Landmark Center Reviews

35 | Saint Paul, MN

35 Reviews for Landmark Center

• Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 08/27/2016

The Landmark Center really was my dream venue - I can't imagine our wedding having been anywhere else! The building is stunning - as the little girls at my wedding kept telling me, "just like a castle!" - and needs little decorating to look absolutely incredible. Betsy was lovely to work with when creating a timeline and table plan, and Pam was great to work with for the liquor coordination. The bridal suite is stunning and works perfectly for getting ready (although the groom no longer gets a nice room to get ready in, which was disappointing to my husband). There are also just so many pretty places to take pictures - your photographers will have a field day!

Sent on 09/15/2016

cathy · Married on 07/17/2016

Landmark Center has been quick to reply when we've had questions or concerns. The venue itself it simply beautiful and steepd in history which my fiance and I both love. We are planning a small wedding so the Chief Justice room will be a perfect spot for us and our family/friends. The Landmark center has a variety of caterers to choose from who all have great reviews on thai and other sites. The Center is the exclusive vendor for alcohol sales but they have been very flexible about beverage minimums considering our group is under 50 people. The gorgeous building coupled with lovely Rice Park across the street is a perfect place for a wedding/reception.

Sent on 10/02/2015

Morgan · Married on 06/25/2016

I absolutely love the Landmark Center! Not only is it beautiful, but the staff is so easy to work with and very professional. Our guests complimented the venue all night. The only thing that I wish was different about the location is that parking around the area can sometimes be tricky for a large event.

Sent on 07/17/2016

Alyssa · Married on 08/30/2014

I loved having our wedding at the Landmark Center! The cortile is beautiful and needs minimal decoration. The brides' room and grooms' rooms are gorgeous. Betsy and the event team make wedding planning a breeze, especially in terms of set-up and tear-down.

Sent on 09/03/2014

Hannah · Married on 08/29/2014

I fell in love with landmark, it's beauty is extraordinary. Everyone was so easy to work with, I couldn't be more pleased. It was the perfect setting for the perfect day.

Sent on 09/13/2014

Kristy · Married on 07/05/2014

We absolutely loved the Landmark Center! Besty and Jenny were absolutely wonderful to work with. Both returned our calls/emails right away. The venue is absolutely GORGEOUS and we got so many compliments. It doesn't require a huge amount of decorating since it is already stunning.

Sent on 07/09/2014

Molly · Married on 01/10/2014

LOVED our reception here!

We got it for a great price, we were able to pick our own caterer, which is unheard of. They even had a beautiful room for us to get ready in. That allowed us to set up the day of, get ready in that room and have all of our hair and makeup done on site... so nice.

Sent on 02/12/2014

May · Married on 10/20/2012

The Landmark Center is AMAZING! It is such a BEAUTIFUL venue and we received so many wonderful compliments on how gorgeous it was! Working with Betsy was also great. She answered ALL my questions and made it SO EASY to work with. I had almost 400 guests and with Betsy's help, I was able to fit EVERYTHING and all the tables needed. I am forever thankful and appreciative of Betsy's wonderful service.

Sent on 10/30/2012

Anna · Married on 06/30/2012

Well.. if you've ever seen the Landmark Center or met their coordinator Betsy, you will understand my perfect review. It's a gorgeous setting for a wedding and all night our guests gave us compliments at how beautiful the venue was. I can't say enough good things about their event staff. They were professional, courteous and really respectful. The Landmark Center and their staff were one of the biggest reasons our wedding was such a success.

Sent on 07/02/2012

Laura · Married on 03/28/2012

Everyone I worked with at the Landmark Center were very friendly and professional. Included in my room rental were all the tables, chairs, and microphones I used, as well as a stage and lighting, all of which they set up and take down for you. I spent very little on decorating, as the venue is beautiful itself. I have no regrets in my choice of venue. I also used their bar service and was very pleased. If you choose the Landmark Center, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 06/05/2012

Jacqueline · Married on 10/15/2011

Betsy is phenomenal to work with! She listens to all of your ideas and finds a way to make everything happen. The Landmark Center itself is gorgeous, and the staff behind it make it even better! Highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 10/18/2011
  • Carolyn

Carolyn · Married on 09/30/2011

Betsy at the Landmark Center was amazing! From the day we booked Landmark until the day of our wedding, if we ever needed a question answered or more information on something, she was always there to help! I would definitely suggest the Landmark Center for anyone's wedding. Not only is it a gorgeous space that can hold a lot of guests, you can also bring your own caterer and the staff is extremely helpful!

Sent on 10/12/2011

Brett · Married on 10/12/2007

The Landmark was the PERFECT venue for our wedding. Their service was incredibly professional as well as flexible. We felt very well taken care of throughout the entire process. Their staff was wonderful. We worked with Betsy for our planning and she really helped us plan the day and make us feel at ease with everything. I highly recommend booking the Landmark Center for your wedding. There was plenty of space for our many guests, we were able to book our own catering, their prices were quite reasonable and it was the kind of experience you cross your fingers for.

Sent on 02/04/2009

Michael · Married on 07/27/2018

Our daughter was married here in July. Great St. Paul location, and helpful staff. Wonderful experience with Hllary, and Betsy!!! Very Beautiful too.

Sent on 08/10/2018

Rocio · Married on 01/02/2015

They are amazing. Place is beautiful and so easy to work with. Did not worry much for decorations, this place on its own is just perfect. The staff is friendly, we had no problems at all and are willing to work with you in anything you need.

