La Vie Studios Reviews

96 Reviews for La Vie Studios

• Sapir

Sapir E. · Getting married on 12/05/2021

La Vie Studios are A++++

y wedding was postponed indefinitely because of the COVID-19 pandemic. My fiance and i decided instead of postponing everything indefinitely, we'd throw a small ceremony in a family member's backyard. Jose and Jess worked with us on their original proposal and not only gave us amazing engagement photos, also split the time from our package to cover our backyard wedding and agreed to honor their original price for the eventual party, when those are allowed again. The photos are as good as all the other reviewers say, but more importantly, Jose is so positive and so on board with all your ideas. He made us feel like fun, goofy, beautiful geniuses. Also, every single woman and gay man at our backyard event asked me for his number. He is too handsome to be behind the camera.

If you're on the fence between La Vie and another photographer, and you want to know your photographer will be a partner to you on your big day or event, go with La Vie. They are more than just excellent photographers. They are excellent people.

Sent on 05/25/2020

La Vie Studios's reply:

Awww, Sapir! You're too sweet! Thank you and Erica from the bottom of our hearts for supporting our business during these trying times. Your backyard wedding was absolutely stunning and it was amazing being there to document it! The cabin fever from quarantine was starting to set in so it was especially nice and refreshing to kick it with your families for such a special event. Can't wait to party it up with y'all on an even bigger scale when this whole thing blows over and you can have the official partayyyy!!! Woot Woot!!! Big hugs and much love from your friendly neighborhood photo ninjas - Jose & Jess

Allison B. · Getting married on 07/12/2021

Excellent Photo/Video Team

We hired La Vie Studios for our wedding in December 2020 in Key Largo for both photo and video (we also had them do our engagement shoot in 2019). Jose was our dedicated photog and he was great, very friendly, lots of fun, professional, and a great artistic eye. He and his team were wonderful at the wedding and guests commented on how great the photographers were. They were flexible on adding some additional hours of coverage last minute (in addition to moving the entire event 9 months due to the pandemic). We love the photos and the short video clip that we've seen so far and would not hesitate to strongly recommend La Vie Studios to anyone!!

Sent on 01/31/2021

Jennifer · Married on 06/12/2021

I have known Jessenia for a while now and since I met her and her work I have always done my photography with her. My boyfriend is someone that does not enjoy being photographed much but with her the process is so much easier! He has voiced how he likes her style and her personality makes the session enjoyable. The quality of her work is excellent and I plan on using her services in the future.

Sent on 01/13/2016

Aly G. · Married on 01/16/2021

Highly recommend wedding photographer/videographer

I am so lucky to have La Vie Studio capture my wedding day. Jose was so easy to work with and very easy to communicate with leading up to our special day. His team was kind, timely and professional. Every single photo from the wedding was perfection. I have had so many family and friends reach out to me to get their information based on their friendliness on the day of and after reviewing the images they captured. Your wedding photos and video are the memory of your wedding, and this team is worth every penny!

Sent on 03/30/2021

La Vie Studios's reply:

Aly! We're not crying, you're crying! Aghhhh!!! You and Carl are such awesome peoples. Thank you so, so much for the kind words! It means the world to us to have been there to document such a wonderful day, with such wonderful, happy, vibrant people - and the homie, Brody! Cutest golden doodle EVER!!! We're wishing you all nothing but continued love, health, and wealth!

Big hugs from your friendly neighborhood photo ninjas,

Jose M., Jess G., and the LVS team!

Elaine A. · Married on 08/22/2020

Absolutely incredible working with La Vie Studios!

Completely wonderful experience working with La Vie Studios for my Key Largo wedding. They are so easy to work with, -- interacting beautifully with our crazy family on the day of and pulling off shots I never even realized they were taking because of how unobtrusive their style is! Their work is so gorgeous, vibrant and happy. I am completely blown away by the photos they sent us and cannot possibly recommend them enough! Thank you!

Sent on 08/26/2020

La Vie Studios's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Elaine! We had such a blast working with you, Michael, and your guests! And of course, we can't forget our friend, Lola the Wonder Pooch! Thank you for making our job so easy and enjoyable. We're wishing you and your families boat loads of love, health, happiness, and wealth!

