Laura Clare Reviews

Laura Clare 3
Laura Clare 4
Laura Clare 5

Marcia · Married on 08/27/2011

Laura Clare is AMAZING!! From the moment we met, I knew she was exactly who I wanted to work on my wedding design. She took my vision and made it a hundred times better! The centerpieces were spectacular, it left me speechless when I walked into the reception room. The linens she recommended were beyond perfect. And I could not stop starring at my bouquet and everything else she created. WOW!! She made the entire venue sparkle with style and elegance. So professional and flexible with all my request for changes. AND she came back after midnight to breakdown the rentals during a hurricane...now that is dedication! I HIGHLY recommend working with Laura Clare if you want the wedding of your dreams to become reality.

Sent on 10/25/2011
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 08/06/2011

Laura Clare made our wedding day memorable, exquisite, and beautiful. Despite the rain and having to move the ceremony inside, the flowers looked beautiful. I am still receiving compliments on the decor and the table arrangements. I was in awe of the absolutely amazing bridesmaids bouquet and my bouquet. I asked Laura Clare to make everything a surprise and she went above and beyond my expectations. I keep looking at the pictures of our flowers from our special day. Laura Clare was extremely easy to work with and communicate with on a frequent basis. If you want your flowers and event decor done right,Laura Clare is the girl.

Sent on 08/13/2011

Dina · Married on 05/14/2011

laura did an amazing job at our wedding. the centerpieces were absolutely breathtaking and exactly what we were looking for. laura was very accomodating during our planning process, took on some last minute requests of ours, and even went out of her way the day of the wedding, after all the set up and delivery was completed, to rush over an extra flower we needed at the last minute. she's a beautiful person inside and out.

Sent on 05/26/2011

Alexis · Married on 10/24/2009

From the moment I met Laura, I knew my wedding would be spectacular! While I had a color palette for my October wedding in my head, Laura helped bring that vision to reality. She coordinated my tastes and made wonderful recommendations. On my wedding day, everyone I know commented on how gorgeous the flowers were and wanted to know what florist I had used. If there was a rating higher than a five, Laura Clare Design would have easily earned it for their friendliness, professionaliam, and all around impeccable work.

Sent on 08/12/2010

Erin · Married on 07/24/2009

Beautiful flowers! Such a creative eye for arranging them as well.

Sent on 08/15/2010

Erika · Married on 06/20/2009

Excellent quality, service and style. I really enjoyed working with Laura Clare. Laura's work and her attention to detail really made the decor at our wedding beautiful. I give her my highest recommendation!

Sent on 06/28/2009

KimLi · Married on 10/22/2005

Excellent work. We were impressed and loved our flowers. We knew she did great work but it really was exceptional.

Sent on 02/11/2009

Kii · Married on 10/08/2005

The Flowers from Laura Clare made our wedding!

Sent on 08/30/2010

Teresa · Married on 05/27/2012

Jennifer from Laura Clare was amazing! I had visited several florists for my wedding but none of them actually listened to what I wanted, until I met Jennifer. She had some great ideas for my tropical theme and actually listened to my thoughts and wishes. Jennifer was enthusiastic and great to work with. She was honest that it may take her time to respond to my emails due to the season but I really respected her honesty. On the day of the wedding, she delivered all of the flowers in a timely manner and did a fantastic job setting everything up. The bouquets were gorgeous, full and colorful which is exactly what I wanted. The flowers looked incredible and I received so many compliments on the flowers as well as the color scheme. I was most happy and excited to see the flowers on the escort card table. The centerpiece was exactly as I had pictured it would look. For the flowers that were on the corners of the escort card table I asked Jennifer to come up with something that fit the centerpiece. I was so happy to see what she did. It looked so incredible! My guests took the flowers home after the wedding and many people told me the flowers lasted for a very long time. My aunt told me one of the flowers actually lasted for almost two weeks, and that was without water! I would highly recommend Laura Clare and would love to work with them again if given the opportunity.

Sent on 06/21/2012

Christine · Married on 09/05/2014

My wedding flowers and décor were beautiful and I could not have been happier with how it all turned out. Laura is an absolute joy to work with, she could not have been nicer and more accommodating. She took the time to visit the venue with me and made adjustments and tweaks to the décor plan to ensure that everything was executed perfectly. She is a true professional and really cares about her clients.

Sent on 10/09/2014
  • Zoey

Zoey · Married on 08/19/2012

WOW!!!! what can I say Laura Clare Designs was amazing.... Jennifer was wonderful she made sure my day was amazing and she meet my every needs!!!!!