Sent on 01/20/2015

Sarah · Married on 08/02/2014

Loved this venue! We were originally drawn to it due to the open catering policy and the location! Betsy was an absolute joy to work with! The venue itself is so stunning! Most weddings in our family have been in hotels but I wanted something more original so we decided to have our wedding here, so happy we did! Loved our venue!

Sent on 12/19/2014

Katie · Married on 11/19/2010

Landmark Center was absolutely amazing! Our ceremony and reception turned out perfect! Betsy and Pam were great to work with as well. The only downside is they don't accept credit cards and there are no bathrooms on the main floor. It is one of the most beautiful buildings in the twin cities. Absolutely amazing!

Sent on 12/07/2010

Emily · Married on 08/10/2007

The landmark center was a great site for the wedding. Our contact person was very helpful and available on the day of the wedding to check on any of our last minute needs. The staff was very friendly and helpful

Sent on 10/27/2007

Amanda · Married on 02/28/2015

Best decision we made was having our wedding ceremony and reception at the Landmark Center in Saint Paul. The building itself had guests in awe of the beauty. It was so nice to have the whole building including two courtrooms - one for the girls to get ready in and one for the guys to get ready in. We didn't have to leave all day. It was really beautiful and fun. The team there was really fun and easy to work with. The one downfall is the alcohol is expensive.

Sent on 03/30/2015

John · Married on 09/27/2014

The venue is unbelievable. All of our guests were impressed by the space... it's gorgeous, and it makes for great pictures. There are a few disappointments, and they're not deal-breakers by any means, but they are things you should know:
    1. Currently, the landmark center is undergoing restoration on its facade. This means that there is scaffolding up everywhere. Probably not pertinent to couples booking into the future. This place fills up fast, and by the time your date is near, it will probably be done.
    2. The bathrooms aren't great, and there are none on the main level. Everyone will have to go to a different floor to use the bathrooms, and they're not particularly nice. That being said, everything else is so beautiful that it's easy to overlook that.
    3. You have to use their beverage service. We would have been able to provide a lot more alcohol to our guests had we been able to provide our own, but I don't think that's an option at a lot of places anyway. We were happy with the service and selection.
    4. Not a lot of nearby hotels, and they're expensive. Didn't stop us, though :)

Here are the great things:
    1. You can choose your own caterer. There were a lot of places where they had really high catering minimums. Not the case here. And honestly, if you're using the Landmark Center and not using Chef Jeff's catering, you're insane. His prices are super reasonable, and everyone loves him and his food.
    2. It's a palace. One of our young nephews asked, "Is this where a king lives?" Yeah, it's that impressive.
    3. The getting ready rooms are stunning.
    4. Lots of great outdoor areas nearby for photography.

The pluses outweigh the minuses by a long shot, and if we had to do it all over again, we would use this venue again without even looking around at any others. You can't go wrong with this place.

Sent on 10/14/2014

Laura · Married on 05/13/2011

Betsy was a doll. She was so very helpful every step of the way and was so patient and sweet. The landmark center was breathtaking of course and looked even more amazing once all of our rental decor was in there. (We used Bella Amore Events for chair covers, sashes, table runners and cupcake candelabra centerpieces) The Landmark staff was so sweet. I hear that they kept walking by and telling my Family/Friends "wow, this is the most beautiful reception we've seen in here yet!" That just shows what kind of people work there: Friendly, sociable, nice people! The security guard was so great and flexible too. Overall, everybody there was just so nice and made our wedding day so special! The Landmark is worth every penny to be able to get married in such a gorgeous and historic venue. Our pictures turned out incredible too because of the beautiful architecture. Just an awesome place to make lifelong memories in! I recommend to anyone and you will be very lucky if you get to work with Betsy! She is the best!

Sent on 06/11/2012

Shannon · Married on 07/22/2006

I have loved the Landmark Center since I first stepped foot inside for my high school senior prom. When it came time to plan for my wedding, I took my fiance into the space and he feel in love as well. Not only is it a gorgeous space, but there are lots of options for ceremony and reception setups and different rooms to rent. It's also a photographer's dream with the beautiful natural light and hidden areas for intimate photos. Betsy and her crew were flexible and patient and made everyone come together easily for us. My husband and I always visit the space when we are downtown to relive the excitement and romance of our day.

Sent on 04/16/2009
  • Kate

Kate · Married on 06/03/2016

3.5

My fiancé and I had looked at A LOT of reception venues, but as soon as we walked into the Landmark Center we knew it was the one! The venue itself is absolutely stunning- the high ceilings and columns make for incredible pictures! The coordinators were helpful and accommodating. What helped us make our decision to have our wedding there is they allow you to use any caterer, however they have a list of "preferred vendors" (Chef Jeff is AMAZING). The best part? The Landmark Center is REASONABLY PRICED! We chose to have alcohol at our wedding (which you must buy from them) and the bar staff was fantastic. They even include a security guard in the price so you don't have to worry about people stealing or unwanted/rowdy guests. I would 100% recommend them for your wedding, as we could not of had a more perfect day! P.S. Book early- their schedule fills up fast!

Sent on 07/07/2016

Amy · Married on 10/24/2009

3.5

This was a fantastic venue!! Its absolutely gorgeous and Betsy, the wedding planner, was great! She responded quickly to any questions or concerns I had. The only somewhat negative is that you have to do everything yourself - they will set up the tables in the arrangement requested, but thats about all they do. We had to have a group of 10 do our set up and there was a lot to set up! But we got it done and it was absolutely gorgeous!

Sent on 11/04/2009