Lakes Cakes Reviews

221 Reviews for Lakes Cakes

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

221 Lakes Cakes Reviews

karen · Married on 07/21/2018

Cake and cupcakes were used for my daughters wedding. They were delicious and beautiful
    So many variety of cupcakes it was difficult to choose, our guests loved them all

Jessica · Married on 04/27/2018

We just had our cake tasting this week and it was wonderful! Heidi is very professional and easy to work with, all she shared with us helped immensely in our decision making and guiding us to just the right Wedding Cake!

Angel · Married on 04/19/2018

I order cookies and a cake from lakes cakes both were beautiful quality and taste great. Everybody loved them.and price was good

C · Married on 11/24/2017

I would highly recommend lakes cakes! I traveled from Chicago to Michigan for my wedding and they were so accommodating in letting us come pick up samples. The cakes was raved about by guests! We chose the chocolate- strawberry swirl. Not something we would typically pick but the cake was amazing and we couldn't resist that choice!! The final product looked identical to the picture we chose and I am so happy with the outcome. They were prompt and easy to work with!

Veronique · Married on 10/21/2017

Our Wedding Cake was gorgeous! Lakes Cakes was so easy to work with and provided us with guidance on picking out the PERFECT cake. Would use again, in a heartbeat, for a special event

Meghan · Married on 10/14/2017

Heidi was a joy to work with from start to finish! The private tasting takes place in her beautiful home, and she has so many wonderful flavors, it was hard to pick! She was always available and responded quickly when we had any questions, and was very communicative leading up in the last few weeks before the wedding. We received so many compliments on the cake all evening. We couldn't of been happier! I

Lakes Cakes 1
    Lakes Cakes 2

Jennifer · Married on 10/05/2017

The cake we requested came out better than we could have imagined. My husband and I live in Arizona and our wedding was in Michigan where both our families are. We relied on them to plan the wedding. I chose the design of the cake from a pictures on Lakes Cakes website. Ours was a three tier, off-centered, square cake. Each layer was a different flavor. My mom did the cake testing and she was right when she said the raspberry chocolate was the best cake she ever tasted. When I saw the cake, I couldn't believe how perfect it looked. I felt bad cutting into it. It was the most moist and flavorful wedding cake I've ever had. I highly recommend Lakes Cakes, you won't be disapointed.

Thilo · Married on 09/30/2017

We had two wedding cakes at our wedding. One regular one and one gluten and dairy free cake, which was quite a challenge. Lakes Cakes did an amazing job. The taste was great and they looked amazing. We loved their butter cream.
    I can highly recommend Lakes Cakes.

Lakes Cakes 3
    Lakes Cakes 4

Jeff · Married on 09/08/2017

We are returning customers because of the awesome work they do! Everything is delicious and beautifully decorated. We sent some pictures of what we were hoping for and not only did the nail it, but went far beyond our expectations. Our guests couldn't say enough great things as well. Thanks Again. Jeff And Gretchen

Stephanie · Married on 09/08/2017

Lakes of Cakes created a beautiful wedding cake for us! It was so yummy! Their rates are VERY reasonable and I loved how they listened to exactly everything that we wanted. They were on time, professional, and stayed to personally add the flowers our florist left to our cake. It was perfect!

Lakes Cakes 5

Jessica · Married on 09/01/2017

This company was fantastic to work with. I called Lakes Cake less than thirty days prior to the wedding with a plea for help. Gregory and Heidi were so accommodating to make sure that they were able to create and deliver a cake that was absolutely stunning. So many guests commented how beautiful the cake looked. I can honestly say that there was more than enough cake with very little left because everyone wanted to take it home. I would without a doubt use Lakes Cakes again and would highly recommend anyone else to do the same.

Alex · Married on 07/22/2017

Lakes Cakes was everything we could have hoped for in a cake provider. They provided a tasting box customized with the flavors which had already been decided, that remained excellent across three flights and the several days between my wife's initial tasting and my own. They were helpful trying to work within our budget, followed our particular requests for a naked style cake with minimal frosting perfectly, and were flexible in their delivery to ensure neither of us had to worry about the cake after the initial order. I could not recommend them highly enough.