Big hugs from your friendly neighborhood photo ninjas,

Jose & Jess

Nicole A. · Married on 06/19/2020

Highly Recommend La Vie Studios!

Jose and Jess from La Vie Studios are a dream to work with. I loved all of the samples wedding galleries on their site and knew that I wanted them to photograph our wedding. I booked La Vie prior to the pandemic and it was the best decision I made. I just received our full gallery and I am in love with all of the pictures. I'm having a hard time trying to pick which ones to print and put up in our new house. Jose and Jess make you feel at ease through the entire process from booking all the way through the wedding day. As soon as I met them, I knew it was going to be a great experience. Thank you La Vie for photographing our wedding day and allowing us to relive the memories forever through the images. I'm obsessed, highly recommend.

Sent on 07/22/2020

La Vie Studios's reply:

Oh stop! But go on... Haha thank you for the kind words, Nicole! You and JC are a dream to work with too! Your wedding was such a breath of fresh air coming out of quarantine. Everything about it was amazing and we are beyond grateful to have been a part of it. We'd tell you to print them all and just rotate them, but we're not biased at all. Lol we're so happy to hear you love all your photos! We love them too and can't wait to feature them on our website! Big hugs and much love from your friendly neighborhood photo ninjas - Jose & Jess

Alexandra K. · Married on 06/06/2020

Incredible

Jose was an absolute pleasure to work with. We booked La Vie studios for our engagement photo shoot at Vizcaya and Jose did a remarkable job making my fiance and I comfortable and relaxed in front of the camera. We were sent our preview within hours of our shoot and received the final engagement package less than 3 weeks later. We LOVE our photos and you can see how much fun was had through them! Beyond happy with Jose and La Vie Studios. If you're looking for a photographer - don't look further.

Sent on 04/25/2019

Kathryn S. · Married on 02/22/2020

Perfection

I would give La Vie 10 stars if I could! Jess and Jose were amazing!! They are so nice l and extraordinary in their profession . They captured our fairytale wedding in photos and video. I can’t express how unbelievably grateful we are for them. Jess was awesome, she made me feel comfortable and captured formal and candid moments with ease. La Vie takes great time and effort into each wedding photo. THANK YOU Jess and Jose! I will definitely choose you again for future events.

Sent on 04/22/2020
  • Y

Yetzabel R. · Married on 02/16/2020

Best photographers in town!

We got married last month and Jose was our lead photographer and we were lucky to also have Jess as our photographer for our chapel ceremony and all I can say is WOW! Jose also did our engagement pics and from meeting him that day, I knew our pictures would turn out to be everything we every imagined and they sure did! Jose and Jess are extremely patient, professional and respond in the click of an eye. They are also super down to ear and HILARIOUS! Great photography team. I have recommended them to everyone I know!

Sent on 03/25/2020

La Vie Studios's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words, Yetzabel!!! We had the best time working with you and Javi! Or should I say Maria and Fernando? Lol
    Seriously, we can’t thank you enough for supporting us, and giving us the opportunity to create work we’re truly proud of! Love you guys!!! We must hit Lung Yai together one of these days! 👏💛😊
    - Jose M.
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 01/19/2020

Hire them for their style, love them for their personality

Jess and Jose = the best ever! Who would have thought that randomly meeting at the tiniest wedding expo ever would have resulted in me finding the two most perfect photographers?! Humble, kind, real, and talented are just a few words I would use to describe Jess, Jose and the La Vie Studios team. From the capturing all the special moments before the wedding to always being everywhere during the ceremony and reception, Jess and Rey made my husband and me feel so comfortable. I have been thoroughly impressed by not only the quality of the photography, but by the quality of those that make the photography possible. To Jess, Jose and the La Vie Studios, thank you so much for your hard work, dedication, and overall awesomeness!

