Lake Affect Studios Reviews

Lake Affect Studios 2
  • Allie

Allie · Married on 10/12/2018

Ceremony & Reception Space

Lake Affect Studios was the one place where I knew I HAD to get married the moment I walked in. We had a birthday party 2 years prior and the moment I saw the area then, I was in love. The low lighting, the loft vibe, and the intimacy of the venue is something I was really in love with. Guests seemed to love it as well.

Working with Amanda was such a positive experience. She was so helpful and answered each one of my 1,000,001 questions with such patience and understanding. I really enjoyed working with her and recommend other couples to do so if they are looking for a personal AND professional experience.

Amanda and Danny have GREAT vendors that they recommend. They both have great taste and will NOT steer you wrong.

I cannot wait to find another excuse to hold other events there in the future!

Sent on 01/05/2019

Gregg Whiteman · Married on 10/06/2018

Wedding reception was fantastic!!

From the father of the bride... my daughter recently had her reception at Lake Affect Studios. Many of the guests thought the venue was really cool and different. Loved the bar. Everyone had a great time. Many said it was the best wedding reception they have ever been to. And most importantly... the bride was happy!! Amanda was very flexible regarding all the planning - thanks Amanda!

Sent on 11/11/2018

Lake Affect Studios's reply:

Thank you Gregg. It was very nice working with you and your family. The Lake Affect team had a blast as well, it was truly a night to remember!

Daulton · Married on 09/21/2018

I am an event planner/designer and my clients recently hosted their wedding reception at Lake Affect Studios! From the beginning, Amanda was very helpful and accommodating. She was able to provide her knowledge of the space to guide us in putting together the floor plans and show us how to use the space effectively. Since my firm is based in Buffalo, NY, she was the "boots on the ground" throughout the process, which was incredibly valuable to my team and the couple. She also provided us with excellent vendor recommendations! Thanks so much Amanda for making M+M's wedding day so seamless!

Sent on 10/10/2018

Daulton,
    It was so great working with you and hopefully we are able to work together in the future. It was a pleasure.

chez · Married on 09/09/2017

Loved every minute! The best place to have your reception.

Sent on 09/12/2017

Brittany · Married on 09/02/2017

Unique creative space! Great staff!

Sent on 09/12/2017

Caitie · Married on 11/18/2016

Amanda and Dan were such a pleasure to work with. They let us visit the venue as much as we needed and even let our dog walk down the aisle. They were a huge pet in making our wedding an amazing day.

Sent on 12/26/2016

jenny · Married on 11/12/2016

Amada and Dan made the wedding planning and the day seamless and amazing. Everything was easy and beautiful. The venue transformed into a magical and comfortable setting for the wedding and guests. I highly recommend Lake Affect Studio because you are able to take the space and create your vision of what you want it to look like. Amanda had rentals, bartenders, servers, catering contacts, linen contacts, florists, bakers, valet services and many more company contacts for other services needed. Amanda and Dan were available throughout the whole process and on the wedding day. We had so much fun planning this wedding with Dan and Amanda Lake Affect Studios is highly recommended!!!!!

Sent on 12/16/2016

Hallie · Married on 11/12/2016

We had our wedding reception at Lake Affect Studios and we're so glad that we did! It's an awesome and unique spot! Amanda and Dan Laguardia are also so great to work with! Highly recommend to anyone getting married! -Hallie and Matt

Sent on 01/22/2017

Maggie · Married on 10/29/2016

Lake Affect Studios is the BEST choice you could ever make for a venue! We were able to make the reception of our dreams come to life so easily. We had full control of decorating however we pleased and choosing our own caterer. The whole process was so stress free and I never once felt like a bother with all the questions I had. No hidden fees, you know everything upfront and they can work with any budget. Our guests loved how conveniently located LAS was and the view of downtown is gorgeous. Would recommend highly to everyone!

Sent on 12/21/2016

Nicholas · Married on 09/04/2016

Amanda & Dan were extremely pleasant to work with the entire process of planning for the biggest event of our lives. Planning a wedding is time-consuming, difficult, stressful and they were always there to answer any questions we had, let us into the studio when we needed, and just very nice people. Even the day of when we presented changes and needs from them, they never hesitated to lend a hand. I HIGHLY recommend the venue AND Amanda & Dan. It made a HUGE difference to have this venue to host our ceremony AND our reception.

Sent on 10/11/2016

Megan · Married on 07/16/2016

Lake Affect Studios is an awesome, unique venue for people looking for a place with an industrial look. It's spacious and versatile, and just an all around fun space to have an event in. Amanda and Dan, the owners and operators, are absolutely wonderful and so easy to work with. They are incredibly accommodating and make you feel so welcome! Thank you for hosting our big day!

Sent on 08/29/2016

Great venue. Amanda & Dan are so easy to work with.

Sent on 01/18/2016

Rachel · Married on 09/27/2014

We had our wedding reception here in the fall. The owners, Dan and Amanda were very easy and fun to work with. They gave us a lot of recommendations for services that made planning our event easier. Very cool and unique space. Our wedding was definitely one of a kind! I highly recommend L.A.S. If you are looking for something outside of the banquet halls. The space offers beautiful original wood floors and brick walls.

Sent on 02/13/2015

Rose · Married on 10/13/2018

Amazing venue and people

Amanda was great to work with! She was calm and fun and was excited for our big day too! I loved the fact the space was like a blank canvas and that we were able to make it our own! The bartenders to our day were great and kind and kept all my guests happy. I would always recommend the venue to anyone wanting to work with some incredible people.

Sent on 10/27/2018

Lake Affect Studios's reply:

Thank you for the kind words and we are very glad that our staff and venue helped make your day extra special. Best wishes to you and Brian!
  • T2018

Deanna · Married on 04/07/2018

We had our April 7th wedding at lake affect studios and we couldn't be happier. The staff was incredibly helpful and accommodating! I was totally able to execute my vision for our day, and everything was perfect! The space is beautiful and we received so many compliments! I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone!

Sent on 04/11/2018

Lake Affect Studios's reply:

Thank you for choosing Lake Affect as your wedding venue! We were so happy to share the day with you and make your vision successful!

Nora · Married on 08/19/2017

We had a wonderful wedding reception at Lake Affect Studios. It's a great DIY event space. Dan & Amanda were easy to work with and were able to provide good suggestions on vendors. They worked with us on the drink packages, accommodated last-minute changes (sorry and thank you!), and allowed for set-up and break-down of decorations the Friday before / Sunday after.

Sent on 09/30/2017

Jennifer · Married on 08/18/2018

3.0

we loved this venue

i absolutely fell in love with the event space it was everything we were looking for , staff was super nice and attentive , Amanda was great to work with , the day before set up is awesome and saved on the stress of wedding planning , i just wished we had more time , the day flew by so fast

Sent on 10/23/2018
    Lake Affect Studios 3
    Lake Affect Studios 4

Lake Affect Studios's reply:

The day came together beautifully! Thank you Jennifer & Jamar for choosing Lake Affect Studios for your venue!

Kelly · Married on 08/26/2017

Amanda and Danny were great to work with, the space was beautiful and it was definitely competitively priced. Highly recommend!

Sent on 09/11/2017

Travis · Married on 09/17/2016

2.5

We held our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception in the space, it was great! It was easy to work with Amanda. She gave us lots of suggestions and connections to vendors. She was flexible and made the stress of planning a wedding seem like small potatoes. Amanda was very accommodating the day of the ceremony and went out of her way to make sure that we were taken care of. The only drawback, though minor, was the sometimes slow email response. I'd 100% recommend LAS and would hold another event there anytime.

Sent on 11/25/2016