Lauren Hawkins Photography Reviews

31 Reviews for Lauren Hawkins Photography

• Lillian

Lillian L. · Married on 06/19/2021

Perfect Photographer for Beautiful Candid Wedding Photos

We originally found Lauren on Instagram back in 2019. We immediately were drawn to her editing style and her candidness of her photos. We met with her in person and got to know her easy going personality and could tell she was very passionate about photographing weddings. We booked her right away for our June 2020 wedding. When COVID hit we like many other couples were overwhelmed with the thought of postponing our wedding but Lauren was able to work with us and accommodate our new date at no additional charge. Her understanding and willingness to work with us helped take the edge off a difficult time. She even sent us a little care package in the mail that made us feel special!

The photo package we went with included an engagement shoot which was wonderful! It helped us get to know her a little bit more and get some practice in front of the camera. As for the wedding day Lauren was incredible. She was all over the place taking all the photos, but we also seemed to not even notice her at the same time. She gave us direction to get all those cute photos without making the poses feel uncomfortable or forced. We also had a videographer that she worked alongside with really well so we were able to get both photos and videos within the same shots.

We got our sneak peek album within just a few days which was so nice to see! We are awaiting our final album as we just got married a couple weeks ago but we know they will be amazing. We can’t wait to look through them all and reminisce about the day! If you are thinking about booking with Lauren you won’t regret it!

Sent on 07/01/2021
  • Meghan

Meghan H. · Married on 04/10/2021

Beautiful Photos! We're So Glad We Booked Her!

After having to postpone and seeing Lauren’s work at a friends wedding, we reached out to her and am so glad we did! Leading up to the wedding we had a FaceTime meeting and she was very timely in communication. She made sure to follow our timeline and capture all of our photos we requested. My husband is not a fan of getting his photo taken but she made it easy and we both felt comfortable. Our photos are beautiful and even better than what I had hoped for! I highly recommend Lauren and can’t wait for another reason to work with her & have her capture our special moments!

Sent on 05/04/2021
  • Elisabeth

Elisabeth O. · Married on 12/31/2020

Incredible Photos & Fun!

Lauren was the perfect photographer for our wedding day. She was incredibly flexible as we cancelled our original wedding plan, almost rescheduled to June 2021, and then decided to keep our original date as a micro wedding. She was very patient and flexible with these changes. Then when the day came, she guided us along the way! Lauren was so helpful asking for details and shots with all the right people. Then throughout the ceremony itself, she walked around the church to get a lot of different shots. She captured our day perfectly. We were so excited seeing all the moments that she was able to capture. AND on top of it all - Lauren was such a joy to be around and she made us very comfortable in front of the lens. Highly recommend Lauren!!

ALSO -- we loved doing our engagement photos with Lauren! She came up to Boston to photograph us in our favorite places, and it helped us practice how to be natural in front of the camera for the wedding!

Sent on 05/17/2021

Alayna P. · Married on 10/30/2020

Can’t wait!

Lauren did our engagement session already, and needless to say we were floored by her work. She is professional, and worked so hard to fit us into her busy schedule so we could get our photos done when the leaves were just changing. I can’t wait for our wedding photos next October!!

Sent on 11/08/2019
  • Megan

Megan T. · Married on 09/19/2020

Lauren is incredibly talented!

Lauren is incredibly talented! We hired Lauren for our engagement shoot and wedding in September and we are blown away by the results. Our pictures came out better than I could have ever imagined.

Lauren has a way of making everyone feel comfortable in front of the camera, she made the posed pictures feel natural and always had us laughing. She made it very easy to be in the moment at our wedding, she made sure to follow our timeline and capture all of our photos we requested. She truly knows how to capture the most special moments. It was amazing to see our family and friends emotions all over again through pictures and I will treasure them forever!

Throughout the wedding planning process Lauren was always responsive and organized. We received sneak peeks within 24 hours and delivered our engagement and wedding galleries very quickly!

Lauren truly captured our love and we are so grateful. We have already scheduled a holiday mini session with Lauren and look forward to working with her! We highly recommend Lauren to anyone looking for their wedding photographer!

Sent on 11/05/2020

Lindsey · Married on 09/06/2020

Amazing Photographer and Person!

We had originally hired Lauren to photograph our wedding in 2020, but due to Covid-19 had to reschedule to 2021. Unfortunately, she was already booked for our new date. Lauren is such a good photographer that we tried to work with our other vendors to find a date that would work for her - she's seriously that good! My fiance and I live in Chicago, and we had the great fortune of meeting up with Lauren there to do our engagement shoot. She is so professional and friendly. Neither of us are very good in front of a camera, but Lauren made everything fun and easy. She provides the right amount of direction without feeling bossy or forced. We couldn't be happier with how our engagement shoot turned out and are so upset that she won't be a part of our big day. If you have the chance to work with Lauren, take it!!

