Lashes & Lace Reviews

Lashes & Lace 5
  • Brittany

Brittany L. Isbell 路 Getting married on 04/09/2021

The Absolute Best!

I don't even know where to begin. Sarah and her whole entire team were absolutely amazing.

From the beginning Sarah was super detailed and so fast to respond to my email, which I LOVED! She was super accommodating when it came to a wedding that was going to be entirely girls (which was A LOT of hair and makeup to do lol). It can be super hard being a part of the LGBTQ community here in Texas, but Sarah made us feel super comfortable from the very beginning. She understands the community and is very culturally competent!

When we went for our preview day, I was super comfortable and felt like Sarah, LaDonna and I had been friends for YEARS! Then on the wedding day I met the rest of the team (Elizabeth, Shanna, Liz, and Lauren) and felt the exact same well. Everyone on the team just meshed so well with our entire group!

They were all about keeping us calm...well really trying to keep me calm because they knew how much hard work I had put into every little detail and how much I was stressing about everything being perfect (like most brides). They made sure I was hydrated, that I eaten, and was comfortable the WHOLE entire day. There was a point towards the end of the getting ready time frame that I was really starting to stress and they all could tell, and they all did their best to help out where they could and helped to keep me calm.

I would recommend Lashes & Lace to every single bride. They just go above and beyond for their brides and you can tell how much they love what they do!

Sent on 11/05/2019

Lashes & Lace's reply:

Brittany!! I can't thank you enough. 馃 I am grateful you trusted us to take care of y'all, and everyone felt comfortable, calm, and gorgeous. We so enjoyed being a part of your beautiful forever story!! Big hugs to you and Heather.馃挀
    Much Love, Sarah Downs, and the L&L team
  • Arin

Arin Lane 路 Getting married on 05/10/2020

Good & reliable company

I am a coordinator and worked a wedding with this company a few weeks ago. They were very professional, friendly, and GOOD at what they do. Everyone looked amazing! Would definitely recommend.

Sent on 10/17/2019

Lashes & Lace's reply:

This was so kind of you, Arin! Thank you very much for your thoughtfulness, and your confidence in our team! Warmest regards, Sarah Downs
  • Beth

Beth Catron 路 Getting married on 04/11/2020

Sarah & Bonnie were fabulous!

I am so thankful for Sarah and Bonnie. They went above and beyond to make sure my day was special. Sarah kept me sane and stayed on top of things when I would drop the ball.

Lashes & Lace 6
    Sent on 12/16/2019

Lashes & Lace's reply:

Beth, Thank you so much for your kind feedback. You were a true joy to take care of!! We appreciate you very much! Much Love, Sarah Downs
  • Stephanie

Stephanie Nguyen 路 Getting married on 04/11/2020

Thorough, Organized, Great to Work With!

Sarah and her crew did an amazing job. I was very impressed when I first spoke with Sarah. She was very organized and detail oriented. She made an agenda, which I greatly appreciated. They were flexible with my busy schedule and we were able to find the right time to do my hair and makeup for my bridal portraits. Kaia and LaDonna were absolutely amazing and talented. They adhered to the look I wanted and used high quality makeup and styling products. Fast forward to wedding day, the whole team (Kaia, LaDonna, Jenny and Liz) all arrived on time early in the morning with great attitude. They all were a blast to work with. Great and fun personalities! All my bridesmaids, mom and aunts enjoyed their company. They left all of us feeling beautiful for the special day. They did such a great job and I highly recommend them to anyone looking for high quality hair and makeup. Thank you, Lashes and Lace!

Sent on 12/27/2019

Lashes & Lace's reply:

Thank you so much, Stephanie!! I am glad you felt that my super-detailedness helped keep things smooth and organized. :) You and your girls were awesome to take care of!! We enjoyed helping you have an amazing day! Much love to you! ~ Sarah D.

Christina Vaughn 路 Getting married on 03/20/2020

Such a great experience so far!

Working with Sarah has been amazing so far. She is so detailed and goes thru everything during the initial call which was very impressive. Talking to her for the first time felt like I've known her for years!

Sent on 09/11/2019

Lashes & Lace's reply:

This is so sweet and unexpected, Christina!! I can't believe you wrote us a review even before your wedding day! Thank you for sharing about your experience with us so far. You have been awesome to work with too! Warmest regards, Sarah Downs
  • Christina Asaad 路 Married on 10/19/2019

Amazing experience!!

