Larisa Shorina Photography Reviews

Larisa Shorina Photography 6
Larisa Shorina Photography 7
  • Kana

Kana Suzuki · Married on 06/09/2019

Make your wedding like a movie scene

Larisa is absolutely the best photographer I could ever have. We had our wedding on June 9th and I just received preview photos. These are just beautiful and look like a movie scene. Larisa is professional and talented. She carefully listened to what we think and what we like patiently.

I introduced her to some of my friends for family and couple photoshoot and everyone enjoyed the photoshoot and happy about the result. I would love to recommend anyone who needs any kinds of a photoshoot.

Sent on 06/14/2019

Kyu · Married on 10/20/2018

Very accomodative and responsive. She was not late for the photo shoot and was very professional about her work. She made us feel that she was putting a lot of effort in capturing the right moments. Would love to have her take our city hall wedding photo as well. Overall highly recommended.

Sent on 12/07/2017
  • Jenny

Jenny · Married on 09/29/2018

Highly recommended!

We absolutely loved working with Larisa for our engagement shoot and wedding day photos! She is professional, a pleasure to work with, knows how to direct you/wedding party for amazing portraits, and has an eye for #aesthetic details and priceless dance floor moments. The results are simply gorgeous—we really wanted a "natural but still dreamy” style and were beyond thrilled with all of our hundreds of photos. Highly recommend Larisa!

Sent on 01/06/2019
  • Mina

Mina · Married on 09/16/2018

Talented, professional, and fearless rolled up in one!

Larisa was absolutely amazing to work with! I found her through Instagram and fell in love with her style of photography, which is very natural and documentary-style. She was the first and only photographer we met with—we got a great vibe from her during the meet and greet and booked her right away for both our wedding day and our engagement session. We couldn't be happier with her professionalism and vision! She has a real talent for finding the perfect lighting and capturing emotions from multiple angles that seem almost superhuman for just one photographer. She also knows how to direct couples to make them feel less awkward and posed. Larisa is assertive and fearless—risking her life on multiple occasions in incoming traffic to get the best photos! The wedding photos took about 10 weeks to be edited and delivered to us, but they were definitely worth the wait! I can't stop flipping through them and reliving our magical wedding. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Larisa for any occasion—Hire her now!

Sent on 12/02/2018

Victor · Married on 06/09/2018

Larisa was amazing to work with - from our initial meeting to the final day.

Her photos came and and exceeded our expectations!!!

All the photos were so great (from posed to candids) and we got amazing feedback from all our guests.

Larisa was always on time for all our meetings and presented a gracious and relaxedd attitude throughout the wedding day, I can't recommend her more to shoot your wedding.

Sent on 08/06/2018
    Larisa Shorina Photography 8
    Larisa Shorina Photography 9
    Larisa Shorina Photography 10
    Larisa Shorina Photography 11
    Larisa Shorina Photography 12

Brent · Married on 06/09/2018

We recently had Larisa shoot our wedding on 6/9/18 at Dobbin St in Brooklyn. From our first meeting we enjoyed her style and professionalism. She was very easy to work with and the final results were amazing. Everything was on time and delivered per the contract. I can not recommend Larisa enough. She made us feel at ease resulting in pictures that were more candid than traditional wedding photos. She even stayed past her allotted hours just to capture til the end!

Sent on 08/13/2018

Margaret · Married on 12/30/2017

Larisa photographed our cold & snowy December wedding in Central Park and the photos came out every bit the bright winter wonderland we dreamed of. She was fun to work with and every shot she staged us in was flattering and looked amazing. Our families are still talking about the photos! Cannot recommend her enough. All the photos she has up on social media and her website are extremely representative of her excellent work, though I think she was at her best for our shoot ;)

Sent on 01/09/2018

Elena · Married on 09/12/2017

Larisa, thank you so much! We are really in love with wedding photos!!!

Sent on 12/06/2017

Michelle · Married on 09/02/2017

Larisa is truly passionate about what she does and that shines through in her incredible work and her quality of service! My husband and I were looking for a “gem” for our 9/2/17 wedding, a “gem” with a portfolio that speaks for itself and is one-of-a-kind, looks like the photos could be included in a high-fashion magazine, but also realistically affordable and within our budget (It seemed too much to ask for in our wedding vendor search!). Larisa Shorina Photography met all of those requirements, so much so that I sometimes wondered, “What was the catch?!” She answered every single one of my e-mails (and text messages!) in a timely manner, offered to meet us for coffee to get to know us as a couple, and then offered to travel the 45-minute train ride to my venue to do a walk-through and help me plan out an itinerary. She arrived on time on the day of the wedding, offered to help our groomsmen with their boutonnieres, and maintained her patience with them bright and early in the morning, even joking around and fitting right in with them!
    Larisa was never invasive during the wedding and kept to a true documentary style, without staging moments, except for our formal portraits. At the same time, it felt like she was a friend at the wedding because of how kind, down-to-earth, and fun-loving she is - she fit right in. My husband and I are not naturally photogenic and she helped us let loose during our formal portraits. When I saw the photos for the first time, I was so surprised and ecstatic because it was exactly everything I hoped for and saw in her portfolio – I was just shocked that she was able to capture those poses with how nervous we were in the moment during our “first look.” She made us look like professionals!
    Larisa was by far one of the best decisions I've ever made in my life - I mean that. She captured every beautiful moment of our wedding - nothing went unnoticed!

