Lawn Club Fine Catering Reviews

Lawn Club Fine Catering 3
Lawn Club Fine Catering 4

Lindsay · Married on 12/08/2018

Gorgeous Venue - Amazing Service

We heard about the New Haven Lawn Club from a friend who had worked there previously. From the start, the service and responsiveness were unmatched. We didn't want a typical wedding factory - yes the Lawn Club does a lot of weddings - but they are by no means a wedding factory. They have their work down to a science and do one wedding per day which makes them incredibly flexible. We worked with Karen who was there for all of the planning, the rehearsal, and the day of the wedding. She is incredible to work with, very responsive, and gives great advice - we would highly recommend her! There staff there was also amazing! We have been to many weddings over the past few years and the staff at the Lawn Club was by far the best. The venue itself is stunning. We could not even keep track of how many people commented on how beautiful the building is. We had our wedding in December and the holiday decorations they have up take weeks to prepare and further add to the character of the building. The rooms are full with natural candle light and fireplaces which gives it such a warm feel. Lastly, the food is incredible! Not typical wedding venue food - but more like a high end restaurant. They were also extremely flexible with food allergies for some of our guests (one person was allergic to onions - which are in everything - and they didn't bat an eye).
    A wedding requires so much planning, so many details, so many moving parts - if you have your wedding at the Lawn Club you can be confident that you have a gorgeous venue with a professional/attentive staff.

Sent on 12/28/2018

Peggi · Married on 08/18/2018

This past weekend we celebrated our daughter's wedding in New Haven, culminating in a reception at The New Haven Lawn Club. We just do not know where to begin except to say our daughter and new son told us it was the Wedding of their dreams!! Christine Brush and Karen Wilson made it happen! From the moment we first visited their site to the day after when we returned to gather our belongings, they have been our go-to people! Professional, attentive, reactive to ALL our needs, experienced and always with wonderful attitudes!! We tasked them both with a very detailed plan and they met every item spot on!! The food, the Ballroom, the Cocktail Area, the Living Room - were all so impressive that our families and guests are still emailing, calling and texting us that it was the best wedding they have every attended. Comments such as, romantic, impressive, outstanding, delicious, over-the-top, well-run, fantastic and we could go on. Thank You, Christine and Karen for making our only daughter's wedding reception a dream come true for her and her new husband and for my husband and I as well! We wish you both continued success! The M Quatrano Family

Sent on 08/24/2018

Crystal · Married on 06/17/2018

Breathtaking venue

This venue is the most beautiful you can imagine. With that comes excellent food and amazing staff! Christine made every step of planning our wedding from out of state, a breeze! We highly recommend it here!

Sent on 12/28/2018

Charla · Married on 06/02/2018

When my husband and I were looking for a wedding venue we had a long list of must haves, and one of them had to be hardwood floors and lots of natural lighting. We saw about five different venues, and after our walk through with Christine we knew the hunt was over. We immediately fell in love with NHLC, it checked off everything on our list. The building has a lot of character, and the inside is very elegant. When we did the tour we saw cocktail hour room first and I thought that was the main room, and was blown away with how gorgeous the room was with all the hidden details. Then we were brought into the main reception area and I knew from that moment on our wedding was going to be here. It's just breathtaking.
    I can't say enough about Christine, I think I probably sent her over 100 emails during the duration of my wedding planning and she was always so sweet, accommodating and helpful. Never once did she seem bothered by my million questions. Even though the wedding itself at times was stressful planning, the NHLC never once stressed me out, they are so organized, and competent I always felt like everything was under control. Christine is truly amazing at her job, and she always made us feel so relaxed and offered help in any way she can.

My guests are still talking about the food, everyone has complimented that their meals were excellent and service was impeccable. All of our guests raved that they have never been to a wedding so beautiful, and it truly was. We had such a wonderful time, we enjoyed every minute of it. If I had to do the wedding planning all over again, I wouldn't change any detail, it was perfect!

