LaLa Custom Cake Reviews

LaLa Custom Cake 6
  • Erin

Erin Dennis · Married on 07/13/2019

so yummy and so pretty!

Leah was great to work with! My out of town sister found her (in my hometown!) and got the ball rolling. i went for a tasting and was thrilled with the quality and how nice she was in brainstorming possibilities. we picked some candy toppers to go wit our theme and she was flexible in putting it all together with her own beautiful artistry. Many guests commented on how good it was! We had a small cake and 125+ cupcakes made in 3 flavors.

Sent on 07/16/2019
    LaLa Custom Cake 7
    LaLa Custom Cake 8

Liv Stessney · Married on 05/23/2019

Flexible and delicious!

delicious and sophisticated cupcakes! Ordering through Lala's was so EASY! Leah really prioritizes the client, delivery was punctual, the cupcakes were not only rot die for but also beautiful, and the display was gorgeous! 10/10 would absolutely recommend!

Sent on 06/16/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole Martin · Married on 05/18/2019

Amazing Wedding Cake

LaLa Custom Cakes was a dream to work with for my wedding cake. Leah, the shop owner, is so friendly and easy to talk with and made my husband and I feel at ease with the process. Despite our reception venue being in a non air conditioned space, our wedding cake was delivered at just the right time so nothing melted at all in the 85 degree heat! The cakes themselves are delicious and every flavor is so good we had a hard time choosing our tiers! We ended up with three flavors (one for each tier) and our wedding guests were raving about how good the cakes were. We had barely any left at the end of the reception! I would highly recommend LaLa Cakes for your wedding cake needs.

Sent on 06/17/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 05/17/2019

Nothing Short of Amazing

Leah was able to do our very specific details to a "T" and it turned out AHHHHHMAZING!!!! We wanted a traditional cassata cake but with flair. She was able to not only tier the cake (3 layers) but it was delivered it perfect condition. We took our traditional cassata cake and added a touch of almond flavoring to the cake and Lavender essential oil to the frosting. We received lots of compliments on the cake.

Sent on 06/19/2019
    LaLa Custom Cake 9

Erin · Married on 08/25/2018

We had a wonderful experience with Leah and LaLa Custom Cakes. Leah was responsive and flexible with setting up tastings and throughout the entire process of planning our wedding cake. The cake was delicious and looked exactly the way we envisioned! From start to finish, working with LaLa Custom Cakes was awesome. Highly, highly recommend.

Sent on 10/08/2018
  • Alison

Alison · Married on 08/03/2018

Leah was honestly so sweet to work with, I have already recommended so many friends to her! She did a gorgeous job on both our bridal shower cake and wedding cake. The best part: not only did they look beautiful, they tasted even better. She had us (myself, husband, and maid of honor) in to taste a few flavors and it was hard to pick just one! Don’t hesitate to use LaLa Custom Cake! I will be using them in the future for any cake needs. Prices are also very reasonable. Photos are from another vendor found on wedding wire (Sarah Rose Photography!)

Sent on 10/11/2018
    LaLa Custom Cake 10
    LaLa Custom Cake 11

Tisha · Married on 07/14/2018

I ordered a cake and cupcakes from LaLa Custom Cakes a week before my wedding. Everyone loved it and they tasted great!

Sent on 07/22/2018
  • Chelsey

Chelsey · Married on 10/21/2017

Omg, I cannot say enough great things about Lala Custom Cakes! Leah, you are a dream to work with. After our first consultation, I knew I made the right choice. I used LaLa for my 4 tiered wedding cake. I was able to make each tier a different flavor, all of which were amazing. Seriously, I don't think I have ever heard so many compliments about the wedding cake before!! All evening, my guests kept asking "Who did the cake!? It was the best I've ever had!"

I tried a place on the east side which was good, but a little expensive ($6.00/slice). LaLa was $4.50 and so so much better!!

Usually, I find wedding cake to be dry, or a place most couples try to cut costs with a sheet cake. But please consider LaLa when looking for a cake! You will not be disappointed with the service and will look forward to any leftovers you get (I got like 4 slices left over because so many people ate the cake!!)

Sent on 11/05/2017
    LaLa Custom Cake 12

Kimberly · Married on 07/29/2017

Lalas cake was awesome. Very professional staff and beautiful cake served at my wedding. Cakes very reasonable.

Sent on 12/29/2017

Everything about working with Leah from LaLa Custom Cake was excellent. She was responsive, accommodating, creative, timely, and an overall pleasure. We had a budget and she came up with many options for us without going $1 over what we wanted to spend. We never wanted a large, conventional wedding cake, and after trying her cupcakes and macarons, we found the ideal alternative. We settled on a dessert table with a small cake for cutting, everyone raved about the desserts and the proof was in the lack of leftovers ;) Her confections are both delicious and beautiful. She did a wonderful job of coordinating with our venue and caterer to set up the table and it came out perfect! My only caution is that her desserts might actually be addictive, and may cause you to drive to her shop regularly even after your wedding! It may go without saying at this point but we would highly recommend LaLa Custom Cake.

Sent on 12/12/2016

Leigh · Married on 08/20/2016

Best tasting cake and cupcakes all around! We chose LaLa for our wedding and I received so many compliments on how amazing the cake/cupcake display looked at tasted! So pleased with Leah's work! The whole wedding cake process ran smoothly from our first meeting until the end!

