La Mariposa Resort - Weddings & Special Events Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• Kayla
    Kayla Married on 05/22/2022

Best place ever

Honestly an amazing event.
    Casey the coordinator was awesome and helped and explained everything! Any mishaps she fixed and was perfect!
    John the DJ and officiant was spot on! My officiant dropped out less than a week before the wedding and he jumped in and handled everything so smoothly!! The music was awesome and everyone had so much fun!
    He improvised so well during my family/daughter dance when my drunk grandpa cut in randomly and no one knew it wasn’t supposed to happen!

Highly recommend
    I’m still getting texts from everyone who attended saying it was the best wedding they’ve ever been to and that they had the time of their life!

Food was amazing btw!! Everyone was so happy and it was so nice to see
  • Naomi
    Naomi Married on 04/20/2022

Fairy tale!

The staff were very nice and accomodating. Willing to help with all of my requests and made my day perfect!
  • Gabriella
    Gabriella W. Married on 03/22/2022

Best kept secret in Tucson!

La Mariposa checked every box!! Affordable, Stunning location, Fantastic food, Beautiful scenery, and of course the awesome services of Kacie our wedding coordinator and John our DJ. The entire day from start to finish exceeded my expectations, cannot thank you enough for the incredible memories ❤️
    Gabriella H.
    Maria O. Married on 10/24/2021

Best Outdoor Wedding Venue under October moons

Had beautiful sunset! Outdoor seating was perfect, tables on the lawn, outdoor dance area on concrete, beautiful fire place! DJ was very attentive and joyful! Managers were very responsive to minor
    Concerns and in general!! Food was delicious!!! Appetizers were very abundant and delicious! Very happy to have chosen this venue and very pleasant people to work with! Had an exceptional experience, all personnel was very amicable and welcoming! Not to mention the bride getting-ready-room was very spacious and beautiful!

La Mariposa Resort - Weddings & Special Events's reply:

Thank you Maria, so happy that we were able to make your Special Day Fabulous!!! Best of luck in the future.
    Steve Brennan
    General Manager
    Karen W. Married on 09/26/2021

Expert Wedding Venue

I helped plan and coordinate my daughter's wedding at La Mariposa. Every person I had contact with here was helpful beyond measure, professional and went out of their way to ensure we were completely happy. Steve, Francesa and John all have done many weddings and are experts at helping to ensure things go perfect. Day of my daughter's wedding down to the last few hours we were unsure if it was going to rain or not. (Will it be inside or outside?) Francesca reassured us, that we only needed it to be dry for a little bit of time to have it outside. (turned out it didn't rain, but even if it had, inside was beautiful also!) The food was amazing, the DJ supreme, the venue itself beautiful! If I had one bit of advice for others- Before you go get something, ASK if they have it! They came through with so much stuff we didn't have to buy (easel for signage, colored linens, candles, mirrors for the centerpieces on the table) I don't have enough good words to say. My daughter said it best when she said it was "More perfect than she could have imagined."

La Mariposa Resort - Weddings & Special Events's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful compliments!
    We are so happy that your family and friends had a fabulous Wedding !
    Thomas R. Married on 09/09/2021

Magical memories

Amazing views, staff support and delicious food made my daughter's Wedding day absolutely amazing!

La Mariposa Resort - Weddings & Special Events's reply:

Hi Thomas ! Thank you for your comments about the Wedding! We are so happy that your family and friends had a fabulous time!
  • Vic
    Vic K. Married on 07/10/2021

Professional, accommodating, and budget friendly

This venue is straight up PROFESSIONAL, ACCOMMODATING, and BUDGET FRIENDLY. The location has a very private feel as it is tucked away from the rest of the city. Plenty of paved parking for the guests. The outdoor ceremony was in front of the gazebo with mountain views, majestic trees, and a serene pond. Nothing short of BREATHTAKING! It started to rain right after the ceremony and the reception was moved completely indoors. Talk about flexibility. The Mexican food was spectacular! DJ John nailed it with the music and as the MC. The staff was friendly and on top of things throughout the night. Appropriate COVID protocols were in place. The rain disappeared after dinner and we were able to also celebrate outside! Clean-up was easy and efficient. Unfortunately at the end of the night I discovered that a part of a tree had landed on my car after the storm but John was attentive and Steve was responsive with getting the damages repaired. Honestly, don’t book your wedding until you’ve checked out this place. Otherwise, you’ll never know what you missed out on!

La Mariposa Resort - Weddings & Special Events's reply:

Thank you Vic for the kind words. So happy that you had a great time at the Wedding. Sorry that a big branch fell on your car during the storm. Thank you for being patient with the reimbursement on your damage!
    Steve Brennan GM
    Milton S. Married on 06/19/2021

Outstanding location for any type of event!