Sent on 01/26/2020

La Vie Studios's reply:

Aww, thank you so much for the kind words, Nicole!!!! You and Mason are da bomb, and made our jobs a walk in the park. It's because of couples like you that we love what we do, and always go the extra mile. Beyond excited to send you over your full wedding gallery! Big hugs, Jess & the LVS Boys
  • Daniela

Daniela H. · Married on 01/18/2020

Best Photographers in da 305!!!

I am soooo happy with my wedding photos! If you are just as awkward as me and not use to taking photos FEAR NOT! Jose will come to your rescue and make you feel comfortable. All of my guests and people that have seen the photos are in AWE! They came out so candid and naturally but also sooo beautiful capturing how our wedding was and all of its happiness! I really highly recommend them!!

Sent on 02/01/2020

La Vie Studios's reply:

Awww, Daniela! Thank you and Gregory for being such a sweet, fun loving couple! Jess and I had an absolute blast at your wedding!!! And you sealed the deal for us with the Krispy Kreme doughnut cake. Haha
    We hope you enjoy your photos for years, and generations to come. Thanks again for everything, pana!

Much love from your friendly neighborhood photo ninjas,

Jose & Jess
  • Valentina

Valentina C. · Married on 01/11/2020

1000% worth it.

The folks at La Vie Studios are fairy godparents because they make your dreams come true. Please hire them. They are 1000% worth it.
    They are the perfect combo of professionalism and playfulness. At our wedding they communicated effectively and kindly with everyone for the formal photos and played along with the candid moments as they happened. They also had an eye for some truly incredible shots which brings me to my next point.
    The final product, the photos, are incredible. I’m the biggest critic of photos of myself but I feel so beautiful in the photos La Vie Studios took. Trust them when they ask to take a shot because they have a vision that knows no bounds. These are truly beautiful and magical photos and with the wedding day itself being such a blur, it is SO nice to have these as a reminder.

Sent on 02/06/2020

La Vie Studios's reply:

Awww Valentina! Thank you so much for this (nearly) excessive flattery. Haha you're amazing! We really appreciate all the love you and Jake have shown us. As much as we'd love to take the fairy godparent credit, your wedding was something out of a fairytale! You and Jake made it so easy for us to document all the magic. You're such a beautiful couple, inside, and out. We're wishing you a happily ever after full of love, health, and wealth!
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 01/11/2020

Best in the business!!!

La Vie Studios deserves the highest rating possible!! We knew from the first time we met them that they were the ones we wanted for our wedding day. We saw their work so we already had high expectations, yet they still exceeded them! Not only are we in love with all of the pictures they captured, but they treat you like long-lost friends the whole time which majorly helps people like us who are awkward behind a camera (and also makes it a blast!). They knew exactly how to work with us so that you couldn’t even tell we’re awkward & gave clear directions that we desperately needed. They even kept us on our timeline and reminded us to take the pictures we had requested when we forgot. I will forever recommend them to everyone that needs photographers. Jess and Jose, we are forever grateful. Our pictures look like works of art and action shots instead of only portraits which was exactly what we were looking for. The pictures perfectly bring back all the memories and emotions and I could rant and rave about how they are the best in the business all day long!

Sent on 03/26/2020
  • FutureMrsBurkett

Jennifer R. · Married on 11/11/2019

Just do it!

There is no better out there I have no doubt! From the first conversation to the day of and now seeing our pictures, we couldn’t have asked for anything more. Professional, punctual and the best at what they do. Their photos have already brought back so many special moments that get lost in the chaos of the day.

Our guests and vendors alike cannot say enough about how amazing the photos are, in addition Jose and team as great people left a lasting impression. The most advice I got while planning was on the photographer and if that is the benchmark for success, we hit a grand slam!

Sent on 11/22/2019

Ahhhhh!!! Jen!

We can't begin to thank you enough for choosing us to be a part of your wedding. If there's anywhere we could leave you a 5 star review as a client, please send ASAP! Haha

Thank you for being the most chill, fun bride ever! The whole photo / video team and I had a great time at your wedding! Even our photo booth attendant had a blast!!! xD

Best wishes always to you and Brad. Big hugs, and much love!