Sent on 06/03/2020
  • Kelly

Kelly T. · Married on 07/11/2020

Stunning Photos

I worked with Lauren on our engagement and wedding photos and could not be happier about the decision. Not only is she incredible to work with but the photos she takes are stunning. Don't look anywhere else! Lauren is the best!

Sent on 12/10/2020
  • Maggie

Maggie · Married on 06/13/2020

Amazing Photographer

Lauren is fantastic! We hired her to shoot our wedding in June, but unfortunately due covid 19, we had to reschedule to a date that Lauren was already booked for :( With that being said, she did shoot out engagement photos and it was a wonderful experience! She was so easy to work with, and made the whole process a lot of fun. My fiance does not like photos and she was able to get him to actually enjoy it, and in turn captured photos that we will cherish forever. Although we won't actually get to have Lauren the day of our wedding, we did get the experience of her being our photographer. From the beginning she was easy to communicate with, customized a package based on what we were looking for, and overall made the decision making easy and stress-free. She kept in touch in the year leading up to the wedding with helpful emails, reminders of what she needed from us etc. I have no doubt that she would have been absolutely amazing the day of the wedding and I would recommend her to anyone. I'm hoping that we will have another reason to hire a photographer in the future so I can hire her!

Sent on 04/21/2020
  • Samantha

Samantha D. · Married on 05/22/2020

Laid back process and unbelievable photos!

We contracted with Lauren a couple years ago and she did our engagement photos, then was more than accommodating when we needed to reschedule our 2020 wedding due to Covid. My husband is not a fan of getting photographed, and Lauren made the process so easy, fun, and comfortable. She is so easy going yet professional, and you would never even have known she was there on our wedding day (in the best way - we got so many fabulous photos that we didn't even know where being taken). She also got us a handful of photos 1 day after the wedding! Most of my friends waited months to see any pictures at all. I can't recommend her highly enough!

Sent on 06/08/2021
  • Jessica

Jessica M. · Married on 01/18/2020

Absolutely Amazing!

Our wedding pictures came out better than we could have ever imagined. We had a winter wedding and when it started to snow outside, she was as excited as we were and did not hesitate to go outside with us to get some amazing picture at night in the snow!

Lauren has a way of making you, and your wedding, party feel very comfortable and making you laugh, which really makes the classic “posed” pictures come to life. It was really important to us to be present during our day and not be concerned with the “details” and Lauren made that very easy. She didn’t force any photos and instead captured what was happening naturally - some of my favorite photos of the day (besides the snow of course!) were the more “candid” photos – our first dance, laughing during our first look, a mouth full of cake, and of course all of the fun on the dancefloor.

Lauren perfectly captured the love, joy, and fun of our wedding day and we are grateful that we have all of those memories that we can look back on in our wedding album. I would highly recommend Lauren to anyone looking to book their wedding photographer!

Sent on 04/15/2020

Emily W. · Married on 01/11/2020

Amazing photographer!

We worked with Lauren for our January wedding at the Towers in Narragansett, RI (and an engagement shot the summer beforehand on Narragansett beach!). We absolutely loved working with her. From our initial email exchanges with Lauren, to meeting with her in person, to our engagement photo session, and the wedding itself, Lauren was responsive, friendly, punctual, and attentive. She was comfortable giving us direction when we needed it (both in front of the camera and in terms of planning the event itself), while really letting us tell her what we wanted and envisioned and making it happen. We absolutely loved all of the photos she took at our engagement session and wedding and cannot thank or recommend her highly enough.

Sent on 01/19/2020
  • Catherine

Catherine · Married on 12/14/2019

Absolutely amazing!