Sent on 10/26/2012

Julia · Married on 05/19/2012

I was so happy to have found Jen and Laura Clare! Jen was wonderful and so creative - she really ran with our rustic theme and venue, and made everything so chic and beautiful. Everything just worked so organically well together, and she really saw eye-to-eye with what I had envisioned.

All our guests came up to us during or afterwards and commented on the elements and how gorgeous the flowers were. I loved the bouquets and boutonnieres they created - so perfect and different!

I only dinged them a little bit due to responsiveness. It took a little while for my emails to get a response, but that's the only minor complaint I had.

Sent on 06/05/2012

Amy · Married on 04/21/2012

Laura was so sweet to work with, and she really knows her stuff! It was a pleasure working with her, and all of our flowers were amazing.

Sent on 05/01/2012

Donna · Married on 07/11/2010

So wonderful to work with laura- everything looked just beautiful!

Sent on 01/05/2011

Kii · Married on 10/08/2008

This florist was AMAZING. I knew that I wanted something unique and different, I didn't want the typical large bouquet of roses because that is not my style. I had a fall wedding and the flowers and decor that she did was beyond anything I could have expected. Even the food and beverage director asked if he could get the name of my florist because he had never seen the venue look like that before, and we had our wedding at a private club in New York City! All of the details came together from the hanging votives in amber cones of glass to the exotic flowers that a typical florist would not have used, even the table linens and the chair covers!

I looked at a couple of other florists based on some recommendations, including some very high end ones and her stuff just seemed to stand out to me. And she was so down to earth and approachable and no question was silly and it was never a bother for me to call her. With some of the other high end florists I got the impression that I would be lucky to have them be my florist as opposed to other way around. She wasn't the least expensive of my options but wasn't the most expensive either and I honestly can't imagine the ones that were crazy expensive having done a better job. I only rated cost as four star instead of a five star because my husband still has a hard time believing that flowers cost more than $100, but it was worth every penny. Everybody always says that flowers make the event and I believe it more than ever. I spent more on the flowers than on my dress, and for me, it was totally worth it!

The arrangements that we used not only doubled partially as favors but lasted for well over a week and the little vases that they were in were decorated so nicely that I've put a couple of other small plants in them.

I just can't say enough about how happy I was with the way it looked, it was beyond beautiful, and I haven't seen anything like it before or since.

Sent on 02/13/2009

Patricia · Married on 05/17/2014

Laura was lovely to work with and completely understood my vision and color scheme.

Sent on 05/21/2014

Two weeks before our wedding in September 2013, we decided to switch florists and go with Laura Clare. We have no regrets. She handled our last minute order with professionalism and gave it her utmost attention and care. We asked for an English garden look to the arrangements and she delivered, she worked with our budget and she was always professional. The proof is that in all the pictures I’ve seen of the wedding so far, the flowers look magnificent. Laura is more than a florist – she is an artist - and I know this review is full of superlatives but I mean when I say that the flowers were top quality and beautifully designed.

Sent on 10/02/2013

Carla · Married on 08/29/2008

3.0

During our first meeting with Laura Clare, it was evident that they understood the picture I had painted in my head and was attempting to describe to them. Since I don't have an extensive knowledge of flowers, they were able to pinpoint exactly the type, colors and kinds of arrangements that I had imagined. They took my ideas and made them into elegant, gorgeous classy arrangements. I LOVED my bouquet--it was lush and vibrant and so fresh. When we met with Jennifer at Laura Clare a few weeks before the wedding, she was so wonderful about going through our whole proposal and helping us to rework the centerpieces. She made a few changes that made all the difference and she made us feel so at ease and comfortable that everything would be taken care of. I felt totally calm knowing that as our ceremony was happening, they were at our reception venue working away! They also even decorated our cake and it came out beautifully. Laura Clare is truly a top notch florist--you can be sure you are getting the highest quality in flowers and service with this company!

Sent on 02/09/2009

Katalyn · Married on 05/27/2018

2.0

Laura took my dreams and made them a reality on a tight budget. She made everything way nicer than expected, was very flexible when it came to arranging centerpieces and using greenery more than blooms. My bouquet, the bridesmaids' bouquets and the boutonnierres were gorgeous and I plan on preserving mine. I just really loved how she used delicate greenery to highlight the beauty of our evening spring wedding. The pictures we have seen from our photographer so far show us how lovely everything was at both the church and our reception venue. So happy with how everything turned out.

Sent on 06/02/2018

Christine · Married on 10/14/2017

Laura provided the flowers for my daughter's bridal shower and reception. My daughter wanted a tea party theme, so we provided teapots for the shower and Laura and her team created the centerpieces. Everyone at the shower commented on how lovely the centerpieces were. The flowers lasted almost a month! She was also willing to work with my daughter on her vision for her reception centerpieces. They were just as she envisioned them! Due to the location of the wedding, we had to use a different florist for the bridal bouquet and bridesmaids flowers. After seeing what the other florist created (they were lovely and appropriate for the wedding theme) I would definitely have used Laura for the bridal bouquet and bridesmaids flowers. She was so easy to work with, and gave us wonderful ideas for the reception. I would highly recommend her for any event!

