Lake Union Cafe & Custom Bakery Reviews

101 | Seattle, WA

101 Reviews for Lake Union Cafe & Custom Bakery

Joni Shinsato · Married on 02/02/2020

My Knights In Shinning Armor

Lake Union Cafe and their staff were my knights in shinning armor! My husband (omg!) and I were one of the many couples affected by the Monte Cristo Ballroom closure- luckily we had a few months to recoup and replan. Luckily Lake Union was free on our date and once we signed we were able to hit the ground running and plan an AMAZING event. They answered all my questions quickly and were very accommodating when I asked for things like "can we play the superbowl after the ceremony"? Day of: the venue was gorgeous and the food was delicious. Once the day began I was able to just let go and see all my plans unfold and it was magical. I have nothing but positive things to say about my wedding day and I attribute that to all my vendors but I definitely couldn't have done it without LUC.

Sent on 02/08/2020

Erin · Married on 10/26/2019

Blew our expectations right out of the water!

I cannot say enough about Lake Union Cafe. It was not on our original list of venues to look at but a coworker told me about it and we stopped in one day while we were in the area and decided it was perfect. From the first tour, to the night of our wedding, everything has been positively wonderful and Tasia and her team is an absolute JOY to work with! They are so responsive and helpful and provide you all the tools you need to plan your wedding at their venue. We LOVED that it was an all-in type place and everything was already on site. There was no fussing with rentals or table arrangements or any of that, it was all there, and it made our process just that much easier. The onsite bakery and florist was a breeze, and we were so happy with how everything turned out. JJ's floral designs were just gorgeous, and she was such a pleasure to work with. She ended up being our coordinator on the day of and we just loved her. She was so cheerful and flexible and fun, and she kept everything light and easy going, and I couldn't have been more appreciative of that. The FOOD was unbelievably good. We got rave after rave about how amazing it was, and that it was the best meal they've ever had at a wedding. We were told repeatedly throughout the night that ours was the most beautiful wedding someone had been to, and that is high praise. Our wedding was gorgeous, it was fun, and JJ somehow managed to bring together all my ideas and designs and choices into something truly magical, and it far exceeded every expectation I had. I could not have imagined a better event and a better team to work with, and we are so very grateful to everything they did for us. I would not hesitate to recommend this venue to anyone else who is considering them. They are phenomenal!

Sent on 12/27/2019

Lake Union Cafe & Custom Bakery's reply:

Thank you so much Erin for this amazing review!! We truly enjoyed working with you on your wedding celebration. Wishing you two all the best.
    xo
    LUC Team

T Hou · Married on 10/19/2019

Would Get Married Here Again

While we won't be having another wedding, we definitely would do it here again!

* The staff were incredibly responsive and open to our questions throughout the whole planning process. A day of coordinator is also included, so that took a lot of stress/anxiety away.
    * The venue space is absolutely gorgeous and requires very little additional decor (if any).
    * Food was amazing (moist chicken)!! Our guests keep telling us how much they loved the food. LUC also made sure we actually got to eat by plating up appetizers and dinner for us.
    * So flexible. They provide a lot of amenities in-house (at super reasonable prices), but also allow you to bring a lot of your own stuff if you choose (alcohol, dessert, florals/decor).

Sent on 11/05/2019
  • Erika

Erika · Married on 09/13/2019

Wonderful in every way!!

I cannot say enough great things about this venue and their staff! We had an Art Deco/Great Gatsby themed wedding at the Lake Union Cafe and it was absolutely incredible. We had considered having this theme for our wedding, and once we toured this historic venue, we knew it would be perfect! From our first visit, we were greeted and given a very informative and friendly tour of their beautiful space. They have very well laid out pricing information, and they are extremely responsive and answer any and all questions. It is very clear they are experienced and their professionalism is outstanding. Throughout the planning process, the LUC team kept in touch with us and helped us handle all the details. Having the venue, food, and dessert all from the same place was amazing and so valuable! JJ was the coordinator for our rehearsal and wedding day and she kept in contact with me, the DJ, the photographer, and our florist/decorator throughout the evening. Having her there was a life saver! She took SO much stress away from me! The LUC team is amazing to work with and it is clear they truly care about making sure your wedding day is fantastic! The guests all raved about how beautiful the venue was, and how awesome the food was! I would 100% recommend this venue and their team!!! THANK YOU LUC!

