Laura Stokes Harpist Reviews

54 | Baltimore, MD

54 Reviews for Laura Stokes Harpist

Leah · Married on 04/21/2018

A truly timeless sound! We could not imagine our wedding any other way. Laura set the mood for a lovely afternoon of enjoying the company of family and friends. She is too humble for her unbelievable talent. Check her out on YouTube or on her website. We were sold at the first song.

Jennifer · Married on 08/19/2017

I knew from the moment I got engaged that I wanted to walk down the aisle to a live harp; my Aunt walked down the aisle to one and it is forever ingrained in my heart as the most perfect way to get married. I initially found Laura through a google search and then my wedding planner confirmed that she was amazing. We communicated via email and the process was seamless. I sent her a list of songs from her website and she filled in the “gaps” with similar music for our prelude. While I did not get to meet Laura officially on my wedding day (she only played the ceremony) I will forever remember her music - I walked down the aisle to Louis Armstrong - What a Wonderful World. Her talent is undeniable and it really made my ceremony perfect. I would instantly recommend Laura to anyone looking for a classic, beautiful way to enter into your wedding ceremony.

Sebastian · Married on 07/08/2017

Laura was great! Even while she was in the middle of moving she kept in touch with all the details and planning. She played wonderfully during the ceremony and played some special requests during the reception. The guests were very happy with her rendition of some of our favorites!

Patti · Married on 06/24/2017

Laura was wonderful and easy to work with. She really made our ceremony and cocktail hour so special. She is an amazing musician, and her harp is as beautiful to look as it is to listen to. It was really such a classy touch to our wedding, and would highly recommend her!

Jayme · Married on 06/03/2017

We were married June 3, 2017 in an outside evening ceremony at Mt. Washington Mill - Dye House in Baltimore, Maryland. Laura's sound and presence was perfect for our classic, industrial and urban setting. She plays beautifully and definitely made our ceremony perfect! She also played as guests arrived. I would highly recommend Laura on all levels!

Erika · Married on 05/27/2017

Laura was AMAZING at our wedding! The day was such a blur but I knew I didn't have to worry at all about Laura. I gave her a genre of music my husband and I liked and one song for the entrance. She played beautifully and was so professional!

Erika · Married on 05/27/2017

Laura did an absolutely BEAUTIFUL job at our wedding in May 2017. Her repertoire is excellent and she was so easy to work with! She asked what kind of music we wanted and I just said "impressionist" and she worked with it! She was professional, sweet, and most importantly, played beautifully. HIGHLY recommend her for any event!!

Erin · Married on 05/06/2017

Laura was great and executed our music choices perfectly!

Diane · Married on 03/03/2017

Laura provided the perfect ambiance for our George Peabody Wedding. We knew we wanted the beautiful harp to play during our ceremony, but we weren't sure exactly what songs. Laura sent us long lists of everything she plays (both classic and modern) and it made it easier for us to decide. In the end, we even added a song she didn't have in her list, and she learned it and played it for us. We decided we'd also like a violin to accompany her and she provided someone she worked with regularly so it wasn't any extra work for us to organize. She was professional and talented and made my ceremony sound exactly as I had always dreamed.

Mandy · Married on 02/25/2017

Laura was great! Her music was beautiful and she was willing to play/learn different songs!

Kara · Married on 10/16/2016

Laura Stokes did an excellent job at our ceremony. She played a beautiful version of Pachelbel’s Canon that I truly enjoyed walking down to and my husband was happy to have the option in choosing a sentimental song for he and the bridal party to walk down to. Many of our guests complimented Laura and her playing and our families appreciated the sentimental songs (choices that we had because she has a diverse repertoire). She was truly a pleasure and a high note in our ceremony.

• Allison

Allison · Married on 10/09/2016

Laura was such a phenomenal addition to our wedding. Her playing was beautiful and added so much to the magic of our ceremony. Even better, she took the time to learn a new song to play for us as we walked back down the aisle hand in hand as husband and wife. It was the perfect touch, and her playing was so well-done, we could hardly help singing to one another as we walked! If you're looking for a harpist, Laura is a phenomenal choice.

• Y

Yara · Married on 08/20/2016

Laura was wonderful to work with and even interpreted a modern song beautifully on harp and cello for our ceremony. Would highly recommend her!

