55 Reviews for Laurie Rhodes Photographer

Slideshow (1)
Albums (1)
Proofs (1)
55 Laurie Rhodes Photographer Reviews

My husband and I decided to have a small, simple, and sweet ceremony at City Hall and Laurie served as our photographer and witness! We chose her for her documentary style of shooting and she absolutely captured the moments of that morning beautifully. She seems to have a really good understanding of lighting. Not to mention she was professional, punctual, and just an overall pleasant person to be around. Highly recommend. Thank you Laurie!

Profile Picture Debbie, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Laurie was fantastic to work with for our engagement photoshoot. She captured truly special moments and was so easy to work with. She's flexible time-wise, open to fun ideas and responds to emails quickly. Would absolutely recommend her!

Profile Picture Dana, 9/23/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Digital Files

Laurie is so accommodating. It felt like having an old friend documenting our wedding!

Profile Picture Dave, 5/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My husband and I hired Laurie for our wedding at Trinity Church - Wall Street and reception at Pier A Harbor House in NYC. She was absolutely incredible to work with. She also took beautiful engagement photos of us. Very detailed, very responsive, very flexible. She got some great shots and wasn't distracting. She worked well with the other vendors. Most importantly, her documentary-style approach to photography produced some amazing images! Very high-end and elegant photos!

Profile Picture Scott, 12/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Laurie was a pleasure to work with from our very first email exchange; and a year after the wedding, she's still helping us pick out prints for our album. We were thrilled with the quality of the pictures. Laurie is easygoing and genuine which make working with her completely stress-free -- something everyone needs on their wedding day!

Profile Picture Jaclyn, 10/22/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Laurie was the perfect photographer. And after watching her operate you can tell it's a real craft. Laurie was able to capture very intimate moments, without ever making us feel uncomfortable, or interfere with our very intimate day. Highly recommended!

Profile Picture JP, 5/20/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Laurie was the best investment of my wedding! She was so flexible, so responsive, and she was willing to accommodate photographing a variety of very unique cultural traditions, which required a lot of creativity on her part. Any question I had, she answered. Any problems I encountered, she solved. She was my photographer, but had so many great ideas that it was almost like she was a wedding coordinator too! I can't recommend her enough!

Profile Picture Ariella, 4/10/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Of all our vendors....Laurie was the very best pick. She spent alot of time with us before, during and after the wedding to make sure all our needs were met. Her photographs captured the joy of the wedding, the happiness of the guests and the spirit of the city. I cant say enough positive things about her. Its even been a great pleasure designing the album. Laurie gets an A+ in our books!

Profile Picture Betsy, 4/10/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, One Event/Day, Liability Insurance

Let Laurie know all the family dynamics. Tell her who is who, what the relationships are, who is not speaking to whom. Who exactly is walking whom down the aisle if it's not the traditional person.

Profile Picture Karen, 3/26/16, 1 Review
Services Used: One Event/Day

Laurie was a joy to work with! She brought great sensitivity and artistry to our wedding photography. She took extraordinary care in getting to know us in advance and incorporated that knowledge of our personalities and likes/dislikes into her approach. Laurie could not have been more accommodating and reliable, from the initial interview through delivery of her gorgeous work. Highly recommended.

Profile Picture User6866013, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Digital Files, Proofs

If you want those special photos that actually look like you and the people you love on your big day and you want someone who has the eye needed to capture those amazing, unrehearsed, emotional and/or zany moments, hire Laurie!! You can't go wrong. Plus, her services are well priced. We were thrilled with her work and would recommend her to anyone. In fact, we did, and that couple hired her and they loved her as well! So there. What are you waiting for?!

Profile Picture Ashley, 11/21/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Having a destination shoot is not easy, especially if the subjects are from different continents and are on a tight budget. As such, Laurie was the perfect choice as our photographer. From start to finish, she was accommodating, considerate, friendly and highly professional. She explained in detail when the best time would be for the shoot, location and even tips on what to wear and what not to wear. Her suggestions were unimposing and created some of the best photos. She is flexible and has a calm and relaxing demeanor which would put any nervous first timer at ease. She knows the locale very well as she took us to spots that were not crowded, yet captured sceneries that were unmistakably NY. Laurie was able to take a wide variety of brilliant and crisp images all within a limited time frame. All in all a great experience!

Profile Picture Michiko, 9/15/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Being an artist and designer myself, photography was one of the most important elements of our wedding. My husband and I were very picky and had a vision in our mind for the style we wanted. We met with a lot of photographers, but when we met Laurie, we instantly fell in love with her work. She was very warm and inviting during the initial meeting, showed us some of her books, which were beautifully presented, and even shared her personal stories of how she became a photographer. She has a very calm and comfortable presence and that was very helpful the day of the wedding! She showed up early the day of and made sure to keep to a schedule so that we got all the shots we wanted and really eased my stress as well! During the wedding, she really kept herself low key, and took photos without being too invasive. She was very professional and gave some wonderful ideas for the posed shots. Her entire presence was a pleasure to be around and she knew exactly what she needed to do. After receiving the photos, I was completely blown away! She captured moments that I don't even remember from that day! Her capture of the lighting is incredible, even the most difficult nighttime shots are gorgeous. Her photos capture all the intense emotion, life, love and celebration of that day. I'm in love with every single photo, it's really hard to choose what will go into our album! She even took a roll of black and white film for us too. Look no further for a wedding photographer in NYC or even elsewhere, Laurie is a wonderful person with an incredible talent and you will relive your special day over and over through her photos. Every single picture really does speak a thousand words!

