Lapeer Country Club Reviews

20 | Lapeer, MI

20 Reviews for Lapeer Country Club

Danielle · Married on 10/13/2018

Lapeer country club

The venue was gorgeous and the food was AMAZING! We had so many compliments on food. Mostly easy to work with. The only hiccup we had was we never realized the cake didn't get cut but we had pies and cookies too so staff didn't realize it needed to be cut. And it was less expensive in price than several barns we looked at but still a rustic look to it.

Sent on 12/12/2018

Lapeer Country Club's reply:

Thank you Danielle for your excellent review! You were so wonderful to work with during your planning process! Your pictures were simply amazing of the two of you!! Best wishes for a great life together!!
  • Futurewalker

Shannon · Married on 09/09/2017

Our wedding day was absolutely gorgeous at the Country Club! Kelly is soo easy to work with and really cares about her couples wants! The food was amazing and people couldn't stop talking about how good everything was! Thank you soo much for making our day so super special!!

Sent on 09/12/2017

Kelly helped make our best friends wedding AMAZING. Everything was wonderful. The food was delicious. Completely worth your time and money well spent.

Sent on 07/15/2015

Lapeer Country Club's reply:

Thank you so much for your excellent review!!

danielle · Married on 07/22/2017

Lapeer Country Club, all their staff, and Kelly made my wedding day absolutely perfect! Kelly was always checking on the bridal party asking if we needed anything. I felt like a queen at dinner. The staff did everything they could for me. At the end of the night made sure my groom and I had left over food. I can't say anything went wrong. Thank you thank you thank you. If you are thinking about having a wedding have it here. Tons of amazing food and amazing staff!

Sent on 08/02/2017

Lapeer Country Club's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind review! You were a stunning bride and it was our pleasure hosting your special day. Best wishes for a lifetime of happiness!!

Rachel · Married on 09/26/2015

We had our wedding at LCC in late September which was a beautiful time for the golf course as well as the landscaping around the building. Kelly was very easy to work with and did everything she could to make our day run smoothly! I had previously heard mediocre things about this venue but after having our wedding here, I would highly recommend it to anyone. The food was fantastic and many of our guests complimented it. We looked at a few other venues in the area but this was the most reasonably priced and completely well worth it! We have no regrets

Sent on 10/31/2015

Lapeer Country Club's reply:

Thank you Rachel for taking the time to review Lapeer Country Club for your special day! I appreciate your positive feedback for other brides to see as they plan their weddings/receptions in the future at our venue. Your event was especially special since you and Mark were so easy to work with in the planning process. I wish you both all the best in your lifetime together!!

I recently had my wedding here and was very happy with the venue. It is absolutely amazing.
    The coordinator Kelly was very nice and helpful with the plans.
    I was somewhat disappointed with the staff during the reception as at the end of the night they were pushing me to start clean up prior to the time that was scheduled.

Sent on 09/26/2015

Andrea · Married on 06/27/2015

The Lapeer Country Club is such a beautiful setting for a wedding! We worked closely with Kelly to ensure that our wedding day was perfect; she did not disappoint. Kelly responded to any questions or concerns we had in a timely and informative manner. We had both our ceremony and reception here; we even had to make some last minute changes due to weather. The staff there did an amazing job of accommodating our needs. The food was great, I am still receiving compliments on it from guests. The wait/bar staff were wonderful...they helped keep this bride on track during her wedding day :)

Sent on 07/02/2015

Lapeer Country Club's reply:

Andrea - thank you so much for taking the time to review Lapeer Country Club on wedding wire. Your kind words mean a lot to me and my staff - you were a pleasure to work with throughout your planning process. I wish you and Clark the very best in your lifetime together!!

elizabeth · Married on 06/13/2015

We had our ceremony and wedding at Lapeer Country Club. With us waiting 18 years to marry we wanted the day to be perfect and it truly was. Kelly was great, answering any questions we had and was very accommodating to our needs. We had a guest who was lactose intolerant, Kelly made sure he was able to pick something he could eat, had the chief make it and made sure he was eating with the rest of the wedding guests. We didn't even know until the next morning that's how smoothly Kelly handled it, we are so appreciative for her ensuring ALL of our guests were fed. Kelly's staff made sure everything was in it's place for us to decorate. The staff also helped with guests who needed their plates carried. They were great! Kelly made sure that we stayed within our budget that we discussed at our first meeting with her, no surprise fees or costs. Thank you for making our wedding day well worth the wait.

Sent on 07/12/2015

Lapeer Country Club's reply:

Elizabeth and Joe - thanks so much for taking the time to review Lapeer Country Club! I am so glad your wedding/reception was just what you in-visioned! I wish you both many, many years of happiness!! Kelly

I honestly loved it there. The first time we seen it, we chose to have our ceremony there! Kelly who is the manager of the Country Club really worked with us to keep the cost down as much as possible and put on a great evening for us. It was amazing. I would not have had my wedding at any other venue in the world. Kelly was seriously amazing and kept in touch with me and let me know about upcoming bridal events and such and helped me through all of my planning needs. The food was fantastic, we got the chicken and steak. The staff are super nice too!

