LA Color Reviews

58 | Pasadena, CA

58 Reviews for LA Color

christine · Married on 08/06/2011

LA Color was a fantastic vendor to work with. We hired Taky to video capture our wedding and he was a pleasure to work with from the day we hired him to the day we received our wedding videos. He was a ball full of energy and kept me in high spirits throughout the wedding planning process. He always had a quick turnaround and was always offering to help with anything that would help make the day of run smoothly. He went above and beyond what we had hired him to do and my husband and I were so appreciative of that. We also rented lighting equipment through LA Color and were happy with how the lighting came out at our reception venue. I highly recommend this vendor for your special occasion!

Sent on 01/12/2012
  • Orchid

Orchid · Married on 07/10/2011

Below is the review my husband wrote on his Yelp account, I just want to paste it through here, because we both really enjoyed working with Sam and Taky from LA Color, they did an awesome job in our wedding :)

"I highly recommend LA Color. My wife and I used their service for our wedding and engagement session. Sam and Taky were both professional and fun to work with. During photo shoot, I'm not very experienced in posing or being taken a picture, so Sam would recommend me ideas which helped me a lot and making the photoshoot more comfortable. Taky was great in video shooting during the wedding, he's creative and made the entire ambiance funner.

The editing, and end production was great too, we ordered both dvd and blu-ray and they came out better than we expected, having many features and bonus videos that we didn't talk about but came out great.

Long story short, LA Color was one part of the key point which made our wedding successful and we highly recommend them to anyone who is still looking and debating of choosing a photo studio for their special event. "

Sent on 01/08/2012

Rochelle · Married on 06/11/2011

Taky and Sam are awesome! They were very professional as well as helpful for those who haven't really done photo shoots before, and they are really good at what they do. We had an asian and American wedding on the same day and we needed them to go to several locations. Because they are from the same vendor, they worked around each other. Not like when you have photography and videography from different vendors and they step in front of each other to get better shots. These guys really helped smooth things along on such a hectic day (mostly from family members who like getting in front of the camera with the bride and groom...more than once). They are also very fun. They were partying along with us, but still doing they're jobs. My mother-in-law, who is pretty hard to please, was really impressed by these guys so that's really saying something. Haha! I would recommend them to future brides for sure. We were also able to rent a photobooth from the same place too. This is a must-have at a wedding. Our guests had so much fun with it and it totally saved my husband and I from having to smile and pose for pictures. It was getting hard on the cheek muscles by the end of the night, so having the photobooth was a plus for us.

Sent on 07/03/2011

Anlun · Married on 02/19/2011

Taky and his videographer team in LA color is professional. They shoot so many precious moments which bring us back to the big day and remind us so many priceless memories. They are fun and enjoy their job. I recommend Taky and his professional team to anyone who is getting married!

Sent on 09/01/2012

Angela · Married on 01/22/2011

For our wedding, I felt it was really important to find a videographer that you were comfortable with and can trust to capture your important event. We definitely found that with Taky and his team. They are very professional, but also a lot of fun!! All the guests commented how they appreciated the energy that Taky brought to the event. He also puts in a lot of effort in the final product. Highly recommend them!! Thanks, Taky!!

Sent on 08/06/2012

Mini · Married on 11/07/2010

At our wedding, we had the video service, lighting and photo booth from LA Color Production. I have to say that the chemistry of these services was one of the major elements which made our wedding a big success.
    The lighting really sets the tone in ballroom. I also love the change of lighting color on the walls which created different mood.
    OMG, that photo booth was a big hit. The line at the photo booth was actually longer than the line of our guests who wants to take pix with us. Those props are so popular and everyone put on a wig or a gigantic hat, etc. Our guests who range from 3 years old to 70some enjoyed the booth without a doubt.

Last but not least, Taky and his video crew were amazing. Taky was not only a talented videographer; he was also great in creating the atmosphere at our wedding which made our guests laugh. Our wedding DVD proves that Taky has tremendous passion towards his work. He puts a lot of thoughts in our video which captures all the precious moments. He also combines those trivia clips that gave us some good laughs and sweet memories.

Thanks a lot to LA Color Production.
    Special Thanks to Taky!!!!!!