I cannot say enough great things about Lauren. When I first started looking for a photographer I was drawn to how light and airy and natural all of Lauren's photos were. After going back and forth for a bit we didn't even think about looking at another photographer and when we met her it sealed the deal. She is so professional and wonderful and puts you at ease. Lauren is well educated as a photographer but also in the wedding business which came in handy during the planning process. She was sooo quick to respond with every question I had and always answered thoroughly and thoughtfully. Engagement pics were included in the package which helped us get to know her even more and become more comfortable for our wedding day. Leading up to our wedding she reached out to come up with a day of timeline as well as a list of photos we wanted which was so helpful. She even reached out to vendors for final details so I didn't have to. Those last few days leading up to the wedding are stressful so this meant the world. What stood out to me most was that almost a year after our first meeting and leading up to our wedding she remembered some details that were very important to us on the big day. We were never just numbers to her-- she truly gets to know the clients she works with. Our wedding day was amazing and she and her assistant eased into our day effortlessly. Many family and friends commented how much they LOVED Lauren and her assistant--from the bridal parties, to our parents and guests. The moments they captured are breathtaking and we will treasure them forever. I'll recommend Lauren to anyone I know getting married and I am happy that we have a go-to photographer for any future big life moments we might want captured.

Sent on 02/01/2020
  • I

Iris L. · Married on 10/19/2019

Highly recommended! Cool, calm & competent.

Lauren is competent, professional and made the awkward process of being "models for a day" enjoyable and relaxing. She is extremely reasonably priced for the quality and care that she puts in to her work. I was a nervous wreck leading up to the ceremony, and she handled it so well. Her calm demeanor was crucial to helping minimize stress on a very stressful day. I have zero regrets about our choice to hire her to capture our wedding. The second photographer was also great!

Sent on 12/12/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 10/05/2019

Wonderful experience!

Lauren was so friendly and made us feel so important and comfortable! We love our photos so much and would recommend to anyone looking for a professional!

Sent on 12/13/2019

Marissa · Married on 09/07/2019

Wonderful!!!!

Lauren was amazing! We had so much fun during our shoot and the pictures came out so beautiful we could not be happier! The whole process was a blast and Lauren was great from figuring out where to go and suggestions on what to wear, to a shoot that felt natural and fun and then getting our pictures quickly!

Sent on 11/19/2018

Lauren Hawkins Photography's reply:

Marissa, thank you so much for the kind words! It was such a pleasure working with you and Nick! I am so happy you had fun, as that is always my goal with my couples! :)
  • Gabbie

Gabbie · Married on 09/07/2019

Wedding/Engagement/ just for fun

I have worked with Lauren on four different occasions now! She has done our engagement photos and in house session just for fun, my wedding and even a Halloween session! I don’t even know where to begin with all of the AMAZING things about her! We started off as complete strangers as I stumbled across her instagram a year ago! Through each session we have with Lauren I am continually impressed with her ability to make us feel SO comfortable, her level of professionalism, her knee eye to make you look great (even when you don’t feel it) & most important of all I am always blown away by her love of what she does. Her love for photography and making sure you have the best photos, are comfortable, and having the best time is the reason we will never chose another photographer! Lauren has become like a friend to us and we scream her name from the roof tops every time we get complemented on our photos! I promise, look no further, this is your photographer you will not regret it!!

Sent on 11/10/2019
  • Nishi

Nishi · Married on 08/17/2019

Great experience with Lauren

Lauren is a total professional - warm, friendly, reaponsove, and just a pleasure to work with. And most importantly her photos were beautiful! We aren't always very comfortable in front of a camera but Lauren really helped us relax and enjoy it. The fact that her package includes an engagement session is awesome, it gave us a chance to get to know her and get comfortable with portraits. She was fantastic on our wedding day - she was calm, patient, and accommodating. We love our photos and we loved the experience of working with her.

Sent on 11/11/2019

Katrina S. · Married on 05/25/2019

Best pics ever!

Lauren is such an amazing photographer! We had a mini session/engagement pics with her before our wedding on 5.25. She is so nice, chill, and flexible to work with. All the pics she took came out so amazing! Everyone who I show is blown away by how great they are. She already gave us a sneak peek of some of our wedding pics and they are more than we could have hoped for. Thank you so much for capturing our special day! I highly recommend her for any photography needs! She is also so much more affordable than other photographers I had gotten quotes from and in my opinion way more talented! I know I will book her again for any future shoots in a heart beat!

Sent on 06/04/2019

Paige B. · Married on 05/18/2019

Thank you, Lauren!

Lauren was fantastic to work with. She helped us organize a great engagement shoot a few months before our wedding, and we loved the shots. We knew we were in good hands! She hired a second shooter for our wedding, and she was fantastic as well. Our first sneak peek came back and we love everything! Thank you!!

Sent on 05/22/2019
  • Sami

Sami R. · Married on 05/04/2019

We were so lucky to have been referred to Lauren for our wedding!

Lauren was our photographer for our wedding day and she was awesome! Very quick to respond, accommodating, attentive to detail, and resonably priced! We are so happy we chose her to photograph our big day!

