Lawton Lions Heritage Community Center Reviews

169 | Lawton, MI

169 Reviews for Lawton Lions Heritage Community Center

Jessica Fritz · Married on 07/10/2020

Beyond Amazing

Our wedding was an absolute dream come true thanks to The Lawton Community Center venue and staff. Ryan Caldwell is an amazing person who is so passionate about her job and cares so deeply for her clients. She went above and beyond to make sure our day was everything we wanted it to be and more. We would not have wanted to be booked with anyone else when Covid-19 decided to show up. Ryan, again, went above and beyond to do everything she could to make our day magical while still following the CDC guidelines. The LCC took the proper precautions to be sure all of the staff and guests were safe. Masks and hand sanitizer were available to guests and common areas were thoroughly cleaned throughout the evening. We are so thankful to Ryan and the rest of the LCC for making our dream wedding come true, despite the pandemic that tried to ruin everything. We couldn't recommend this venue enough.

Sent on 07/16/2020
  • Mia

Mia Mutch · Married on 02/09/2020

The perfect venue for my perfect wedding

Had the PERFECT wedding thanks to Lawton Community center. Beautiful venue, amazing staff and delicious food. Ryan was so easy to work with and went out of her way to allow me to enjoy my day. I would highly recommend Lawton community center for anyones wedding. Especially so I can go there again!

Sent on 10/15/2019

Lawton Lions Heritage Community Center's reply:

Thank you so much Mia for your sweet words! Blessings for your wonderful married life together! We were truly honored to be a part of your amazing day!

Sydney Ritsema · Married on 12/28/2019

Amazing!!!

Ryan and her team are amazing! Everyone is super helpful and our wedding was better than we could have ever dreamed!

Sent on 01/02/2020

Heather · Married on 10/11/2019

Wedding venue

We chose Lawton for our wedding venue and reception and it was phenomenal. Ryan and her crew go above and beyond to help make everything go so perfect. Our wedding day was absolute magic thanks to them.

Sent on 10/31/2019
  • Bryonna

Bryonna Maxam · Married on 09/15/2019

Beautiful. Magical. Perfect.

One word: BEAUTIFUL. From the venue, the decorations set up for me, the room I got ready in, and Ryan herself. Everything was stunning, perfect, organized, magical.

Sent on 10/30/2019

Kimberly · Married on 06/22/2019

Dream Wedding

We chose the Lawton Community Center for both the wedding and reception. I can only describe this venue as magical, romantic and enchanting. The old stone walls, warm wood tones and fireplaces create a warm and inviting space. It has both a masculine and feminine vibe that can take your decorating style in many directions. My daughter and son-in-law wanted an outdoor wedding, but recognized the stress of dealing with weather related issues. This venue gave us the opportunity to bring that "outdoor feel" inside with greenery and florals. The ceremony took place in front of the large door that was opened up to a wooded view and we filled the room with trees, bushes, other greenery and florals. It's been a few weeks since the wedding and we are still getting calls and messages from guests describing it as "the most beautiful wedding they've ever been too", plus the food was so delicious. As parents, that has us smiling from ear to ear knowing our guests felt the same way we did. When the wedding party first walked in the ceremony room we were in awe and the smell of peonies and garden roses from the florist, filled the room as if you were in a garden. EVERYONE talked of the beautiful stone walls and the"woodland" feel to the wedding. One guest even described it as if it was a "fairy tale wedding" it was so romantic, but yet had a masculine feel at the same time. There was no better compliment. We had the cocktail hour downstairs in the ceremony room and the reception was held upstairs. For the reception, there is a separate bar area with a beautiful oak bar, fireplace and additional seating. The walls have the same beautiful stone that was the perfect backdrop for the photo booth. Off the bar is a small deck for guests to sit outside. The food provided by Premier Catering was absolutely delicious and we received several compliments regarding how good it tasted. They have an excellent food selection for every budget. We choose the prime rib carving station. It's probably the best prime rib I've ever eaten. They were even willing to provide us with a nacho bar for a late night snack. A fully stocked nacho bar was a big hit with the guests too. While I can go on and on about the physical aspects of the venue, it's the personal service from Ryan and her staff that made this day so special. I'm a stickler to details and organization; they met and even exceeded my expectations. Ryan was ALWAYS available to answer my questions or concerns. Her suggestions were spot on. I don't know when the woman rests, she's like the energizer bunny, lol. On the day of the wedding and reception the wait staff was always around picking up dishes, glassware and refilling water pitchers etc. You never had to look far for someone to help with any of your needs. The staff was neat, courteous and smiling. They were even helpful with getting wedding gifts and cards upstairs. While the wedding venue is absolutely beautiful it was the personal service from the staff that made this day so wonderful. As a mother who worries about the smallest of details, I had a stressless and care free day because I knew my daughter's wedding was in capable hands. I truly was relaxed and danced the night away. The venue was perfect, the food was perfect and the staff was perfect. I don't say that in jest or lightly, it truly was a perfect and magical day. I will never forget the image of my daughter walking down the staircase greeted by her father, surrounded by the old stone walls, lush greenery, and florals. It really was a fairy tale wedding. I would absolutely recommend this venue to any bride.

