Rocky Mountain Design House Reviews

Rocky Mountain Design House 5
  • Cara

Cara Mcdonald · Getting married on 03/04/2021

Fun, funky, flexible

Here's someone with amazing technical skills, design vision, and an opinion—ready to lend honest advice and make you look good. (Did I know I wanted to the dress to "give me a butt"? No. Did I like it? Of course!)

Sent on 05/14/2019

Marissa · Married on 05/17/2019

Bridesmaid Dress

I recently had a bridesmaid dress altered, and Abbey was fantastic to work with! She did a wonderful job with the alterations and was very easy to communicate with. The wedding was great, and so was the dress!!

Sent on 05/18/2019

Lori Bakke · Married on 04/18/2019

Amazing, helpful, and very relaxing!!

Abbey is a miracle worker!!!! I bought a sample dress that was worth the money but was way to big for me. But she saw my vision and made it happen. And then at the last minute when I need help with my vail she did not hesitate to help me out!!!!! It was also a relief to find someone that really knew what they were doing without having to drive to Denver every week!!!!

Rocky Mountain Design House 6
    Rocky Mountain Design House 7
    Rocky Mountain Design House 8
    Rocky Mountain Design House 9
    Sent on 05/10/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren Stokes (Wp) · Married on 03/30/2019

Abbey is the bomb.com!

Abbey’s thoughtfulness, skill, attention to detail, and sweet, supportive nature is just what every bride needs to feel joyful and beautiful on her wedding day! Abbey did a fantastic job customizing the neckline and low back on my gown, in addition to altering the hemline.

Rocky Mountain Design House 10
    Rocky Mountain Design House 11
    Rocky Mountain Design House 12
    Sent on 05/08/2019

leslie · Married on 10/12/2018

Vintage Whimsical Mountain Wedding

Over 9 months ago, we met with Abbey to discuss the vision for our wedding and we immidiately hit it off! From day one of planning, up until our wedding day everything was handled superb. Neil and I can't thank you and your team enough for making our dream wedding possible. If you're planning a wedding in Grand County, Blissful Productions is the way to go!! Thank you again!

Rocky Mountain Design House 13
    Sent on 10/21/2018

Elle · Married on 08/18/2018

Lavender Elephant did an amazing job altering my wedding dress. They reviewed each option with me throughly and allowed me time to make an educated decision. I'd highly recommend them, they are a great team!

Sent on 05/26/2017

Amanda · Married on 01/26/2018

Abbey is such a bright light. She welcomes everyone who walks in to her shop with open arms and an open heart! She was so accommodating with my tight schedule and ensured that my bridesmaids dress fit perfectly. She was genuinely interested in getting to know me and not just in completing the alterations. By the time she was done, we felt like old friends. GO SEE ABBEY!

Sent on 10/13/2016
  • Victoria

Victoria · Married on 12/29/2017

For a 55 + bride, I'm not sure I could have wished for a better partner in Abbey! We worked very closely together over 13 months from Denver and the mountains, on hours of conference calls, through mountains of emails, revisions, pictures, plans, and options and Abbey remained, calming, classy, professional and very accommodating. Especially with 5 adult kids and 1 precocious Australian Shepherd involved :-) Abbey had a terrific sense of humor but could get down to business as well! What I appreciated most was that for the artistic style and small details of the event (flowers, lighting, decor, bridal party, entertainment, crew organization..) I could totally rely upon her skill and opinion and it was WELL worth the wait! Our guests still rave but for us, it was exactly what we imagined. An overwhelmingly special, touching event to blend our family at a memorable, gorgeous and really FUN event! Abbey, I miss you more than you realize and hope that you offer my referral information to any bride and groom. Love, Tory & Fritz

Rocky Mountain Design House 14
    Rocky Mountain Design House 22
    Rocky Mountain Design House 23
    Sent on 02/06/2018

Alana · Married on 12/23/2017

Her husband was the officiant for my dad's wedding. It was on top of a mountain in the freezing cold. He did a wonderful job! He was professional and on time. He never complained about the cold and took wonderful pictures of as well, with his own camera. If you use Abby's services you should consider using him as well to marry you! They seem like one of the most genuine couples you could meet. They will only add to the joy of your big day!

Sent on 01/08/2018

Kacey · Married on 10/21/2017

thanks for getting my dress all prepped for the fun! it's perfect ; ).

Sent on 09/27/2017

Lydia · Married on 10/14/2017

I am so thankful that I was able to work with Abbey to complete some alterations on my wedding dress. I had ordered the dress to my personal measurements, but there were some obvious fit and construction issues that had me concerned. I was able to make an appointment with Abbey very quickly, and she had a great eye for how to make the dress fit comfortably while also flattering my body. I felt confident letting her take charge, though she did go over everything she would be doing to my dress with me beforehand. She was very thoughtful and always making sure I felt we were headed in the direction I had envisioned. In the end, the dress fit perfectly, thanks to her talent and hard work. I got so many compliments and I felt amazing wearing my dress-I only wish I could have worn it longer! I would highly recommend Abbey for any and all of your wedding wardrobe needs!

Sent on 01/02/2018

Nicole · Married on 10/14/2017

Abbey was amazing. She helped make my day everything I hoped it would be by making sure my dress was perfect. She was professional and completely flexible with my awful schedule.

Sent on 12/04/2017

Joy · Married on 09/23/2017

Abbey is amazing. Planning a wedding is very stressful, especially picking a wedding dress. Abbey gives me great advice, it feels like I've known her for years. I know she's going to make me look beautiful on my wedding day.

