Laurel Ridge Country Club Reviews

30 | Waynesville, NC

30 Reviews for Laurel Ridge Country Club

30 Laurel Ridge Country Club Reviews

Kristen · Married on 06/09/2018

From the moment we walked in we knew Laurel Ridge was the place for us. It combined both of our personalities perfectly. We initially met with Leshall and felt completely at ease. Fast forward 12 months and Leshall had left, a new event coordinator was hired which was short lived. Danielle, the catering manager, and Shell, the GM, stepped in and when we say Laurel Ridge is lucky to have them we mean it with all our heart. Danielle is one of the sweetest and most organized venue event coordinators we could've asked for. She continuously went above & beyond for us, answering every message and even verifying information that had been passed to her. Shell called us several times to see how things were going and if we needed his help. When we arrived for our weekend both were there to assist us with anything we needed and answered questions from both families. Even with the amount of rain Shell worked with the pro shop to make arrangements for the guys to be able to play golf the morning of our wedding. All in all an amazing experience with the entire Laurel Ridge staff!

Susan · Married on 03/10/2018

No one could have given us a better experience for a wedding. Laurel Ridge Country Club is the perfect venue with the most professional and accommodating staff we’ve ever seen! Danielle was an amazing wedding coordinator and there was nothing she was not totally on top of. The food and service was top-notch. The setting was so beautiful and all of our guests said it was one of the best weddings they had ever been to. We took advantage of the bridal suite and had a relaxing morning with the bridal party doing hair and makeup in a comfortable environment. We had a perfect wedding day at Laurel Ridge!

Timothy G · Married on 10/14/2017

I could never have done the job that Leshall and Laurel Ridge did for our daughters wedding. What an exceptional place to do a wedding, both the ceremony and the reception. I would recommend this venue to everyone! Timothy G. Stiles, Waynesville, NC

Jim · Married on 10/07/2017

If you are wanting a mountain wedding, Look no further . Let me start by saying that I am not the easiest person to please nor impress but Laurel Ridge met and exceeded all of our expectations. There are special occasions that occur seldom in this journey of life but when it happens on one of the most important days , well you just have to thank all involved. As all weddings the planning started early . This became a destination wedding due to the fact that approximately one third of this wonderful country was represented . Anna grew up in Charlotte but lives in Asheville now. I mentioned Laurel Ridge to her as a consideration due to the fact that I grew up in the area and had the opportunity to be included in two events at the club. We contacted Leshall Conklin and I knew within fifteen seconds I was dealing with a true professional and that her and Anna would work well together. After Anna met with Leshall there was no question that this was the perfect place and the perfect person. It was a magical wedding. The venue was absolutely breathtaking as the ceremony was held in doors . Anna wanted the backdrop of the mountains but also wanted to enter the main hall thru the two large doors as they swung open for her walk to the man of her life and dreams. The cocktail hour and reception was held in the pavilion . She had a 119 guest for a past appetizers and dinner that was crab cakes and filet mignon. The food was outstanding and I don't say that lightly. Really ,the food was fantastic . The staff super accommodative and handled every need and want. I can't say enough fine things about venue, staff, chef's and Leshall . Speaking of Leshall let me just say that she was instrumental in pulling all of the resources that Laurel Ridge has together to make a dream of my daughter come to life . The vendors she recommended from Nettie's Bakery , Larry's Florist , Tracy Waldrop photography to Zowie Music were critical to making dreams come true. Perfection !!!!!!!!

Sent on 10/24/2017

Laurel Ridge Country Club's reply:

Thank you for the kind words. It was a pleasure working with Anna and Ryan. I'm so thankful to have had them as clients, and even more grateful to call them friends. Best wishes to the happy couple! Cheers!!

Melinda · Married on 06/25/2017

Leshall went above and beyond for my wedding and I can't thank her enough!!! She was so AMAZING and is truly incredible at what she does!! She was so professional and accommodating. She was on top of everything and making sure it was perfect for my big day! She listens to what you want and makes sure it happens! I am so grateful to her, my wedding was truly a fairytale and beyond what I dreamed of! I had a destination wedding so wasn't sure who to trust for flowers, DJ, photographer, etc... Leshall had people she recommended and every single person was amazing and didn't disappoint. Thank you so much for all you do!!! You work hard and it shows! Because of you, my wedding was perfect!!!

Sharon · Married on 06/24/2017

We fell in love with Laurel Ridge Country Club when we walked through the front door a year ago to view the facility as a possible wedding venue. Once we sat down with the events coordinator, our first instincts were overwhelmingly confirmed. As I am looking back on our daughter's wedding, there is not one thing I would change. It was indeed a perfect day. Laurel Ridge is a treasure. Leshall, the Events Coordinator, is THE BEST! I could go on and on.... :)
    Sincerely, Sharon and Gary Hamrick (happy parents of the bride)

Sarah · Married on 06/24/2017

We LOVED Laurel Ridge! It was the perfect place for our wedding and all our guests had a wonderful time. Leshall, the wedding coordinator at Laurel Ridge, is absolutely phenomenal!