Sent on 09/17/2019
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 01/26/2019

Perfect Experience

We got married at LUC last weekend and have nothing but good things to say! They handled our catering, bar, dessert, and flowers. Taylor coordinated our event day-of and she was an absolute dream to work with; she answered every single question, kept everyone on schedule & in the right places, and was such a calming presence to have around. All of our guests raved about the dinner and desserts, and my bouquet was absolutely gorgeous. I would 100% recommend LUC to anybody looking to host a wedding or any other event.

Sent on 01/31/2019

Lake Union Cafe & Custom Bakery's reply:

Thank you so much for the review Sara! We are so happy to hear that your experience was a great one!

Morena Calvo · Married on 10/06/2018

Stress-Free and Stunning Venue

Lake Union Café was a dream to work with for our big day. Tasia ensured we didn’t have to do much to make our wedding a success but also worked with us on things we did want to do and accommodated our requests.

On the day of the wedding, Taylor ensured everything went smoothly. I didn't have to worry about any scheduling or where we had to be. She guided us throughout the evening. Our guests raved about the food, especially the pork shanks and mushroom ravioli, and the natural beauty of the space.

If you’re looking for a stress-free venue that looks fantastic and has several in-house amenities, check out Lake Union Café.

Sent on 10/19/2018

Brenna · Married on 07/21/2018

We are so excited about our upcoming wedding in 2018. I originally came in to get more information about their cakes not realizing they were a private venue as well! After coming in & meeting Tasia I was hooked! Not only did I get the information on the cakes like I originally wanted, she also offer a tour & was respectful of my time. I then went home & was so excited to come back & share the information with my future husband. We did the cake tasting in our home with our 7 year old who loved helping. We decided to come back & do another tour & ask more questions. It was very easy to schedule, we were able to get in that weekend easily enough! Tasia was AMAZING! She was so knowledgeable & easy to talk with. I had TONS of questions & she patient & able to answer them all. THANK YOU we can't wait to celebrate our big day!

Sent on 10/27/2017
  • Tiffany

Tiffany · Married on 07/05/2018

The food and cake was beyond amazing!!! It was better than I even remembered from our food tasting! The cake design turned out better than I could have ever imagined!! They did a wonderful job at my venue at the MV Skansonia! I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 07/18/2018

Amanda · Married on 02/17/2018

Words will never be able to fully describe how wonderful it was to have Lake Union Cafe as our wedding & reception venue! The entire staff made the planning process an absolute breeze! We loved how we could book the flowers, linens, cake, food and alcohol all through the venue and also have a day of coordinator included! My husband and I are both full time working professionals and have minimal time to plan. LUC took the time at each meeting to make sure we would get exactly what we want. We loved how easy it was to book a band as well! The free parking for our guests was fantastic as well as the candle package we booked to make our evening winter wedding stunning! All of our guests raved about the delicous food and cake and LOVED the passed appetizers during the cocktail hour. For most of our guests they said it was the best wedding they have been to due to the beauty of it but also the intimate venue space and quality within every element!!! If you are searching for a wedding venue PLEASE do yourself a favor and give LUC a visit!