I found Sarah on Wedding Wire and I am soooo happy I did! She did an amazing job on my hair and make up as well as her team did on my girls! They were definitely worth it and I am so happy I chose them! Definitely would recommend!!!

Sent on 11/05/2019

Lashes & Lace's reply:

Thank you for this awesome feedback, Christina! We are so grateful for your trust! I appreciate your kind words. Happy trails to you and Walter!
  • Megan

Megan 路 Married on 10/13/2019

LaDonna Stein is one of the best makeup artists I have ever worked with. She not only is intuitive to your needs but also makes you feel comfortable and beautiful! I have never worked with someone so willing to try anything but also willing to give you her opinion. She is always on time, works efficiently, and makes sure you are thrilled with her work. LaDonna is the makeup artist I recommend to everyone!

Sent on 07/24/2014

Lashes & Lace's reply:

Thanks Megan! LaDonna will be so happy to hear about your kind review! She truly is an amazing artist and we are lucky to have her! Thanks for letting us know about your experiences.
    Warmest regards, Sarah Downs
  • Anju

Anju Garg 路 Married on 10/05/2019

excellent quality, experience, customer service

I had an absolutely magnificent experience with Sarah and LaDonna for my Indian and Catholic wedding in May 2019. Sarah was very organized, responsive, easy to work with, professional, friendly and accommodating. I appreciated how detailed she was in organizing our events since I had 3 events that I needed for hair and make up. I was matched with Ladonna for my make up and hair because of her skills in short hair styling, Indian wedding makeup and outfit styling. She was AMAZING and really listened to what I wanted in my look. She totally exceeded my own imagination and I felt beautiful and confident the whole time. I received many compliments on my make up and I highly recommend her for anyone's needs. She has versatile skills and really aims to achieve your vision. Overall I had a wonderful time with Lashes and Lace and would definitely work with them again in the future.

Sent on 05/27/2019

Lashes & Lace's reply:

Anju, this is such a phenomenal review!! We appreciate you so much! You have been wonderful to take care of and we are thrilled that you felt great about your experience with us! Thank you for taking time to send such heartfelt feedback. LaDonna and I wish you and Mitesh all the happiness life has to offer!

Randall Lee Belue 路 Married on 10/05/2019

Lovely ladies

Sarah was instantly invested in my wedding day, even from the first phone call! She was determined to make my timeline work, and she did! She was so attentive, prompt, detailed and available to answer questions. My preview session with LaDonna was so much fun. She made me feel very taken care of and comfortable with myself. The day of the wedding was a breeze... LaDonna, Bonnie and Liz were cool as cucumbers the whole time and really helped keep things moving on track. Everyone in my party loved them and loved how their hair and make up turned out. I would recommend Lashes and Lace to anybody in the market!

Sent on 12/11/2019

Lashes & Lace's reply:

You are so kind, Courtney! I'm glad you felt comfortable and well taken care of. We appreciate you very much! Thank you again for your sweet emails and thoughtful review.
  • Katie

Katie Dunlap 路 Married on 05/11/2019

Love these people!

I cannot give this team enough praise! I have never liked to have my makeup done professionally because I am afraid it will look way over-done. Sarah listened to my concerns and always asked me if I liked/disliked what she did. She never made me feel like I couldn't speak up. LaDonna worked to create this beautiful hairstyle that was whimsical and everything I ever wanted! They took the best care of me, and my bridesmaids looked amazing as well! I still get compliments on how amazing we all looked.

Lashes & Lace 7
    Lashes & Lace 8
    Lashes & Lace 9
    Lashes & Lace 10
    Lashes & Lace 11
    Sent on 05/22/2019

Lashes & Lace's reply:

Katie, we love this! Thank you so much for trusting us to take care of you and your girls. Your thoughtful words are greatly appreciated! Wishing you loads of joy!! <3
  • User5154403 路 Recently married

They listed to what I wanted, and did a great job!

Sent on 06/08/2015

Lashes & Lace's reply:

I wish I knew who this was but nonetheless, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us positive feedback! We appreciate it, and are so glad to hear you had a great experience with us! Warmest regards, Sarah Downs
  • My Pham

My Pham 路 Married on 04/27/2019

Wedding Hair and Makeup

Booking Lashes and Lace for my wedding was one of my better decisions! They were accommodating in figuring out our tight schedule - having a tea ceremony on the same day as the wedding. Sarah managed the schedule with ease, and was very understanding about schedule changes. At no point during the wedding day did we feel rushed or hastened. LaDonna is amazing, my hair turned out great. Kaia did such a beautiful job w the makeup, and it stayed on through all the tears! Thank you Lashes and Lash, my girls and I loved your team!!!