Kayla · Married on 06/18/2017

My husband and I instantly fell in love with this venue, not to mention Leshall is amazing! She makes sure your day goes off without a hitch; we loved every moment of our special day. If you are looking for rustic mountain beauty, look no further than Laurel Ridge. There are several different spaces to choose from for reception, and our ceremony we chose inside I front of the floor to ceiling windows. There is a beautiful spot up the golf course to take pictures with the mountains in the background. I highly recommend this venue and everything they have to offer.

Sent on 11/19/2017
    Laurel Ridge Country Club 1

Laurel Ridge Country Club's reply:

Hi Kayla, Thank you for the kind words. We are so happy to have been a part of your wedding day. Please let us know if we can do anything for you in the future. Warm regards, Leshall

Carey · Married on 05/19/2017

Our wedding at Laurel Ridge was wonderful! The coordinator was so accommodating and worked with us to make it our perfect day. The venue was beautiful, the food was delicious, and the service was top notch. Highly recommend!

Jan · Married on 03/12/2016

Absolutely the best place for a wedding and reception! The staff was wonderful to work with. Lashel went above and beyond her job duties for us before the wedding and during the reception. I was thrilled and delighted with Laurel Ridge because of Lashel.

Elsa · Married on 12/28/2015

I could not be happier with this venue. First of all, it's absolutely gorgeous and beautiful. I searched far and wide for a decently affordable venue in the Asheville area and am so glad I found Laurel Ridge! We got compliments on the dinner served, views of the mountains, architecture of the building, you name it. Danielle (our coordinator) made the day-of go amazingly smooth as well. I would have been stressed like crazy without her, but she was so in charge of everything that it put me at ease. The entire planning process with them was easy. Overall, I am so glad that we had our wedding here! Highly recommended!

Shirley · Married on 10/03/2015

When exploring venues for my daughter's wedding reception, we knew immediately upon entering Laurel Ridge Country Club that this was an ideal, unique spot for her "dream" wedding in the mountains, and indeed it was! The venue truly captured the "rustic elegant" theme my daughter was going for without feeling pretentious. The Piedmont Room provided a beautiful space for dining and dancing for our 160 guests. There was plenty of room, yet the ambiance felt intimate and cozy with decor which included antler chandeliers, fireplaces, a beautiful, carpeted dining room, hardwood dance floor, beautiful bar area leading to outdoor decks and tables, and walls of tall windows overlooking the golf course. The food was fabulous (everything we tried during the "taste test" phase of planning was delicious) and reasonably priced. The staff and service were top-notch. A special shout-out to the Events Coordinator, Leshall, who was as invested as we were in making our reception memorable. She was truly professional, accommodating, and responsive. We would not have changed one thing! This venue will not disappoint. It's gorgeous!
    (Mother of the Bride)

Sent on 04/07/2016

Laurel Ridge Country Club's reply:

Shirley, Thank you for your kind words. We are so happy to have been a part of Erin and Parker's wedding. Best wishes to you and your family. Leshall

I wish there was an extra start for each of these services. They were truly an incredible group of people to work with. We have been planning for over a year and have been working with them since May of 2014 and picking Laurel Ridge was the best decision I made during my entire wedding planning process. Lashelle (event coordinator) and Danielle (food and drink coordinator) worked endlessly to make sure our big day was beyond perfect. Every single detail was put into place by these ladies. They worked hands on with my other vendors. Everything was organized, classic, and beautiful. They truly make you feel like all of the stress if off your shoulders.

The locker rooms and bridal suite are perfect places to get ready and get those special pre ceremony shots. We were also able to get lunch catered that day from the country club and the food was rave worthy as to be expected.

The food for lunch was also very reasonably priced as was the dinner. I feel like we got a great deal for all of our food. GO FOR THE STUFFED MUSHROOMS! All of my guests came up to me after dinner complementing the food and the venue.

I really can not rave about this staff enough, my family and I were so lucky to have had them on my wedding day. They held everything together and made us feel so comfortable. Our day was perfect because they made it so :)

Sent on 06/30/2015

Laurel Ridge Country Club's reply:

Elizabeth, We are so very happy to have been a part of your big day. Your family and friends were so much fun and we really appreciate your kind words. I will pass along your review to the staff of Laurel Ridge. Best wishes to you and your husband, Leshall

Kristy · Married on 05/23/2015

I was looking for venues and needed one quickly because we decided to plan a small wedding in 5 months. The venue was the most difficult part. I happened to stumble upon this wonderful country club in Waynesville. From the moment we stepped in to look at the venue, we were floored. This place is beautiful! It had that rustic feel and you get the gorgeous mountain views. This was the first place we looked at and the last. We knew this was the perfect place to have our wedding. Not only was the location beautiful, but it was very affordable. We had our ceremony and reception here, which made everything much easier. They also had a great suite area for the bridal party to get ready. They had pretty much everything we would need. All we had to do was rent chair covers. They even had some decor that I was able to use for the wedding. The staff was also fantastic. Leshall, the coordinator, helped us throughout the process and was a joy to work with. She made everything sure everything for our day was the way we wanted it to be. The food was also great. They have many different choices to choose from. I cannot thank Leshall, and everyone at Laurel Ridge Country Club enough for helping to make our day special. Thank you so much! I highly recommend this venue! To this day, I still have family and friends that talk about our wedding and how much they loved the venue and the food. So, if you choose Laurel Ridge, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 02/27/2016