Lakes Cakes 6

Sharon · Married on 07/15/2017

The cake was amazing and beautiful!

Kristi · Married on 07/15/2017

Lakes Cakes was awesome and highly recommended!!! Our wedding (cheesecake) was not only beautiful, but sooo delicious!!!! Greg and Heidi were great to work with as well. Thank you for everything!!!!

Alycia · Married on 07/01/2017

Lakes Cakes helped make our wedding cake dreams come true! Heidi and Gregory were absolutely amazing. From helping us choose flavors that will compliment well, to bringing our crazy idea to life, I cannot thank them enough. Beautiful and delicious cakes. I still get compliments from my guests on how wonderful the cake was. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!! Thank you Heidi and Gregory!!

Rose · Married on 05/27/2017

We ordered cupcakes with filling for our wedding and they were awesome! They delivered or cupcakes on time and they tasted great. Everyone at the wedding loved them. So many options to choose from too!

Mickie · Married on 08/19/2016

We had so many compliments on our cake! Not only did it look amazing, the flavors were better than I could hope for! I would highly recommend Lakes Cakes and will use them at our next event!

Lakes Cakes was fantastic even from the very beginning. Extremely prompt in answering all my questions. The tasting was fabulous in both that the cakes tasted amazing and because there were quite a bit to try so you knew exactly how everything was going to taste. And boy did it taste great! We had ordered a 3 tier wedding cake, neapolitan style so white, chocolate, and strawberry for the different tiers. We had ordered a cake to serve 100 and only about 85 came. However, there were only three pieces of cake from all three tiers left over. People loved it, and when I went to taste it after I understood. Lakes Cakes also did a fantastic job in decorating it. I gave her pictures of the lace details in my dress and she was able to recreate it in buttercream icing. She also decorated it beautifully with the flowers she was given. So much so that when I forgot the wedding cake topper, no one but myself even noticed it not being there. Would highly recommend!!

Heidi was wonderful to work, from our first meeting with her we were sure we wouldn't have any problems. The cake looked wonderful and was more importantly DELICIOUS! Thank you!

Jennifer · Married on 10/02/2015

Heidi and her husband were an absolute joy to work with for my wedding cake! I live very far away from where they work, so I have never met them in person, but they executed my vegan cake with perfection. The appearance was to die for, and exactly what I had requested. I even left Heidi random extra faux flowers from my arrangements, and she decorated my cake and cake stand with them. IT LOOKED AMAZING! All of my guests raved about the flavor of my cake (vegan pumpkin spice, with vegan buttercream frosting) and my husband and I ate the leftovers for breakfast the next morning. Not joking, Couldn't be happier with Lakes Cakes's customer service, presentation, and pricing. I still dream about eating my wedding cake until this day.

• Courtney

Courtney · Married on 07/18/2015

Very professional and know what they are doing. We loved our consultation that she gave us, it was very quick and she gave us lots of samples to choose from. I showed her a picture of exactly what we wanted and she did an amazing job recreating the picture that I showed her. All of our guests at our wedding said that our cake was the best wedding cake they had ever had at a wedding!
    Overall we highly recommend!

Sean · Married on 06/20/2015

We had a some issues with another vendor when it cake to our cake and chose at the last minute to switch to Lakes Cakes. They were very helpful and able to come in and save the day. The cake was beautiful and very delicious. When talking about the design we showed them a picture of a cake design that we wanted. They were able to provide several different options to improve on the cake and also save us money. In the end I would highly recommend them to any and all of my friends or family.

Steffani · Married on 05/30/2015

Our cake was absolutely perfect. It was as beautiful as it was delicious! Lakes Cakes is affordable, reliable and a pleasure to work with.

Kim · Married on 05/24/2015

Our cake was delicious! And was almost too beautiful to cut into! We had a 3-tier, square buttercream cake with ribbon and flowers as decorations. The guests particularly enjoyed the confetti cake and white cake with strawberry mousse filling. We used some sheet cake to keep costs down and overall, the price was very reasonable. Heidi was great to work with and I would highly recommend her to others!