Jose M. & the LVS team
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth A. · Married on 11/02/2019

The best of the best!

Ok, so there is no way I can top Holly's novel because she hit every point I wanted to mention and more! So here is a short sequel to her novel lol.

So our experience with La Vie Studios is so beautifully intricate that we have to call it MAGIC! My fiance and I were in a long-distance relationship the majority of our engagement, so Jess and Jose accommodated our first meeting to be via Whats App Video Chat. Our conversation with Jess and Jose has been one of the highlights of our wedding journey. We felt like we were adopted into their family and interacted like long-lost Cuban primos that laughed, joked, and collaborated well! We knew that if a What's app chat made us feel such genuine vibes that we did not have to look any further. We booked immediately and did not regret our decision to research any other photographers. They are that OUTSTANDING! During that convo, we mentioned that we wanted to do our engagement session in the big city of NYC, and Jose was so onboard! During our NYC trip, Jose knew how to balance professional and fun so well! We hit all our NYC favorite spots that day, and it did not feel like we were being photographed.
    Jose cracked jokes and had this way of making us smile that it felt so natural. We just had a blast that trip and would do it all over again! If you plan an NYC engagement or wedding, ask Jose where to find the best banana pudding, it's delicious! Our engagement pictures were on another level, and we can't wait to showcase them in our NYC apartment soon! In between our engagement and wedding, we stayed connected to Jess and Jose via Instagram and FB, stalking them and going gaga over their work, which speaks volumes for itself (such great talent). Come our wedding day; the La Vie team did not come short of their amazingness. They came through for us and treated us, once again, like family! One of our guests came up to us and commented on how spiffy Jess and Jose looked and how well they treated our guests! Their videography team was professional, funny, and so kind! We just got our sneak peek a week after the wedding, which is MAGICAL on their part because they are busy busy busy! There is an emotion that my husband and I get when we saw our first wedding pictures because they captured the best day of our lives so well!

We appreciate Jess and Jose so much and love them for who they are, what they stand for, their work ethic, their charisma, and their ability to walk into a room with humbleness, joy, professionalism, and genuineness! It is hard to find people like Jess and Jose, and we will forever treasure them and brag about them for years to come! They will forever be part of our Sotolongo family, and we will always turn to them to capture the best moments of our lives!

Sent on 11/12/2019

Caitlin P. · Married on 10/11/2019

Chef's Kiss!

We truly cannot say enough great things about Jess (photography) and Daniel (videography). It's wonderful when you have a team who is professional, fun, patient, and freakin' talented. It was genuinely a joy to work with Jess from start to finish in the entire process. We'd already tickled pink with our sneak peek shots - from beautiful portraits to ridiculous candids, everything is perfectly captured. Thank you so incredibly much for being one of the very best parts of our day!

Sent on 10/16/2019

La Vie Studios's reply:

WHEN CAN WE START CRYING?! You and Mr. Knox were a blast to work with. We were laughing with you all from the moment we read your inquiry right up until we said goodbye. You even had the officiant crying of laughter. #NuffSaid Thank you for having Daniel and I there to capture all of the love, and adventure. We're so excited to deliver the photos and videos because we know the genuine joy it's going to bring everyone who sees it! - Jess + The Boys

Ellie · Married on 09/21/2019

Must book! Asap! Absolutely amazing!

We just had the most amazing time with La Vie Studios! Our wedding photos that we just received couldn't come out better! Plus, their turnaround was so quick!! We worked with Jess & Ena, they were both so lovely, fun, and professional and always had a smile on! Before we decided to go with La Vie, we went thru about 100, narrowed it down, but their portfolio speaks for themselves! For those of you who are not in Miami looking for great photographers for your special day, look no further! Yes, I was a little worried at first booking from New York, where competition is super high here, but their work stood out from the rest! As soon as we booked them they also booked their flights just as quickly, and was updated with what was happening! I did not have to worry about a single thing which is always a plus when you're a bride juggling a million other things! We miss you guys already! Thank you so much for capturing our special day!