Sent on 07/11/2019

Kayla · Married on 06/01/2019

Everything we could of dreamed of and more

Can’t say enough great things about the venue and everyone there to make the day the best!

Sent on 07/03/2019
  • Jody

Jody Barter · Married on 05/18/2019

Wonderful experience!

My daughter and new son-in-law got married at Lawton Community Center on May 18 and it couldn’t have been more perfect. Ryan is an amazing hostess; she’s very prompt in answering multiple e-mails and strives to accommodate your every need. Kudos to her assistants as well for their help. Many of our guests have never attended a wedding at the center and we received numerous compliments. The venue is quaint and welcoming; few decorations were required because the space is naturally beautiful. I can’t recommend LCC enough. They exceeded all of our expectations and we are thankful we chose this venue.

Sent on 05/27/2019

Nathan Klingel · Married on 05/11/2019

Nice venue and staff was easy to work with.

The venue looked great and Ryan was easy to work with. She was very responsive through email anytime we had questions. Dressing rooms were provided so we could get ready on-site. I would definitely recommend this place to others looking for a wedding and/or reception venue.

Sent on 05/24/2019
  • Lexi

Lexi · Married on 03/10/2019

Simply perfect

Words really can't describe how wonderful it was to have our wedding at the Lawton Community Center! Ryan is too amazing for words! She is superwoman, everything for our big day way taken care of and my husband and I didn't have to worry about anything at all! Ryan, her staff, her recommended vendors made our day go so smoothly our guests are still reaching out to tell us how amazing our wedding was! If you're looking for a wedding venue that will make your day perfectly yours, the Lawton Community Center is 100% YOUR wedding venue!

Sent on 03/20/2019

Val · Married on 10/27/2018

Wedding of her dreams!!

This place is beautiful and everything my daughter ever wanted for her wedding! The staff is excellent! I would recommend this place to everyone!! Thanks so much Ryan and Melissa and everyone else that made our day spectacular!!

Sent on 10/15/2019

Susan · Married on 10/19/2018

Absolutely perfect

i cannot say enough about my experience working with Ryan planning my wedding. She was very prompt when responding to emails and if I needed anything she was there for me. She made sure my day was as stress free as possible. I am still blown away with candle display she did for me and it ended up being one of my favorite things. People still rave about the food and how wonderful the whole day was. Ryan and her team were fabulous!

Sent on 11/27/2018
  • Rachel

Rachel Simonds · Married on 09/21/2018

Ryan was amazing to work with!

Ryan was amazing to work with. She helped make the decision making process and easy and precise and had the highest level of professionalism. The facility is gorgeous and so easy to use. Food was great. I have 3 daughters and I'd love to have all of them get married here!

Sent on 11/27/2018

Shannon · Married on 09/08/2018

This venue is hands down amazing. You don't need a wedding planner if you decide on this venue. They handle every detail for you and are so responsive to any and all questions. My wedding day was perfect in every way and they ran the show for me. I appreciate Ryan and her staff's attention to detail and making sure that my day was glorious. Thank you so much to you and your team Ryan. You are truly a dream to work with.

Sent on 09/11/2018
  • Tonie

Tonie Bans · Married on 08/18/2018

Absolutely Perfect

I am honestly not even sure where to begin with explaining how amazing the Lawton Community Center is.

