Lakeside Hall at Fort Ritchie Reviews

12 | Cascade, MD

12 Reviews for Lakeside Hall at Fort Ritchie

Lakeside Hall was the perfect venue. We had an evening reception there. Our guests all commented on how beautiful the location and the hall were. We had about 140 guests and it was comfortable. The price was extremely reasonable and Kelly was very friendly and helpful throughout the process with ideas for decorating and set up. We were able to set up the day prior and we had the hall booked the entire day of, which is a plus compared to some venues that book more than one wedding per day. I am so, so happy that we found Lakeside Hall!

Tara · Married on 11/08/2015

We had a very unique idea in mind for our wedding and lakeside hall was the perfect location. It's was only 15 minutes for all my family and guest to stay in cobblestone hotel making transportation super easy. Kelly our coordinator was always promptly responsive and helpful. We felt like we had no concerns because Kelly made details such and do and don'ts, time frames, where to get help with rental insurance etc very simple. It was literally the smoothest wedding I have ever been too. I was able to your take pictures prior to setting up my very specific themed decorations to make sure they worked. Kelly was also very considerate and understanding with payment. I truly felt like we got what we paid for. I would recommend to ANYONE!! You won't regret it!!

The venue is absolutely beautiful and a value for the price! They are very lenient as far as what you can and can not do. Kelly Stern was an absolute joy to work with! Highly recommend.

Leah · Married on 10/23/2015

I could not have been happier with our wedding at Ft. Ritchie. The weather turned out to be beautiful for a gorgeous fall ceremony on the deck, however had a back up plan to get married inside in front of the fireplace which helped my nervousness with unpredictable weather of October. The hall is gorgeous with minimal decorating and the deck is great for people to hang out after if they don't like to dance. The outdoors, deck, dock, and surrounding grounds are perfect for pictures, especially at sunset. I could not have been happier with the way ours turned out. Kelly is great to communicate with and she responds to emails quickly, the cost is very affordable as it includes all the tables and chairs. The venue has bridal/groom suites to get ready in. I can't say enough about how perfect our day was. Highly recommend for any type of bride looking for a BEAUTIFUL mountain venue.
    This venue does have a list of vendors you must use for food, however we used Celebrations and loved the food, staff, and table linens. You can't go wrong at Ft. Ritchie!!

HOLLY · Married on 10/16/2015

We've had a long engagement at almost a whole 18 months. We started our process with Dori, and then we continued with Kelly. These women have been so accommodating, and I haven't even had my wedding yet!! lol I've done a walk through at least three times now, b/c being engaged long it's hard to keep a visual of what you want where. She is endless when it comes to suggestions from everything from décor to vendors. With this location you are truly getting your bang for your buck. This is a great hidden treasure on the mountain! You will not regret going with Lakeside! I will write another review with pictures of our wedding after!!

Deanna · Married on 09/19/2015

Im so happy I stumbled across Lakeside Hall when i was looking for venues to have our wedding. It had everything i wanted. An outside area for the ceremony on the deck with the beautiful lake and the backdrop of the mountains just made it beautiful. It also has a indoor area for the reception and a fall back just in case it rained which really gave me ease and with how gorgeous and rustic the inside is it wouldnt have ruined the ceremony. I liked that I didnt have to rent chairs or tables one expense i didnt need to worry about. Also Kelly was so easy to work with we had a choice of who was our cater as well as other vendors along with kelly providing us with several options for vendors as well. The price is unbeatable as well. Lakeside hall gave me the setting for the wedding of my dreams!!!! I have no complaints at all!!!

Heather · Married on 06/06/2015

I LOVED this venue. Scenery was beautiful. Location quiet, peaceful, elegant. One of the few places that offered amenities that were important to me such as heating, air conditioning, and just an overall cozy feel. The lake and mountain offered a beautiful backdrop for pictures. Kelly and Dori represented Lakeside Hall and are great coordinators. They offer friendly and caring advice with planning as well.

Kathy · Married on 05/23/2015

Love love love Lakeside Hall at Fort Ritchie

Ashley · Married on 09/01/2014

Beautiful wedding location and it was nice to be able to have the wedding and reception both at the same location.

Bethany · Married on 05/15/2016

We had our ceremony on the deck and the reception inside. It was a beautiful venue and the people there were great! They even had separate rooms to get ready in and that was great! I highly recommend this to anyone looking to have their whole wedding in one place!

3.5

Kelly from Lakeside Hall was awesome to work with. Anytime I had a question or concern, she would always return my emails or phone calls almost immediately. The venue was gorgeous and well kept, however, the only thing I would suggest is that the bride and the family does not have to do the cleaning of the venue at the end of the night. It's not really the most ideal, and for the price we paid for the venue, we feel it should have been included.

2.0
      3.0

Beautiful location. The only thing that I would suggest is that everyone get things in writing. I was told one thing and then they came back and said that they didn't "recall that specific conversation". Just get everything in writing.

Sent on 09/24/2015

Lakeside Hall at Fort Ritchie's reply:

We continue to improve our services and as new issues come up put them into the contract.