Laura Chapin Photography Reviews

36 | Saint Petersburg, FL

36 Reviews for Laura Chapin Photography

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Sarah · Married on 10/21/2013

Laura was amazing! She had great control of the guests which was definitely needed at our wedding, and as a result, we have some wonderful photos. Laura has great ideas and excellent value for money....cannot recommend her enough!

Sent on 05/13/2015

Alex · Married on 06/14/2013

Laura and her husband were outstanding! We couldn't be happier with the quality of service that they provided. They made our night perfect!

Sent on 06/15/2013

Marlene · Married on 12/08/2012

Anyone planning a wedding knows the stress of planning such an event. As the mother of the bride, I wanted the day to be everything my daughter and her fiancé imagined. Choosing the right photographer is one of the most important decisions you must make. Photographs that can only be done once and they must be done perfectly. That is what lead us to Laura Chapin Photography.

When we met with Laura and John, we were able to see the quality of their work and were impressed with their professionalism and expertise. My daughter had a large wedding party - 10 bridesmaids and 7 groomsmen - making it important to have someone who was able to direct and deal with such a large group with ease. Both Laura and John were able to handle the situation to perfection! We chose to do "First Look" photographs which meant that a lot of the group shots were done prior to the actual ceremony. I am so thankful that we did that; the bride and groom to actually had time to enjoy the reception and the guests were not waiting forever for the photographer to finish after the ceremony. Of course there were shots that were done following the ceremony, but it allowed everyone extra time to celebrate rather than pose. Laura followed through the ceremony and into the reception and captured all the moments without detracting from the celebration. She took so many shots that I am not sure how we can chose which ones not to include! I would highly recommend them as a wedding photographer. I am sure that we made the right choice and can't express in words how grateful I am to Laura and John for the hard work they did and what a wonderful job they did! She even had a photographer on the roof of the hotel and captured "aerial shots" of the ceremony!

If you are looking for a fantastic wedding photographer, give Laura a call! She will not disappoint you!

Thank you Laura!!!!

Marlene Leffson, Mother of the Bride
    Rebecca and Shane, December 8, 2012, Grand Plaza Hotel, St Pete Beach, FL

Sent on 12/21/2012

Jessica · Married on 10/13/2012

Laura and her team were wonderful! She was able to get photos of all aspects of the day--from getting ready, close-ups of the rings/important details, the ceremony, and all the friends and family at my reception. She was quick to post proofs on her website for me to view. The photobook she put together as part of my package was such a nice quality--a great way to re-live the day. I appreciated her energy and enthusiasm, and would highly recommend her! Thanks, Laura!

Sent on 12/22/2012

Judy · Married on 08/11/2012

AMAZING!!!! That is the only word to describe our experience with Laura and John. The wedding pictures and rehearsal dinner pictures were phenomenal. The wedding photo album and the included photo storybook captured our special day in the most amazing way.

Laura and John went above and beyond in so many ways to ensure that our wedding was a special day, and that those special moments were captured. Laura provided a lot of great photo recommendations for our pictures on the beach, and always listened to what we wanted; fulfilled custom requests and was both professional and friendly throughout our experience.

These photographers excel at not only the great candid moments, but also capturing whatever style you may be looking for: photo-journalism style, portraits or classic shots. They truly capture the wedding story, and their follow-through after the wedding is just phenomenal. I cannot say enough good things about our wedding photograph experience. Definitely one of the best and easiest decisions in our wedding!!!!!

Laura and John were always fast to respond to our questions throughout the wedding planning. They worked great with all of our other vendors, and came highly recommended from the other vendors. Laura and John were truly a blessing to an out of town bride planning a destination beach wedding. Our pictures look natural, beautiful, and captured the true emotion of the moments of my wedding.

Judy and Jim

Sent on 01/29/2013

Christle · Married on 02/21/2012

From the moment I met Laura and John, I knew they were the photographers for me. They had such a positive and welcoming spirit. The day of the wedding they provided soo much support and assistance from helping with getting me dress to keeping up with my little ones to transporting me and my family to the venue. They even had an assistant, Brenda to help as well. They took an enormous amount of pictures and were very creative with their ideas. They even stuck around until practically the end of the reception. I love these guys and would recommend them to any and everyone looking for photographers in the St. Pete Beach area of Florida.

Sent on 02/26/2012

Melissa · Married on 01/20/2012

Laura and John provided the most amazing photography for my wedding on January 20th. They were not just photographers, they helped with every aspect from the rehearsal to finding my earring back when I lost it. They made sure I looked beautiful and stayed all night taking photos of the reception and even passed out cake. I would use Laura again for any photo needs in the St. Pete area. All of our wedding participants couldn't have been more pleased with Laura and John. Thank you!

