La Mariposa Resort - Weddings & Special Events Reviews

La Mariposa Resort - Weddings & Special Events 6
La Mariposa Resort - Weddings & Special Events 7
  • Danielle

Danielle Darr · Married on 05/25/2019

My Perfect Day at La Mariposa!

Thank you La Mariposa for a storybook wedding. I have heard brides say how difficult it is to first choose and then organize all the venue decisions. I didn’t experience any of that. La Mariposa’s attention to detail, commitment to excellence and calm expertise created a fabulous event.
    La Mariposa is the prettiest place in Tucson to get married. While the location itself is still convenient to reach, from the moment you begin down their long private road, you see nothing but the natural beauty and the peacefulness the place offers. With unobstructed views of the Catalinas and those huge old mesquite trees, you know you are somewhere rare and special.
    They offer an incredibly high level of quality from start to finish. Beginning with their help in planning your special day, their excellent vendor recommendations, the yummy tasting session, their availability and kindness through the months before right up to the big day, it’s wonderful.
    Cynthia and Steve went above and beyond to listen to what I wished for and then to make it happen. Cynthia was there every moment, no detail was overlooked. We had the best DJ, John, who ran the timing of the entire evening seamlessly. He and Cynthia make a great team on the day of. He was fun and took really good care of us. Genevieve, who made our cake, is doll and an artist. She made us the most fantastic cake. It was exactly what we talked about and looked better than the pictures I showed her. Classic, elegant and delicious. Pepe, the Mariposa chef, is gifted. Everything was cooked perfectly. Finally, a big shout out to our talented photographer, Ryan, everyone loved him and his pictures are extraordinary. Our guests haven’t stopped raving about our wedding, the food, how beautiful everything looked and how much fun they had.
    May 25, 2019 at La Mariposa, when I got to marry the best man there is, was better than I could have dreamed. Thank you La Mariposa!
    Ellie (Cline) Darr
    May 25, 2019

Sent on 06/09/2019

Dear Ellie,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review.
    Your wedding was fabulous also because of you, Dylan, your incredible family and wonderful friends. You are truly blessed to be surrounded by such amazing people! I wish you both the best !

Sincerely,

Catherine · Married on 02/16/2019

Just Wonderful

What an absolutely amazing venue. They were so sweet and kind right from the beginning. They are extremely flexible and easy going and really just care about making your day wonderful. Cynthia really was amazing. They finalize everything with you ten days before the wedding but are available to answer any questions you have at any time. As soon as our ceremony ended, they had a server some straight to us and offer appetizer. They continuously had people come to my new husband and myself and ask if there was anything at all we needed. We got compliments on the venue all night. It was truly just a wonderful experience.

Sent on 02/17/2019

Hi Catherine,

Thank you so much for the amazing review! You and Derek are such a wonderful couple. It was such a pleasure for me to help you celebrate your special day. Also, your photographer is going to give us a picture of both of you and also a book so we can show it off! You are a beautiful couple! Thank you and I wish you the best.

• Stryfe

William · Married on 11/17/2018

Beautiful venue! Great people!

This has got to be one of - if not - the most beautiful venues in Tucson!

Not to mention the people that own and run the venue obviously know what they're doing with food, setup, and service.

If you're looking for an event venue at all in Tucson, I'd give this place a look and maybe you'll be as impressed as we were!

Sent on 11/30/2018

Nicole · Married on 11/01/2018

Wedding in November

We got married here on 1 November 2018. It was amazing! Everything went so smoothly. The coordinator was exceptional. The house DJ is great. The food was delicious. I really cannot say enough positive things about this venue. Our photos came out beautiful because of the amazing landscape at La Mariposa.

Sent on 11/05/2018

Hi Nicole,

Thank you so much for the review. It was such a pleasure working with both of you. You are such an adorable couple. It is so much fun for me to see it all come together on your special day. Thank you again.

MICHAEL · Married on 05/27/2018

My son Nick and new daughter in law Kira were married May 27. Their reception was held at La Mariposa that Sunday evening. The reception was absolutely perfect ! We met with Francesca and Steve during the planning stages; they are both very friendly and very helpful. The staff helped set up for the evening reception; it all went so smoothly! The reception itself was beautiful. La Mariposa's grounds provided the most spectacular background for wedding pictures and for the guests to simply sit back and enjoy. The reception dining room is beautiful, About 120 guests were served a really tasty feast-we all felt the food was head and shoulders above most of the wedding dinners we've had before. Our compliments to the chef! The wedding party and guests enjoyed the big dance floor-especially the bride-she is a professional ballerina, so it was not your typical first dance ! Steve stayed throughout the evening to make sure all was well. We kept our bartender, Beth busy all night and if you know Beth, she worked hard to keep everyone happy with a smile on her face! I don't know if my review does the venue, the staff, the owners justice. La Mariposa provided the perfect reception. I would give them more stars if I could. Thank you for helping to make Nick and Kira's wedding day so memorable!

