La Mariposa Resort - Weddings & Special Events Reviews

La Mariposa Resort - Weddings & Special Events 5
La Mariposa Resort - Weddings & Special Events 6
La Mariposa Resort - Weddings & Special Events 7

Marla · Married on 06/10/2016

My husband and I were looking for a gorgeous, romantic and subtle venue, La Mariposa was the first venue we fell in love with online and as soon as we visited there was no more competition. Steve and Francesca were amazing, helpful, professional and most of all with a lot of experience and made our special day completely perfect!
    Everything from the location, the outside grounds, inside starlight room, the amazing chef! and their availability was impeccable we really appreciate their work and would get married there again and again!

Sent on 07/10/2016

Bernadette · Married on 05/12/2016

This is the second year we used La Mariposa for our commencement celebration. The facility is beautiful and the grounds make a great backdrop for pictures.

Sent on 05/17/2016

Loren · event on 05/01/2016

We had over 400 in attendance at our Orthodox Easter Celebration. La Mariposa was beautiful. Everyone had a great time. We hope to do it again next year at this location.

Sent on 05/03/2016

There is no better venue in Tucson! Everything was perfect down to the smallest detail! Beautiful venue, exceptional staff!! Thank you, Brennan's and staff for making my reception perfect in every way!!!

Sent on 05/02/2016

So happy I had my wedding here, it went perfect. Francesca is so helpful! Beyond beautiful location, good food.

Sent on 04/26/2016

Mallorie · Married on 03/20/2016

La Mariposa had everything I have ever wanted for my wedding. My dream choice ! I could not have asked for a more amazing flawless day. They took care of us from the day I toured the venue up till the day after my wedding. Franchesca and Steve are so amazing, kind, caring, giving and they truly know how to make people feel important and special. Their venue is magical. They were flexible, understanding and attentive,

Thank you so much for my wedding !

Sent on 03/22/2016

From the moment we visited La Mariposa, I knew this would be where we got married. It was so beautiful and Francesca was so helpful from the beginning to end. She worked with us on everything and the venue is just perfect. From the food to the views, everyone has said it was amazing and we have the pictures to prove it. Thank you!!

Sent on 03/24/2016

Andrew · Married on 01/15/2016

La Mariposa's staff is top notch, and willing to work with planners on customizing the experience. The owner and his wife are very responsive to inquiries and passionate about giving customers a great deal for the money, offering competitive rates to other resorts. We greatly valued their insight, knowledge, and friendliness throughout the process.

Sent on 09/05/2015

Andrew · Married on 01/15/2016

Sent on 09/05/2015

Pastor Rennon R. · Married on 11/13/2015

I would like to personally recommend, The Starlight room @La Mira Posa c.c for your wedding venue. You will find the the backdrop of the mountains to the east, plush green grass and tall shade trees for the just perfect sunset picture. They also hace a covered gazebo. and a very nice pond. Did I mention that they a horse draw carriage so that the Bride can make her entrance to her groom. Steve and his wife Francisca are drived to the finest and even the smallest details to make your wedding a perfect wedding.I have done many weddings in the past; However La Mira Posa is the best venue for your wedding. Not to mention that the food and service is excellent as well.So stop by, email, call them. they are at 1501 N. Houghton rd. Tucson, Az. (520-749-1099)
    La Mira Posa is the place to be.
    Pastor Ray of weddingspastor-tucsonaz.com 520-237-3755

Sent on 12/09/2015

Arwen · Married on 11/12/2015

La Mariposa was such a special venue for my wedding on November 12, 2015. The combination of nature, gazebo, twinkling lights, patio, fire, pond, inviting interior, delicious food and attentive kind service created the perfect place for us to express our love of each other, our family and friends. I feel fortunate to have found a place that emulated peace. Thank you for being a part of the happiest day of my life!

Sent on 11/18/2015

Jennifer · Married on 10/30/2015

From this Mother of The BRIDE. I was so pleased how everything turned out. Steve and Francesca were always professional and eager to please to make our daughter's wedding perfect. I HAD NO STRESS and did not worry and was able to concentrate on the really important things, like visiting with all my family and really enjoying this event. The staff performed excellent. THANK YOU so much for all you did. WELL worth the money. THANK YOU!

