Lacy Ferrell Photography Reviews

13 | Sumter, SC

13 Reviews for Lacy Ferrell Photography

Taylor · Married on 09/14/2018

Choosing a photographer is one of the most difficult processes of planning! I’m so glad I was led to Lacy! She is such a sweet soul! She captured our special day so beautifully. She pays very close attention to small (but important) details! ??

Laine · Married on 06/18/2016

Lacy was phenomenal! She was such a wonderful photographer to work with us during the year of our engagement and wedding, and she provided us with stunning, natural photos that we will cherish for a lifetime. She works with you and your vision, your schedule, and all of your picture-perfect dreams to make sure she is capturing exactly what you want, and then some! Her photos are so clean and effortless!

Sent on 08/16/2016

Lacy Ferrell Photography's reply:

Laine, Thank you, from the bottom of my heart. The pleasure was all mine working with you and Nick! It was such a joyous and fun day. I was sad for days when it was over. You are still voted my #1 most organized bride ever!

Mrs. Ferrell was a true pleasure to work with and had an utterly winning personality! She went out of her way to accommodate our photography wishes (including driving an extra 30 miles to a nature preserve and shooting pictures in a misting rain!) Her skill and the quality of her photography are impeccable. She went above and beyond not only during the engagement session but also at the wedding, where we hardly noticed she was there! If you are looking for a true professional with an eye for beautiful photography look no further. I highly recommend this wonderful lady!

Sent on 06/01/2016

Lacy Ferrell Photography's reply:

Nancy, it was a pleasure to work with y'all! Such a beautiful day and wedding. I remember how stunning you looked! Thanks for letting me work with you both.

Cassie · Married on 09/27/2015

Lacy did an amazing job on my pictures. She was with us all day and captured some of the sweetest moments of my wedding day. I had a lot of people in my wedding party and she had no problem getting them situated to get the best picture. If you want someone taking your pictures but feels like part of the family I would recommend Lacy in a heartbeat.

Sent on 05/26/2016

Lacy Ferrell Photography's reply:

Thanks Cassie! I will forever remember Elijah shedding a few tears as you walked down that aisle! Such a beautiful, fun wedding.

Amy · Married on 08/29/2015

Lacy photographed out last minute elopement and we are so happy with the results! With only two weeks notice she found time to squeeze us in and still provide excellence service. She answered all my questions and helped me find the perfect location, hair salon, etc. because I wasn't from the area. She was the only witness to our wedding but it felt like I had a friend there with me. Most importantly the photographs came out great and we have amazing professional photos to share with our family and friends.

Sent on 05/26/2016

Lacy Ferrell Photography's reply:

Amy, thank you so much! You did such a beautiful job creating an intimate wedding! Thank you for allowing me to be apart.

Jamashia · Married on 07/25/2015

I had the best experience with Lacy! On our big day, she came to our hotel and took photos of both the girls and guys getting ready. We then went to an alternate location and took more photos. She was very flexible with our large wedding party and captured the best pictures. I am very pleased with the service I received. You can't go wrong with her! Thanks Lacy!

Sent on 07/23/2016

Lacy Ferrell Photography's reply:

Shia, It was such a pleasure to work with you and David! Y'all never have a dull moment, especially with your new husband. :) It was such a blast!

hanna · Married on 04/04/2015

Lacy did my engagement photos and it was such a pleasure working with her. She was so much fun and captured some amazing pictures! A friend saw my pictures and asked about her, and she ended up using Lacy her for her wedding, and those pictures were just as fabulous! So glad I got the opportunity to meet her!

Sent on 05/20/2016

Lacy Ferrell Photography's reply:

Hanna, Thank you so much! You and Austin are such a cute couple! I loved getting to meet y'all too.

Lacy did such an amazing job capturing our special day!! She was super professional and made us feel completely comfortable. We could not have asked for a better wedding photographer :)

Sent on 05/21/2016

Thanks so much!!

Derek · Married on 04/14/2012

Lacy made it easier for me to enjoy my wedding. When you have memories on the line, and family expecting great photos, you can't afford to have someone who doesn't have a clue taking your pictures. She was easy to work with, and made us feel at ease about our pictures getting done. There are plenty of things to worry about during a wedding, it was nice to have a true professional handling the pictures. I would recommend her to anyone who is serious about getting quality work done for a great price.

Sent on 06/20/2016

Lacy Ferrell Photography's reply:

Derek, Thank you so much for your kind words. it was a pleasure working with y'all. That house, was beautiful!

Lacy is very easy to get along with and a very genuine, sweet person! She will make sure you feel comfortable and will help in any way she can.

Sent on 05/28/2016

Lacy Ferrell Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words!

Sonya · Married on 10/08/2017

Beautiful engagement and wedding pictures. Lacy was a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 01/20/2018

Lacy Ferrell Photography's reply:

Thanks so much Sonya, it was a pleasure to work with you and Brian as well!

April · Married on 10/21/2017

3.2
      2.0
      3.5
      3.0

I was initially very excited to use this vendor as her portfolio was impressive and exactly what I was looking for in a photographer. She is a sweet person, but I believe she had too much going on in her personal life at the time. She was very difficult to get in contact with and that stressed me out. The wedding photos were my biggest splurge for the wedding and when I received them 4 weeks later I was pretty disappointed. There weren’t a lot of photos of my husband and I alone and most of the photos were taken in front of the getaway car. The car was cool but certainly not the focal point I wanted for all my pictures including the detail shots. However, I did love my engagement and bridal portraits that were included in my package, but wedding day pictures not so much.

Sent on 02/06/2018

Lacy Ferrell Photography's reply:

April, Wow! I am shocked, heart broken, I wasn't aware of your unhappiness from your wedding day! This is the first to hear this! I apologize! I did go back & read through emails, text messages, making sure I was responsive in a timely fashion. I can not see that I didn't respond in a timely fashion. I would hope that we could communicate that on a professional level. Here are several quotes from emails. "They were all so pretty, it was hard to choose." "You did an awesome job, thanks so much they turned out really good." . We communicated after the couple portraits. We talked it though, talked about walking across the street to the field for more pictures but y'all wanted to get into the reception. The antique Ford car, It was beautiful! Again, I apologize if you didn't want it included, it was never said. You looked beautiful, happy when we took the pictures in front/inside of it. Not all details were taken on the car, some were taken inside the church and on the lawn. I remember we took several in front of a stain glass window that your grandmother donated to the church. We used your bouquet, with a hanky and grandmothers ring, much thought. I did talk to the hair dresser, she's my friend about us moving back in June. I hadn't seen her in months, we spend about 5 mins talking. I'm not sure if thats what you're referring too, but it didn't hinder your wedding in October. I do however love to be personal with brides, just to be friendly. I'm actually sad when the wedding is over. I've worked 9 years to build my creditability and portfolio, for weddings. I support my family with this income. Its just a shame that I was never made aware of this, not an email, call, text, nothing until a surprising review was made. Again I apologize. April and Quinton's wedding portraits. http://lacyferrellphotography.zenfolio.com/aprilquintonwedding