Sent on 05/21/2019

Lashes & Lace's reply:

Hi My, I know your wedding day was a busy one; I am glad we were able to help bring calm to it. Thank you for your kind feedback! We are so lucky to have been able to take care of you and your girls. Big hugs!! <3
  • Danielle

Danielle jernigan 路 Married on 04/06/2019

Amazing team!

AMAZING TEAM. I can not say enough good things about Lashes and Lace. Sarah was so helpful during the whole process, my dress was late coming in and she let me reschedule my bridal shoot preview with no hassle. All of my bridesmaids were so happy with their hair and makeup. Everything ran ahead of schedule the day of and the whole team made the day so fun and not stressful at all. Use them, you wont regret it!

Lashes & Lace 12
    Sent on 05/21/2019

Lashes & Lace's reply:

LOVE LOVE LOVE this! Thank you Danielle! I know your dress situation was difficult; I am glad we could help it be a bit easier to deal with. We appreciate your kind words so very much!! Thank you for taking the time to leave us such awesome feedback!

Lindsay 路 Married on 03/24/2019

The Best Makeup & Hair Team Ever

Not only did my Lashes & Lace team stay on time to create a stress-free experience, but they also made me, my bridesmaids, MOB and MOG look absolutely stunning. They listened and understood what we were looking for and were so much fun!

I would recommend Lashes & Lace to everyone! Thank you, LaDonna, Kaia, Sarah, and Shanna!

Sent on 05/20/2019

Lashes & Lace's reply:

Thank you so much for the awesome review, Lindsay!! And this might be my favorite review title so far. :) I am so glad we could help your day be stress free and fun! We appreciate you and your sweet momma!
  • Meg

Meg 路 Married on 02/17/2019

Felt like a queen!

Lashes and Lace was exceptional! From the hair and makeup trial to day of service, service was professional and timely. All my requests were listen and adhered to. Wonderful!

Lashes & Lace 13
    Lashes & Lace 14
    Sent on 03/02/2019

Lashes & Lace's reply:

Hi! I believe this review was meant for the Lashes and Lace based in South Carolina. You may wish to leave it on their page instead. :) Our team is in Texas and we are not affiliated! Kacie, who runs the team in SC is wonderful! I'm glad you had a great experience with them. Just want to make sure they get the review they deserve.
    Thank you!!
  • Mylea

Mylea 路 Married on 10/13/2018

Love wedding hair & makeup!

Lashes & Lace did an AMAZING job for my wedding from start to finish. Sarah Downs, the owner, was super easy to work with and accommodates you any way she can. My preview session went very smoothly, and I was excited for the big day! These girls are professionals, and exceeded my expectations for the wedding day. My makeup looked flawless thanks to Kaia, especially with the airbrushing and lasted all night! The weather right before my wedding day was not ideal with rain all afternoon. Bonnie was amazing and worked with me to make my hair look fantastic with a last minute hairstyle change. The whole wedding party looked just as good. They really take their time to leave you feeling confident. All in all, I would recommend them to anyone, and my bridesmaid has already asked for their contact to use them too! I鈥檓 having my holiday hair and makeup done with them, so I鈥檓 a repeat customer! Thanks ladies.

Sent on 12/01/2018

Lashes & Lace's reply:

I love this review, Mylea! We had so much fun taking care of you and your girls! Thank you for your trust and wonderful feedback. We are so excited to take care of you again soon for your holiday party! We are so glad DeLisa referred you our way!

jack 路 Married on 10/07/2018

So thankful for Sarah and her team, they did a wonderful job with the hair and makeup for my daughters wedding. Sarah was super responsive either by email or text for the questions and concerns I had. Her team was organized , flexible, and really low key which is perfect on what can sometimes be a stressful time of getting ready. Their hard work and expertise was a real gift to me !

Sent on 10/09/2018

Lashes & Lace's reply:

Elaine, It is so kind of you to find our page and share about your experience with us! We truly loved being a part of this special day and everything leading up to it. You gals were wonderful and I hope we keep in touch! Thank you again for your trust and thoughtfulness! Hope your fall and winter is full of peace and joy. <3 Warmest regards, Sarah Downs
  • Annalise

Annalise Kean Peterson 路 Married on 10/07/2018

Amazing Experience Overall!

