Laurie Andrews Design Reviews

22 | Portland, ME

22 Reviews for Laurie Andrews Design

Sage · Married on 09/23/2017

Laurie and her team are AMAZING. They did both our floral and our venue design and it was absolutely breathtaking. Laurie was great to work with and I cannot recommend her enough. Everyone complimented on how beautiful everything looked and it was all because of LA Design!

Sent on 10/04/2017

Sasha · Married on 06/04/2016

I worked with Melissa over at Laurie Andrews for ceremony flowers, centerpieces, and furniture rental/set design. She was responsive and very flexible with scheduling phone calls, as I was 3 hours behind on Pacific time while planning a wedding from across the country! The end result was absolutely stunning and beyond what I could have dreamed! She stuck to my Pinterest vision board perfectly for all of the florals and the furniture set up was so chic and made an incredible backdrop for photos and a cool place for guests to lounge during cocktail hour! The prices were very reasonable and well worth the service! Thank you!

Sent on 07/01/2016

Laurie did an incredible job with her team in creating absolutely stunning flowers and décor for our wedding. I walked into the reception room and was in awe of what her team had created. It was truly perfect. To think that she created that beautiful vision from my very scattered first conversation with her back in January of last year is incredible. It blew any expectations I had out of the water. The staff at the venue specifically asked for her contact information for future events as they were equally impressed with her creative work and professionalism. Laurie, I cannot adequately express my gratitude for turning the dream vision I have had in my head since a little girl into a reality. It was truly a perfect evening and you and your team were such a huge part of that.

Sent on 09/29/2015

Lauren · Married on 08/22/2015

Laurie brought my vision to life in the most incredible way! We had our first consultation about 8 months before the wedding and then a second about 3 months prior. At that second meeting, I was unsure about how what I thought I wanted would actually look, but Laurie really understood the look and feel I was aiming to achieve and on the actual wedding day (when it matters the most), boy did she deliver! The huppah, the centerpieces, the bouquets for me and my bridal party...they were all just PERFECTION! Would highly recommend Laurie to others!!!

Sent on 10/04/2015

Melanie · Married on 11/22/2014

We got married on 11/22/14 at the Red Barn at Outlook in South Berwick, Maine and worked with Laurie Andrews. She was FANTASTIC. From the first day I started working with her, I sent her a pinterest page of colors/flowers I liked and she came up with the perfect flowers for myself and our wedding party! We didn't do floral centerpieces, but had 7 bridesmaid bouquets, 1 junior bridesmaid bouquet, 6 groomsmen boutonnieres, 1 father and 1 grandfather boutonniere, 2 mother hand held corsages, 1 grandmother wrist corsage, 2 reader wrist corsages,1 ring bearer boutonniere, and 4 flower girl flowers. We also had 2 mason jars with flowers to display on the fireplace mantel which we requested at the last minute! She listened carefully to all of my requests, wrapped gray burlap around the bouquets to match the gray bridesmaid dresses and rustic look, added pink/orange ribbons to the boutonnieres to match our colors (gray, pink and orange), and even made our flower girl flowers very simple (and inexpensive per my request) by tying multiple ribbons/streamers onto a single gerbera daisy for each girl. Laurie was so patient in sending me revised invoices every time I made changes. She was on time on the wedding day and had everything all set and ready by the time we arrived. She was creative, responsive, and an absolute pleasure to work with. Thank you, Laurie!

Sent on 12/03/2014

Jillian · Married on 08/23/2014

Laurie was a delight to work with. I met with her a year before my wedding to discuss my vision and she took off running. You can tell she has the experience of a successful event designer and planner. She put together stunning ceremony and reception decor almost exactly emulating my vision. She even designed an amazing lounge space at the reception from the ground up. Literally decorating bare bones. Her friendly attitude was refreshing and helped put me at ease even when I was unsure of how things were going. She was very flexible with helping us determine our budget and how we could pull together our perfect day based on our monetary guidelines. Her ability to recommend vendors and even coordinate with them was beyond helpful. From our flowers to our place settings every detail was picture perfect. I highly recommend Laurie to guide you through your wedding day planning and decor.