C&R

Sent on 06/25/2018

Bianca · Married on 05/26/2018

We had our reception for our wedding at the Lawn Club in June 2018. Christine was absolutely wonderful and extremely accommodating from the beginning of wedding planning all the way to the very last minute of our reception. She even came to our hotel and delivered our left over cake that we forgot the night of the wedding. The New Haven Lawn Club is elegant and the food is delicious - our guests haven't stopped complimenting the venue and the food and its a month later. Truly a hidden gem in downtown New Haven. Would HIGHLY recommend - our wedding was perfect!

Sent on 09/27/2018

Hannah · Married on 04/21/2018

We were married at the Lawn Club in April 2018. I have only wonderfully positive feelings about this venue. From the beginning of planning to the wedding day, Christine was absolutely lovely and extremely accommodating and responsive in every way.
    The Lawn Club itself is elegant and gorgeous, the food was delicious, and so many of our family and friends remarked on how wonderful all of these things were after our wedding. They also recommended all fabulous vendors, and communicated with them before our day.
    My husband and I held our ceremony here and also got ready in their suites which was smooth and we would also highly recommend!
    Thank you to Christine and her team!

Sent on 07/03/2018

Micaela · Married on 12/30/2017

Everything about our wedding at the New Haven Lawn Club was truly exceptional. This is truly because of the top-notch professionalism and attention-to-detail that was provided by Christine Brush and her team. We had the most gorgeous, dream-come-true, winter wedding. The Christmas decorations at the Lawn Club were a fantasy. Everything about the day was perfect.

Sent on 01/21/2018
  • W

William & Michele · Married on 09/29/2017

I could not have asked more from a venue for our daughter's wedding. The Lawn Club was extraordinary! The venue itself is beautiful with understated elegance. The service could not be better. The food was sensational. Their event planner, Christine Brush is passionate and committed to make certain that your day is extra special and runs without a hitch. She made the whole process stress free and delightful. Christine made our daughter's wedding one of the best days of our lives. We are forever grateful to her.

Sent on 10/05/2017

Amanda · Married on 09/23/2017

We got married at the NHLC September 23, 2017 and the entire day was absolutely perfect. The NHLC is an exceptional wedding venue for SO many reasons. The venue is stunning; truly a hidden gem in New Haven with so much character and class. Separate cocktail hour room which has it's own unique charm and an over the top ballroom that will have you swooning (think vaulted ceilings, large chandeliers). This is nothing like your typical cookie cutter venue, but at the same time a space that allows you to make your own. On top of that, you get the phenomenal wedding coordinator Christine, who helps you along the way. She was always available to answer questions and help out through the wedding process. Most importantly, the couple weeks leading up aka the most stressful time, where you are finalizing details, dropping off all of your items, etc. she makes a breeze! The day of was perfect, everything ran smoothly and flawlessly and as bride, groom, family, and friends no one had to worry about a single thing or lift a finger. In addition to the gorgeous venue and amazing Christine, the food is REALLY good. Easily the best food I have ever had at a wedding and can be comparable to a five star restaurant, going hand in hand with the exceptional service. All of our guests were raving about the evening and so many people have told us it was the best wedding they have ever been to! Also, the initial contact with Christine to get pricing/package information, etc. is completely transparent which is refreshing when searching venues. Our wedding was our best day ever and a huge reason was bc we chose the NHLC for our reception.

Sent on 11/08/2017

Lauren · Married on 06/03/2017

We got married at the Lawn Club on June 3, 2017 and I’m still beaming from ear to ear just thinking back on that day. It was beyond anything I could have imagined, and the Lawn Club was a HUGE part of making that happen. Our guests are still commenting on our wedding - about how AMAZING the entire Lawn Club staff was! What’s more, our guests could not stop talking about the food, saying it was the best food they’ve ever had at a wedding. This is not your standard “wedding food.” This is a top-notch, gourmet spread. Go for the pepper-crusted tenderloin appetizer - we heard so many compliments about this one. And the mushroom ravioli pasta is to die for. We added a pasta course, and people who didn’t even like mushrooms loved this dish.