Profile Picture User5636561, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Services Used: High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Slideshow, Digital Files

Laurie is the most professional, helpful, pleasant and highly organized photographer. We have wonderful memories to last a lifetime and she is spoken of so highly amongst our family.

Profile Picture min, 6/20/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Laurie's work was exceptional and the quality of her shots is top-notch. Whether posed or candid, she was able to catch the moments, the people, the setting, the mood – all as we want to remember them, including things we never saw until we saw them in her photos! She made everything come alive beautifully. On top of that, she and her assistant were completely unobtrusive – we hardly knew they were there. And she was a pleasure to work with: creative, accommodating, warm. We couldn't have been happier with our pick of a photographer.

Profile Picture Valerie, 4/25/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Beyond Amazing. From the minute we met with Laurie I knew we were in good hands. As an out-of-towner our stress levels were pretty high. She was calm, encouraging and well knowledgable of the area. She listened to our ideas, helped add and direct and came through flawlessly... and didn't break the bank. We took amazing photos the day before the wedding in central park - she helped corral 100 folks (none of which lived in the city and many had never visited before...) with patience and efficiency. We took amazing group shots and incredible ones of us. We are just starting to get the pictures back and I have no words. She not only captured the spirit of the day, the love between the two of us but she helped create the perfect backdrops, shadows, and lights to take in the beauty of the city and our venue. Big huge thanks and highly recommend!!!!

Profile Picture Paul, 11/15/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

We feel especially lucky to have found such a talented and thoughtful photographer! Laurie has a tremendous talent for capturing those special moments, which made her the perfect choice for photographing our wedding. We would definitely recommend Laurie to anyone looking for an excellent photographer!

Profile Picture Alycia, 10/18/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Laurie is simply the best. During our first meeting with her, Laurie answered all of our questions, with such humor, empathy, and professionalism that we knew right away that we wanted her as our photographer. Even though it was not part of the deal, Laurie met up with the wedding party for a rehearsal in Central Park and then followed us to take some pictures at our rehearsal dinner. The pictures she took of the wedding ceremony and the reception were stunning. They made me laugh and cry all over again by taking me back to the very best day of my life.

Profile Picture Sherry, 9/20/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Laurie was very professional and warm, and it was such a pleasure to work with her. We were from out of town, so all of our planning was done via e-mail and phone. Laurie got there early to take some photos of us, and she was very patient with all the people trying to get pictures around her. The pictures turned out beautiful. I highly recommend her.

Profile Picture User4484321, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Laurie Rhodes is a very professional and artistic photographer. We hired her for our wedding in May and are extremely happy with the results, not just of the pictures, but with all our interactions with her. She doesn't just photograph, she tells a story. I love how she captured us and our guests in unguarded moments. Her photojournalism style is so much more interesting than the usual photos you see. She took great pains to balance our photos and get the colors just right. This takes time, and the only drawback is that we didn't get to see our photos until a few months after the wedding. We were prepared for this, however we were chomping at the bit! The wait was worth it. We highly recommend her. It is going to cost some bucks, but better to cut back on something else if you have a tight budget. You get what you pay for.

Profile Picture Karen, 5/25/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

If you are looking for a photographer that has a great eye and a wonderful sense of narrative for capturing your special day through the lens of a camera, I would whole heartedly recommend Laurie. We were on a rather tight budget, so while I could have found someone less experienced and less expensive, I am glad we didn't. We now have incredible memories that I will last a lifetime. I've printed out quite a few and have them all around the house. They make both of us happy to remember such a joyous occasion.

Profile Picture Suzanne, 5/12/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Laurie Rhodes is not only the most talented, creative, professional photographer I have ever met, she is kind, considerate, accommodating, always happy and helpful with ideas we never would have thought of but ecstatic that she did!
Laurie captured moments that still make me cry with happiness when I look at the photos (amazing since she made herself invisible).
The photos are crisp, clear, unique in style (different angels, black and white) and just so artistically fabulous.
It boggles my mind when I think of the amount of talent this incredible woman has and is willing to share.
Laurie your photos made such a moving impression on me 17 years ago that I knew some day you would capture my daughters wedding through eyes, soul and talent that could only belong to you.
You made us all feel comfortable from the first time we met you (we could be a little overwhelming) and you never got tired of our endless questions and requests.
The heavens gave you an incredible gift and we reaped the benefit.
Thank you.

Profile Picture Helen, 3/15/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Laurie took absolutely the most amazing photographs of our special day. She really captured the mood and feel of the whole day and each guest's personality really came through in the photos. Every time I look at the photos again, I find a new detail or nuance that she was able to capture. We will both cherish these images for the rest of our lives.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 9/21/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Laurie has an excellent eye for composition and an instinct for capturing moments which you will treasure for years to come! It was a pleasure working woth her. She takes the time to get to know your preferences and it clearly pays off in the photos!

Profile Picture Cathy, 6/29/13, 1 Review