Sent on 08/17/2011

Sheila · Married on 10/10/2010

When I was doing research on wedding photographers and videographers in LA with me being from across the nation I thought it would be a hard process and that I wouldn't find somebody that I could trust without meeting first at least. Taky and Sam made the process so effortless. Their genuine sincerity, being approachable via email/telephone/text, their professionalism and depth of knowledge, their quickness to respond to questions, their talents, and their amazing personality was what made me trust them completely.. When I finally met them the day before the wedding we went over some of my requests for places to take wedding day pictures and they made my dream come too, even greater than my expectations. The shots that Sam and Richard the photographers took were so unique and timeless, I LOVE all of my pictures, it was so hard to choose from the countless perfect shots they took.. Sam did such a wonderful job on editing my pictures as well with no hesitation he did everything I asked for and made my pictures edited to perfection. My album is still in the works but he has sent me all the visual aids I need to include me in the process. They work with you every step of the way which is not very common these days:) Taky by far is my favorite at LA Color, although I was happy with everyone, Taky is truly special and truly kind-hearted. He really wants to see you happy and goes above and beyond to make a very deep movie of your wedding day that captures all of the important details in high definition, great quality and with a twist. His editing and his talents as a director make the wedding video one of a kind. He is so wonderful to work with he is has a heart of gold, truly I built a relationship with him over the past year since my wedding date going through the editing process. He listens to everything you desire and still surprises you at the end when you watch the video with great clips you didn't even remember you had and moreover the interviews that he does with all your guests and family members and funny things he puts in the bloopers are forever there for you. Not everybody does this, I was so happy we chose him, he really cares what the outcome is and he wants you to have interview of people on your wedding day so you have those blessings to last you forever. He did not rest one second of the entire day and I had him for 12 hours, Sam too! Sam was taking pictures during cocktail hour and Taky was videotaping the guests dedications and interviews and making them funny at the same time with his exquisite personality, nobody else could get the footage he did if it wasn't for his great personality. His cutting edge talents along with the technology he uses renders him the absolute best videographer in town! All my friends want to use LA Color now and I am from Atlanta, but they will fly down here. My wedding was in California so i was really lucky that they were there and i happened to find them out of all the ones out there.
    Taky spend a lot of time editing my wedding video, he really put a lot of effort into it and more than he does for most other couples and so did Sam for my pictures and album and I am so appreciative. They made sure everything was professional. Taky watched my video over and over to make sure it was perfect and it was:) He even added a honeymoon and a dubai vacation surprise that I didn't even ask for! He made a nice honeymoon picture and video highlight of our honeymoon week and he also did that for our trip to dubai that year as newlyweds:) These two extras he did were very special to me and I will always have these in my video in the bonus features.. The wedding video is great, you will love it we got the package with the blue ray dvds and it is actually just like a hollywood movie, so fun to watch and it documents your whole day and you can select the scenes:) You should definitely snatch LA Color for your wedding day if they are not already taken, they will document your day and exceed your expectations!:)

Lighting package was great too, definitely get this. We had purple lighting throughout ballroom and it made a huge difference. We also got Star lights on our dancefloor:) BEAUTIFUL! Made pics and video look great too!

Thanks again LA Color! You are the best!
    Sheila 10.10.10

Sent on 11/25/2011

Polly · Married on 10/09/2010

Taky's team did a great job in my LA reception! Just like the company name, they added color to my reception~ It was fun. They provided professional videography services. Taky has a great sense of humor, which helped to bring up the atmosphere. Everyone enjoyed the reception!

Taky is flexible, and he is more than happy to travel to SF Bay Area if needed to.

Highly recommended.

Sent on 02/23/2012

Karina and Samir · Married on 07/11/2010

we love sam and taky~! ( :

sam and taky, along with their crew, were very professional and worked great with each other. i would highly recommend them~! la color did the photography and videography for our wedding, we also got their photo-booth and led lighting packages. everything turned out great~! ( :

taky was the videographer at 2 of my friends' wedding and i heard nothing but wonderful praises about him. when my fiancé finally met him, he knew right away that we wanted taky to be our videographer - we love his energetic, outgoing, friendly personality. ( : of course we love the work done by la color also. : P

we saw taky again a few months after our wedding, he was the videographer for my sister in law's henna party. all the guests, young and old, loved taky.

the money spent on la color was definitely worth every penny~! thank you la color for everything and surviving the 17 hour wedding~! ( :

Sent on 01/22/2011

Amy · Married on 06/05/2010

I found Taky on Yelp, after reading some good reviews and talking to him on the phone, I decided to hire him as my wedding photographer. He drove all the way from LA to San Diego at no extra cost, and his price is a lot more attractive than most other photographers.

On the day of the wedding, he arrived promptly and stayed from my makeup session to the end of the last dance. He is such a fun guy and the guests loved him, he had a way of finding the outgoing guests and made them do or say funny things.

The wedding video came out beautiful, he captured all the memorable moments and expressions, and the blooper section was hilarious! Love the video, thanks Taky! : )

Sent on 03/13/2011

Vincent · Married on 05/30/2010

LA Color is the complete package. We hired Taky and Sam for our wedding last year and they worked so well together. Our wedding day flowed smoothly and we couldn’t have asked for a better crew. The pictures and video are beautiful. We especially love the bloopers section on the DVD. We also purchased the lighting and photo booth from them as well. I highly recommend them.

Sent on 01/22/2012

Sally · Married on 05/15/2010

My friend recommended Taky to be our videographer and we liked him instantly. He was personable and very likable. My husband doesn't get comfortable with strangers easily but he took to Taky right away. He was very accessible during the months leading up to our wedding day and was prompt in replying to us after our wedding. On the day of our wedding, he and his assistant were on time and they even helped me with some of the decorations! They worked hard and many of my guests commented on how good he was in tracking them down to give us their dedications. The fact that he is bilingual is an added bonus as he can communicate with all of my guests. Taky is a very charismatic person and can appeal to everyone- from eight year old kids to eighty year old grandmas.