Laurel Ridge Country Club's reply:

Kristy, Thank you for the kind words. We are so happy for you and Lance. Many blessings to you both. Best regards from Leshall and the Laurel Ridge Staff

Elizabeth · Married on 05/03/2015

The venue was perfect and exactly what I had envisioned for a rustic/elegant wedding! The team was also very helpful and sweet! I don't know what I would have done without Leshell and everything that she did to make our special day so perfect!

Allie · Married on 10/11/2014

LRCC was the first place we viewed for a potential wedding site. After walking in those massive wood front doors, and seeing the large wooden dance floor and 3 story windows, we knew we were already done looking. LRCC is one of the most beautiful mountain clubs I have ever seen and we knew from the first 5 minutes this would be where we have our wedding and reception.
    Danielle and the rest of the staff made sure our wedding day was seamless, fun, and unforgettable. They were accommodating and understanding with my special requests.
    There are so many options LRCC has to offer when it comes to ceremony and reception sites. We chose to have our reception in the main clubhouse with our wedding on the lawn. Even though it rained, we had a perfect backup plan in the pavilion with a lighted fireplace.
    I cannot wait to come back to LRCC in one year. It quickly became one of my favorite places to be in the mountains. I would highly recommend anyone looking for a wedding venue to look at LRCC. I don't think it will disappoint.

Sent on 12/01/2014

Laurel Ridge Country Club's reply:

Allie, Thank you for the kind words. The Laurel Ridge staff is very pleased to have been a part of your special day. The picturesque landscapes of the Smoky Mountains make for wonderful memories shared by you and your family. We are so glad you chose our venue. Best wishes and many more happy memories. Laurel Ridge Staff

Nicole · Married on 08/30/2014

My now Husband and I are from Florida and we knew we wanted a destination wedding. We both love the mountains so choosing NC was a no brainier for our wedding. We got engaged in NC and knew we didn't have much time to go back and forth to pick a wedding venue. So the day after we got engaged we visited a couple of places in the Waynesville area for a wedding spot. Laurel Ridge was the 3rd Place we visited and Joe and I looked at each other as we walked through the door and said this is the place we can call and tell all the others no. Danielle and the Laurel Ridge staff made our wedding such an amazing experience. The venue is amazing and the pictures are outstanding. I cant thank them enough for making our wedding planning experience such a breeze. Everything from the food to the service was just above and beyond. Our guests are still calling us and bragging about how amazing the venue was and all of the staff. I would recommend this venue to everyone if you are thinking of a mountain wedding this is the place!

Cayli · Married on 07/05/2014

The team at Laurel Ridge was WONDERFUL to work with! They were incredibly helpful, easy to work with, friendly and gracious. The venue is beautiful and provided for all of our needs and then some. We had a wedding of over 200 people, and the Pavilion comfortably fit everyone with a dance floor, and provided a great atmosphere! The food is outstanding, and our guests couldn't stop talking about the beauty of the location. Hands down the best value in the area!

My wedding reception at Laurel Ridge was wonderful. I wouldn't of had it any other way. Danielle and the staff made sure everything was set up perfectly and Chef Al made a wonderful southern meal! There was no alcohol at my wedding and the staff went out of their way to make a very nice beverage station on the bar. I would definitely recommend having your wedding here!

Lori · Married on 05/25/2013

We could not have asked for more cooperation, flexibility or "southern hospitality" from the staff at Laurel Ridge Country Club! Our wedding was beautiful, and the covered pavilion with the fireplace and lit candles added to the ambience. If you want your wedding night to be remembered for years as one beautiful night filled with love and laughter then Laurel Ridge Country Club is the venue for you. They were spectacular every step of the way!

Haley · Married on 10/06/2012

These people are specializing in weddings & private events. They have all info on property to book florist order cake and ect.... It saves so much time. They know who to use and who not to....couldn't have been better....

Marge · event on: 08/29/2013

HRMC Foundation has their annual golf tournament each year at Laurel Ridge Country Club. The staff does a wonderful job to make the tournament a success. In the past, lunch was provided by another vendor. Last year the golfers were pleased with the lunch they provided.

Debi · Married on 06/25/2017

What an incredible venue and staff! Leshall helped us plan the perfect wedding for our daughter. Family and friends had nothing but compliments and praise. We were told by many it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever attended! We were truly able to enjoy the wedding and all our guests! Thank you to all the hard working staff at Laurel Ridge!!
    Bart and Debi

• Ben & Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 05/27/2018

The venue was incredible, the grounds are maintained beautifully. The setting is perfect, the food was incredible and they were very accommodating and flexible. The bartenders were not overly friendly but they were efficient, there was never a long wait for guests to get drinks. This place will always be special and they made our wedding day unforgettable!