La Mariposa Resort - Weddings & Special Events Reviews

La Mariposa Resort - Weddings & Special Events 6
La Mariposa Resort - Weddings & Special Events 7

3.6
      2.0

Loved the venue, beautiful place. I think the owners should hire people to help respond more quickly with answers to questions.

Sent on 10/25/2016

Valarie · Married on 05/26/2012

3.4
      3.5

La Mariposa is a very beautiful wedding venue, and it photographs amazingly! I highly recommend having your wedding here. Also, the food is amazing! I didn't expect the food to be as wonderful as it was, considering La Mariposa does not have a restaurant. My one issue with this venue was that you have to be sure to cover EVERYTHING you want with the event coordinator (Rita). I felt like she didn't go over everything with me and walk me through the whole process like other venues would have. For example, I know I had mentioned wanting to do a champagne toast, but at the wedding they told us we never ordered a champagne toast. I felt like before the wedding they should have gone through our entire order with us to make sure everything was there and ready to go, but they did not. So just be sure that YOU get everything you want! Also the decorator they use (Jorge) is very young, and I felt he didn't give me the time I deserved. Every time I emailed him he would say, "Sorry, I am working on another event, so just be patient and bear with me." I don't consider that to be quality service. But he did do an excellent job and the wedding was beautiful.

Sent on 06/08/2012

La Mariposa Resort - Weddings & Special Events's reply:

For every event there is a final detailing meeting, which this couple also had. At that time they signed the final review of thier events details. They did not request nor pay for a toast and were well aware of this. We are very sorry that they were under the impression that they were going to get something that they did not pay for, we did however give the bridal party a champagne toast on us for the misunderstanding. We are sorry that they were disappointed.
  • User2043468 · 2+ years ago

3.4
      2.0

Beautiful venue and Rita was very accommodating considering our having to reschedule our original date. While the location is absolutely gorgeous, the management team doesn't provide a lot of flexibility in any ideas one may have aside from what the venue itself provides. The fact that you have to use some of their vendors can make one feel restricted in choice but other than that, the place itself and service by the hosting staff was great.

Sent on 11/25/2012

La Mariposa Resort - Weddings & Special Events's reply:

This was a very nice couple to work with, not sure what they are referring to about having to use our vendors, since in fact they only used one of the referrals given to them. We always refer, but never insist on any of our vendors. The couple complimented us repeatedly and told us how happy they were with us.