La Vie Studios Reviews

89 | Miami, FL

89 Reviews for La Vie Studios

Alexandra Karaczynski 路 Getting married on 06/06/2020

Incredible

Jose was an absolute pleasure to work with. We booked La Vie studios for our engagement photo shoot at Vizcaya and Jose did a remarkable job making my fiance and I comfortable and relaxed in front of the camera. We were sent our preview within hours of our shoot and received the final engagement package less than 3 weeks later. We LOVE our photos and you can see how much fun was had through them! Beyond happy with Jose and La Vie Studios. If you're looking for a photographer - don't look further.

Sent on 04/25/2019
  • Y

Yetzabel Rizo 路 Married on 02/16/2020

Best photographers in town!

We got married last month and Jose was our lead photographer and we were lucky to also have Jess as our photographer for our chapel ceremony and all I can say is WOW! Jose also did our engagement pics and from meeting him that day, I knew our pictures would turn out to be everything we every imagined and they sure did! Jose and Jess are extremely patient, professional and respond in the click of an eye. They are also super down to ear and HILARIOUS! Great photography team. I have recommended them to everyone I know!

Sent on 03/25/2020

La Vie Studios's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words, Yetzabel!!! We had the best time working with you and Javi! Or should I say Maria and Fernando? Lol
    Seriously, we can鈥檛 thank you enough for supporting us, and giving us the opportunity to create work we鈥檙e truly proud of! Love you guys!!! We must hit Lung Yai together one of these days! 馃憦馃挍馃槉
    - Jose M.
  • Nicole

Nicole 路 Married on 01/19/2020

Hire them for their style, love them for their personality

Jess and Jose = the best ever! Who would have thought that randomly meeting at the tiniest wedding expo ever would have resulted in me finding the two most perfect photographers?! Humble, kind, real, and talented are just a few words I would use to describe Jess, Jose and the La Vie Studios team. From the capturing all the special moments before the wedding to always being everywhere during the ceremony and reception, Jess and Rey made my husband and me feel so comfortable. I have been thoroughly impressed by not only the quality of the photography, but by the quality of those that make the photography possible. To Jess, Jose and the La Vie Studios, thank you so much for your hard work, dedication, and overall awesomeness!

Sent on 01/26/2020

La Vie Studios's reply:

Aww, thank you so much for the kind words, Nicole!!!! You and Mason are da bomb, and made our jobs a walk in the park. It's because of couples like you that we love what we do, and always go the extra mile. Beyond excited to send you over your full wedding gallery! Big hugs, Jess & the LVS Boys
  • Daniela

Daniela Hernandez 路 Married on 01/18/2020

Best Photographers in da 305!!!

I am soooo happy with my wedding photos! If you are just as awkward as me and not use to taking photos FEAR NOT! Jose will come to your rescue and make you feel comfortable. All of my guests and people that have seen the photos are in AWE! They came out so candid and naturally but also sooo beautiful capturing how our wedding was and all of its happiness! I really highly recommend them!!

Sent on 02/01/2020

La Vie Studios's reply:

Awww, Daniela! Thank you and Gregory for being such a sweet, fun loving couple! Jess and I had an absolute blast at your wedding!!! And you sealed the deal for us with the Krispy Kreme doughnut cake. Haha
    We hope you enjoy your photos for years, and generations to come. Thanks again for everything, pana!

Much love from your friendly neighborhood photo ninjas,

Jose & Jess
  • Valentina

Valentina Chamorro 路 Married on 01/11/2020

1000% worth it.

The folks at La Vie Studios are fairy godparents because they make your dreams come true. Please hire them. They are 1000% worth it.
    They are the perfect combo of professionalism and playfulness. At our wedding they communicated effectively and kindly with everyone for the formal photos and played along with the candid moments as they happened. They also had an eye for some truly incredible shots which brings me to my next point.
    The final product, the photos, are incredible. I鈥檓 the biggest critic of photos of myself but I feel so beautiful in the photos La Vie Studios took. Trust them when they ask to take a shot because they have a vision that knows no bounds. These are truly beautiful and magical photos and with the wedding day itself being such a blur, it is SO nice to have these as a reminder.

