Lake String Quartet Reviews

8 | Minneapolis, MN

8 Reviews for Lake String Quartet

• Laine

Laine · Married on 10/28/2017

I cannot say enough good things about Lake String Quartet. I have worked with them on a number of weddings in the past two years, and every single time I work with them, it is flawless. The communication before the wedding is prompt and informative and when they arrive, they are on time and a pleasure to coordinate the timing and songs for the ceremony. They work closely with the clients to help in music selection and then their execution is just simply stunning. Beautiful, elegant, and reasonably priced!

Sent on 09/04/2018

Lake String Quartet's reply:

Thank you Laine. As the wedding coordinator that you are, you make our job so much easier. We are always delighted when we get to work along side you.

Abigail · Married on 07/08/2017

I am so happy that we featured the exceptionally talented Lake String Quartet at my wedding ceremony! The music was beautiful and enchanting and it was so romantic to walk down the aisle to their gorgeous sound! Lake String Quartet are extremely courteous and professional and accommodated all of my own preferences as well as the protocol for our Catholic church graciously. I highly recommend the Lake String Quartet--their music made my ceremony all the more special and they are a pleasure to work with!

Sent on 10/17/2017

laura · Married on 10/10/2016

This was easily the most "worth-it" wedding expense from our big day! The guests at our wedding ceremony could not believe that the music they were hearing was NOT a recording because it was so impeccable. Working with Nannette was so easy....she has done so many weddings so she knew all the questions to ask prior to the wedding. The group showed up well before the ceremony, started with our song list on time as our guests arrived, and ended as the last guest left the ceremony hall. They literally made us feel like we were in a movie their music was SO beautiful and their song timing was PERFECT for our processional. You can really tell they have been working together for quite some time. They also were more than happy to accommodate our last minute request to learn Michael Buble's "Everything" for our recessional! They learned it in one month and absolutely nailed it! We couldn't have been more pleased. HIGHLY recommend!

Sent on 11/06/2016

Megan · Married on 08/06/2016

Absolutely loved working with them. They played through our ceremony & cocktail hour, they did an amazing job. What a great value.
    I would highly recommend using lake string quartet.

Sent on 12/11/2016

I cannot say enough good things about Nanette and the rest of the Lake String Quartet team!
    Nanette worked closely with me via email to understand what I wanted played - and a few weeks prior to the ceremony, her team even learned a song not part of their playlist which was truly the icing on the cake for me :)
    Lake String Quartet is reasonably priced, and their quality is outstanding - you are paying for prompt, attentive, highly-skilled professionals - you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 01/06/2016

We had Lake String Quartet for our ceremony music. They had a great variety of music and were easy to work with. For a small additional fee, they agreed to learn a new song that was special to my husband and I and played it flawlessly at the end of the ceremony. Additionally, we spoke with the musicians about the possibility of a family member of mine singing with them during the ceremony and again, were able to accommodate our requests. While I am sure my family and I had many requests that are out of the ordinary, they were very open to the requests and in the end were able to accommodate them. This service went above and beyond any of my expectations which is why I am writing this review.

They had great customer service, were extremely easy to work with, and reasonably priced. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a great quartet to play during the wedding ceremony.

Sent on 12/14/2015

David · Married on 10/12/2013

We used the Lake String Quartet for our ceremony and were thrilled with their performance. Simply the presence of a quartet added a lot to the day, as we were married in a photography studio and the music added...gravitas? for people who are used to churches or beautiful outdoor spots for a wedding.

Anyway, LSQ were amazing. We got a lot of compliments afterwards and one of our friends immediately booked them for their wedding next summer. Leading up to the ceremony they worked with us some specific requests (Raiders of the Lost Ark recessional amidst classical pieces for most other parts of the ceremony) and had some helpful suggestions. Due to a transportation snafu the ceremony was delayed 20 minutes, and having the quartet playing both kept the guest entertained and destressed bride and groom.

We would highly recommend Lake Strings Quartet to anyone in the Twin Cities area.

Sent on 12/04/2013

3.2
      3.0

music was nice, but this vendor wasn't that flexible. We hired them for an wedding ceremony. unfortunately we had rain for an outdoor venue and they set up inside. As the time of the wedding got closer the rain cleared and they refused to go outside to play, sharing "it's misting outside". I understand that their instruments can't get wet, but there was NO mist outside, just condensation on the windows from the rain. My husband had to talk with them a few minutes before the ceremony to get them to play. How can you have a wedding without music? They finally agreed to go outside, but we really had to push. It's like they didn't want to play. All in all they played a bit before the wedding (not as much as they should have due to the drama of moving outside) and ended up playing the music for the ceremony but it wouldn't have happened without a lot of pushing from my husband. I would consider using them in the future but may be more inclined to try someone different that seemed like they wanted to make the day special and be apart of your wedding.

Sent on 07/30/2016

Lake String Quartet's reply:

We sincerely appreciate the comments about the quality of the music. We do our best to make every wedding as unique and beautiful as possible. That is our highest responsibility. The unfortunate circumstances of that day were due in sum to the unpredictability and storminess of the weather. We are quite flexible and eager to work within the conditions that exist. The father of the bride graciously helped us arrive at plan B on the spot, which was to play inside for the guests while it rained and then at the agreed upon time to move all of our equipment outside (a 10 minute process with stands, music, chairs, instruments) as quickly as possible to play the processionals and recessionals. It is true that we need to protect our extremely expensive instruments from the rain. This would be true for any high quality string quartet. In accordance with this rain-altered plan we set up outside 10 minutes before the ceremony started and completed what we thought was a lovely ceremony outside.