Sent on 03/13/2018

Samah · Married on 01/14/2018

If I could give this venue 10 stars, or even 100 stars, I would.
    My now husband and I had almost 3 months to plan and hold a wedding. We checked out a few venues and all of them did not meet our criteria. When we stepped into Lake Union Cafe (our last venue we viewed) everything was PERFECT. We signed day of our viewing because this place was too good to be true. We read the reviews and we saw only 5 star reviews. And we were able to experience the 5+ star reviews as we worked with them.
    We had the pleasure of mostly working with Anita (it's a team of 3 AMAZING ladies, they were all really wonderful, talented and so incredibly helpful oh my goodness, they all really impressed me). Anita is adorable, she has the cutest laugh, super easy to talk to and work with. We had a tea vendor come in for the wedding to serve tea in stead of alcohol, and even he made a point to mention to us after our wedding how incredibly kind, and easy going Anita was. When you are planning a wedding, you are at your wits end. Having someone make sure the day-of is running smoothly, and on time is really crucial. Anita was more than that right person for all of it, everyone of my friends who met her on the day-of absolutely loved her, and her easy going nature in no way meant our schedule was not met on time. The grace with which she kept things running on time was really admirable.

Lake Union Cafe is absolutely where I would want to hold my wedding again. The team works with your budget, they genuinely want to help you throw your perfect wedding, their chef is top notch (seriously the food was so amazing, I highly encourage you to try their food tasting when considering them for your wedding. You cannot, and I mean, cannot go wrong with their food), and their baker, wow. We barely had any cake left at the end of the night, everyone LOVED the cake. The venue is so beautiful that even if you did not decorate much, your guests will still be wow-ed. I sincerely loved LUC. And so will you!

Sent on 03/12/2018

Heidi · Married on 11/04/2017

My wedding was 11/4/17 and I️ wouldn’t change anything about it for the world! Tasia was amazing as our event planner through the entire affair, JJ did an amazing job with our flowers and Anita was fantastic as our day of coordinator. The food was great and our Pear almond cake was delicious! This venue is all inclusive, so you don’t have to stress about finding vendors to communicate continuously with. As long as you are responsive and open with the event coordinator, everything will be exactly as you want it! I️ would pick this place over and over again!

Sent on 11/06/2017

Ayanna · Married on 11/03/2017

We found this place by doing an internet search for affordable venues in Seattle. We were able to take a tour on the same day, and it was amazing. When you walk in, you feel like you are in an upscale restaurant. If you are visiting when the weather is nice, you can go to the back wall/window and see the water. The bride and groom's suites are fun for pictures, and you can sign the wall so your event will last forever.

We paid for the extra votives - so worth it since we got married in the fall. This venue offers SO MUCH in house - flowers, food, alcohol, dessert, and day of help. Everyone here is SO nice - and their response time to all questions is awesome. They even send reminder emails to you if you forget to get back to them and are very polite even when you are the one who is dropping the ball :) We did signature drinks and they were able to accommodate that and any suggested changes, they ran by us first.

Everyone loved our venue and the pictures are amazing.

The only thing I would suggest that future brides know is that if you are getting married on a Friday, feel free to bring in your decorations on Thursday when you are there for the rehearsal. I did not realize I could do that and that would have been really helpful.

I hope to return here as a wedding guest :)

Sent on 12/30/2017

Erin · Married on 10/28/2017

We had initially thought about eloping due to our lack of desire to plan a big local wedding but I can honestly say after having our wedding at LUC last weekend that we made the correct choice by having it there. All of the staff was very helpful, supportive and professional from the first email inquiry to the follow up email a few days after our wedding. I highly recommend this venue for everyone, especially those who don't want to spend a lot of time planning. Their staff, venue and setup make it very easy to have a wedding (or any other private dining party) here. The venue is very pretty and the candle package they offer was beautiful. The food and bar were great as well! I honestly have no constructive feedback for LUC, everything went very smoothly! We would like to especially thank Anita for the detailed ceremony and reception script she wrote during rehearsal as well as the day of coordination she provided. Her organization and calm demeanor were very appreciated on the day of! :-)

Sent on 11/01/2017
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 08/27/2017

We tried over ten flavors from Lake Union Cafe and they were ALL incredible. We had the grand marnier and chocolate chip cake for our wedding and not only did it look EXACTLY how I'd wanted it, but so many guests commented on how delicious it was. It truly was the most delicious cake I've ever had. My new husband, who isn't really a cake person, even loved it. I myself am a cake fanatic and can say hands-down this is the best cake I've ever had. The price and the quality were amazing. I plan to order more cakes from them for our anniversaries to come!!