Sent on 11/03/2015

Jaimi · Married on 10/04/2015

Francesca and Steve at La Mariposa were so very wonderful to work with! They were both very attentive, and very easy to communicate with. The food was amazing, and the venue was beautiful, green, and very well taken care of. Francesca made the wedding day as stress free as it could possibly be by walking everyone through what they should be doing and when. She made certain that I had everything that I needed, and even stuck around until after dinner to make sure everything went smoothly. Even after she left, their staff was helpful, attentive, and very professional. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone getting married in the Tucson area. Thank you so much Steve and Francesca!!

Sent on 11/06/2015

La Mariposa Resort - Weddings & Special Events's reply:

Thank you for the nice review. You were a pleasure to work with. Best of luck!
    Steve and Francesca

Brandy · Married on 05/14/2015

We had our wedding reception at La Mariposa one year ago today. It was beautiful and absolutely perfect! The landscaping, setup and décor provided an intimate feel, which is exactly what we wanted for our special day! We planned our entire wedding in five months and we couldn't have done it without Steve and Francesca. They were so kind, accommodating and helpful! We had no idea what we were doing, but they are total pros! Everything came together perfectly and we couldn't have been happier. And the food...the FOOD!!! Oh my gosh, it was incredible. We did the South of the Border buffet and our guests are STILL raving about how delicious it was! The Chile Rellenos were to die for! For our one year anniversary, my husband worked with Steve to recreate our wedding dinner at the venue. It was such an incredible gift! It made us feel so good to know that they remembered us and wanted to help make our day special even a year later. They have a way about them that makes you feel like family, not just another customer. We can go on an on, but you should really check it out for yourself!

Sent on 05/14/2016

Hugo · Married on 04/10/2015

I was the officiant for a ceremony at La Mariposa Friday evening. This is not the first ceremony I've performed there, but felt compelled to write a review after this one. The ceremony got off to a later than scheduled time due to a traffic accident that affected guests ability to arrive on time. It gave me the opportunity to sit and observe as well as speak with the very gracious owners of the property. They were patient, attentive and worked together to ensure the Bride and Groom's needs were met. I was also treated very well, more like a guest than a vendor. I look forward to performing more ceremonies at La Mariposa. Hats off to a top rate management team! Thanks again!

Sent on 04/12/2015

b · Married on 10/31/2014

I fell in love with La Mariposa as soon as I saw it. I started planning our awesome Halloween wedding with Rita but Francesca took over from her. I liked Francesca much better. She is fantastic! Everyone at La Mariposa was so friendly, helpful, and responsive. They ordered special beer for us, made sure all the food was perfect, and made sure our wedding was perfect in every way. I would strongly recommend La Mariposa to anyone planning a Tucson wedding. Thank you Steve and Francesca!

Sent on 11/22/2014

Lee · Married on 10/03/2014

La Mariposa was our daughters choice for her wedding and reception. Our wedding was awesome. The grounds are beautiful. Green grass, large trees, lighted gazebo and a pond (with ducks). All which makes you feel like you've left the desert and entered an oasis. The owners and staff were great. They made us feel comfortable and handled every request with a smile. The appetizer's and dinner were amazing.
    At night, the beauty of this green oasis turns into a soft glow of white lights and a huge fire pit.
    This place was truly a magical location for our wedding and all our guests agreed. We will remember this evening always.
    Thanks La Mariposa!

Sent on 10/05/2014

Everything about La Mariposa as the choice for my sons wedding ceremony and reception exceeded our expectations. The original plan was to hold both the ceremony and reception outdoors, but weather concerns forced the reception indoors. With less than 24hrs notice, Francesca and her staff did an amazin job of rearranging all the related details, including setting up an additional Everything about La Mariposa as our choice for a wedding ceremony and reception exceeded expectations. We had planned to hold both the ceremony and reception outdoors but weather concerns led as to move the reception indoors. With less than 24hrs notice, Francesca and her staff did an amazing job of rearranging all the related details, including setting up an additional bar service during cocktail hour. The service was excellent and the food was wonderful. My son and new daughter-in-law loved how the entire staff made them feel so special. Overall, we feel La Mariposa was an excellent value.