Sarah and her team were organized, thoughtful, and fun to work with from the get-go. From our introductory phone call I knew I would be in good hands...as a bride I was VERY nervous about my hair and makeup for my wedding and Sarah, Bonnie, and the team were attentive, open to my feedback, and worked with me to create the best look for my day, even coming up with last minute substitutes for products I couldn't find or straight-up forgot to bring without missing a beat. They also did amazingly with all my bridesmaids who all felt gorgeous, which is all you want for the friends supporting you on your wedding day! 10/10 would recommend them for any bride.

Sent on 10/21/2018

Lashes & Lace's reply:

Dear Annalise, I've always said that a great review feels like a hug, and yours is no exception. It means so much that you took the time to write such thoughtful comments. It has been a joy to get to know you and be involved in your special day; we appreciate your trust very much! 馃挏 Happy ever after to you and Maxwell!
    Warmest regards, Sarah Downs

Monica 路 Married on 08/31/2018

Lashes & Lace for the WIN.

Im not really in to the makeup scene so looking for a makeup artist was a little scary. After reaching out to Sarah I felt right at home. She was very organized and the girls were amazing. I felt so beautiful after leaving the seat. I was really surprise first glance in the mirror. :) Thank you LASHES & LACE, for making look and feel beautiful on my big day.

Sent on 12/04/2018

Lashes & Lace's reply:

Ahhh, this is so awesome, Monica!! Thank you for taking a chance on u!! We had such fun taking care of you and your girls! You are so welcome. While we did have a hand in helping your natural gorgeousness shine, your inner beauty radiated outwards and brought everything together.

Cynthia 路 Married on 05/27/2018

I LOVED working with Sarah and her team! She was so detailed, professional, and had a very calming nature to her whenever we spoke; and during the time of stressful wedding planning, that's exactly what I needed. I loved the fact that she was so detailed, nothing was ever a surprise to me, no "hidden fees or charges" and I was never unsure of what to do, she made sure I was 100% in the know of what all was going on, and that itself is something that every bride appreciates. I felt I was always free to ask any question I had. I really appreciate that she was able to work with me even though I had to book so close to my wedding day. She kept a detailed timeline so I had time to complete everything needed before the trial and the wedding day. Not only is she a pleasure to work with, but she set me up with some of her great team members! LaDonna is AMAZING, she rocked my trail (unfortunately this was after my bridals and after I realized how important a legit makeup artist is). She took the time to make sure I was happy with my look, I never felt rushed or like I was just "another client", LaDonna made me feel like we had been besties forever. She even recommended some skin care and a few other products to help ensure I felt fabulous on my wedding day. On the wedding day she nailed that exact look again, plus the other two team members she brought for hair (Shannon) and assisting (Liz) really made my bridal party look on point and flawless. I loved my look, hair, makeup, and how my bridal party looked. Seriously, getting ready was so fun and a great way to relax with the girls before the nerves really start to set in. The lovely ladies that helped us get ready were also a blast to be with in that room. I had a lot of bridesmaids and others needing hair and makeup, and they were able to get us all done, keep us claim and happy! They were really great! I not only looked amazing in my professional wedding photos, but also the photos my guests took with their own camera!

Sent on 06/20/2018

Lashes & Lace's reply:

Holy sheesh Cynthia, this is so so sweet! What awesome feedback! I am so glad to hear you felt calm and comfortable with me and our team! Thank you for the wonderful review. We absolutely adored you and your gals, and we appreciate you mucho!! Warmest regards, Sarah Downs

Amanda 路 Married on 05/18/2018

Amazing work!!

Let me start by saying I don鈥檛 wear make up...maybe some mascara on a good day. I was nervous for my wedding because my husband is not a fan of makeup and hasn鈥檛 liked my professional makeup at weddings in the past. Sarah was so receptive to my concerns. She made me more beautiful than I thought possible (even my husband loved it)! Ladonna did an amazing job with my hair as well! I told her just to do whatever and it looked great!! One guest at the wedding said I looked like Belle from Beauty and the Beast (which is of course my favorite movie from my childhood)! I was so incredibly happy with my hair and make up as well as my grandma鈥檚, mom鈥檚, and my bridesmaids. My mom even said that she got more compliments on her makeup and hair than any other time in her life. One of my bridesmaids commented that she felt more beautiful at my wedding than even her own. I was super lucky to get such a super team, and it really made my wedding day perfect (other than marrying the love of my life of course)! I would gladly come back to lashes and lace at any point if I needed HAMU. Thanks ladies (Sarah, LaDonna, Kaia, Tinia, and Liz) for such exceptional work!