Sent on 09/23/2014

Laurie really understood our vision and was fabulous to work with. I was overwhelmed by how amazing the flowers turned out. They were unique and beautiful. For the price, I was happy with the quality, variety and size of all the arrangements.

Sent on 10/10/2014

Chelsey · Married on 10/12/2013

Laurie was a blast to work with! She has so many wonderful ideas and really brings your vision to life! She is very responsive as well as professional. Laurie took my beautiful venue space and really made it absolutely spectacular! The guests just raved about the flower centerpieces, they were lush and the quality was supurb. She has so many beautiful decor items available for use and rental. We rented a beautiful large frame and easel to use for our seating chart, guest loved it, and the price was very reasonable! I would absolutely recommend Laurie, her vision is just incredible!

Sent on 10/27/2013

Mindy · Married on 10/05/2012

There are not words to describe how amazing our décor was for our wedding day. Laurie took my millions of ideas and visions and pulled it together in ways that were beyond my expectations. If you are looking for something unique or classic Laurie can pull anything together. She takes your budget and space into consideration and goes above and beyond to get to know the venue and pull in ideas you would have never thought of that bring your wedding day dreams into reality. I would not have changed a thing. Everyone should pass along her amazing name because she will make your wedding day more memorable than any others you have seen!

Sent on 01/08/2013

My wedding was perfect because of you. It was exactly how I pictured my wedding to be. Thank you so much.

Sent on 01/09/2013

Beth · Married on 08/03/2012

Laurie's eye for detail and design is second to none. She took a vision I had in my head and made it reality, but better. I would highly recommend her services!

Sent on 01/14/2013

christa · Married on 07/19/2012

Laurie Andrews provided the floral arrangements and bouquets for my weeding. The flower filled orbs were simple but beautiful, the bouquets were stunning and the centerpieces were absolutely gorgeous. So many guests came up to me through the evening commenting on the flowers.

Laurie was a joy to work with, a professional with an amazing eye for design. I will most definitely recommend her company to anyone I may know in the Saco area for floral services.

Sent on 07/25/2012

Jennifer · Married on 09/17/2011

Laurie did an amazing job on our flowers/centerpieces and total decor for our wedding, I cannot thank her enough for the outstanding job. On top of having an amazing eye for color and style, Laurie took the time to get to know me and my husband and figure out what our style was in order to make it special for our wedding day. She was also great at working within our budget, which is extremely helpful when planning a wedding. We had an amazing experience working with Laurie and our friends have not stopped talking about how beautiful the place looked, I would highly recommend Laurie to any bride to be. And to top it all off, Laurie is a very warm, kind, caring, and fun person so it was fun to share our special day with her!

Sent on 12/07/2011

Katy · Married on 07/16/2011

When my husband and I miscalculated the number of tables, Laurie made the necessary last minute changes with ease to ensure each one had a center peice. She was extremely friendly and personable, meetings us in all the necessary locations. She alwasy returned my phone calls and emails in a short time and my wedding was decorated exactly as I requested - simple and elegant: just my style.

Sent on 03/28/2012
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 06/11/2011

I strongly recommend Laurie for your wedding/event. She exceeded our expectations in every way. We met with Laurie and she really went out of her way to assist us with our needs. I brought her about a dozen pictures I printed out from the web with ideas I had about flowers/decor not really knowing how to combine all of them together. She took all those ideas and designed me exactly what I wanted. It was absolutely stunning. Laurie worked with pricing, fabric choices and custom orders. and stayed within our budget but exceeded our expectations. She worked directly with my caterer, Blue Elephant, and my venue so I didn't have to. As with planning a wedding comes a lot of stress. I was able to contact her through phone and e-mails with any question/concerns. My wedding was absolutely beautiful and unique thanks to Laurie's attention to detail and creativity. I am so pleased that she was my florist and highly recommend her!

Sent on 01/15/2013

Brittany · Married on 05/30/2015

Wow is all I can say! Laurie made our whole dream day a reality. She did both our flowers and all of our decorating/coordinating and everything was perfect. I didn't have to worry about a single thing. She was very easy to work with, always responsive, and just very very good at everything she did. Our day was utterly wonderful, and we truly thank her (and Jodie, her assistant) for that!