And Christine Brush. She was key in executing our day and I can’t say enough good things about her. We ran into a transportation issue when our contracted bus didn’t show up for the day. She helped us remain calm and at the end of the night, helped coordinate Ubers for anyone who needed to get back to the hotel. And on top of that, when we were back at the hotel for our ‘after party,’ Christine stopped by on her way home to drop off a few items that we had left at the Lawn Club. Christine went above and beyond that day and we are so happy to have worked with her and the entire staff.

If you want a breathtaking building in the New Haven area, with the best staff and food, definitely make a visit to the Lawn Club.

Sent on 07/01/2017
  • F

Faye · Married on 05/27/2017

Everyone at the New Haven Lawn Club was wonderful. Christine was so helpful and pleasant to work with throughout the whole planning process. She was extremely organized and was available to answer questions from the minute we signed our contract. Christine was on site the day of our wedding to ensure everything went smoothly. Her attention to detail and compassionate nature was extremely appreciated and helped alleviate my stress. The Lawn Club is such a beautiful and elegant venue (with amazing food too!). We received many compliments from our guests regarding the staff, food and venue. I cannot say enough wonderful things about this venue. I only hope someone else I know chooses this venue so I can attend a wedding here again as a guest.

Sent on 08/10/2017

Mikael · Married on 05/19/2017

There’s a reason you see so many five star reviews for the New Haven Lawn Club – they really are that good.
    After checking almost every wedding venue Connecticut has to offer for our travel-themed extravaganza, this was our last best hope. To say it was the best singular decision we made during the entire wedding planning process is an exercise in understatement.
    What makes the NHLC special:
    - It’s not a wedding factory. Yours is the only wedding there that day, and the staff there is dedicated to making it as special as possible.
    - The wedding coordinator, Christine Brush, is simply fantastic. No detail is overlooked. Anything that goes wrong will be made right to the greatest extent possible. She has more than a decade of experience in weddings, and it shows in her calm, cool professionalism and her guidance in bringing your vision to reality.
    - They will make your wedding your own. If you have special requests, a theme, or something out of the ordinary (we got married with the seating arranged in a circle around us in the ballroom), they will do their best to make it happen. In fact, I think they quite enjoy it!
    - Speaking of the venue, it’s magnificent. If you’re not into brick backgrounds for pictures, Yale, and its stunning architecture, is minutes away. The ballroom is old-style beautiful, and with the right up-lighting, itransforms to match your color palette. Best of all – no 1980s carpets you see at most venues!
    - The food is to die for. Most people don’t remember the food they ate at a wedding. Trust me, most of them will remember the cuisine here.
    - They carefully maintain their preferred vendor list. The ones we chose were all top-notch and did a fantastic job (HK Photography, Correlation, Vantage Point Films, JCakes, Candi’s Floral Designs). My understanding is everyone on that list is fantastic.
    I could go on, but this is already getting long-winded. Best of luck on finding your venue and do yourself a favor – check NHLC out!

Sent on 06/20/2017

Jennifer · Married on 05/12/2017

We got married at the Lawn Club in May, 2017. From the first time I even saw photos of the venue, I knew it was where I wanted to get married, the 1920’s-espue look and décor are incredible and a perfect setting for a wedding. Every aspect of the Lawn Club was perfect. From the service to the food to the landscaping to the candles that are everywhere during the wedding; every detail made our wedding day everything we hoped for. I also can’t say enough about Christie who is the in-house coordinator. For the entire 1.5 years between picking the venue and our wedding day, she made the planning process so easy for me. She was responsive, professional, friendly and helped our rehearsal and wedding day run so smoothly. I can’t imagine having gone through this process without her. We were thrilled with all of the vendors she recommended as well. I can’t say enough great things about the Lawn Club and all of the staff there. We wouldn’t change a thing.