Sent on 06/07/2018

Katie · Married on 04/27/2018

I am so happy that we chose La Mariposa for our wedding venue, and would like to thank the whole team that helped in realizing our special day. Cynthia was amazing, and was there for every detail and made sure the day went by as smooth as possible. John also did an amazing job with the music and moving the evening along seamlessly. The venue itself was beautiful, and the setting was perfect during sunset. We also loved the green grass and beautiful tall trees, not something you typically see in Tucson. I am very grateful for everything they did for us, and would highly recommend them for anyone.

Sent on 05/02/2018

Lauren · Married on 03/17/2018

My brother got married here and it was the most beautiful wedding I’ve ever been to! The grounds are lush green with amazing views of the mountains. Steve, Francesca and Cynthia do a phenomenal job at making sure every detail of the wedding is everything you hoped for. They made sure the bride and groom were treated like royalty on their special day. The food was absolutely delicious, the music was so fun and entertaining, it was a party. We had an absolute blast!

Sent on 03/23/2018

Loren · Married on 03/17/2018

I would really like to thank La Mariposa Resort for accommodating our special day. The owner Steve and his amazing team of employees made the night relaxing, fun, and memorable. In the planning phase, Cynthia and John went above and beyond to assure planning was seamless. They helped my husband and I plan through every wedding detail, create a timeline, pick meals/desserts, etc. They did not control our wedding vision, only encourage and help make it happen.

The day of, Steve and his powerhouse team of employees helped from start to finish. From setting up the ceremony/reception to serving us an excellent dinner for all our guests. I could go on, but I simply don’t have the words. We had guests from Korea, England, Texas, Maine, and many other places and haven’t heard anything but compliments about the evening - all thanks to La Mariposa. For all Tucson brides, this is your venue. I promise!

Sent on 03/29/2018
    La Mariposa Resort - Weddings & Special Events 13
    La Mariposa Resort - Weddings & Special Events 14
  • W

Wendy · Married on 01/25/2018

Wonderful team, beautiful venue, it was my dream wedding!

Sent on 02/07/2018
    La Mariposa Resort - Weddings & Special Events 15
    La Mariposa Resort - Weddings & Special Events 16
    La Mariposa Resort - Weddings & Special Events 17

Kristen · Married on 11/29/2017

This venue was amazing!!! The food was excellent, the champagne was delicious and the dance floor was perfect. Cynthia and John made the night run smoothly. It was the wedding of my dreams. I would highly recommend this place to anyone who wants a beautiful wedding.

Sent on 02/02/2018

Bethany · Married on 04/02/2017

My husband Tyler and I got married here on April 2, and it could not have been a more perfect venue! Steve, Francesca, and Cynthia were great at coordinating, and so friendly and helpful. We used the recommended DJ (John with Millenium Music Service), baker (Genevieve with Cakes by Genevieve), florist (Mary Bartok with Love It! Florals), and decorator (Jorge with Endless Decor). We recommend all of those vendors as well, their prices were great and they were all so easy to work with and friendly. The quality of everything was amazing, from the food to the friendly service they all provided. We've had countless guests say how much they loved the food, cake, beautiful venue, DJ, and how the smoothly the event ran. We couldn't be more happy with how our day turned out, we recommend La Mariposa to anyone getting married in Tucson!

Sent on 05/09/2017

Laura · Married on 04/01/2017

Do not think twice about having a wedding/event here. Our family just had the most PERFECT experience from start to finish. My daughter and her new husband just had their wedding here and it has been an absolute pleasure working with Steve, Francesca, Jorge and John and I'm sorry but I forget the cake lady's name..but she's fabulous as well.
    Everyone from the cleaning crew to the top dog Steve /sorry Remmy/ was beyond helpful, professional, enthusiastic, and just plain awesome. What could be perceived as a stressful event /a wedding/ could not have been run smoother from start to finish. These folks are serious about giving their customers a top notch experience and they couldn't be nicer to work with. Anyone looking for a venue need not look any further. They are the best.

Sent on 04/02/2017

La Mariposa Resort - Weddings & Special Events's reply:

It was such a pleasure working with both of you. What a special wedding that was! Best of luck to you both and you can bring Remmy by anytime. We all fell in love with him!

Jimmy · Married on 03/27/2017

My bride and I live in Oklahoma, so we were doing all of our planning via weddingwire and phone. We both feel blessed and fortunate that we chose to have our ceremony here. Communication leading up to the day was great, but the best part was definitely when we got into town and saw the beautiful venue in person! Francesca and Cynthia were amazing. The wait staff during the reception was great, the food was delicious.
    Honestly, before the wedding I could not believe how expensive the venue was; once we got there and Francesca and Cynthia took over, taking all the stress off of myself and, more importantly, my wife, I felt it was worth every penny. I wouldn't change a thing. Thank you, La Mariposa, for the perfect setting for the perfect day.