Sent on 02/06/2020

La Vie Studios's reply:

Awww Valentina! Thank you so much for this (nearly) excessive flattery. Haha you're amazing! We really appreciate all the love you and Jake have shown us. As much as we'd love to take the fairy godparent credit, your wedding was something out of a fairytale! You and Jake made it so easy for us to document all the magic. You're such a beautiful couple, inside, and out. We're wishing you a happily ever after full of love, health, and wealth!
  • Christina

Christina 路 Married on 01/11/2020

Best in the business!!!

La Vie Studios deserves the highest rating possible!! We knew from the first time we met them that they were the ones we wanted for our wedding day. We saw their work so we already had high expectations, yet they still exceeded them! Not only are we in love with all of the pictures they captured, but they treat you like long-lost friends the whole time which majorly helps people like us who are awkward behind a camera (and also makes it a blast!). They knew exactly how to work with us so that you couldn鈥檛 even tell we鈥檙e awkward & gave clear directions that we desperately needed. They even kept us on our timeline and reminded us to take the pictures we had requested when we forgot. I will forever recommend them to everyone that needs photographers. Jess and Jose, we are forever grateful. Our pictures look like works of art and action shots instead of only portraits which was exactly what we were looking for. The pictures perfectly bring back all the memories and emotions and I could rant and rave about how they are the best in the business all day long!

Sent on 03/26/2020
  • FutureMrsBurkett

Jennifer Rose 路 Married on 11/11/2019

Just do it!

There is no better out there I have no doubt! From the first conversation to the day of and now seeing our pictures, we couldn鈥檛 have asked for anything more. Professional, punctual and the best at what they do. Their photos have already brought back so many special moments that get lost in the chaos of the day.

Our guests and vendors alike cannot say enough about how amazing the photos are, in addition Jose and team as great people left a lasting impression. The most advice I got while planning was on the photographer and if that is the benchmark for success, we hit a grand slam!

Sent on 11/22/2019

Ahhhhh!!! Jen!

We can't begin to thank you enough for choosing us to be a part of your wedding. If there's anywhere we could leave you a 5 star review as a client, please send ASAP! Haha

Thank you for being the most chill, fun bride ever! The whole photo / video team and I had a great time at your wedding! Even our photo booth attendant had a blast!!! xD

Best wishes always to you and Brad. Big hugs, and much love!

Jose M. & the LVS team
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth Armenis 路 Married on 11/02/2019

The best of the best!

Ok, so there is no way I can top Holly's novel because she hit every point I wanted to mention and more! So here is a short sequel to her novel lol.

So our experience with La Vie Studios is so beautifully intricate that we have to call it MAGIC! My fiance and I were in a long-distance relationship the majority of our engagement, so Jess and Jose accommodated our first meeting to be via Whats App Video Chat. Our conversation with Jess and Jose has been one of the highlights of our wedding journey. We felt like we were adopted into their family and interacted like long-lost Cuban primos that laughed, joked, and collaborated well! We knew that if a What's app chat made us feel such genuine vibes that we did not have to look any further. We booked immediately and did not regret our decision to research any other photographers. They are that OUTSTANDING! During that convo, we mentioned that we wanted to do our engagement session in the big city of NYC, and Jose was so onboard! During our NYC trip, Jose knew how to balance professional and fun so well! We hit all our NYC favorite spots that day, and it did not feel like we were being photographed.
    Jose cracked jokes and had this way of making us smile that it felt so natural. We just had a blast that trip and would do it all over again! If you plan an NYC engagement or wedding, ask Jose where to find the best banana pudding, it's delicious! Our engagement pictures were on another level, and we can't wait to showcase them in our NYC apartment soon! In between our engagement and wedding, we stayed connected to Jess and Jose via Instagram and FB, stalking them and going gaga over their work, which speaks volumes for itself (such great talent). Come our wedding day; the La Vie team did not come short of their amazingness. They came through for us and treated us, once again, like family! One of our guests came up to us and commented on how spiffy Jess and Jose looked and how well they treated our guests! Their videography team was professional, funny, and so kind! We just got our sneak peek a week after the wedding, which is MAGICAL on their part because they are busy busy busy! There is an emotion that my husband and I get when we saw our first wedding pictures because they captured the best day of our lives so well!

