Laura Nicholas Artistry Reviews

14 | Clifton Heights, PA

14 Reviews for Laura Nicholas Artistry

Hannah · Married on 09/14/2019

Loved working with Laura!

Laura was wonderful and easy to work with right from the beginning. She was super flexible when setting up my hair trial and fitting/modifying a hairpiece that I wanted to use for my wedding. She styled 9 women the day-of, and every hairstyle held GREAT throughout the day! Laura is upbeat, professional, and fun to work with!

Sent on 09/23/2019

Morgan · Married on 08/17/2019

Make-up and hair artist

Excellent! My hair and make-up for my wedding was perfect!!

Sent on 09/04/2019

Colleen · Married on 07/06/2019

Wedding Hair and Makeup

Laura was amazing! The entire experience was incredible and she was extremely easy to work with right from the beginning. She styled myself, my two bridesmaids, and my mother and every hairstyle survived the 100 degree weather and humidity. Overall was a great experience!!

Sent on 10/22/2019

Steve D · Married on 03/10/2019

True Artistry

I recommend using Laura and no one else for your wedding day. Laura provides amazing service and attention to detail. If you’re looking for an amazing make up artist for you and your bridal party, book with Laura Nicholas Artistry now.

Sent on 09/16/2019

Jaclyn · Married on 09/15/2018

Laura was extremely responsive and very easy to work with! On time and prepared on wedding day, set up quickly and worked straight through the day! The bridesmaids and I were all pleased with all of the hair and makeup outcomes. Last but not least Laura is very down to earth and made the planning process painless!

Sent on 09/19/2018

Megan · Married on 06/01/2018

Laura was awesome! She was always quick to answer questions leading up to my event and was very flexible with hair and makeup the day of the event. She did an amazing job and I would definitely recommend!

Sent on 06/11/2018
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Robinson · Married on 06/17/2017

Bridal Party Hair and Makeup

Laura is an amazingly talented individual who truly brings your vision to reality. She is nothing short of 100% professional. Laura was the first one on scene for our wedding day, she even arrived before myself and my bridesmaids! She listened to all of our request and went above and beyond to meet them. I've recommended Laura to friends and family members and they have been nothing but pleased with her services. Thank you Laura for always making me feel and look beautiful!

Sent on 12/05/2018

jaime · Married on 04/15/2017

Great experience

Laura was very professional and very easy to chat with... she did my hair and makeup and both looked great. I would use her again and would also recommend her services.

Sent on 01/16/2019

Amanda Rahz · Married on 03/16/2014

Wedding Perfection

Laura did an outstanding job on my hair and makeup for my wedding. She was gentle during the updo and flawless on making my makeup look natural. Highly recommend her services!

Sent on 09/18/2019
  • Dana

Dana · Married on 09/29/2012

Amazing, professional Service!

Laura arrived at my home, on time and with passion! She understood the mood and energy i wanted for my shoot (Architectural Digest Magazine/Editorial) which was so important to me and she took over from there. We communicated before the 'big day' about colors and shared looks, pre-shoot. When she arrived, she had everything. All I had to do was sit there and allow her 1 hour to work her magic. She did. Laura was warm, compassionate and positive... The energy I needed to make me feel and look perfect.

Sent on 01/16/2020

Amanda · Married on 03/17/2012

Wedding Hair & Makeup

I reached out Laura as my sister and I were bridesmaids for a wedding and just wanted to get ready at my house, very low key.
    Laura let me know well in advance that she was already doing hair and makeup for another wedding, but scheduled one of her stylists for the day of. Marisa, was amazing! She was on time, extremely helpful with picking out makeup colors and hair styles.
    My sister and I were thrilled with the whole experience. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 09/04/2019

Stephanie · Married on 10/05/2019

She did an amazing job and is great at what she does!

Laura was so awesome. She was very flexible and was willing to do whatever I asked for. She did a fabulous job with my hair and makeup!

Sent on 10/29/2019

Nora · Married on 09/02/2018

4.2
      3.0

Good experience!

Laura is good at what she does, and she was flexible about pricing!

Sent on 11/01/2018

Janie · Married on 10/05/2019

1.4
      3.0
      1.0

Arriving late for wedding prep!

If you will need to be sticking to a time frame, you’d do best not to hire this hair and makeup vendor. I contracted for 2 girls – 1 hair and 1 makeup. Both were supposed to be at the venue, set up, and ready for their first appointments by 9:30.
    The hair tech got there at 9:45 – ready to cut by 10 –so was 30 minutes behind schedule. The makeup tech got there at 10 and - ready by 10:15 – so was 45 minutes behind schedule.
    When the photographer and videographer got there at 1:00 – they had to stand around to wait for the last girl to be done with makeup before they could start with pictures.
    I don't think it was too much to expect, to have them show up on time. especially for the $80/job that I paid for them to come. Laura said she offers “no compensation” when I asked. It's definitely not a professional way to run a business.
    the hair and makeup jobs were fine. but being late affects 4 of the 5 categories – quality of service, professionalism, value, flexibility.

Also, be sure to ask what the TOTAL due will be. Laura adds in travel fees and a processing fee. She should state this upfront, but doesn't.

Sent on 10/15/2019

Laura Nicholas Artistry's reply:

Janie,
    Thank you for taking the time to review us on Wedding Wire. We completely understand your frustration and deeply apologize for the experience you had with us. There is no excuse for lateness, my stylist and makeup artist were dealt with accordingly. Having said that, they did their job to the fullest making sure to deliver the quality standard set and getting everyone ready for this big day. We did our best accommodating these services with a short window/time frame and against our recommendation to only having one girl stylist/artist you insisted on two. Needless to say those are not excuses but do have to be taken into consideration. We understand that this can be a very stressful day but we have to be fair and offering a refund for lateness in THIS situation would not be fair. However, as said numerous times we greatly appreciate you booking with us, as discussed before we wanted to send you a gift in the mail for your troubles regarding the lateness (at which you refused), this gesture still stands and you will receive something shortly.
    Laura Nicholas Artistry, LLC.