Sent on 09/27/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie O. · Married on 09/21/2019

The perfect choice

I can't say enough amazing things about Jose & Jess. From when I first reached out with 100 questions and Jess was patient, sweet, and welcoming. To my engagement shoot with Jose which was such a great and fun experience. My husband and I are not use to taking pictures but Jose did an amazing job of making us feel comfortable & made us laugh. Then to my wedding day, where I could not ask for a better photography team. Added zero stress and caught amazing moments.

Besides being great people, their work is magnificent !

Sent on 10/24/2019

Awww, Steph!

You and Ivan are too sweet. This is no longer a business relationship. Ivan and I have a full-on bromance. Hahaha

Thank you both for being so fun to be around, and easy to work with! Can't wait to photograph you again with twins in the future! (;

Big hugs from the whole La Vie Studios family,

Jose M.
  • Holly

Holly V. · Married on 09/07/2019

The best ever.

I'll start with this to save you time and effort in planning, in case you don't have time to read my novel of praise… Book La Vie Studios for photo and video… for your wedding, proposal, or anything special you want captured forever… just do it. & now for my novel of praise.
    My husband did a ton of research before his surprise proposal and found/chose Jose at La Vie Studios to capture it.
    From day one of our engagement and wedding planning journey La Vie Studios never ceased to amaze us and were the first to make us feel right at home in Miami. Literally right away Jose seemed like a friend we’d known for years. No awkward posing, uncomfortable, miserably long unnatural photos. Also, for everyone who hates photos – my groom can testify how painless they make it (and all the guys said ‘Amen’). Jose and Jess (& all La Vie Studios squad) are the best vibes to surround yourself with and just good people, never making you feel judged or like a stranger. They were by far the first vendor we booked, as it was by far the most obvious choice. They even helped us out with recommendations for other vendors we struggled to find. They are great with communication, responding to emails/texts as promptly as if you’re their closest friend and only client. Even though they actually have a zillion clients because they’re incredible. Their turn around time is impressive to say the least. We received our engagement sneak peak within 48 hours of the surprise session and the full gallery not much longer after. Our (very generous) wedding sneak peak was in our inbox within days and the huge full photo gallery/ all videos were emailed to us about 5 weeks after the wedding. & the end result photos and videos? We’re obsessed. Their attention to detail is unreal. I can’t count how many comments we received that our wedding photos should be in a magazine.
    Now… All this speaks about their amazing character, work, talent, professionalism, and devotion to their clients; but most importantly, they captured my husband and I in the most precious moments of our lives. They captured priceless forever memories from the moment my husband got down on one knee to our last tear-filled wedding dance. Nothing forced, nothing unnatural, just us and truly us, our love, our laughs, our friends and family, how much fun we (and everyone) had, our crazy dance moves, our biggest memories and tiniest most special fleeting moments, our uniquely us forever love story. Their work will fill our homes and our best days, and when we face challenges, one look at the true love they captured will remind us exactly why we’re on this journey together.

Sent on 10/23/2019

Hi Holly!

Everyone here at the studio is buying 10 copies of your novel! This needs to make the New York best seller's list ASAP. Haha

But in all seriousness, we can't begin to thank you and Frankie enough for being the beautiful, kind souls you are. From start to finish it has been an absolute pleasure working together with you. So much so that we're kind of bummed that weddings are a one-time thing. xD

Here's to many more memories together in the future when the kiddos arrive, and other special moments. We just want an excuse to hang out with y'all. Lol

Big hugs, and a whole lot of love from the whole La Vie Studios family!

- Jose M.

Jennifer · Married on 09/07/2019

Thankful for La Vie!

This is lonnnnng over due! Coming up on our 1 year anniversary re watching our video, looking through the memories there's only one person to thank. La Vie studios did such an amazing job. Having these moments captured is truly priceless. David and I cannot thank you guys enough. True professionals that put love into their craft, creating more than just photos and videos. Real memories you can love and share forever!

Sent on 07/11/2020

Celia M. · Married on 06/29/2019

So Happy with our choice of photographers!