Sent on 06/11/2015

Sarah · Married on 08/20/2017

Laurie made the wedding of my dreams come true. She worked with us, despite some challenges with other vendors, to make our indoor reception feel like a magical grove of trees. She brought a lot of creativity and fresh ideas to help my vision come to life. All of our florals were fresh and beautiful--Laurie knew when to be restrained and when to "go for it" to make sure our flowers and decor had the biggest impact possible. So happy to have found Laurie and her team!

Sent on 12/26/2017

Kristen · Married on 09/07/2014

Laurie Andrews Design was absolutely fantastic. My husband and I chose persimmon and purple as our wedding colors, which are a very bright and fun combination. Laurie was enthusiastic from the get-go about working with this palette. All I really told her was the colors, and what we wanted for decorations and I let her take it from there to design the bouquets, table arrangements, and boutonnieres. Laurie arrived on my wedding day exactly when she said she was going to, and the bouquets were more perfect than I could have imagined. There were so many beautiful flower types, most of which I didn't even know what they were! The colors matched our bridesmaids/groomsmen attire perfectly, and the table-scapes were simple and elegant, just like we had asked for. The value for the flowers that we got was also excellent, and Laurie was very helpful with adding some last minute details to our budget. I would highly recommend this florist, especially to those who are looking for vibrant, exotic flowers on their wedding day.

Sent on 09/15/2014

Laurie was a pleasure to work with. She was very willing to work within our budget and helped to completed transform our reception venue. There were so many custom details that we requested, from small things like custom street signs and voting jars to major pieces such as hanging chandeliers and a lounge area with rented furniture. Laurie delivered on all things big and small and seemed to coordinate it all effortlessly. Laurie has a sharp eye for design and she helped us to articulate and shape the look we wanted for the big day. At the same time, she suggested a number of unique touches that we would not have thought of otherwise. In short, we were absolutely blown away on our wedding day when we saw everything come together! It goes without saying that Laurie comes very highly recommended.

Sent on 08/11/2014

Ross · Married on 06/10/2017

Laurie did a fantastic job with decorating our arbor, the aisle, and centerpieces of the tables. We were debating how much money to spend on floral arrangements, but honestly feel that Laurie was able to design something beautiful at a reasonable cost. She even moved some of our ceremony decorations into the cocktail area so we didn't have to pay twice for flowers & vases, which was very thoughtful of her. We did have a little mix up in the planning process regarding our color scheme, but she quickly corrected it.

Sent on 12/09/2017

kerry jimmy · Married on 08/07/2016

3.5

Wedding flowers was not something I wanted to make a big deal out of in the grand task of wedding planning. However, getting married in a coastal Maine town with few florists, I found that the ones I had spoken to dragged out our conversations and quoted more than double what I hoped to pay, especially considering I did not want many flowers compared to most brides. When I met Laurie Andrews, unplanned at my venue's preferred vendor bridal show, she told me that normally she does complete wedding planning, however that she also does flowers as part of that, and that she was willing to do just flowers for my fiancé and I. We had one, very straightforward and simple meeting where we made up a list of what we would order, and saw some photographs of her work. When she got back to us with a quote, her prices were the most reasonable we had found as well. I also had some slight changes in my vision throughout the planning process, and Laurie was open to changing some things for me (such as bouquet ribbon color, adding a boutenier, etc.) and also offered advice when asked on what she thought would look nice. On the wedding day, I was very happy to see that the flowers were just what I had imagined. I cannot wait to get back my photos and see them again.

Sent on 08/26/2016

3.5

Laurie designed the flowers for our semi-DIY November wedding at the Portland Company and everything turned out beautifully. Laurie listened to our vision and had some great ideas to bring our vintage/industrial concept to life. After some back and forth, she worked within our budget (which was well over her stated minimum) – we were sorry that we could not use all of her concepts. Communication was at times challenging – we planned the entire wedding remotely and it often took multiple emails or phone calls to resolve questions. But we were very happy with the end results – and have received many compliments on the creative and varied flowers (each table had 5 unique arrangements) and absolutely stunning floral centerpiece on a mantle that served as our altar. The flowers were very fresh, with many table arrangements lasting 10+ days after the wedding.

Sent on 02/06/2015