Sent on 06/04/2017

Katie · Married on 05/06/2017

The second I got engaged, I was looking at different wedding venues near the New Haven/Fairfield, CT area. The moment I clicked on the New Haven Lawn Club website, I knew right away I wanted to hold my wedding reception there. I quickly called up the Club and spoke with Christine with Fine Club Fine Catering and rest is history. She was beyond helpful and understood exactly what I had envisioned for my wedding. When I went on my first walk through if the club, I fell in love with the building. The entre atmosphere and energetic of the building was so positive and wonderful. The club is filled with little pops of art and historical pieces that you cannot find anywhere else. The ballroom is breathtaking. The chandlers are absolutely stunning and adds so much elegance to the room. The food tasting event that was held at the club was outstanding. We tasted everything from the appetizers to the main entrees. It was so hard to choose because everything tasted was amazing! When it came create my wedding timeline, Christine was so helpful. She was able to provide the best venders, recommendations and helpful advice. She is a true professional and cares about each and every one of her clients. I would highly recommend having your wedding at the New Haven Lawn Club. My wedding was flawless, exciting and the best day of my life. Thank you Christine and team for making my wedding a dream come true!

Sent on 05/23/2017

Adrianna · Married on 03/25/2017

The New Haven Lawn Club was the absolute perfect location for wedding. Christine and her team were exceptional and exceeded our expectations every step of the day. They ensured that we were able to savor every minute of our day and helped to make it so incredibly special for us and our families. We could not have selected a more perfect venue.

Sent on 05/01/2017

Leah · Married on 12/04/2015

Christine, Erin and the rest of the team at the New Haven Lawn Club were absolutely amazing. They were helpful and attentive from day one and everything came out perfect on our special day. I couldn't imagine a more beautiful venue and an even more perfect team that put it all together. We would absolutely recommend them!!

Sent on 01/10/2016

Claire · Married on 10/31/2015

Choosing the NHLC for our venue was the BEST decision we made throughout the whole process. To say the experience was excellent is a vast understatement. The wedding director, Christine Brush, made sure everything was perfect and was with us every step of the way.

We were able to get ready on-site, which I highly recommend doing. We did both our ceremony and reception at the NHLC. During cocktails, the staff flipped the ballroom and the transformation was incredible.

Our wedding was perfect. The ballroom is gorgeous, the food is delicious, and the thought that went into each and ever detail was brought to perfection. The trusted vendors recommended by the NHLC were all top-notch. We wouldn't have changed a thing.

Sent on 11/02/2015

The Lawn Club is an absolutely AMAZING wedding venue, and the in-shop planning and coordinators Christine and Daniella are absolutely top notch.

From day one, Christine and Daniella were a pleasure to work with. They recommended vendors who were exceptional and great values (Bud Maltin, Sweet Maria's, and Fleur De Lys), which made things easy when planning remotely from Boston. They were prompt in responding to our emails and phone calls, and whenever we came down to New Haven greeted us with a smile and lots of personal attention. They were a joy to work with.

On the day of, Christine was on top of every detail and did a fantastic job. The venue is gorgeous, with a high-vaulted ballroom and NHLC provides lots of candlelight. It made for a magical and regal setting for a wedding. We did the ceremony in the ballroom as well, providing a sunlit venue that was still airconditioned in the July heat (a must for our grandparents). Christine and her team did an amazing job flipping the ballroom during cocktail hour! Christine also had an attendant follow us and our bridal party around to make sure we had a little extra attention and had a great time, which was a wonderful touch. At the end of the night, they packed our car for us and sent us on our way.

Finally, let's not forget the food. It was AMAZING -- I had several people tell us it was the best wedding food they had ever had. Forget overcooked chicken and dry fish -- everything at the Lawn Club was just right and, quite amazingly, exactly as it was at the tasting. The portions were generous, and overall it was a great value (we had the cheaper food option but swapped in some of the fancier hors d'oeuvres while getting rid of the sorbet as well as the crudités and cheese table to keep the cost the same, and they were very flexible in accommodating our requests).

I would HIGHLY recommend the NHLC. They do a great job and are a joy to work with.

Sent on 07/25/2015

Jennifer · Married on 07/03/2015

The NHLC was absolutely amazing. The venue was beautiful and the food was delicious. Everyone was a pleasure to work with, especially Christine who helped us throughout the entire process. Anyone who chooses this venue is in good hands. You truly felt like your day was special to them, which was refreshing.