Sent on 08/26/2016

Emily · Married on 04/15/2016

Leah from LaLa Custom Cake went above and beyond for my favors at my wedding. A week before my wedding I messaged her to ask if she could do bride and groom cake pops to be favors at my wedding. She quickly responded and told me she was able to make the cake pops in the short amount of time I gave her! She also delivered them to the venue for me after time got away from me and I was not able to pick them up the day before the wedding. The cake pops were absolutely amazing! Many of my wedding guests said that they were the best they have ever had. ( We had the chocolate chip cookie dough and mocha flavors. Yum!!) I also want to point out that I have had Leah's cake and cup cakes at local events and farmers markets and her cake/icing is the best around! Love her cup cakes. Love her cake. LOVED her cake pops. I recommend her to any bride who wants the sweet treats at her wedding to be worry free and delicious!

Sent on 04/22/2016

M · Married on 03/19/2016

My husband and I were SO pleased with LaLa Custom Cake! LaLa provides all that you would want from a wedding cake baker:

(1) DELICIOUS cake!!
    (6) fast and kind communication
    (7) flexibility--a desire to work with and serve the customer
    (8) experience
    (9) reliability

What sets LaLa apart is that she provides delicious, beautiful food and stellar customer service! We HIGHLY recommend LaLa Custom Cake!

Sent on 05/01/2016

Heather · Married on 02/27/2016

Leah is amazing and so are her cakes and cupcakes! She did a phenomenal job with our wedding shower and reception cake and cupcakes. Not only did everything taste amazing, it looked absolutely beautiful! Exactly what we were looking for and so much more!

Sent on 06/03/2016

Was fabulous. Really glad we went with her.

Tracy · Married on 05/30/2015

We found Leah at a wedding show and she was newer at the time but we've never experienced a better tasting cake! I cannot wait to use her for parties and any occasion! We asked her to make macarons for our wedding a few were the first wedding she's done that for. They turned out PERFECT! We had a dessert table and she made cookies, pies, cakes, etc. We had ZERO pieces of dessert to take home, it was that delicious!

Maggie · Married on 05/29/2015

We absolutely loved having Leah make our cake/cupcakes! She's so dependable, knowledgeable, as well as passionate about what she does and makes it so much fun to sit back and talk about cake during all of the planning. By far, one of our favorite vendors to work with, she's just all around a really wonderful person.

The cake and cupcakes themselves were beautifully done and, even more importantly, they are the best cakes we have ever had! Leah was so accommodating to our Gluten-Free and Vegan guests--and those cupcakes were as good as the regular ones! Our guests raved about them all night! Highly recommend LaLa Custom Cake to anyone!

Sent on 01/25/2016

Megan · event on 04/18/2015

Leah made the most beautiful smash cake for my daughter's 1 year pictures. The design was perfect and my daughter had so much fun diving right into it! So happy we chose her!

Rebecca · Married on 07/11/2014

Leah was very accomendating. She scheduled a tasting of her amazing cupcakes near my apartment. Being allergic to dairy products, I was very nervous I would never find a baker that could actually make edible, beautiful cupcakes for my wedding. Not only did she deliver on her promise she had five different vegan flavors for me to try along with four non-vegan cupcakes for my husband! My wedding was a rustic but elegant evening in a beautiful barn. Leah made sure the cupcakes were delivered on time and made the entire cupcake tiered cake look absolutely beautiful. I would highly recommend her for any occasion! She is also very affordable!

Sent on 03/23/2016

Leah did an amazing job with my wedding cake. Not only did she make my cake more beautiful that I could ever imagine, it was delicious too. I would highly recommend LaLa Custom Cake to anyone looking for the perfect cake.

Sent on 03/10/2016

Jennifer · Married on 09/29/2012

Our wedding cake was the best I've ever had. I believe it was her first gluten free baking experience and she nailed it. No one could tell it was gluten free and I heard from so many guests about how delicious it was. A year later on our anniversary it thawed out and tasted just as good! Talented baker. Fun to work with! She's my go to for any baking referrals.

Sent on 03/09/2016

Michelle · Married on 09/05/2010

I have not only had La La Custom Cake for my wedding, but for multiple events since then. The owner is amazing, she is easy to work with, extremely creative and detail oriented. She is very attune to her client's desires, she was able to capture exactly what I wanted, offered exceptional customer service.

Did I mention the cake, cupcakes, rolls, and macaroons are DELICIOUS!!??

I highly recommend this company for all events big or small.

Sent on 03/23/2016

Matthew · Married on 06/09/2018

We've been getting cupcakes from LaLa Custom Cake for a while and they have NEVER disappointed. We love supporting local businesses in Lakewood, and it's much easier to do so when the product they sell is this good!

Working with Leah was great from start to finish. We didn't have all the details figured out (flavors, quantity, etc), but she helped us through the planning process wonderfully. We ended up getting a small 6" cake for us and cupcakes for everyone else. We tried a few custom flavors until we found exactly what we wanted for our small cake - and we ended up with a seriously perfect "bananas foster" themed cake. So delicious. It was beautifully decorated as well - simple yet elegant.

...Writing this review is making me hungry...

Sent on 07/08/2018

Ashley · Married on 11/12/2016

Leah is simply amazing! Every time we had questions she answered quickly! After the first consult, I walked out and said to my now husband "I think we found our cake person!" Her cakes and frosting weren't too sweet and her decorating style matched how I always pictured my cake. Leah herself is friendly and fun! If you want your cake to be amazing and to not have to worry about it Leath is your girl!

Sent on 11/23/2016