Lady Slipper Affairs & Events Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

• Emma
    Emma S. Married on 07/17/2021

Great experience!

Diane was so fantastic to work with! She was so helpful, organized and just an overall great person! Her showroom helped me to make some final decisions and it was filled with a wide range of items for many different interests and styles. I would absolutely recommend Lady Slipper to anyone with an upcoming event…not just weddings!
    Daniella M. Married on 06/12/2021

Couldn’t recommend them more!

Diane was truly amazing, my husband and I were planning our wedding for June 2021 not knowing how Covid would affect it. Diane made sure to make us feel confident in our choices for decor and was extremely flexible as far as final amounts for things because we truly didn’t know what we would be allowed to do. The store front is beautiful and the experience of getting to walk around to pick everything out was great. I highly recommend Lady Slipper, everything came out better than I expected!
  • Bev
    Bev K. Married on 04/09/2021

Excellent! Wish I found her sooner.

Diane was a pleasure to work with. She is responsive, on top of every detail and very personable. Her prices are extremely reasonable, take the stress off you and use her for as little or as much as you want.
  • Licia
    Licia S. Married on 07/25/2020

Outstanding!

Diane was absolutely phenomenal from the moment we contacted her regarding our wedding. She was professional, responsive, flexible, and helped us in creating our perfect vision. Diane also helped to create a welcome sign and “Mom-osa Bar” sign for my baby shower - the product perfectly fit my dream catcher / Sedona theme. I am so grateful Diane was recommended to me and hope to work with her in the future for any special events! I would highly recommend Diane to anyone planning an event (and already have!).
  • Melissa
    Melissa S. Married on 06/20/2020

Diane is the best

My wedding would not have been the same without Diane. Anytime I talk to my friends who are planning weddings and they talk about how stressed they are trying to diy centerpieces and other wedding design logistics, I hands-down recommend Diane from Lady Slipper Events. I try to spread the word as much as I can because I know how much I have appreciated Diane and her help with my wedding. I found out about Diane through googling for wedding decorators. I had no idea where to start with decorating my wedding other than an idea of the design I wanted (rustic, but chic). I showed Diane ideas of what I wanted through Pinterest and google, and she ran with it. Diane came up with these awesome table center pieces as well as beautiful displays at my wedding (sign in table, memory table). I received so many compliments at my wedding about how nice everything looked. She has rustic style decor, vintage style decor, contemporary style decor, you name it. And not only does she do decor, she also does beautiful flowers. I actually requested that she put together bouquets for myself and my bridesmaids and I absolutely love how they came out. So I didn’t even need a florist- Diane served as both my wedding decorator and florist- this was very helpful in reducing one extra vendor. She was incredibly flexible and helpful every step of the way. She was also very responsive to my texts and emails throughout the planning process. Her pricing is also very reasonable and she is transparent about costs every step of the way. In addition to all the great work Diane does, she is also such a sweetheart and it would brighten my day whenever I got to meet with her during the planning process- she is genuinely so nice. So anyways, if you are planning your wedding or you know someone who is, I highly highly highly recommend Diane. She will take care of all your wedding design and decor and make your event truly wonderful.
    Shari M. Married on 05/03/2020

Amazing Service!!

Diane was so helpful and sweet! Very responsive when I needed to adjust my order. She made the whole process so smooth! Highly recommend if you want to rent wedding props.
  • Jess
    Jess Married on 11/23/2019

Diane is amazing!!

Diane made designing our wedding such an enjoyable experience. I went to her with a vision and she made it come to life!! I cannot thank her enough for all that she did to make my wedding a day to never forget!!
  • Allie
    Allie Married on 10/27/2019

Amazing and Beautiful!

Diane is amazing, her items were gorgeous and made perfect center pieces. Diane had been responsive helpful and over all lovely the suggestions On designs were gorgeous and she made my wedding look better than how I had imagined!

Her prices are very reasonable and she is wonderful to work with, I recommended her to every single one of my engaged friends and I had so many complements on our decor!
    Jillian Married on 10/04/2019

Best rental vendor in CT!

Diane was amazing from start to finish. I was a bride who changed their mind several times throughout the process and Diane was always incredible responsive. warm, and happy to help me find exactly what I was looking for. Everything we rented was beautiful, incredible quality, and wast everything I could have imagined. I would recommend her to anyone looking for beautiful event rentals!
    Megan Married on 09/21/2019

Great Experience, Highly Recommend!

This was the second time my family and I have worked with Diane at Lady Slipper and this time was even better than the last. Diane has a keen eye for detail and made incredible suggestions to ensure that my wedding was absolutely beautiful. She got a sense of my style and was able to run with it. I could not have been happier working with her!
    Emily M. Married on 09/06/2019

Highly recommend!

Lady Slipper Events went above and beyond to execute our wedding vision. Our rentals were at the location in advanced and detailed to perfection. I would highly recommend to Lady Slipper events to make you wedding visions come to life!
    Jennine Married on 07/27/2019

Creative, professional and personable! Highly recommend her services!

Lady slippers is phenomenal! She was incredibly professional, personable and creative. It was like she knew exactly what I wanted for our special day without me having to tell her. I got so many compliments from my guests asking for her card and contact info because they were so impressed with how she transformed a plain simple space into a fun, whimsical, playful space for family and friends to celebrate love and new beginnings! I highly recommend her to anyone looking for help with set up, design ideas and breakdown!
    Victoria Married on 06/09/2019
    I had Diane help me with my daughters first birthday party and it came out absolutely amazing. I couldn't have asked for it to be any more perfect!! The decor and the signs and the customization of everything was beautiful! I will definitely be going back for future events!! Highly recommend, thanks Diane!!!
  • Alicia
    Alicia P. Married on 06/08/2019

She brought my vision to life! Fantastic experience!