Sent on 07/29/2015

Laura · Married on 06/26/2015

I couldn't have wished for a more beautiful or elegant venue for my wedding! The New Haven Lawn Club is stately and classic, with thoughtful details all around (curtains that raise for the bride's entrance, flower petals in the fireplace, and white candles everywhere). We used the Lawn Club's ballroom for the ceremony and the reception. Somehow, during cocktail hour, the Lawn Club staff broke down and transitioned the space so beautifully that I couldn't believe it was the same room (and neither could my guests!). The bridal party got ready on site which I would recommend to everyone - it made for such a stress free day!
    The wedding coordinator, Christine Brush, was an absolute lifesaver. She answered all of my questions leading up to the event and made sure that everything ran smoothly on the big day! Which meant I got to enjoy every single minute of my wedding with out any worries.

Sent on 08/02/2015

Samuel · Married on 06/13/2015

Look no further - The Lawn Club is the perfect location for a wedding. My husband and I were married there last June and were completely thrilled with every aspect of the club. The venue is impressive (the chandeliers in the Ball Room!), the food is delicious and the service can't be beat. Christine is the best coordinator you could dream of. She went with us to choose ceremony venues, went on multiple sight visits to prepare and was incredibly responsive to our every request. I cannot rave highly enough about the Lawn Club. If you choose it, you will be completely thrilled with your wedding day.

Sent on 07/09/2015

I can honestly say nothing but AMAZING things about New Haven Lawn Club. I was so impressed from my first walk through with Christine. She was incredibly natural at explaining all of the venue's offerings, open to all questions, and just easy to talk to that I was drawn to want to collaborate with her. Throughout a year of planning, Christine and Daniella really made the experience seem effortless. They check in to see what vendors I booked, offered to help find vendors when I struggled, and gave great suggestions that I was able to use. They immediately replied to emails and it honestly felt like talking to great friends. I called them the "wedding fairies" which they do not know! Both were so professional, knowledgeable and just a joy to have. I trusted everything with them. NHLC's wedding tasting was phenomenal and vast! It was unlike an experience. Every appetizer, salad, pasta, and main entree (8 total) are served! My husband and I were so full, but couldn't stop eating- it was so good! NHLC has one wedding a day and allows the bride (and groom) to get ready there all day. I was there with my bridesmaids from 8 am until going to the church at 3 pm. It made the day so much more exciting. Seeing everything setting up, flowers coming in, etc. As a bride, I truly loved this and was happy my bridesmaids got the first peek with me. The bridal suite is huge, making the morning so comfortable. We kept blowing the fuses while getting ready and the staff kept resetting the power for us with a smile. All the staff checked on us all morning, asking to help or bring anything. The night was flawless. My husband and I felt such at ease with everyone there. The staff was just as incredible from the bartenders, waiters, literally everyone. You can tell everyone that works here truly loves their job and has a passion for it. We can't thank you all enough! Our day was absolutely perfect and we owe it all to NHLC! We will recommend you to everyone we know getting married.

Sent on 07/07/2015

Jaime · Married on 05/02/2015

We could not have picked a more perfect venue! The Lawn Club is the most beautiful space and created the elegant, romantic atmosphere we wanted. Daniella and Christine, the wedding coordinators, are amazing. I had millions of questions which they responded to quickly. When I needed advice they were there with great ideas. Our wedding day was completely perfect because we picked NHLC. Our guests told us that day and since that it was "the best wedding ever!" I got ready at the venue with my bridesmaids and had nothing to worry about or coordinate. Everything was perfectly taken care of by Daniella and Christine and the fantastic Lawn Club staff. The ballroom was magical for both the ceremony and reception, the food was phenomenal from cocktail hour to the entrees through late night milk and cookies! We had a magical day and could not recommend Lawn Club enough. Amazing coordinators, fabulous waitstaff and bartenders, delicious food, gorgeous space, you couldn't ask for anything more!

Sent on 06/22/2015

Both wedding planners were great. Helped me to organize everything for my wedding and answered any of my questions. Coordinated well with all my vendors and did an exceptional job

Sent on 12/15/2015