Layers Sensational Cakes Reviews

Layers Sensational Cakes 4
Layers Sensational Cakes 5
Layers Sensational Cakes 6

Madeline · Married on 07/21/2018

Layers was wonderful to work with! They were able to accommodate three different flavors for our cake and beautifully replicated the unique design we found online. Delivery was on time and all staff were professional and communicative. I would highly recommend that anyone in the Monterey area use layers for their cake!

Diana · Married on 03/24/2018

We loved our wedding cake! The team at Layers Sensational Cakes was easy to work with and extremely responsive. Our cake (white cake with raspberry filling, French Buttercream frosting) not only looked beautiful, but it was the most delicious cake I have ever had.

Layers Sensational Cakes 7
  • Jessi

Jessi · Married on 12/21/2017

I knew when I decided I was having a wedding cake that it had to be from Layers because their cakes are just the best. Initially when I contacted them, they said they couldn’t do it the week before christmas because they were so busy, but Hilary talked to the chef and some kind of magic happened because they agreed to do it. I got my gorgeous spooned French butter cream Princess cake (with gorgeously arranged flowers) delivered to my venue the morning of my wedding and it was as delicious as ever! My husband and I ate the top tier for christmas! Thank you so much!

• Matt and Kaela

Matt and Kaela · Married on 09/18/2017

Oh my freaking god, I can’t say enough about this bakery! My wedding was in September, and we asked Layer’s for a two tiered cake for a small wedding. We did the lemon butter cake for the largest layer, and ended up saving the blueberry cream cake topper (we ordered more than we needed to, just because we wanted the look of a two tiered cake).

Both cakes were easily the best wedding cake I’ve eaten. I preferred the lemon but they were both incredible. The cake was not only delicious, but it was also beautiful.

Hazel and Hillary were so helpful and easy to work with! They answered a lot of my questions and were generally just great.

I definitely recommend Layers! They won’t disappoint.

Layers Sensational Cakes 8
    Layers Sensational Cakes 9

Carma · Married on 05/27/2017

We loved our wedding cake made by Layers! It was delicious and the design came out just as we hoped. Hilary and Hazel were professional and responsive and the cake arrived on time. We also ordered some additional treats from their bakery for our dessert table which were also beautiful and tasty. Highly recommend!

Alison · Married on 09/24/2016

Holy cow, the cake Hilary at Layers made for our wedding. It was SO INCREDIBLE. I mean, just amazing. My husband is a designer and made a 3 page design document to describe how we wanted the cake to work. They were very happy to work with this, offering very good advice on how to balance what we wanted for taste (buttercream was a must, fondant tastes awful no matter who makes it) in order to achieve the look and taste we were looking at. Hilary did a spectacular job. Not only did the cake look amazing, it was literally some of the best cake I have ever eaten in my entire life. And I assure you, none of the other cakes on the short list of My Best Cakes were wedding cakes, which in my anecdotal experience, usually tastes not that great. NOT this cake, it was FANTASTIC both inside and out. I've seen the negative reviews here but I have to say that this was not my experience at all. Communication was professional, prompt, and thorough. The result was fantastic looking, fantastically delicious, promptly delivered and very reasonably priced.

Breanne · Married on 09/10/2016

We absolutely loved our wedding cake from Layers!! The cake tasted delicious, and I love how they use high-quality ingredients. We had a custom (ocean-themed) design that turned out amazing! We had so many compliments on our cake, from the design to the taste! We worked with Hilary and she was awesome!

Natalie · Married on 06/28/2016

Delicious wedding cake, competitive pricing, and was made and looked exactly as I wanted. Highly recommend!

• User6192748 · 2+ years ago

The bakers at layers give you full options to fit ANY budget wether you want cupcakes or a two tier or maybe 5 tier cake they'll go over if your dream can be made a reality! I wouldn't have gone anywhere else for our big day. Many selections of flavors and fillings along with previous designs to look at and create your own!

Absolutely delicious and gorgeous wedding cake! They created exactly what I wanted and worked with my florist to incorporate flowers to the design. The tasting was a fabulous experience and the flavors are out of this world!

Wonderful service, and professional staff. The cake was delivered to the venue on time on a Sunday when the shop is closed. Well done!

Get your wedding cake here!! It's delicious, and the works of art that you get are worth every cent. My husband and I got a gorgeous 2-tier cake from them, and absolutely loved it. We not only got to choose flavors, but also colors and the ingredients for the decorations. I was not expecting to be able to customize our cake in such detail! And their cake designs are so fresh and original. I'd go with them again in a heartbeat.

Shelly · Married on 01/04/2015

Very easy to work with and delicious cake. Designed the cake exactly as we asked! Just beautiful!

We did a cupcake tier with a 6 inch cake on top for our wedding and it came out amazing! It was so delicious and looked exactly how I wanted it to! They were always very professional when I spoke to them and even the tasting room was very nice and elegant.