We appreciate Jess and Jose so much and love them for who they are, what they stand for, their work ethic, their charisma, and their ability to walk into a room with humbleness, joy, professionalism, and genuineness! It is hard to find people like Jess and Jose, and we will forever treasure them and brag about them for years to come! They will forever be part of our Sotolongo family, and we will always turn to them to capture the best moments of our lives!

Sent on 11/12/2019

Caitlin Pennington 路 Married on 10/11/2019

Chef's Kiss!

We truly cannot say enough great things about Jess (photography) and Daniel (videography). It's wonderful when you have a team who is professional, fun, patient, and freakin' talented. It was genuinely a joy to work with Jess from start to finish in the entire process. We'd already tickled pink with our sneak peek shots - from beautiful portraits to ridiculous candids, everything is perfectly captured. Thank you so incredibly much for being one of the very best parts of our day!

Sent on 10/16/2019

La Vie Studios's reply:

WHEN CAN WE START CRYING?! You and Mr. Knox were a blast to work with. We were laughing with you all from the moment we read your inquiry right up until we said goodbye. You even had the officiant crying of laughter. #NuffSaid Thank you for having Daniel and I there to capture all of the love, and adventure. We're so excited to deliver the photos and videos because we know the genuine joy it's going to bring everyone who sees it! - Jess + The Boys

Ellie 路 Married on 09/21/2019

Must book! Asap! Absolutely amazing!

We just had the most amazing time with La Vie Studios! Our wedding photos that we just received couldn't come out better! Plus, their turnaround was so quick!! We worked with Jess & Ena, they were both so lovely, fun, and professional and always had a smile on! Before we decided to go with La Vie, we went thru about 100, narrowed it down, but their portfolio speaks for themselves! For those of you who are not in Miami looking for great photographers for your special day, look no further! Yes, I was a little worried at first booking from New York, where competition is super high here, but their work stood out from the rest! As soon as we booked them they also booked their flights just as quickly, and was updated with what was happening! I did not have to worry about a single thing which is always a plus when you're a bride juggling a million other things! We miss you guys already! Thank you so much for capturing our special day!

Sent on 09/27/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie Oquendo 路 Married on 09/21/2019

The perfect choice

I can't say enough amazing things about Jose & Jess. From when I first reached out with 100 questions and Jess was patient, sweet, and welcoming. To my engagement shoot with Jose which was such a great and fun experience. My husband and I are not use to taking pictures but Jose did an amazing job of making us feel comfortable & made us laugh. Then to my wedding day, where I could not ask for a better photography team. Added zero stress and caught amazing moments.

Besides being great people, their work is magnificent !

Sent on 10/24/2019

Awww, Steph!

You and Ivan are too sweet. This is no longer a business relationship. Ivan and I have a full-on bromance. Hahaha

Thank you both for being so fun to be around, and easy to work with! Can't wait to photograph you again with twins in the future! (;

Big hugs from the whole La Vie Studios family,

Jose M.
  • Holly

Holly Velez 路 Married on 09/07/2019

The best ever.

