer any of our questions. So, we were very reliant on catching up with Hazel. Since we had planned well ahead of the date, this was not a problem for us.

Sent on 10/13/2013
  • sara

sara · Married on 05/04/2013

Love Layers! Amazing cakes, wonderful service, and great price. Made exactly what we wanted for our wedding, with the exact colors that we asked for. Thanks Layers!

Sent on 07/08/2013

Our wedding cake was so beautiful and delicious! We gave them a picture and some ideas and they created the cake as we dreamed it.

Sent on 08/25/2012

Sean · Married on 04/10/2010

The wedding cake we ordered from layers was amazing! It tasted great and was very beautiful as well. All of our guest loved it and there were so many compliments i received. Very professional would definitely recommend them.

Sent on 05/22/2010

Melissa · Married on 05/19/2009

did an amazing job recreating what i had in my mind with out a picture, which i know is hard to do!

Sent on 06/22/2009

Nichole · Married on 10/18/2008

I picked Layers because not only did they offer more cake options compared to others I went to in Monterey, but they were priced on the low side for the quality and taste I wanted. The cake tasted great, although I only got that "one" bite. However, the cake was not designed the way I informed them. They missed one piece of information that changed the whole look of the cake, but it was still beautiful. Other than recommending you go for this place, and at least a month in advance or they could be booked, definitely make sure they've got all the right information in mind the week of the wedding to ensure they do it your way.

Sent on 11/20/2008

Jennifer · Married on 10/27/2007

Layers was awesome with allowing me to do what I wanted. They worked around my needs!

Sent on 11/26/2007
  • I

ivana · Married on 01/01/2002

They have one of the best wedding cakes ever. Got layered cake with beautiful flowers decorated and yumm tasty too..

Sent on 09/05/2008

Dianne · Married on 10/08/2016

3.5

Our wedding cake was beautiful, very yummy and the girls we worked with were super nice, professional and easy to work with! I would highly recommend using Layers!

Sent on 10/12/2016

Lei · Married on 05/25/2014

Hazel did an amazing job for our wedding cake. I requested a unique Morocco inspired design (my husband is moroccan) and she delivered perfectly. The cake was paid by our friend as one of our wedding gifts so i'm not sure about the pricing. But I believe it's worth very penny.

Sent on 05/30/2014