My sister got married here in 2008 and I never expected that 10 years later, I would get married at the exact same venue to the man of my dreams.

The entire process, from booking the venue to cleaning up after the wedding the next day, went flawlessly. Ryan was amazing to work with & was so knowledgeable about everything wedding related. She promptly answered all of my emails and calls.

All of our guests raved about how beautiful & unique the venue was. Everything was picture perfect & truly helped to make my wedding dreams a reality.

We cannot thank Ryan & the rest of the staff at the Lawton Community Center enough!

Sent on 12/27/2018

Lawton Lions Heritage Community Center's reply:

There isn’t a better compliment that a venue or an individual can get then when a sibling or family memeber chooses to use you! For real your wedding will forever be one of my favorites! The decor, the family and most of all the couple! Such an honor! I am extremely greatful for your thoughtful review! Thank you!
  • Tricia

Tricia · Married on 07/21/2018

Our day was absolutely perfect. Ryan and her staff were absolutely amazing, professional, experienced, and fun. She took care of every little detail for the day of the wedding. I never had to worry that something wasn’t going as planned…the logistics always worked out and the event was totally and completely flawless. It rained during our ceremony, which made me SOO happy that we chose this beautiful, air conditioned indoor venue…and with the door open behind us, the rain was so beautiful. We had so much fun at the reception, the dance floor was big enough for everyone and the little details that Ryan puts into the decorating of the building really showed during all of our important moments. I would recommend this venue over and over again.

Sent on 08/15/2018

Ashley · Married on 05/11/2018

I cannot say enough great things about this venue, Ryan and her staff. They all did so much to help make our wedding day magical and it was nothing short of that. Simply amazing in every way! We will be forever grateful for everything!

Sent on 05/14/2018

Kiele · Married on 01/27/2018

We absolutely loved Ryan and her staff! They were wonderful to work with throughout the planning process and amazing on the day of the wedding. I would highly recommend the Lawton Community Center for any event. They are the best!!

Sent on 02/01/2018

Veronica · Married on 01/20/2018

We had our dream wedding here. Ryan handled any problem we brought to her (and probably some problems we never even had to know\worry about) with confidence and professionalism. She responds to all contact super fast and she has great relationships with a lot of awesome vendors in the area. We didn't have to do anything on our wedding day but show up and it was magnificent.

Sent on 01/22/2018

We had our daughter's wedding reception at the Lawton Community Center and it was amazing! The venue was beautiful, the food was delicious, and Ryan Caldwell was incredible! She was incredibly responsive and so helpful. All of our guests raved about the food and the venue. I would highly recommend the Lawton Community Center for your wedding and/or reception.

Sent on 11/16/2017

Lawton Lions Heritage Community Center's reply:

What a JOY your family was! The evening was so classy and elegant! We are so glad that everyone had an amazing time and that our Bride and Groom are living their Happily Ever After!
    Blessings! Ryan

Chante · Married on 10/14/2017

Lawton Community Center is the best place ever to get married!! So awesome in every way!! Ryan is the abdolute best! She knows what she is doing and is the best at it! I had no worrues on our big day cause Ryan handled everything!

Sent on 11/23/2017

Kimberly · Married on 08/19/2017

We are just starting with planning our wedding in August 2017. We looked at several places, yet we kept coming back to Ryan and The Lawton Community Center. Ryan really has it all together!! She is amazing!! She never said no, or you can't do that, and I'm pretty sure she knew every question we were going to ask before we ever asked! We are looking forward to working with Ryan and to having our day be the most wonderful day of our lives!!

Sent on 09/22/2016

Mary · Married on 08/12/2017

The staff was very professional and polite. They helped with the planning and giving suggestions for photography and Dj services. They made sure that our daughter and son in laws wedding went smoothly.

Sent on 09/02/2017

Kari · Married on 08/12/2017

Such a beautiful venue with a great staff that takes the stress out of the big day so you can enjoy every minute!

Sent on 09/02/2017

Cheryl · Married on 07/29/2017

Hi this is not Taylor. This is her Mother-in-law. But you sent this to my email.
    Your facility is AMAZING! You and your assistant are wonderful!!
    I do have a few issues with Premier, however.
    I am recommending you to every one! Thank-you for a beautiful wedding !!!

Sent on 08/31/2017