I first met Diane at a bridal show at UConn when my fiance and I were very early on in our wedding planning. I was absolutely amazed to see all of the decor she had and it was definitely a plus that you could simply rent (not buy) whatever you needed for your big day. I didn't want the hassle of spending $ and time making decor when I would likely throw it out after the wedding. From my first meeting with Diane to our wedding day, it was an absolute pleasure and so fun working with her. Not only does she LOVE weddings, but she has an amazing natural talent of listening to what you want and making it come to life for the big day. The decor Diane provided/made for our wedding was everything we dreamed of and more - everything was perfectly put together and complemented the venue and our theme so well. We got so many compliments and everyone loved the decor, so much so that many of our guests snapped pictures of everything before the ceremony started. If you aren't sure where to start with decor for an event and are in need of a professional who is knowledgeable, genuine, and fun to work with, look no further than Diane at Lady Slipper Affairs & Events. She is amazing, and I promise you will not regret it!
    Darci D. Married on 05/25/2019

The perfect solution to wedding decorating

Working with Diane was such a pleasure. Such a great collection of decorations to chose from that made my daughters wedding complete. Everything was delivered to the venue on time and in perfect condition. We couldn't have pulled off such a magical wedding without Diane's assistance.
    Kathy N. Married on 05/17/2019

Wonderful decor for my daughter's wedding

We are so glad we had Diane help with the decor for my daughter's wedding. She was wonderful to work with - she had great ideas and suggestions after listening to our vision for the special day. Having her do the set up and break down on that day just helped make the day go so smoothly. She helped by putting together the welcome bags for our guests as well. She even bought some extra items when it turned out that I didn't buy enough for everyone. I would highly recommend using Diane for your special event!
  • Jeneen
    Jeneen Married on 05/04/2019

Dream became Reality

From the second I met Diane, I could just tell what a beautiful person she was. But now that I have experienced her skill and have been blessed with the graceful way she fulfills the need of a bride, I’m blown away. She communicates and is punctual, she helps with ideas when you’re stumped, and she is cool calm and collected in the face of last minute change! She took my vision and made a reality and we will always be grateful for that.
    ~The Caro Family
    Also, she has the cutest shop ever with all your needs...don’t buy it when you can rent it!
  • Kearney
    Kearney Married on 04/14/2019

Super helpful!

Diane was amazing, responsive and flexible! I maybe changed my decorations order 50 times and she took it all in strides. Have already recommended her to a colleague and will continue to do so.
    Nicky Married on 04/07/2019

Great service!

It was a pleasure to work with Diane she made everything so easy on me. She did our arch and not only set it up but decorated it as well and it came out better than I could have imagined! I highly recommend giving her a call for anything you need!
  • Ashley James
    Ashey Married on 03/16/2019

Amazzinggg!

I am so happy that we chose Lady Slipper Events for our wedding! Diane was so great to work with from start to finish. Diane and her team did an incredible job - everything looked stunning! The decor was gorgeous and they created the wedding of our dreams. Diane made the stressful process of figuring out the decor and florals for the wedding MUCH easier! She was so easy to work with and flexible to our needs and budget! She was also very thorough in remembering what we discussed after every phone call and each detailed email. She definitely brought our vision to life with such ease and catered to our needs the whole time. She was also so generous to meet with us whenever and help answer any questions! It was so easy bringing my Pinterest dream to life and customizing centerpieces, color schemes, and floral arrangements with Lady Slipper! Both my husband and I loved our decorations at the church and reception and were very happy to see it all come together after just a month of planning! We also received many compliments on it so we would HIGHLY recommend Lady Slipper Events for any of your decor needs!
    Robin S. Married on 10/07/2018

Lovely items reasonably priced, professional and friendly service!

I rented some items for a wedding recently and Diane was professional, flexible, and friendly. There was a very quick response to emails and any questions I had. Her rates are reasonable and she has a lovely storefront where you can see the items. It was like walking through a roomful of Pinterest dreams, but someone else did all the work!
    Abigail Married on 07/07/2018

So helpful

Lady Slipper Events was amazing! Our florist fell through a month before the wedding and Diane was able to get all the flowers I needed on short notice.
    Janet Married on 11/03/2017
    Diana and her team are angels. Everyone keeps telling us how beautiful everything looked at the wedding. It was a great stress relief to know somebody else was taking care of that and I could really just relax and enjoy the day. If you are thinking of using her, I will tell you in my first phone I cried when I got off the phone. All my stress melted away.
    Litsa Married on 06/09/2017
    I highly recommend Lady Slipper! The beautiful pieces I got for my daughter's quinceañera made the room so eleqant and unique. The helped me create a one of a kind sign that my daughter will treasure forever! Thank you Lady Slipper!
    Jessica Married on 12/31/2016
    When you have a vision or an idea of a dream wedding sometimes you can't articulate it as well as you'd like. Or even if you have just a couple ideas and are looking for some guidance in the creativity world. The Lady Slipper team will with out a doubt blow your mind over and over again. They helped me see the ideas I had through, and they also gave me some of their own ideas that fit perfectly with my vision. We had a NYE wedding, and every guest we had made a comment along the way with how "perfect" everything was. Some also asked us if we could throw that party every year because of how much fun it was. I couldn't agree more it was absolutely perfect!!!!