Sent on 12/02/2018

Lashes & Lace's reply:

Ok girl, you really are just so stunning naturally. I am flattered that you felt comfortable enough to trust me with your face for the biggest day of your life! You are an awesome, fun, sweet person all around, and we are grateful to have shared your special day with you! We all so enjoyed taking great care of you, your bridesmaids, and your family! Thank you for also rebooking us for your holiday date night makeup & hair. Can't wait to see you again soon! Big hugs

Jessica 路 Married on 03/24/2018

Where do I even begin? Sarah is the BEST. Ever since the beginning she has been an absolute blessing to work with. She has been so understanding and all of her team doesn't hesitate to help however they can. I will 100% always use this team for any event I can and I suggest you do the same. All of my friends and family have heard how amazing they are and you will not regret using them for a second. Thank you all for everything you've done to make me feel like a beautiful bride and I look forward to continuing to stay in touch with you.

Sent on 07/11/2017

Lashes & Lace's reply:

You are so kind, Jessica! Thank you for taking the time to send us love! We appreciate you very much. Sending you healing thoughts and well wishes. <3 So glad you chose us for your special day!! Warmest regards, Sarah Downs

Cassandra 路 Married on 12/02/2017

First, I want to say THANKS to Kaia, LaDonna, Liz and Sarah for an AMAZING Job on my bridal parties and my hair/makeup! They were so flexible, sweet, fun, talented and professional artists. I am so happy and lucky I found Lashes and Lace for my special day and I highly recommend them to any future brides! The price for my bridal party and myself was very reasonable. Thanks again ladies for making my day even more special and stress free! xo- Mrs. Ruiz (LA, California)

Lashes & Lace 15
    Lashes & Lace 16
    Lashes & Lace 17
    Lashes & Lace 18
    Sent on 01/11/2018

Lashes & Lace's reply:

Cassandra! This is so sweet of you! Thank you for taking the time to let us know you felt we did an amazing job! We also feel lucky to have had the opportunity to take care of you and your gals! We appreciate your glowing review, and your trust in us! Wishing you and Juan the happiest ever after! <3 Warmest regards, Sarah Downs

Kaydee 路 Married on 11/18/2017

Sarah and Ladonna were amazing! They are so much fun! They really know what they are doing! They are both super friendly and the sweetest girls. Sarah was there every step of the way answering all my annoying questions. She was just awesome. Really words can not describe how grateful I am for them! You will not regret picking her!

Sent on 12/28/2017

Lashes & Lace's reply:

Awww, Kaydee, thank you so much for this sweet review! We both loved taking care of you and your girls! Also, know that I never felt that any of your questions were annoying. I am here to be of help! You were kind and wonderful to work with, and we appreciate you very much. <3 Happiest wishes to you and Tim! Warmest regards, Sarah Downs

Megan 路 Married on 10/29/2017

I have to say, Sarah and LaDonna are awesome! They did such a good job of putting everything together for me in an understandable manner (unlike most wedding related agreements, ha!). LaDonna did exactly what I wanted with my hair and makeup. She also did my daughter's hair and make up and it was also perfect. LaDonna is professional, absolutely so much fun to be around, and she's a great conversationalist to boot. She's excellent at what she does, and I can't thank her enough.

Even thought my look was a bit unconventional, it was loved by all. And I was also called a Disney princess by one of the younger attendees, which was adorable.

So in short, hire these amazing chicas because they are the absolute best, and I will say, you get what you pay for! I've heard horror stories from other people about how they went with someone not as experienced and were lower cost in order to save a little bit, I'm telling you it's not worth it. Don't cheap out on hair and makeup for your wedding, go with the best, Lashes and Lace.

Lashes & Lace 19
    Sent on 01/29/2018

Lashes & Lace's reply:

Megan, I am so glad to hear your awesome feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review! You were a gorgeous bride and we LOVED your stylistic choices. <3 Thank you again for trusting us to execute your wedding day beauty vision! Wishing you an incredibly happy 2018! Warmest regards, Sarah Downs