Sent on 01/28/2012

Corinn · Married on 11/11/2011

Laura and John were amazing. They got back to me any time I called including when I first called them and they were on vacation. My wedding was 11/11 and the pictures were up online by the 25th. I ordered prints in addition to my package and they were all together and mailed to me by Dec. 8th. The pictures were great and I even appreciated how she put the picture number on the back so I didn't have to figure out which print was which! My wedding ceremony was at 10 a.m. and at 8:30 she was at my door as planned and when I freaked out because all my decorations were in my room and not in the reception room she was the one who reminded me of what needed to go where, what I needed to do and stopped the world's biggest panic attack ever. I have never even been to a wedding before besides when I was 8 and so I had no idea how to do wedding and she was completely professional and knew what she was doing. The posed pictures were amazing. There was a set of pictures that I didn't think were going to be good but trusted she had great vision and those are the ones that I absolutely adore. She was completely thorough and even coordinated so we got sunset pictures later on that day. They even had a friend visiting so we had an extra photographer throw in! I cannot rave enough about Laura and John. They were so funny and everyone at the wedding loved them and thought they were hilarious. My dad thought they were part of my husband's wedding! I thought I was going to feel weird because I rarely have my picture taken and I never get all dressed up but they made me feel like an absolute professional runway model. They are a-ma-ZING! The only tough part about the whole experience was that there were just too many amazing pictures to choose from!

Sent on 12/13/2011

Jeannine · Married on 09/30/2011

They are the best of the best and couldnt of asked for a more beautiful job on our special day!

Sent on 12/29/2011

Heathere and Andrew · Married on 07/08/2011

Laura and John were fantastic! Our family and friends really enjoyed working with them and we were impressed with their professionalism and quality of work.

Sent on 12/18/2011

Amanda And Louis · Married on 06/07/2011

Laura and John were so amazing! I was stressed out the day of my wedding and Laura calmed me down, I lost the back of my earring and she gave me her's. I was so amazed how well organized she was. Laura prity much orchestrated my whole wedding for me. It has beed 7 months since my husband and I have been married and I'm just now finishing my books, Laura has been so helpful and patient through the whole process. I tell all my friend and client about Laura! Laura and John did my brother iinlaw's wedding and did my father inlaw's best friends daughters wedding aswell. They are just AMANZING!

Amanda and Louis Paolillo

Sent on 02/10/2012
  • megan

megan · Married on 05/27/2011

Laura and John did a great job, our wedding was a crazy day and they helped us through everything, im very excited to see the pictures of that day. They were there for our needs during the whole event! i would recommend them to anybody!

Sent on 06/07/2011

Regina · Married on 05/20/2011

Laura and John were great! They worked really well with our crazy group and had fun with us! I'd highly recommend them.

Sent on 06/07/2011

Rebecca · Married on 04/29/2011

My husband and I were recently married on St. Pete Beach on April 29, 2011 at the Grand Plaza Resort. This was a destination wedding and planning everything from Pennsylvania was very nerve racking. My mother was helping with a lot of the wedding planning and finding our wedding photographer was one of her responsibilities. She spoke to a number of photographers in the Tampa Bay area, but said that Laura stood out from the others. I viewed Laura’s work online and told my mother to book her services right away as I was very impressed with the samples I saw.

Laura did an amazing job for us! She went above and beyond to make our wedding a memorable one. Not only was she there on our wedding day, but she also stopped by our rehearsal the night before to introduce herself to everyone and take a few pictures of rehearsal. She used the photos she took at rehearsal and had them playing in a digital frame by our guest book the next day at our wedding reception. What a neat touch!

Laura was amazing to work with on our wedding day. She was very friendly and has a way to make picture taking fun! She was extremely friendly with all of our wedding party /guests and the pictures she took of our wedding are absolutely AMAZING!! We just got them back and I can’t stop looking at them. She takes way more pictures then it states you will get in your package and she will stay longer to make sure she captures every moment of your big day. She let me know when I needed to touch up my makeup and made sure I was looking my best at all times.

On a final note…Laura also recommended our florist, hair salon, and preacher since we were planning our wedding from out of the area. The vendors she recommended were amazing! My husband and I had the wedding day of our dreams thanks to her recommendations and we will be able to remember this special day forever with the amazing photos she took!!! Laura and her staff are amazing! THANK YOU LAURA!!!

Sent on 05/14/2011

Emily · Married on 04/09/2011

I thought the Chapin's were amazing. She is very professional and will be right on time. Not super pushy but WILL get the job done. The pictures turned out GREAT! Everyone loved them! They were both very friendly and very easy to work with! I would def. hire them again and again! Thank you Thank you!

Sent on 07/11/2011

Kelly · Married on 03/26/2011

Laura and John were great. They took tons of pictures and really directed us as to what we needed to do. They came to rehearsal to meet everyone and surprised us with a Digital slideshow of the rehearsal that was veiwed by our guests at the wedding on a table by the sign in book. Laura also helped touch up my make up through out the night. They were a great team and very helpful and friendly. I highly recommend them.