I'll start with this to save you time and effort in planning, in case you don't have time to read my novel of praise鈥 Book La Vie Studios for photo and video鈥 for your wedding, proposal, or anything special you want captured forever鈥 just do it. & now for my novel of praise.
    My husband did a ton of research before his surprise proposal and found/chose Jose at La Vie Studios to capture it.
    From day one of our engagement and wedding planning journey La Vie Studios never ceased to amaze us and were the first to make us feel right at home in Miami. Literally right away Jose seemed like a friend we鈥檇 known for years. No awkward posing, uncomfortable, miserably long unnatural photos. Also, for everyone who hates photos 鈥 my groom can testify how painless they make it (and all the guys said 鈥楢men鈥). Jose and Jess (& all La Vie Studios squad) are the best vibes to surround yourself with and just good people, never making you feel judged or like a stranger. They were by far the first vendor we booked, as it was by far the most obvious choice. They even helped us out with recommendations for other vendors we struggled to find. They are great with communication, responding to emails/texts as promptly as if you鈥檙e their closest friend and only client. Even though they actually have a zillion clients because they鈥檙e incredible. Their turn around time is impressive to say the least. We received our engagement sneak peak within 48 hours of the surprise session and the full gallery not much longer after. Our (very generous) wedding sneak peak was in our inbox within days and the huge full photo gallery/ all videos were emailed to us about 5 weeks after the wedding. & the end result photos and videos? We鈥檙e obsessed. Their attention to detail is unreal. I can鈥檛 count how many comments we received that our wedding photos should be in a magazine.
    Now鈥 All this speaks about their amazing character, work, talent, professionalism, and devotion to their clients; but most importantly, they captured my husband and I in the most precious moments of our lives. They captured priceless forever memories from the moment my husband got down on one knee to our last tear-filled wedding dance. Nothing forced, nothing unnatural, just us and truly us, our love, our laughs, our friends and family, how much fun we (and everyone) had, our crazy dance moves, our biggest memories and tiniest most special fleeting moments, our uniquely us forever love story. Their work will fill our homes and our best days, and when we face challenges, one look at the true love they captured will remind us exactly why we鈥檙e on this journey together.

Sent on 10/23/2019

Hi Holly!

Everyone here at the studio is buying 10 copies of your novel! This needs to make the New York best seller's list ASAP. Haha

But in all seriousness, we can't begin to thank you and Frankie enough for being the beautiful, kind souls you are. From start to finish it has been an absolute pleasure working together with you. So much so that we're kind of bummed that weddings are a one-time thing. xD

Here's to many more memories together in the future when the kiddos arrive, and other special moments. We just want an excuse to hang out with y'all. Lol

Big hugs, and a whole lot of love from the whole La Vie Studios family!

- Jose M.

Celia Martinez 路 Married on 06/29/2019

So Happy with our choice of photographers!

I was referred to La Vie Studios by our wedding planner and when I looked at their Instagram page I loved their style of photography. When you meet with them, Jess and Jose put you at ease, you know you are in great hands. Working with Jess for our engagement photos was an absolute pleasure and our pictures came out gorgeous! There were so many "Frame Worthy" pics! On our wedding day they were relentlessly attentive at capturing all the details so we can remember everything from our happiest day yet! They did an extraordinary job and we truly loved working with them.

Sent on 07/21/2019
  • Grace

Grace 路 Married on 06/01/2019

Editorial-level Photographers

We did our engagement shoot and wedding photos with Jose and both times he blew our minds. We had a great time shooting even though my husband was very camera-shy going into the first shoot. Jose made him comfortable and even smile naturally. Our guests from our wedding even came up to us and told us how great he was. The results: When we got our photos back, we were in shock. We looked like we were in a magazine. The quality of the images are incredible. Our photos aren't like everyone else's with us kissing and the sunrays coming through our faces or awkward, unnatural positing. You could tell we were having a great time and feel the love through the images. They truly are one-of-a-kind!

Sent on 06/11/2019

La Vie Studios's reply:

Awwww Grace! Jose here, I can't thank you and Kyle enough for being the awesome humans you are. It's easy to capture good photos when you have amazing clients! From our inside jokes (BOO!), to my newfound bromance with Kyle, you guys have been a total pleasure to work with. Thanks again for giving us the honor of photographing these special life moments! Big hugs, and much love! - Jose M.

Kelsey 路 Married on 06/01/2019

Amazing Experience

Jess was very responsive, very easy to work with. She was excited to work with our dog in the wedding photos and traveled to our venue in the Keys. Our pictures look like they came straight from a magazine! 10/10 would hire La Vie Studios again. Absolutely worth it!

Sent on 07/21/2019
  • Emilee

Emilee Trotta 路 Married on 05/18/2019

Magnificent photos and professionalism!

WOW!! Not enough words could describe the professionalism and creativity that Jose Mena has! I am so HAPPY we hired him for our wedding. Not only did our photos turn out stunning, he was such a pleasure to work with. He's a seasoned photographer and made the day run seamlessly while also being everywhere! THANK YOU FOR PHOTOS AND MEMORIES THAT WILL LAST A LIFETIME!!