Excellent location, staff, and venue to host any type of event, regardless of the type. Our event was not a wedding but an other event. The food and service was outstanding. I sincerely doubt any other vendor in Tucson could top La Mariposa Resort. And for dancing, the floor in the Skylight dining room was excellent, along with the music provided.
  • Nadia
    Nadia L. Married on 06/14/2021

Private event

Excellent venue fabulous food atmosphere and service first class Highly recommend

La Mariposa Resort - Weddings & Special Events's reply:

Thank you Nadia! La Mariposa was happy to be your Venue Choice for your Event! We look forward to working with you in the future!
    Mary C. Married on 05/12/2021

Memorial reception

At the last minute, my family decided we wanted to have a reception following my father’s memorial service. La Mariposa was able to accommodate us and helped plan a lovely lunch for our family and friends. The service was excellent and they made the room look so nice with centerpieces and linens too.

La Mariposa Resort - Weddings & Special Events's reply:

Thank you Mary. We were honored that you chose La Mariposa to celebrate your Dads life.
    Best of luck to you and your family.
    Marta B. Married on 04/25/2021

Magical and Memorable

Our guests boasted of having so much fun at our wedding/reception- our event flowed flawlessly and the entire team at La Mariposa to include cakes by Jamie, Photography by Erik Hinote and DJ John Lochert were outstanding!! The food was delicious and portions were amazing! Everyone (especially Erik and John) went above and beyond our expectations to make our special day/night one to remember. Thank you GM Steve Brennan (and Francesca too!) and your team - your staff ensured supurb service and attention to detail was top notch.

La Mariposa Resort - Weddings & Special Events's reply:

Thank you Marta! Our Staff at La Mariposa is so happy that we made your Wedding Day special and so memorable. Best of luck in the future and thank you for choosing La Mariposa!
  • Amanda
    Amanda P. Married on 10/22/2020

Absolutely Perfect

This venue and the staff were absolutely amazing, my husband and I had the best day of our lives here. I got 1 million compliments on the south of the border Buffay, and the venue is absolutely stunning. The DJ John goes above and beyond his duties and is absolutely wonderful. I could go on and on, I will simply say that this could not have been a better choice and we would do it over again 1 million times!

La Mariposa Resort - Weddings & Special Events's reply:

Thank you Amanda for the nice review and for trusting La Mariposa with your Special Day! Congratulations and best wishes for the future!
    Steve Brennan GM
  • Jessica
    Jessica Married on 06/13/2020

Perfect location for weddings

The staff are friendly and attentive. The location was beautiful and had the option of having inside or outside celebration. Both are just as beautiful! The food was delicious, the venue was perfectly landscaped and the packages were unbeatable!
    I couldn’t say enough good things about my experience and would choose La Mariposa again!

Thank you Jessica!
    We really enjoyed doing your Wedding and wish you the best of luck in your future!
  • Mary
    Mary R. Married on 04/25/2020

La Mariposa is a "dream come true" wedding venue!

I could not imagine a more beautiful place for an outdoor wedding in Tucson. Steve and all the staff were fabulous, going out of their way to make sure everything as splendid as possible, including the food and service. My guests were absolutely delighted to be in such a lush setting with ponds and mountain views. A magical day!

La Mariposa Resort - Weddings & Special Events's reply:

Thank you Mary. So happy that we were able to make your Special Day a wonderful event!
    Steve Brennan
    General Manager
  • F
    Fred W. Married on 12/21/2019

Fantastic venue great staff fantastic food a diamond on the rough. Steve and his crew go out of thier way to get you taken care of great experience

5 star operation fantastic venue fantastic operation excellent food s real diamond in the rough
    S real first class ticson experience!

La Mariposa Resort - Weddings & Special Events's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful review! So honored to be part of this special day! Keep us in mind for future events!
  • Danielle
    Danielle D. Married on 05/25/2019

My Perfect Day at La Mariposa!

Thank you La Mariposa for a storybook wedding. I have heard brides say how difficult it is to first choose and then organize all the venue decisions. I didn’t experience any of that. La Mariposa’s attention to detail, commitment to excellence and calm expertise created a fabulous event.
    La Mariposa is the prettiest place in Tucson to get married. While the location itself is still convenient to reach, from the moment you begin down their long private road, you see nothing but the natural beauty and the peacefulness the place offers. With unobstructed views of the Catalinas and those huge old mesquite trees, you know you are somewhere rare and special.
    They offer an incredibly high level of quality from start to finish. Beginning with their help in planning your special day, their excellent vendor recommendations, the yummy tasting session, their availability and kindness through the months before right up to the big day, it’s wonderful.
    Cynthia and Steve went above and beyond to listen to what I wished for and then to make it happen. Cynthia was there every moment, no detail was overlooked. We had the best DJ, John, who ran the timing of the entire evening seamlessly. He and Cynthia make a great team on the day of. He was fun and took really good care of us. Genevieve, who made our cake, is doll and an artist. She made us the most fantastic cake. It was exactly what we talked about and looked better than the pictures I showed her. Classic, elegant and delicious. Pepe, the Mariposa chef, is gifted. Everything was cooked perfectly. Finally, a big shout out to our talented photographer, Ryan, everyone loved him and his pictures are extraordinary. Our guests haven’t stopped raving about our wedding, the food, how beautiful everything looked and how much fun they had.
    May 25, 2019 at La Mariposa, when I got to marry the best man there is, was better than I could have dreamed. Thank you La Mariposa!
    Ellie (Cline) Darr
    May 25, 2019

Dear Ellie,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review.
    Your wedding was fabulous also because of you, Dylan, your incredible family and wonderful friends. You are truly blessed to be surrounded by such amazing people! I wish you both the best !

