LA Color Reviews

58 | Pasadena, CA

58 Reviews for LA Color

Wayne · Married on 09/25/2010

A good friend of mine recommended Taky for my wedding. We're glad we hired Taky as our videographer! My wife and I were extremely pleased with his overall professionalism, service, and his great sense of humor with our guests. Taky interacted very well with our family and guests. He made them feel comfortable and got them involved but didn't over do it. Many of our guests provided compliments for Taky!

Taky and his crew were very flexible in working with us during the day of our wedding. They really took care of "business." The DVD's that he were exceptional. He really captured all the precious moments of our wedding.

We also hired Sam as our photographer who works at the same company with Taky. We were also very pleased with Sam as he interacted well with the guests, was very professional, and worked well with his whole crew.

I highly recommend Taky and Sam of LA Color because they really make your wedding that much better.

Sent on 03/04/2011

cindy · Married on 08/09/2009

Two thumbs up for Taky's excellent service!!! My husband and I are very satisfied with his work. He is very friendly and easy to work with. His great personality definitely helps to engage people to act and talk in front of a video camera. I have seen a few samples from other vendors and have never seen one that is as creative as Taky's. He includes a 'dedication' section which is one of our favorite part of the DVD. When my husband and I look back to our wedding day, it seems that everything happened so fast and we didn't even have time to say hi to all of our guests. Fortunately, Taky was able to capture what we missed. Our guests' greetings are beautifully edited into the 'dedication' section. We love the bonus features he offers (e.g. bloopers, wedding highlight montage and the language selections). Also, we love Taky's talented editing skills and he makes the final footage looks like a movie (we enjoy the sound effect and the music selections). All of our friends and families enjoy the DVD (even one of my single girl friend says that she will definitely hire Taky when she gets married)!

Taky responses very quickly to our questions and concerns via email and phone (both before and after the wedding)! His team showed up early to prepare on our wedding day. We couldn't have been happier with our choice. I know some people may be considering to cut videography from their wedding budget; I strongly encourage them to go see Taky's work. I know they will not regret it for having Taky as their wedding videographer. We strongly recommend LA Color!

Sent on 03/29/2010

Elaine · Married on 07/24/2009

I haven't seen the pictures yet, but they were very pleasant & I think the pictures will turn out very good. I'm looking forward to seeing them.

Sent on 08/12/2009

Julia · Married on 06/20/2010

I highly recommend the service from LA Color. I knew Taky, the videographer from my friend's wedding, where I was one of the BM. I knew I had to hire Taky for my own wedding after seeing how well he interacts with everybody. He is very funny & passionate with what he does, he had his ways to get your guests to talk and enjoy the wedding in order for him to capture the best moments in the video.

After working with him for our own wedding, both my husband and I are very pleased throughout the entire process. He goes above and beyond to make sure that he delivers the best service, and he treats his clients like his friends. He also gave us all kinds of recommendations based on his experience . It was truly a pleasure working with Taky.

We also hired LA color for the photograher session, the pictures turned out nice, and we get to keep all 3,000 proofs, which is awesome! Sam is very professional at the wedding day, he is very dedicated and took a lot of shots for the wedding party. Although it took a while for Sam to get back to us on some of our requests (before and after the wedding due to the busy wedding season), and we wish there would be more variations on the touch up photos, but overall, we are happy with the pictures and we look forward to see the finished album. Both Sam and Taky are very professional, and are very flexible to work with.

We actually ended up getting our lighting and photobooth services from LA color as well. It was a great idea to bundle up from the same vendor, not only do you get great discount, but we have the entire crew at our wedding as back up. It truly made the entire wedding process go smoother. Both the wedding day photo and photobooth sessions made it to our videos too, that's one benefit you get for hiring a single vendor.

Overall, you wont' go wrong with LA Color.

Sent on 12/06/2010

J · Married on 11/13/2010

LA Color is great! We hired them for our wedding on November 2010 based on a referral from our wedding coordinator, Gloria, at the Universal Hilton. We feel very fortunate to have them as our photographer and videographer. They were very organized, professional, and help make our special day very fun! Our wedding guests told us later that Taky was very animated and made it very fun for them. When we recieved our wedding video we could not stop laughing and of course crying on some very touching moments Taky thoughtfully captured. Taky exceeded our expectations on our wedding video! Although it took awhile to receive it was well worth the wait.... To add icing to the cake, some of our guests mainly spoke Cantonese and Taky was able to speak to them. This made them feel even more comfortable. We really appreciated that added bonus. We also hired them for our engagement pictures. Sam help us find a wonderful engagement site. He was very flexible, patient, honest, and captured beautiful pictures. He made us feel comfortable and relaxed during the photo session within the time allotted. I recommend LA Color to my friends and family! Thanks LA Color!! ~ Jason & Jenn

Sent on 07/19/2012

Sharon · Married on 04/18/2009

Taky from LA color has a great upbeat personality which is great when he interviews wedding guest! He's good and passionate about what he does.. that's why he's so good.

Sent on 07/18/2009

Gary · Married on 07/25/2009

Very fun and easy to work with; great charisma and videos/pictures in the end. Even provided free extra half hour of pictures and videos contained videos/slideshows we did not request in the beginning at no extra charge.

The photographs were taken with skill and knowledge of best angles, lighting and even moods. Compared to the four or five other friends with DSLR, I still consider Sam's pictures the best. Plus, there was an extra photographer just to catch another angle. And although we did not get any books of pictures or physical products (just digital and ORIGINAL copies, both RAW and JPEG), I am certain they will do a great job on those seeing how the videos turned out. Oh, Sam even invited us to go to a scenic area to do poses that very much is same quality as pre-engagement photos! So all in all, very good bang for the buck.

The video, we opted for two hour package recording of the ceremony. However, when we got the DVD, there were three extra slideshows, a segment on people's congratulations, and bloopers! Taky is brilliant at getting guests to talk, even the ones that are a bit shy or awkward. All in very wonderfully packaged DVD/Blueray cases with pictures printed directly on CD's. We even received several DVD copies! The best feature of the video is the editing. From smoothly extending (or shortening) songs to fit slideshows to removing extended footages (yes, some parts of the ceremony was boring watching it on the big screen), the work is very professionally done and edited. Even down to the fine details, like coordinating music with the dramatic parts of slideshow, and showing words of bride/groom as first and last message of a segment, this shows good work and much experience. And once again, we opted for a very inexpensive package but got much more than we paid for.

Sent on 01/16/2010

Jenny · Married on 06/24/2006

4.2

Great service. Very cooperative and easy to work with.

Sent on 03/22/2007