Sent on 07/16/2019

Emilee!

We can't thank you, and PJ enough for being the amazing people you are. Photographing your wedding was such a fun experience! Thank you for being a reminder of why we love wedding photography so much. Never a dull moment with you two. From running through seagulls, to dancing around a candle holder. Haha
    Thank you, thank you, thank you for being awesome.
  • Mr.

Mr. & Mrs. Dev 路 Married on 04/06/2019

The Best Wedding Photographers in Miami

We loved working with La Vie Studios for our destination wedding in Miami Beach in April 2019. Jess and Jose are the most talented, fun, easy-going, and downright hilarious photography duo! What first caught our eye was the beautiful composition and liveliness of their photos 鈥 they were capturing the art in life and not projecting art onto life, a subtle distinction that made them stand out from other companies. Also, the vibrancy of colors and expert manipulation of natural light gave their photos a sun-soaked distinctly MIAMI vibe that we wanted to capture on our special day. We worked with Jose and Tara on our wedding day and they did not leave our side capturing beautiful atmospheric shots, getting-ready shots, first-look, Baraat procession shots, traditional portraits and our favorites, the candids! We want to give a special shout out to Jose who tirelessly organized the perfect flow of shots for each segment of our wedding over the course of 12 HOURS. Jose, you were the hardest working man at our wedding and we can鈥檛 thank you enough for your brilliant artistry, phenomenal cool-headedness and ingratiating spirit. The resulting photos from La Vie鈥檚 talented lens masters are an explosion of dazzling colors and energetic vitality conveyed in every frame. Our friends and family are blown away by the photos and swear they look editorial. La Vie Studios, Jose, Jess and Tara are the best photographers in Miami and they will elevate your wedding photos to high art giving your family the most precious heirloom that takes you back to the exact time, place and FEELING of every moment on your special day. From the fullness of our hearts, thank you La Vie Studios! *Mic drop*

Sent on 06/16/2019

Ayelet 路 Married on 03/31/2019

Beautiful, artistic photos + professional team!

I could not be happier with my decision to hire Jose and Jess! One of the most important thing for us was to have a really great photographer, and so I did a lot of research into the photographers. From the first moment to the last, working with La Vie was an outstanding experience.

-First, the actual reasons we hired them---the photos!
    I loved the style of the team from the get-go. Jose and Jess capture the most important moments, but they also take candid shots that speak volumes about the day---more than any portrait could. The photos are also beautiful, in an artistic and journalistic style that I loved. Technically La Vie also knows what they are doing---after looking at countless photographers, La Vie were the only ones who captured even low light photos with grace. We got some gorgeous pics back and I am so happy with the result.

-Second, professionalism -
    The team are true professionals. From the first to last moment, La Vie were super professional. I had a lot of questions throughout the process of hiring the photographer and Jose and Jess spent quite a bit of time answering my questions, always professionally and patiently. I also asked for certain things to be negotiated in the contract and Jose and Jess took all my requests seriously and respectfully. At the wedding they were on time and even stayed a little later as we had some problems that caused the wedding to be delayed. Everyone commented on what pros they were.

-Third, fun attitude-
    This last one is less important. It wasn't on my list of requirements to work with a fun team. But Jose and Jess brand themselves as fun and creative---and they are. And it makes the whole process much more enjoyable.

PS: So impressed was everyone with La Vie that my wedding planner put them on their list of preferred vendors after working with them on my wedding!

Def recommend La Vie Studios for beautiful, artistic photos and a stress-free experience.