Crystle · Married on 11/01/2014

Our wedding cake was better then we imagined. It was delicious. Everything absolutely perfect. Everyone loved all the flavors. We a 3 tier cake. Top was fresh blueberries, the layer chocolate, and bottom was lemon. We will be returning customers.

Lisa · Married on 10/25/2014

Layers Sensational Cakes is awesome and we would highly recommend them! Our tasting was so fun and their cakes are delicious, we had no trouble picking them for our wedding cake and cupcakes. Their prices are reasonable and they didn't charge a delivery fee on Saturday! Amazing!

We did a mixture of wedding cake and cupcakes to give our guests some variety, and it worked out so well. We would definitely work with layers again!

• Future Mrs.JanicaJacques

Janica · Married on 10/11/2014

All I can say are rave reviews for our amazing wedding cake! It was so adorable & tasted seriously amazing! My very picky groom and my baker sister were even blown away by how great the cake was! And to throw in that it was a destination wedding it makes it that much more amazing because they were able to fulfill our needs even from a far!

Andrea · Married on 05/17/2014

Working with Layers was easy and yummy! They were helpful and professional, on time, and the cake was delicious. We received so many compliments on how good the cake was. We should have gotten a bigger one! It was perfect.

• O

Olga · Married on 05/17/2014

The cake was really easy to order, the staff was helpful and the cake was delicious. All our guests enjoyed it.

Christy · Married on 10/19/2013

We hired Hazel and Layers Sensational Cakes to prepare our wedding cakes and desserts for our wedding in Carmel. We had a few different sample tastings and everything was so good and fresh that we decided to not have a traditional tiered cake rather have 3 small cakes plus some babycakes and some brownie bites! They were all amazing! At one point during the wedding when I noticed the cakes had been put out on display I was so excited because each were nicely decorated to match the theme of the flavor of the cakes...Our sample cakes were not decorated and I was going to be fine with just a plain white cake as we had plans to add succulents to them. They were just as good as when we tried them previously and our guests ate just about all the cake...I found a few small slices the morning after our wedding in the fridge and without a doubt, had a couple bites for breakfast :) Highly recommend using Layers. They did a great job!!!

M · Married on 10/13/2013

We did not do a wedding cake but decided on cupcakes and they were fantastic!!! I can say that their cakes are very yummy as well.....check them out!!! We had white cupcakes with lemon cream cheese frosting......our favorite!!!

Michelle · Married on 10/12/2013

Hazel and her team were easy to work with, offered suggestions and pulled them all together to create the perfect cake for my wedding! The lemon cake was fantastic!

I grew up in Monterey and have had Layers Cakes nearly my whole life. I was never the type of woman to plan out her dream wedding, but I always knew I wanted a Layers cake for my wedding cake. I did the cake tasting with my mom, my MOH, and my go to gal and we had a blast! Everyone there was warm and the cakes were delicious. If there was a flavor I wanted to try they had it ready! I even was able to do a combination of cakes and fillings to see what was most fitting for the palettes of our guests. The design of the cake was one I had found in a magazine and the bakery was able to replicate it perfectly! The day of the wedding, all of our guests commented on how the cake was NOT DRY! My girlfriend was married a year ago and she said it had been the best wedding cake she had ever tasted. The flavors were deep and the cake was moist. There were three tiers and each tier was a different flavor. I recommend doing a lemon cake with raspberry filling... and uncommon choice since most people choose white cake, but it was the layer we had the most compliments on. It was my favorite as well!

Brittney · Married on 09/21/2013

Layers was our first choice for our wedding cake however we did not initially go to them as I thought it may be out my budget, boy was I wrong. After going to another (will not name) vendor in the area and feeling discouraged with how high their price was for a minimal cake we decided to go ahead and just see what our ideal vendor charges-we were so surprised to see that it was totally reasonable as we already knew they had phenomenal desserts/cakes. The tasting was just delightful, we were brought into a separate room which had all of their best flavors ready to be tasted. It was so hard to choose as they were all delicious but we ended up getting 3 different layers which would provide a nice variety to our guests. On the wedding day I was so excited to see my beautiful cake which was just what I wanted. It's sometimes difficult to get a cake that not only looks good but tastes good and Layers accomplished both. I am so happy we went with Layers and will recommend them to everyone I know getting married as they are the very best!

Liz · Married on 06/29/2013

AMAZING!!!!!!!! We had a lemon cake and a death by chocolate cake. Absolutely incredible. The cakes were light and complemented our food and wedding. Easy from the tasting to the event. Highly recommend them!

Nelli · Married on 05/26/2013

What a stunning and delicious cake! So helpful and they give you great suggestions. I just looked through their gallery, picked my favorite cake, and they personalized it with the colors of our wedding. We had an out of town wedding planned in 6 weeks ...Very easy and stress free :). And may I add DELICIOUS! Thank you :)