Sent on 06/05/2015

Lapeer Country Club's reply:

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of Lapeer Country Club. I appreciate your taking the time to put your kind words in writing....

Kellie · Married on 09/13/2014

This venue was absolutely amazing and beautiful!! It made my wedding perfect! Kelly is very nice and helpful. She was quick with responses whenever we had questions. If I had to choose again I would pick Lapeer Country Club for sure!

Sent on 09/22/2014

I loved having our reception at Lapeer Country Club!
    Kelly was so kind and helpful the entire time - will ALL our crazy questions!
    There is nothing Kelly and her staff won't do to make your day an amazing day you won't forget.
    The food is DELICIOUS also- my guests couldn't stop talking about how good it tasted!
    The venue is just plain GORGEOUS - there's so many great spots for your photographer to get awesome pictures here!
    I would have other parties here without a doubt - it was SO perfect! It is definitely a hidden gem for weddings in the Lapeer/Davison/Mid-MI area!! :)

Sent on 06/09/2014

Sandy · Married on 05/30/2014

Best place ever to have a wedding. We could not beleive how great of a value this venue truly is! Without breaking the bank, we were able to have an AWESOME wedding. There were countless guests commenting the night of all the way to WEEKS after the wedding on how great of venue we selected. It was a hit - everyone especially loved the huge deck outside. It really added to the ambience. The staff (especially Kelly) was great throughout the whole process.

Sent on 07/02/2014

Cindy · Married on 05/17/2014

Kelly Nelson is the most amazing person to work with...Kelly's facility and staff made our daughters dream wedding reception come true. Thank you Kelly, Mr & Mrs Robison

Sent on 05/19/2014

Lisa · Married on 12/13/2013

Venue was beautiful and would be at any time of the year. Kelly is great to work with and very accommodating. Staff was prompt and helpful and pricing was reasonable. My husband and I are very pleased with the service and turn out of our wedding reception... we will definitely be returning for future events!

Sent on 01/15/2014

Meg · Married on 05/31/2014

Great reception venue. All is done in house (except the cake). Food was delicious. They set up the tables and linens, and take down the tables and linens.

Sent on 06/04/2014

Merry · Married on 09/28/2013

The Lapeer Country Club is a beautiful setting for a wedding reception in Lapeer! Several of my guests couldn't tell me enough how pretty it was.

The Food was fantastic! Kelly was great to work with!

I definitely would recommend the Lapeer Club!

Sent on 10/02/2013

Kelsey · Married on 10/20/2012

Such an amazing place to have a wedding reception plus the food was amazing.

Sent on 12/07/2012

Cora · Married on 06/07/2014

3.5

Great service, beautiful area across from lake neppessing. Big event room.

Sent on 06/08/2014

Jennifer · Married on 10/18/2008

This hall is beautiful, with windows and a balcony looking right off the lake. The qaulity of their food is absolutely delicious! They have a few rules they like you to follow, however nothing that's not manageable or worth it! The provide the venue, food and alcohol for your receptions, which saves you time and money of having to find a caterer and bar tender. This places is absolutley exquisite and perferct for a bride looking for an elegant, traditional wedding atmostphere.

Sent on 03/12/2009

Julia · Married on 10/16/2015

We had our wedding of about 70 this past weekend. Kelly and her husband were both so helpful with planning everything since my husband and I had almost no idea what we were doing. The food was fantastic and there was PLENTY of it. The bartender was fantastic and made great drinks and was so friendly. She even carried my plate for me so I wouldn't spill on my dress. The wait staff was so wonderful and courteous and helpfull with the setup. They were very flexible and accomodating and were willing to try something new since I wanted to be married by the pond and they had never done that before. My only disappointment was that I had asked for a menu for the bar so that I could create a sign to help guests pick their drinks. I was told that they could make anything and had guests mention that they couldn't get certain drinks (such as Long Island Iced Teas). Also, I was under the impression that Kelly and her staff would be there for the setup and rehearsal the day prior to help us along. She was not there and her staff (bartender and maintenance man) were far from helpful. There was also a group of golfers at the bar that were noisy and in the way (I understand business must go on but still annoying). However, we got all set up and were ready to go with very few hiccups. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone. Absolutely beautiful.

Sent on 10/20/2015

Lapeer Country Club's reply:

Thank you Julia for taking the time to review Lapeer Country Club on Wedding Wire regarding your recent wedding/reception. I am glad you were happy with the venue, food and service. We work very hard to make a bride's vision come true from start to finish. I am sorry you were disappointed in the rehearsal/setup the day before your wedding. I offer early setup as a convenience to my brides at no charge so they can relax the day of. Thank you again for your favorable review, and all of us at Lapeer Country Club wish you a lifetime of happiness!