Sent on 08/29/2017

Elisabeth · Married on 08/26/2017

LUC is such a beautiful, unique space. From the beautiful marquee, to the supper club booths, the incredible chandeliers and the amazing candle package. Because the space is so beautiful on its own, it required very limited decoration -- a huge plus. Tasia, Melissa and JJ were all amazing to work with. They were so nice/informative and helped us to make each decision. They also worked well with all of our other vendors.

We started with two tray passed appetizers (the pork was amazing), followed by a buffet dinner, cake/cupcakes + late night snack (chicken and waffles). The food got rave reviews -- particularly the butternut squash ravioli and the salmon. I personally wasn't a fan of the chicken and waffles but my friends loved them! :)

We also got our cake from the LUC bakery, since LUC charges a pretty high fee if you bring in a cake. Luckily, the cake + cupcakes were incredible! We had an assortment of chocolate salted caramel, lemon raspberry, creme brulee, and chocolate hazelnut. We had a large group of gluten intolerant folks and both the bakery and kitchen staff were really accommodating in making gluten free versions of items and labeling food clearly.

My favorite part was the dance floor. It's a little smaller than other spaces we looked at, which made it always feel full. There were also tables surrounding the floor, which made it easy for folks to feel like they were part of the action without being on the dance floor when they needed a break.

Finally, while not inexpensive, LUC was awesome, and Tasia was willing to work with our budget to help us figure out where we could cut costs and save. They even threw in prosecco as part of our beer/wine offering! Thank you Tasia and LUC!!!! :)

Sent on 08/31/2017

Jana · Married on 08/12/2017

Lake Union made our wedding easy - the food was great, they accommodated our vendors, and coordinated with them to smooth out all the details. Everyone remarked how good the food was and how amazing the venue looked. They were responsive, professional, and provided a great service. We are so glad we had our wedding there!

Sent on 08/16/2017

Sheri · Married on 07/23/2017

We LOVED working with LUC for our wedding! We were planning a wedding from across the country and Tasia made it seem like we were there throughout the entire process. She set up phone meetings, allowed my parents to come by and do a site visit, and even scheduled a special food tasting for when we were home for the holidays. Leading up to the wedding, Tasia and her team made it seem like we weren't even having really intricate planning phone calls--we were just casually chatting on the phone with our friends on a Tuesday night.

Tasia kept track of every little detail, allowing us to spend the time leading up to the wedding focused on other things. The day of the wedding went absolutely seamlessly thanks to Tasia and her amazing team. We still marvel at how we can't think of a single thing that went wrong on our wedding day and we know it is specifically because of the team at Lake Union Cafe. Thank you for making our day so special--we will never forget it!

Sent on 01/28/2018

Alexandra · Married on 07/09/2017

If you want the perfect wedding experience...look no further than LUC. We had our ceremony and reception at LUC on 7/9/17 and the whole experience from beginning to end was flawless. We were planning this wedding from afar (we live in Utah) and Tasia, Melissa and their team made everything so easy. They were quick to respond and Tasia even did a Facetime planning call with us. They also made time to meet with us when we flew in to take care of the final arrangements. We showed a short film right before our ceremony and Tasia arranged all the extra equipment necessary to play the movie and coordinated with the dj to get the sound quality right where we wanted it. Tasia recommended the DJ as well, and he was great. Definitely consider using him if you're doing a DJ. I used to do wedding planning for several years at a resort, and these ladies are on top of their game. The whole staff is courteous, professional and totally accommodating and LUC truly can do it all.