Sent on 09/30/2014

Amy · Married on 09/27/2014

We had the most beautiful wedding at La Mariposa on 09.27.14. After looking at a number of Tucson venues back in 2013, we chose La Mariposa for many reasons...the venue is beautiful, the staff is knowledgable and flexible, and the prices are very reasonable and competitive.

We were hoping to have both our ceremony and reception outside, and La Mariposa was more than willing to accomodate us. Francesca and Eric met with us multiple times throughout the year to help us plan and were open and supportive of any and all suggestions/ideas we had.

A week before our wedding, we began to worry about the weather and weren't sure that having both the ceremony and reception outside would be the best idea. Francesca and Eric were extremely helpful and supportive as we decided to move our reception inside and helped to make the transition smooth and flawless.

The day and night of the wedding could not have been more perfect. Francesca and Eric were attentive to us, our families and our guests all night. Our guests had an amazing time, and I heard over and over again how fun and beautiful the wedding was, how delicious the food was and how perfect the venue was. It was and always will be a night to remember! Thank you La Mariposa!

Sent on 10/09/2014

Victoria · Married on 07/03/2014

La Mariposa is a wonderful place to get married! The food is amazing, the view is wonderful and everyone we meet and worked with were perfect. Everything we wanted was taken care for us. On the wedding day, the food was on time, exactly as we planed. When we e-mailed them leading up to the event, they got back to us within 24 hours. They helped make our day special and I would recommend La Mariposa to everyone!

Sent on 07/10/2014

Katie · Married on 06/17/2014

My husband and I had the pleasure of being married at La Mariposa in June of 1995, and we have wonderful memories and beautiful pictures to remember our day by. When scouting for an outdoor venue for our daughter's senior pictures, we were thrilled to see that La Mariposa is even more beautiful now than I remember it from almost 20 years ago. Being able to have our daughter's senior pictures taken at the same place that my husband and I started our lives together is very special to us.

Sent on 11/06/2014

The staff at La Mariposa did such a fantastic job with our wedding! We did almost everything in house (catering, DJ, florist, cake) and were so pleased with how it turned out. The food was to die for and our guests are still talking about how delicious it was. The DJ was amazing and played exactly what we wanted (we had a vintage theme and played mostly 30s/40s music and instrumentals). As for flowers, I had an idea in my head but couldn't quite put it into words. The florist figured out exactly what I wanted and just made everything so perfect. Our cake was beautiful and so tasty-we actually had a hard time picking flavors because everything was so good. They even helped me figure out how to get my non-traditional aspects worked into the wedding (like my vintage ice cream truck and my full bagpipe band). Steve, Francesca, and Eric made sure everything went smoothly and really took the stress off of my shoulders. My bridal group was well taken care of even before the wedding with food, beverages, and a cute space to get ready. Also, this is a great venue for kids--lots of well maintained grass for the little ones to run around. Everyone was so kind and accommodating throughout the planning process--this has to be one of the best places to get married/have a wedding reception in Tucson. It is a great value for the high quality service and grounds and I highly recommend La Mariposa to anyone looking for a venue!

Sent on 12/21/2014

Patricia · Married on 03/29/2014

Our son and beautiful daughter-in-law were married last weekend and the reception was held at La Mariposa. From start to finish, the evening was positively wonderful! The setting couldn't be more beautiful; an oasis in the gorgeous Sonoran Desert. The landscaping is lush and meticulously maintained, the food superb and, most importantly, the staff is kind, patient, competent and thorough.
    There were well over 300 people attending and the service was seemless, the financial outlay very
    fair and Eric, the manager, delightful and most capable!

Sent on 04/05/2014

Brittany · Married on 02/21/2014

Eric at la mariposa was wonderful! He kept me organized and even contacted the cake vendor and DJ for me! He made sure the wedding planning stayed on schedule, was reachable via email or phone at any time of the day. My wedding went very smooth and I didn't stress about anything! the venue is gorgeous, and the staff is wonderful!

Sent on 03/12/2014

Kara · Married on 01/18/2014

I had the best experience and the food and cake were amazing. Everyone had a great time and Rita was always there and always had everything together. It was a great time.

Sent on 01/27/2014