Sent on 06/23/2019

Amandine 路 Married on 03/23/2019

Amazing talented photographers

Hi highly recommend these very talented and amazing photographers.
    I got married on March 23rd and met with both Jose and Jess before hand. They were very accommodating, had great energy and were very easy going. I trusted their artistic talent and experience right away.
    The end product was magnificent. The pictures were beautiful and we even received a sneak peak with many pictures just a few days after our wedding. This allowed me to print thank you cards quickly with pictures of my husband and I.
    The quality of the pictures is just so perfect. Their artistic vision is beautiful and above all I was happy I could trust the team with my wedding pictures. I gave very little guideline because they are the best and know what they are doing.
    I will hire them again and HIGHLY recommend them :)

Sent on 06/17/2019

Daniel Grevers 路 Married on 03/09/2019

Architects of the best night of our lives

La Vie studios (Jose and Jess) photographed our wedding this past weekend and it was absolutely perfect. It was like having a friend take our photos rather than someone we hired. They made everything organic and set up photos that perfectly captured the night. I can't thank them enough and recommend them for anyone who needs a photographer. They made every step of the way seamless and worked with us on any changes we requested (Like driving all the way to the keys to get photos of a rehearsal dinner).
    Jose and Jess, Thank you soo much for helping to make our night absolutely perfect.

Sent on 03/13/2019
  • Meghan

Meghan 路 Married on 03/02/2019

March 2, 2019 Wedding

Jess was a blast to work with! The teaser photos she sent us are amazing and we are so excited to see the res. Jess was super helpful throughout the planning process and offered suggestions throughout the way.

Sent on 03/07/2019

La Vie Studios's reply:

Aww! Thank you so much, Meghan! I appreciate your kind words and I'm pumped to send you the rest. :) Y'all were great to work with!

Charlotte Bell 路 Married on 02/09/2019

Amazing Photographers!!

I had a destination wedding and found La Vie Studios on wedding wire. From the beginning Jose & Jess we鈥檙e both quick to respond and help with any questions regarding booking their services. Because I was not local we did our meeting over the phone. They were both very helpful and enthusiastic about our wedding! Jess & Ena were our photographers. We could not fit in our portrait session that came with our package and they were so nice to suggest photographing our rehearsal dinner instead! We are so happy to have professional photos from this event too! Both of them were very nice and made us feel comfortable throughout the entire wedding day! I would highly recommend La Vie Studios as wedding photographers. From the process of booking La Vie Studios to receiving our wedding photos everything was perfect!

Sent on 03/09/2019
  • Arleena

Arleena 路 Married on 02/02/2019

La Vie for Life!!

So thankful to have found La Vie Studios!! We decided on La Vie for our wedding in 2/2019.....but had our engagement photos in June 2018. This was a right choice all the way! Great customer service, attention to detail, recommendations, and can鈥檛 beat the price. I鈥檝e only had the chance of working with Jose so far for the engagement photos at Cauley Square (which my fiance and I changed the appointment time last minute, but Jose was so flexible and understandable!). Jose was THE BEST in guiding the session and the pictures came out truly stunning. Cannot wait until working with them again for the wedding. Excellent choice!

Sent on 11/08/2018

Gina 路 Married on 01/26/2019

Too good to put in words

My wedding date changed last minute but that didn鈥檛 stop Jess from ensuring that I got what I wanted! She worked with me on finding another date and time she was available and created a wedding timeline for me! Jess wanted to make sure that she could capture my most important wedding moments so she went above and beyond to make time for all the pictures. The day of my wedding she helped me feel comfortable for every shot! She laughed, joked, and seemed to really enjoy capturing the moment. She鈥檚 extremely talented and just AMAZING! And even with all her amazing talent she鈥檚 still affordable, which was important for us since our budget was not that large! I can鈥檛 say thank you enough for all the hard work and time taken to capture our love! Seriously SPECTACULAR!

Sent on 01/14/2019

Emilee 路 Married on 01/05/2019

Top of the line! Jose & Jess will not disappoint!

Jose and Jess are the real deal. We鈥檙e thankful they were the ones to capture all the special and wild moments of our wedding day. Amidst the typical wedding day chaos, Jose and Jess were the calm to our storm. They provided fresh ideas and kept us focused on being present in the moment. They are truly a dynamic duo and the perfect complement to any wedding party. Our guests loved how they worked the crowd and we never felt like they missed a beat. Our sneak peek images are PHENOMENAL! We cannot wait to see the finished product. Choose La Vie, you will not be disappointed. 10/10 recommend! Thank you both! We love our photo ninjas! :)

Sent on 01/11/2019