Sincerely,

Catherine Married on 02/16/2019

Just Wonderful

What an absolutely amazing venue. They were so sweet and kind right from the beginning. They are extremely flexible and easy going and really just care about making your day wonderful. Cynthia really was amazing. They finalize everything with you ten days before the wedding but are available to answer any questions you have at any time. As soon as our ceremony ended, they had a server some straight to us and offer appetizer. They continuously had people come to my new husband and myself and ask if there was anything at all we needed. We got compliments on the venue all night. It was truly just a wonderful experience.

Hi Catherine,

Thank you so much for the amazing review! You and Derek are such a wonderful couple. It was such a pleasure for me to help you celebrate your special day. Also, your photographer is going to give us a picture of both of you and also a book so we can show it off! You are a beautiful couple! Thank you and I wish you the best.

Pamela J. Married on 01/12/2019

Utterly Beautiful and Magical !

The location is utterly gorgeous and magical. All the staff were magnificent to work with, the food exceptionally good. The attention to detail of set up and requests was honored every step of the way. Everyone we worked with was delightful and so helpful. We would highly recommend this location to everyone for events and weddings.
  • Stryfe
    William Married on 11/17/2018

Beautiful venue! Great people!

This has got to be one of - if not - the most beautiful venues in Tucson!

Not to mention the people that own and run the venue obviously know what they're doing with food, setup, and service.

If you're looking for an event venue at all in Tucson, I'd give this place a look and maybe you'll be as impressed as we were!
    Nicole Married on 11/01/2018

Wedding in November

We got married here on 1 November 2018. It was amazing! Everything went so smoothly. The coordinator was exceptional. The house DJ is great. The food was delicious. I really cannot say enough positive things about this venue. Our photos came out beautiful because of the amazing landscape at La Mariposa.

Hi Nicole,

Thank you so much for the review. It was such a pleasure working with both of you. You are such an adorable couple. It is so much fun for me to see it all come together on your special day. Thank you again.

Michael Married on 05/27/2018
    My son Nick and new daughter in law Kira were married May 27. Their reception was held at La Mariposa that Sunday evening. The reception was absolutely perfect ! We met with Francesca and Steve during the planning stages; they are both very friendly and very helpful. The staff helped set up for the evening reception; it all went so smoothly! The reception itself was beautiful. La Mariposa's grounds provided the most spectacular background for wedding pictures and for the guests to simply sit back and enjoy. The reception dining room is beautiful, About 120 guests were served a really tasty feast-we all felt the food was head and shoulders above most of the wedding dinners we've had before. Our compliments to the chef! The wedding party and guests enjoyed the big dance floor-especially the bride-she is a professional ballerina, so it was not your typical first dance ! Steve stayed throughout the evening to make sure all was well. We kept our bartender, Beth busy all night and if you know Beth, she worked hard to keep everyone happy with a smile on her face! I don't know if my review does the venue, the staff, the owners justice. La Mariposa provided the perfect reception. I would give them more stars if I could. Thank you for helping to make Nick and Kira's wedding day so memorable!
    Katie Married on 04/27/2018
    I am so happy that we chose La Mariposa for our wedding venue, and would like to thank the whole team that helped in realizing our special day. Cynthia was amazing, and was there for every detail and made sure the day went by as smooth as possible. John also did an amazing job with the music and moving the evening along seamlessly. The venue itself was beautiful, and the setting was perfect during sunset. We also loved the green grass and beautiful tall trees, not something you typically see in Tucson. I am very grateful for everything they did for us, and would highly recommend them for anyone.
    Lauren Married on 03/17/2018
    My brother got married here and it was the most beautiful wedding I’ve ever been to! The grounds are lush green with amazing views of the mountains. Steve, Francesca and Cynthia do a phenomenal job at making sure every detail of the wedding is everything you hoped for. They made sure the bride and groom were treated like royalty on their special day. The food was absolutely delicious, the music was so fun and entertaining, it was a party. We had an absolute blast!
    Loren Married on 03/17/2018
    I would really like to thank La Mariposa Resort for accommodating our special day. The owner Steve and his amazing team of employees made the night relaxing, fun, and memorable. In the planning phase, Cynthia and John went above and beyond to assure planning was seamless. They helped my husband and I plan through every wedding detail, create a timeline, pick meals/desserts, etc. They did not control our wedding vision, only encourage and help make it happen.

The day of, Steve and his powerhouse team of employees helped from start to finish. From setting up the ceremony/reception to serving us an excellent dinner for all our guests. I could go on, but I simply don’t have the words. We had guests from Korea, England, Texas, Maine, and many other places and haven’t heard anything but compliments about the evening - all thanks to La Mariposa. For all Tucson brides, this is your venue. I promise!
  • W
    Wendy Married on 01/25/2018
    Wonderful team, beautiful venue, it was my dream wedding!