Sent on 07/02/2019

Lauren · Married on 04/26/2019

So helpful, professional and sweet!

Lauren made the whole photography planning process so effortless! She asked the right questions to make sure we thought about every detail to ensure we got the exact and important photos we wanted! She is quick to problem solve, our wedding day was a rainy one and she was able to capture beautiful indoor photos. We didn't even miss getting outdoor pictures!

We are so happy with our beautiful photos and will definitely use Lauren again soon!

Sent on 06/11/2019
  • DeTayls

Devin · Married on 10/20/2018

Dream come true

Lauren is absolutely the best! We were the first wedding to book Lauren in 2018 and one of the last weddings of the year. We got married October 20th 2018.
    She made us feel so comfortable and we even had fun taking photos. Now let me just point out we are SO awkward and uncomfortable on camera and she did such an amazing job working with us to be comfortable and look good our photos look like something from a magazine we never knew we could even look good on camera and everyone who sees our photos absolutely gush over the photography and the amazing quality. If there is one thing I’d never change from the vendors we chose it’s Lauren she knows what she’s doing and does it well! I wouldn’t trust anybody else with the prescious memories of the most special day. She got so many great shots and somewhere managed to never be noticed while catching in the moment shots. We never felt awkward or paparazzied and when we started to stress over typical wedding stuff she always found a way to bring us back to the happy moments and smiling and having fun. We will be hiring her for all of our photography needs in the future. The guests and family all loved her and the outcome of the photos! Seriously Lauren is so talented we are so lucky and grateful to have booked her, it’s the best decision we made!! You won’t regret booking with her she is the sweetest person to work with and so amazingly talented. I’d also like to add we are a lgbtq couple and a lot of professionals can make us feel uncomfortable or awkward in situations especially regarding our marriage (yes even in 2018) and Lauren made us feel so comfortable and accepted and that’s such a rare thing to just feel normal and not be afraid or awkward to kiss your partner. She made us truly feel like it was a magical day all about us and our love.

Sent on 12/19/2018

Jillian · Married on 10/13/2018

Lauren is so wonderful to work with! She is so friendly and outgoing and makes the entire experience so comfortable for you! She is also super responsive, and is so great with communication before and after your shoot. I would highly recommend Lauren to any couple - she is the best!

Sent on 01/08/2018

Lauren Hawkins Photography's reply:

You and Kevin were so fantastic as we ventured all over Roger Williams Park for different photo locations. I am so happy you loved the photos and I cannot wait for your wedding in October!

Katie · Married on 10/13/2018

The best decision!

Lauren is the absolute best!! From the first email of communication to the actual wedding day, I cannot say enough amazing things about her. She’s extremely organized and communicates every step of the way to make sure every shot and every wish is granted. Our wedding had two huge families with different cultures, multiple divorces with our parents, as well as our cranky teething one year old son and she did an amazing job of juggling all of it and making sure everyone got the photos they wanted. And most importantly she made sure my husband and I were not stressed! We received a beautiful sneak peek within 48 hours and the rest of the images were sent a short time later. They were all SO beautiful and we continue to get compliments on them. Wedding planning can be stressful but trust me if you are a bride in need of a reliable, professional, talented photographer look no further. Lauren is your girl! She made my life so much easier and I will cherish these beautiful images forever. I cannot recommend her enough!

Sent on 11/26/2018

Bridget · Married on 08/11/2018

All I can say is that Lauren is absolutely amazing! She shot our wedding on 8/11/18. First let me say that planning a wedding in Rhode Island from Washington (state) is a little daunting. Lauren was quick to respond and totally flexible when finding times to meet. I was only able to make it into RI once in the planning process and Lauren made it a priority to find a time to meet. She was on top of all communication otherwise, clarifying any questions and making sure I built my shot list with enough time for her to build her timeline. When the big day came, Lauren’s ability to work with two very large families in a quick efficient manner was very helpful. She never kept a group, wedding party included, from the party for long. She stuck to a timeline and made sure to get as many amazing shots as possible in that time frame. We were totally comfortable taking direction from her even though neither of us is particularly comfortable in front of the camera. The rest of the night Lauren blended in while always being there for the next good shot. The preview photos are absolutely breathtaking and we are positive Lauren was able to capture the love in the air that night.

Sent on 09/08/2018

Lauren Hawkins Photography's reply:

I am so happy you selected me to capture your wedding day. Your wedding day was so beautiful and spoke to who you and Patrick are as a couple! It was a absolutely gorgeous day and I am glad we were able to get everything planned even with you living on the West Coast!