Thank you so much, Larisa! We are forever grateful for you!

Sent on 01/15/2018

Elena · Married on 07/22/2017

I love Larisa's instagram and I always wanted to do a photoshoot with her - but couldn't do it as we live in London. Fortunately she came to visit London in February and we used that great opportunity to have an engagement photoshoot with her. I couldn't be happier both with the process and the result! She is very supportive and proactive, a real professional. It was super comfortable and easy to be photographed by Larisa for me and my partner who is not a big fan of being a model:) and the photos she made are gorgeous! It was raining heavily on that day (what else would you expect from London...) - but she managed to capture the mood and the beauty of the day - the colours, the setting, everything about her pictures is perfect! I highly recommend Larisa!

Sent on 08/09/2017

david · Married on 04/01/2017

Larisa is an all star. Takes brilliant photos, but perhaps more importantly, she's a pleasure to have around. The lead up to a wedding can be hectic, so it's important that everyone involved is professional, direct, focused, and kind. Larisa has all of those qualities in spades. We''d recommend her enthusiastically for any event.

Sent on 08/08/2017

Boris · Married on 01/01/2017

We chose Larisa because we got along really well and liked her style. We are so glad we did. Our pictures turned out beautifully and Larisa was great with all our family and friends.

Larisa is so easy to work with. She was incredibly transparent about pricing which made putting a package together easy and stress free. She also helped us plan our schedule for the day and gave great advice. We've already recommended to her our friends who are using her for their wedding.

Anastasia · Married on 10/06/2016

It was definitely best experience, Larisa was keeping us comfortable during all the shoot, and we would definitely love to have next photoshooting in NYC again with her.

Anastasiia · Married on 09/08/2016

We would like to say huge thanks to you, Larisa, for our stunning pictures. We’ve been planning our wedding in New York for a long time and it was really important for us to find not only a professional photographer, but the person who would capture our emotions, decorations and surroundings exactly as we imagined in our dreams. You made us feel so relaxed and natural , so even my husband, who absolutely hates being in front of the camera, did like the way you interacted with us and found that he actually can be very photogenic without any special efforts :) You found so many beautiful places that I’d have never noticed, and it was such a huge help to have your confidence and creative ideas. We’ve got fantastic result! You perfectly captured the essense and spirit of our wedding day and we are truthfully grateful to you, Larisa, for being a precious part of our small but very momentous ceremony. I would recommend you to everyone who is getting married in New York and especially to those who loves New York the way you do. You feel and capture special magic of this city and your job will definitely exceed client's expectations. Thank you, Larisa!

Veronika · Married on 03/25/2015

Larisa is a truly amazing photographer with such a beautiful personality inside out! My husband is not a great fun of photo sessions, but Larisa was sooo friendly and accommodating, and within minutes made us feeling relaxed and enjoy ourselves. I absolutely love our photos! If you are looking for a loveliest photographer for your special day - then look no further! Thank you so much Larisa xx

Kate Pierce · Married on 10/03/2018

No words! Best investment by a mile!

We're so thrilled we found Larisa. Planning an elopement from the UK it was hard to find a vendor without meeting in person but as soon we spoke on the phone we knew Larisa was the one - she totally embraced our plans for the day whilst providing invaluable input and guidance regarding locations, timing, lighting etc without being pushy!

And as for the images - wow. I can't believe i know the couple in the pictures ha! For two people who hate being in-front of a camera (and were very apprehensive) she made it feel effortless and captured so many natural, candid moments which make the pictures reflect our relationship perfectly. Even the more 'posed' ones didn't feel awkward. A lot of the time we didn't notice she was there as we explored different neighbourhoods after the ceremony.

Larisa kept up an amazing energy ALL DAY, and her excitement is infectious when we would turn a corner into a different street and she saw a perfect photo opportunity. She has such a great eye! The pictures 100% exceed our expectations and friends back home commented that they feel like something from a wedding editorial. We would have no hesitation recommending Larisa to anyone, she was the best investment we made for our elopement.

Sent on 12/13/2018
    Larisa Shorina Photography 13
    Larisa Shorina Photography 14
    Larisa Shorina Photography 15
    Larisa Shorina Photography 16
    Larisa Shorina Photography 17
    Larisa Shorina Photography 18

Alexandra · Married on 09/09/2017

If you are considering Larisa for your wedding, look no further. Larisa is both a professional and an artist. When we first met I came to her with a loose vision and she took it from there, showing photos from similar venues, which was comforting.

One month before the wedding Larisa even requested that we go visit the venue together so she had the lay of the land for the day of and was ready to go. We truly appreciated the effort and dedication it takes to do this.

On the day of, she arrived very early and photographed us getting ready even though she wasn't contracted to start until later on. She was so pleasant and fun to be around - we're a bit of a camera-shy couple and Larisa's personality was so easy going, she made it a breeze. Our photos came right on schedule and in a wonderfully cool package. We're so happy with every last one of them. The only thing we were sad about: we don't have another excuse to work with Larisa anytime soon. LOVE!

Sent on 11/28/2017