I was referred to La Vie Studios by our wedding planner and when I looked at their Instagram page I loved their style of photography. When you meet with them, Jess and Jose put you at ease, you know you are in great hands. Working with Jess for our engagement photos was an absolute pleasure and our pictures came out gorgeous! There were so many "Frame Worthy" pics! On our wedding day they were relentlessly attentive at capturing all the details so we can remember everything from our happiest day yet! They did an extraordinary job and we truly loved working with them.

Sent on 07/21/2019
  • Grace

Grace · Married on 06/01/2019

Editorial-level Photographers

We did our engagement shoot and wedding photos with Jose and both times he blew our minds. We had a great time shooting even though my husband was very camera-shy going into the first shoot. Jose made him comfortable and even smile naturally. Our guests from our wedding even came up to us and told us how great he was. The results: When we got our photos back, we were in shock. We looked like we were in a magazine. The quality of the images are incredible. Our photos aren't like everyone else's with us kissing and the sunrays coming through our faces or awkward, unnatural positing. You could tell we were having a great time and feel the love through the images. They truly are one-of-a-kind!

Sent on 06/11/2019

La Vie Studios's reply:

Awwww Grace! Jose here, I can't thank you and Kyle enough for being the awesome humans you are. It's easy to capture good photos when you have amazing clients! From our inside jokes (BOO!), to my newfound bromance with Kyle, you guys have been a total pleasure to work with. Thanks again for giving us the honor of photographing these special life moments! Big hugs, and much love! - Jose M.

Kelsey · Married on 06/01/2019

Amazing Experience

Jess was very responsive, very easy to work with. She was excited to work with our dog in the wedding photos and traveled to our venue in the Keys. Our pictures look like they came straight from a magazine! 10/10 would hire La Vie Studios again. Absolutely worth it!

Sent on 07/21/2019
  • Emilee

Emilee T. · Married on 05/18/2019

Magnificent photos and professionalism!

WOW!! Not enough words could describe the professionalism and creativity that Jose Mena has! I am so HAPPY we hired him for our wedding. Not only did our photos turn out stunning, he was such a pleasure to work with. He's a seasoned photographer and made the day run seamlessly while also being everywhere! THANK YOU FOR PHOTOS AND MEMORIES THAT WILL LAST A LIFETIME!!

Sent on 07/16/2019

Emilee!

We can't thank you, and PJ enough for being the amazing people you are. Photographing your wedding was such a fun experience! Thank you for being a reminder of why we love wedding photography so much. Never a dull moment with you two. From running through seagulls, to dancing around a candle holder. Haha
    Thank you, thank you, thank you for being awesome.
  • Mr.

Mr. M. · Married on 04/06/2019

The Best Wedding Photographers in Miami

We loved working with La Vie Studios for our destination wedding in Miami Beach in April 2019. Jess and Jose are the most talented, fun, easy-going, and downright hilarious photography duo! What first caught our eye was the beautiful composition and liveliness of their photos – they were capturing the art in life and not projecting art onto life, a subtle distinction that made them stand out from other companies. Also, the vibrancy of colors and expert manipulation of natural light gave their photos a sun-soaked distinctly MIAMI vibe that we wanted to capture on our special day. We worked with Jose and Tara on our wedding day and they did not leave our side capturing beautiful atmospheric shots, getting-ready shots, first-look, Baraat procession shots, traditional portraits and our favorites, the candids! We want to give a special shout out to Jose who tirelessly organized the perfect flow of shots for each segment of our wedding over the course of 12 HOURS. Jose, you were the hardest working man at our wedding and we can’t thank you enough for your brilliant artistry, phenomenal cool-headedness and ingratiating spirit. The resulting photos from La Vie’s talented lens masters are an explosion of dazzling colors and energetic vitality conveyed in every frame. Our friends and family are blown away by the photos and swear they look editorial. La Vie Studios, Jose, Jess and Tara are the best photographers in Miami and they will elevate your wedding photos to high art giving your family the most precious heirloom that takes you back to the exact time, place and FEELING of every moment on your special day. From the fullness of our hearts, thank you La Vie Studios! *Mic drop*

Sent on 06/16/2019