Sent on 06/07/2017
  • FutureMrsHanson

Bekah · Married on 09/16/2017

Abbey did an amazing job with my dress!! She was extremely detail oriented and turned my vision into reality. Her shop was such a warm and fun place to have fittings. She really went above and beyond my expectations and made me feel like a bride through the whole process. I highly recommend her services and send people to her regulary!! I love lavender elephant!!!

Sent on 12/01/2017

Rose · Married on 09/09/2017

Would highly recommend! Ehron and Abbey were lovely to work with, executed exactly what we were hoping for and I feel we got a great value for the price.

Sent on 09/12/2017

Ami · Married on 09/09/2017

Abbey is absolutely incredible. Her alterations to my dress were incredible. She also provided hand made benches for our wedding site that were stunning. I had several guests comment on the quality of the benches and ask were we found them. They were set up and taken down without a hitch! Truly top notch service. I would recommend Lavender Elephant to anyone!

Sent on 09/18/2017

Shelley · Married on 08/17/2017

Abby was very professional, personable, and she made my dress fit perfect! My wedding date was quickly approaching and I contacted Abby to do alterations. She let me know with confidence that she would be able to alter my dress and make it fit my curvy body perfectly. She has style, creativity and knowledge of all material and clothing. I felt beautiful on my special day, without stress thanks to Abby and Carrie at Lavender Elephant!
    Thank you ladies!!

Sent on 09/24/2017

Kathryn · Married on 07/29/2017

Abbey made my Mom's old dress into something spectacular. It means so much to be able to wear my Mom's dress at our rehearsal dinner. I told Abbey I trusted her creative judgement and the dress turned out beautifully!

She also did alternations to my wedding dress and they turned so well!

Sent on 07/18/2017

Courtney · Married on 07/01/2017

Abbey was my wedding planner from start to finish for our wedding on Copper Mountain, CO. We were originally going to get married in the Virgin Islands, but a series of events led us to change our minds and choose Colorado barely only 4 months before our wedding date. My friend that lives in Winter Park, CO recommended Abbey, and from day one she took off with a calm, cool, collected demeanor and creativity that I loved! Every time I was on the ledge, freaking out about the tiniest detail, Abbey was there to talk me down and assume responsibility for things that I found too overwhelming. I am NOT a party planner, but Abbey is a great one. From realizing my dreams and helping make sure I had the right flowers, greenery, podiums, candles, etc. Abbey really shined and worked so hard on our wedding day that I didn't even worry about a single thing. People kept complimenting us on all kinds of things in the wedding, one of which was how smoothly the day went and how beautiful the decor and scenery was. I am very happy I got to be Abbey's first wedding from start to finish, and you would have never known she was newer to planning because she really pulled it off! I loved working with you Abbey! Thank you for helping make our wedding the best day of our lives so far!

Sent on 07/22/2017

Becca · Married on 06/17/2017

Abbey at Lavender Elephant is absolutely amazing. It was just a few days before my wedding and I did not have centerpieces or some other aspects of the planning finished. I gave her my vision and she ran with it. She created the most beautiful decor and centerpieces I have ever seen at a wedding-- LAST MINUTE! She was calm (as I was freaking out), communicative, incredibly kind, and literally a miracle worker. Abbey is SO great because she can do everything 'wedding'. It was nice to have a one-stop-shop and question gal. She made sure I was set to go in all other aspects of the wedding, thought of important things I had not thought of, and made my vision come to life, but better than I could have envisioned. I am so incredibly thankful for her gorgeous work and can not recommend her enough!

Sent on 07/06/2017

Shanna · Married on 06/08/2017

Abbey with Lavender Elephant is a dream to work with. I brought her a picture of a skirt that I wanted created to wear during my pregnancy for a fundraiser, my maternity shoot and mother blessing. Not only did she create the perfect piece, she found the perfect sweater to wear with it that completed my vision. AND, because my skirt is so well made and Abbey is so awesome, my skirt was constructed so I can continue to wear it after my baby is born. I couldn't be happier with her attention to personal detail!

Sent on 03/01/2017

Katrina · Married on 04/30/2017

Abbey is the best. She was able to make sense of my Pinterest board and bring together all my ideas into an amazing dress. She redesigned my mother in law's 40 year old dress into something modern and flattering and comfortable! I couldn't believe how easy it was to wear. I felt like a babe my entire wedding day. It was a really neat process and I felt listened to and valued the whole way. Appointments with Abbey were fun and something I looked forward to during the other drudgery of wedding planning. I highly recommend Abbey's services for your wedding.

Sent on 05/27/2017

Dan · Married on 12/04/2016

I have very high expectations coming from running a business with 250 million dollars in annual revenue. She was above bar, Abbey is highly recommended.

Sent on 02/23/2017

Bridget · Married on 10/22/2016

Abbey the owner of Lavender Elephant is truly amazing. Her vision of my dress when I brought it in was exactly what I wanted. I purchased the dress online and it did not fit properly. When I explained to Abbey what I wanted she took the time to reiterate my vision. She is patient, kind, generous and an incredible seamstress. What ever it is you are looking for in a dress or tailoring, Abbey at Lavender Elephant is my go to. I will recommend Lavender Elephant to anyone in need of tailoring. Thank you so much Abbey.

Sent on 08/26/2016

Pooja · Married on 10/08/2016

Abbey helped save my sister's wedding! Last minute (day before!), we realized that there were alterations that needed to be made to her dress, and as we are not from Colorado we were unsure of what to do. We found out about Lavender Elephant, and in a pinch, Abbey came to the rescue--working late hours to ensure that the dress would be what my sister imagined. The morning of her wedding, we picked up her dress, and it was perfect! I highly recommend working with Abbey, she will not disappoint!

Sent on 09/12/2016