Sent on 04/17/2017

Jessica · Married on 03/10/2017

This venues is simply beautiful! Steve and Francesca are always helpful and respond to emails and calls promptly. They made our experience of planning very easy. On the day of the wedding everything went smoothly and they made sure we had everything we needed. The DJ John was the most amazing, helpful and fun person to work with! John made sure our reception and ceremony went smoothly, he made sure we had a great time!

Sent on 03/12/2017

La Mariposa Resort - Weddings & Special Events's reply:

Thank you for the review. It was a pleasure working with you. Best of luck in the future!

Kendrick · Married on 10/29/2016

La Mari Posa was FANTASTIC!!!! 5 stars all around! They worked with us on everything from last minute changes (although I would not suggest that), suggesting a flower person, DJ and ideas that have worked at their location. They were truly all inclusive. Food, Drink, Wedding cake and fireworks (optional).
    The owners Steve and Francesca were true professionals and clearly love what they do. Having done over 1700 weddings, they know what works and what doesn't.
    All around the value was FANTASTIC! Thank you Steve and Francesca for working with us and doing such a great and memorable job for this very momentous event. My family and friends said "Way to set the bar so high" referring to weddings that they will have to put together for their children. A GREAT TIME WAS HAD BY ALL!
    Cheers!

Sent on 12/05/2016

Kristi · Married on 10/20/2016

The perfect wedding venue! Steve and Francesca are so wonderful and work so hard. The house dj-John-is also wonderful. You can't go wrong with this venue!

Sent on 10/25/2016

Tanya · Married on 10/09/2016

My daughter and son in law had their wedding and reception on October 9 and it was absolutely wonderful! From beginning to end the staff was very attentive to every detail. Steve, Francesca and Cynthia were excellent, very professional and friendly! I had a great time at the reception with Cynthia, she went out of her way to make our night a success and to made me feel relaxed. Thank you Cynthia!! The grounds are beautiful and the food was out of this world; every guest commented on how wonderful it was. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone interested in weddings, or other types of celebrations.

Sent on 10/12/2016

La Mariposa Resort is incredibly beautiful and green! I attended a wedding there last May and it was so lovely that I am having my upcoming wedding there too! If you're looking for an amazing location with food and staff to match La Mariposa Resort is your place.

Sent on 10/28/2015

Emily · Married on 10/01/2016

Steve and Francesca did a great job organizing everything for our wedding. They were very responsive and accommodating to anything we needed. I would highly recommend La Mariposa as a wedding venue.

Sent on 10/09/2016

Nicky · Married on 08/26/2016

This venue is absolutely stunning! I could not be happier with the beautiful view and the service that we have received. I will be recommending this venue to all my friends.

Sent on 09/20/2016

Butch · Married on 08/05/2016

I was the Father of the Groom. I was so pleased how Steve and Francesca handled the entire event. From start to finish no detail was too small. The wedding, which was held on the grounds, was beautiful. Both the wedding and reception went off without a hitch. I would highly recommend La Mariposa to anyone considering a venue for their wedding.

Sent on 08/08/2016

Denise · Married on 06/17/2016

Could not be a better place for a wedding in the Tucson, Arizona area than La Mariposa Resort! Everything was perfect, the all inclusive package they offer, the beautiful green setting near a small lake with sunset views, the staff, the management, the DJ and a big cheer goes out for the food! The food served was 5 star gourmet quality! Do yourself a favor and hold your wedding here, My son and daughter-in-law were married here this June 2016 and it was the best wedding we ever attended! Highly recommended!

Sent on 06/29/2016

Diana · Married on 06/17/2016

I had my wedding at La Mariposa Resort on June 17th 2016. It is an absolutely beautiful venue with gourgeous views, mountain, trees, pond... Everything was exactly as I dreamed of. Staff was very professional. We also worked with their Dj, cake maker and decorator. They were great and delivered exactly what I wanted to a tee. Francesca and Steve are pleasant to work with, very flexible and make you feel very special and important. I will suggest this venue to everyone I know. Thank you so much!

Sent on 07/03/2016

Hi Diana,
    Thank you for the nice review. It was a pleasure working with you. You are always welcome to take anniversary photos on the property.

Kassie · Married on 06/11/2016

I had my wedding here on June 11th and everything was perfect! Steve and Francesca were great! The servers were so wonderful and attentive. It was also very convenient to have vendors available for decor, cakes and music that knew the venue and were so seasoned! The food they served was so delicious and there was plenty of it for the buffet.
    The day of the wedding could't have turned out more beautiful and more fun. If you are looking for a hidden gem in the desert (where you can forget you are in a desert) I HIGHLY recommend La Mariposa :) Thanks Steve and Cesca!!

Sent on 07/05/2016

La Mariposa Resort - Weddings & Special Events's reply:

Hi Kassie, thank you for the nice review. It was fun to see all of your family. Best of luck in the future!