The cake was done perfectly to our specifications and was delicious. We had a very specific, art deco cake design that we wanted and it turned out great. And the food! Our guests were raving about how good everything was, from the tray passed apps to the main course. We did the open bar option, which honestly is a killer deal, and they were wonderul about accommodating our signature bride and groom cocktails. Tasia and her staff kept the event moving and executed our timeline perfectly. LUC truly gave us the wedding of our dreams!!

Sent on 07/31/2017

Courtney · Married on 06/10/2017

They take care of it all!

The staff at Lake Union Cafe took care of all my needs! The day of could not have gone smoother, they have the timeline nailed down and makes it so all members of the bridal party can relax and enjoy the event. Food was great! I would highly recommend!

Sent on 06/04/2019

Elizabeth · Married on 05/06/2017

We had a fantastic experience with Melissa and Tasia at LUC. We had a fairly tight timeframe (4 months), and were lucky enough to book a Friday in May. Melissa and Tasia were nothing but friendly, helpful, and responsive in both person and email. They worked seamlessly with our vendors (a photobooth, DJ, and photographer) and were open to requests we had (a wedding pinata!).

They also provided Day-of coordinator services, which were invaluable. If you're looking for a venue that's as stress-free as possible, choose LUC. The interior is also beautiful enough that with the candle package they offered, we only brought in flowers, table numbers, and a seating chart. They offer an in-house flower package but we had previous plans, although the package seemed affordable and very pretty.

They also have on-site catering (required) and cake services (optional). Our guests loved the food (definitely go with with the fancy mac n cheese), and we brought in an outside cake for a reasonable fee of $150.

We also went with the open bar option, which was super fun. They provided a "signature" on the rocks margarita for us, which our guests loved. The bride's prep room is huge and lovely, FYI. We didn't spend much time in the groom's room as we had our ceremony elsewhere and had a reception-only event at LUC for about 80 people. We only used the main room, not the terrace, and it was the perfect size for a 80 to 100 person wedding. I've been to LUC for a larger wedding, which it also accommodates well. We can't say enough great things! Highly recommended.

Sent on 05/28/2017

We had both our wedding and reception here and it was a wonderful experience. The biggest thing for us was how accommodating they were to us. We changed plans several times, asked so many questions and had so many requests and LUC met them all. They even stayed late for our rehearsal. Honestly, we are so appreciative to them for their help and responsiveness.

Sent on 11/23/2016

Becca · Married on 11/11/2016

We had an incredible wedding reception here! It's a little pricey, but oh so worth the money! The food was delicious (OMG the Mac and cheese), as was the cake. We did catering/bar, bakery, and floral all in house so we didn't have to worry about clean up of those items. The coordinators were professional, responsive, and extremely helpful. They gave us great recommendations for the DJ and photobooth.

Overall, the entire planning process of the wedding was smooth and stress-free thanks to the lovely LUC employees. We had a LUC coordinator there the night of who helped us keep the reception flowing smoothly, which was much appreciated. We couldn't imagine trying to handle that ourselves. We were able to focus on ourselves and the guests and just enjoy the moment.

Also, the location itself is stunning. If you're having your reception in the evening or at night, the candle package is worth it - trust me! :)

Sent on 11/14/2016
  • Hannah

Hannah · Married on 11/05/2016

We had an flawless wedding at this location. The coordinators were amazing. So kind and on top of their game. The location is beautiful and cozy! I would recommend this look cation to anyone. The least favorite part of my wedding was the cake, but seriously everything else was so amazing.

Sent on 11/08/2016

Elizabeth · Married on 09/24/2016

Lake Union Cafe is really a jack of all trades and they do it so well. We had them cater our wedding reception as well as provide our flower arrangements. The food was delicious and the flowers were absolutely beautiful and exactly what I had pictured.

Sent on 09/27/2016

Andrea · Married on 08/06/2016

This venue is a one-stop shop, that is also elegant and romantic. The ceremony and reception are held here, and they have take care of everything from cake to flowers. The place is absolutely beautiful and everyone has been so happy with the details and outcome.

Sent on 10/19/2015