Sent on 03/30/2011
  • AmberUCF01

Amber · Married on 10/30/2010

Laura and John are just great!! My cousin used them for his wedding and after hearing how much they loved their pictures, we hired them right away. They make the whole process of having a million photos taken of you relaxing (I don't know how they do it). The hardest decision now is trying to pick out my favorites for our book. All of our pictures look great!!

Sent on 11/27/2010

Xiomara · Married on 08/06/2010

The Chapin's did great at our wedding. We had a lot of family there and a couple of little ones and they managed to keep everyone in control and get some GREAT pictures. We feel like we got great pictures at a reasonable price. We live out of state and they worked very well with us, even kept track of the weather and gave us reassurance. We appreciated all that they did.

Sent on 08/29/2010

Josh · Married on 07/24/2010

Laura and John will make your special day unforgetable! We got in touch with them for the first time for our beach wedding in St. Pete, Florida in January 2010. The pictures they took were amazing! We are a german-american couple and we had a 2nd wedding in Germany in July 2010. After seeing the pictures there was never a doubt to ask them if they would come all the way to Germany to shoot wedding #2! It didn't take us long to talk them into going overseas! Laura and John are so flexible and so much fun to be around! It's incredible, you really get 2 for 1 as they are everywhere. They have an amazing talent to mix themselves in with the guests making everyone comfortable in front of the camera. They took pictures of an arriving party that we had for all our american guests, the rehersal party and they were with us all day long on our wedding day! Times like these tend to fly by and now we can always re-live our special days with the thousands of pictures and one is more beautiful than the next! They are so much more than photographers, things will come up last minute and they will be ready!

Book them NOW to make your special day unforgetable!!!!!!!!!
    We love you guys!!
    Sonja & Josh

Sent on 08/20/2010

Danyelle · Married on 05/23/2010

Laura was great at my wedding this past Sunday! We wanted to have our wedding at the beach instead of TN where we live, and it was beautiful. Even though it started raining in the middle of the ceremony, she stayed! The pictures she showed me so far have exceeded my expectations! Due to the rain, we weren't able to take our photos on the beach after the ceremony, so Laura made sure we got them at the reception. She communicated with Josh Lorenzo, our DJ, and made
    sure we had enough time before the sun went down, and she didn't miss a beat. I thank God I hired her.Thanks to all my vendors, my wedding ran so smoothly. Thank you Laura, for helping make my day so amazing!

Sent on 05/25/2010

Heather · Married on 05/02/2010

If you want a fun photographer then Laura and John should be your last stop shop! They are like getting a 2 for 1 deal. I loved them and so did my entire family! We still are getting comments on how beautiful our pictures came out and how much they loved the photographers! They were there the whole night from getting ready to saying goodnight. Laura and John Chapin made my day a breeze!!!!!!

Sent on 08/17/2010

Linda · Married on 04/24/2010

Laura & John are the BEST!!! THey were very flexible and very easy to contact. They were easy to talk to and have been photographers for so long that they already know what shots to take. If you would like extra shots, they are more than happy to accomodate you. They made our wedding day go very smooth. They also came out the day of the rehearsal dinner to meet everyone so they would know who was who to photograph. The pictures came out amazingly beautiful and I couldn't be happier. They were very friendly and worked with our budget. I highly recommend Laura Chapin Photography for any event!

Sent on 06/21/2010

Teresa · Married on 04/08/2010

Laura and john were very proffessional and would recommend them to any of our friends,they were very organised and efficient,friendly,they also took time to explain how they were going to do the photo`s.ie(formal and informal shots).
    the photos were exellent and the wedding album superb.

Sent on 06/18/2010

pepin · Married on 03/13/2010

Laura and john are absolutely wonderful! They are professional, flexible, creative and FUN!! Their photography skills can not be matched. I have to say photos were THE most important wedding item and my expectation was very high. I am pleased to honestly say this great duo far exceeded those expectations!!! I love u guys!

Sent on 07/17/2010

Melissa · Married on 11/21/2009

Laura and her colleague, Natalie, were my photography team for our wedding. They instantly make you and your guests feel at ease... they made us laugh and smile. Our families and everyone in the bridal party commented on their friendly demeanor. They took a broad range of pictures so they captured every moment of our wedding day. There were some very creative shots as well. She also edits/photoshops photos where necessary to produce a beautiful and perfect end product. There are so many good shots that it is difficult to narrow our choices down for our album and enlargements. After you reorder, the rights to the CD of your photos are yours in the package we purchased. This was a great feature for us because we want to do our own DVD slide show. We highly recommend Laura and would use her again for any of our professional photography needs.

Sent on 12/22/2009