Laura Clare 6
    Sent on 10/29/2017

Jennifer · Married on 08/23/2015

My husband and I got married on August 23rd, 2015 and used Laura Clare as our floral designer. She created our bouquets and boutonnieres along with the tablescapes for the reception and a beautiful escort card table. We loved everything and our guests could not stop talking about how gorgeous the flowers were. Laura embraced our vision and was a joy to work with. We highly recommend Laura Clare and would definitely use her in the future!

Sent on 02/19/2016

Kat · Married on 05/27/2018

4.2
      2.0

Laura created exactly what I had envisioned for the bridal party, my bouquet and the centerpieces. She did absolutely stunning work, based on all our conversations and me showing her my Pinterest clippings. I'm so in love with my bouquet that I kept it and plan on drying it and preserving it. Her florals and decor are elegant and tasteful. She is also very warm and personable. It may take several emails or texts to hear back from her, but she will give you the wedding of your dreams once the lines of communication are open. It helps that she has a Hoboken office in case Bernardsville is too far away for brides in Northern NJ

Sent on 06/02/2018

Stephanie · Married on 05/15/2010

2.0

The flowers were beautiful and the designs were sophisticated. Laura and her staff listened to my ideas and preferences, and came to me with creative ideas that were in line with what I was hoping to achieve. Her pricing is excellent and the execution was flawless (or if it wasn't, my guests and I couldn't tell). That said, don't expect a lot of flexibility with respect to timing meetings -- if you're not really into micromanging the creative process and don't require too much face time, Laura Clare is unbeatable.

Sent on 08/11/2010

3.0

We used Laura Clare for our wedding and I have to say, I was disappointed in the final product. We had worked with Laura quite a bit before the wedding, even providing an outline of our vision and ideas and discussing what the day would look. She even offered ideas that we were really excited about. We were feeling really comfortable with Laura and thought she'd be the last vendor we'd have to worry about. A week before the wedding, I found out that Laura herself wouldn't be coming to set up, which I was surprised about because the entire time during the planning process, there was no discussion of this. I was a little frustrated because I never spoke with anyone except Laura and I thought that there would be details lost in translation. As frustrated as I was though, I didn't worry because I was confident in the conversations that we had throughout the entire planning process. I'm not sure what happened between our conversations and the creation of our order, but all the girls' bouquets except the maid of honor's and all of the boutonnieres were just wrong. When the flowers arrived at the location I was speechless. I asked the individual who was making the delivery for the petals for the flower girl basket and she said she left them at the reception venue for me... The alter pieces at the ceremony were beautiful and those we were very pleased with. The floral arrangements on our reception tables were not exactly what we discussed, but still beautiful. None of the flowers we received were dying or wilted, but it just wasn't our vision. Our vision was clearly presented and discussed and we thought it was understood. I reminded myself that the flowers weren't the most important part of the day and the day of, it didn't bother me. After the fact, however, I may have chosen a different florist if I had read of an experience like mine though.

Sent on 09/30/2014

0.8
      0.5
      1.0

Laura Clare Design provided the flowers for my wedding earlier this month. Despite the fact that I met with Sam (one of her employees who was wonderful) and made some changes to my proposal for the wedding she created ALL of the flowers based on an OLD proposal. This means that many of the flowers for my wedding were INCORRECT! I only found out that many flowers were wrong after she had already dropped them off at the venue. There was nothing I could do at that point. It was so disappointing as I truly felt Laura was a wonderful creative person who was organized. Not so!

Also, the actual flowers she provided were not quality flowers (i.e. the flowers on the end of the aisles at our ceremony were small, wilted, and pathetic looking before the ceremony even started!). Keep in mind this ceremony was not in the heat...so I'm not sure why they were so wilted. I almost took them down and threw them away they looked so bad!

Laura also takes her time in responding to you. I'd often have to send a second email before I got a response. Not great customer service when you're trying to plan a wedding and are spending over $3000 in flowers.

My advice: stay away!! You can get nicer floral arrangements at a better price elsewhere!

Sent on 12/01/2013

Laura Clare's reply:

When you have worked as hard as I have over the past 14 years to be a conscientious and compassionate floral designer, it is hard to read- let alone respond to this review. I will say that I strive to deliver the highest standard of service and quality possible. If I fall short of this goal and it is brought to my attention I will handle it with integrity and professionalism. Laura Clare, owner