Sarah · Married on 08/13/2016

Laura was extremely responsive to my special song requests and helpful with song selections when I wasn't quite sure what exactly I wanted for different parts of the ceremony. Her music set the perfect ambiance for my wedding. I highly recommend her.

Beautiful playing, my guests loved it. Laura was very accommodating, playing for me on a holiday and lots of wonderful songs to choose from. Would highly recommend her for any event!

Mu · Married on 07/02/2016

Laura did a wonderful job on our wedding. She and her band played instrumentals so professionally that guests were amazed by that the classical music worked so well with our wedding venue - the peabody music institute library. It was a great experience working with Laura. I highly recommend her.

Julia · Married on 05/21/2016

Laura Stokes and a flutist played during the cocktail hour of my niece's wedding reception in the Peabody Library (Baltimore, MD). The music was well-selected and beautifully played, and both performers were professional in every way. I highly recommend them.

Laura was awesome for my wedding day. I had very little to do as she handled everything in terms of finding music and making me feel like she had everything under control. She was timely and completed the job as we discussed.

Lindsay · Married on 11/07/2015

I never got to meet Laura but I am so happy with the service she provided. Our wedding music was beautiful. We talked on the phone about a few songs I had in mind and she recommended a few others to fill the time for what we wanted. Other than that we communicated by email and she is very responsive. She was also very willing to learn new songs on the harp and did everything we asked of her. The harp sounded really really beautiful in the church. I would highly recommend Laura! She made the process very painless and she was great to work with.

Sophia · Married on 10/10/2015

If your looking to add elegant romance and a classic touch , look no more. Laura Stokes is a very talented Harpist. I first met her at a friends wedding 11/15/14, she was playing as guest arrived and through the procession. I immediately knew that when I got married, I needed to have her part of my wedding . Just a few weeks later I was engaged and she was the first vendor I booked after the venue. From beginning to end it was a seamless process, I ended up booking her for the ceremony and cocktail hour. I was beyond pleased & my guests were wowed! Her website includes samples of her performances, check her out.

Theresa · Married on 10/03/2015

Laura was amazing. We had some serious challenges with a hurricane deciding to show up when my daughter's wedding was taking place in our backyard! We had some last minute location changes (i.e., the wedding was outside - then she played for our cocktail hour as well). Her Harp had to be moved twice which is no easy feat, especially with the weather. She was more than accommodating. Laura was friendly, professional and just a pleasure to deal with. I would highly recommend her to anyone and everyone for your wedding. Our other daughter is getting married this coming September, and she's first on my list to book for that as well!

Kate · Married on 09/27/2015

Laura was such a joy to work with! From the very beginning she was pleasant and very professional. She worked with my fiancé and I throughout the whole wedding process, and was more than open to all of my music suggestions and preferences! Laura made sure to check in often, and even learned a few songs she didn't know to play throughout my ceremony and reception! She was the only musician we had at our wedding, and I wouldn't have wanted it any other way! She's a wonderful harpist and I had so many guests come up to me afterwards and compliment me for choosing her! I highly recommend!

Samantha · Married on 09/05/2015

Laura's music was simply beautiful ! It is a sound that I will forever remember and I am so happy that we used her for our wedding. She made the entire process simple and easy. I would highly recommended her, as she is reasonably priced and an absolute pleasure to work with. Thank you so much for blessing us with your beautiful music during our ceremony and happy hour, it completely captured the mood we were expecting for our wedding!

Jennifer · Married on 08/29/2015

Laura played the harp before and after our wedding ceremony, and we couldn't be happier! Laura is an extremely talented musician, as well as an excellent vendor. She was very easy to deal with and responded within one day to any questions I had for her. We chose a mixture of classical music with contemporary for our wedding, but Laura provides a large selection of songs on her website, and invites her clients to choose whatever music they want. I had many compliments from our guests on Laura's music during our wedding. My only regret was, as the bride, I didn't get a chance to meet Laura in person to thank her for the fantastic job she did for our wedding. THANK YOU LAURA!!!!

Laura provided the most beautiful musical program for our wedding ceremony and reception. She helped us design the song list and even worked on a new arrangement of one of our favorite songs. She is wonderfully talented and personally a joy to work with. My husband and I and our guests were very impressed by the music, how Laura presented herself and of course her beautiful harp. All in all a great experience we'll remember forever.