Tonight, my husband and I watched our wedding dvd for the first time and we could not be more pleased with the product. It was professional and entertaining. Seriously, who but we would want to watch our own wedding video? However, after watching it, I can safely say that those close to us will enjoy it heartily.

Sent on 05/24/2011

Karen · Married on 01/01/2010

My husband and I decided to have an intimate wedding ceremony which not gonna have reception. We were referred to Sam (chief photographer of LA color) and he sent us some of his work thru email after our first phone conversation. My husband and I love how natural his works are and the pictures are clean and crisp. So we decided to hire him for our 1 hour wedding ceremony photographer. We never meet him before our ceremony and never tell him what/how we want the photo to be. However, he was very accessible thru email or phone, which is something I really appreciate.
    On our wedding day, he showed up with at least 3 cameras and a suitcase of lenses!! After the ceremony, we still have some time, he taught us how to post and took pictures. After 2-3 days, we received our photo in DVD, i was SHOCKED!!! Sam did a SUPER job and we love every single pics he took, EVERY SINGLE ONE. We never expect the pics are so clean, crisp, perfect lighting..truly like artwork... even a small eye contact was captured. He took over 400 pics in 1 hour!! AMAZING!! Some posture he asked us to act, we didn't get it back then, but now, I know why. By looking at the pictures, we felt like we just had the wedding ceremony again...and again...and again... just vividly... I can't stop looking at my wedding photo and very happy that I chose LA color.

Thank you Sam, for preserving our special moments through his excellent & outrageous skill.

Sent on 01/06/2010

Abe · Married on 10/30/2009

Taky (from LA Color) was the first person that we met to do our wedding videography.
    At the beginning, we weren't sure what to expect until we saw his previous works.
    We immediately notice that he's very talented in engaging people (a total plus for him)
    to talk/act in front of a videocamera; and he's also very creative in creating the
    video montage. Taky did an excellent video montage for us, a special dedication to
    our parents. We just love how it turned out; and the guests seems to enjoy it as well.
    He's also very responsive in answering all of our questions. Many good
    suggestion/feedback based on his past experiences were given to us as a guide;
    he knew what would work or wouldn't work. We have made the right choice with
    Taky. We're totally happy with his works:) Two thumbs up.

Sent on 11/22/2009

Sophia · Married on 10/10/2009

We received our wedding video and we watched it last night. We are just simply fall in love with it. The ceremony video and bonus videos are all perfect. We were so lucky that found you to be our videographer. We were keep saying :"god, we were so lucky having you in our wedding, the video turns out to be awesome, our money was worth every penny!! Thank you so much for the time and efforts in the video editing. You are the best! Go LA Color!!!

Sent on 04/29/2010
  • F

Fonda · Married on 01/25/2009

We went with Taky from LA Color for our wedding videography. Even without meeting him, we were already impressed by his work posted online. When we met with him and saw his sample work - we knew we'd be going with him. We have checked out a lot of other videographers but Taky's work definitely stands out. He is very creative - from just the DVD cover itself to the numerous chapters he includes. He incorporates "bloopers" section, dedication which are soooo crucial to the completion of the night. His quality of work is very intricate and he goes out of his way to make it perfect.
    Taky definitely exceeded our expectations. He is very professional, fun to work with (all our guests loved him), responsible (gets back to you very quickly and never leaves you hanging). All the things that are so important in a stressful time around planning for the wedding. We couldn't have been happier with our choice.
    We would recommend Taky to anyone of our dearest friends...

Sent on 08/25/2009

Stella · Married on 09/27/2008

LA Color was used for my photography and Sam is the nicest person ever. Working with him is such a pleasure. His pictures are awesome and really capture the day/moment. He is really creative and had us pose in some really cute pictures. Till this day, I go back to the pictures he took and I am always amazed at such the great job he did. He is very responsive via email and calls back immediately. I highly highly highly recommend them! It is always great to work with someone who is so kind, patient, and does really awesome work! :)

Sent on 04/23/2009
  • weddingtsai

Anthony · Married on 06/22/2008

Taky and his team are very professional, they shows up on time and tries very hard to catch all the best moment of your wedding, We loved his HD DVD design.
    trust me, if you think video is not important for your wedding, then you are wrong, check out his work and you will know, it is all worth it.

thanks Taky.

Sent on 01/13/2009

M · Married on 06/09/2012

Our 1 year wedding anniversary is next week and I've finally found the opportunity to praise the work of LA Color. My husband was the one that found LA Color through his research and booked Taky immediately via email. Based on viewing his work through various sites and reviews, my husband was excited to share the great news of finding a videographer. I was a little nervous initially, since we did not have a chance to meet in person prior. We are super thrilled with the results!

Taky and his team were professional and very engaged in our event. We received several compliments from our guests on Taky’s great sense of humor, which definitely contributed to the final result of the moments captured. Our wedding movie included a wonderful medley of moments that put smiles on our faces when we watched it for the first time. We even had the opportunity to include photos from through the years of our relationship, which was a sentimental representation of our commitment.

To our surprise, we received a dozen DVD copies of our wedding, which shows the great value you receive in LA Color’s services.

We definitely recommend hiring Taky as your videographer, because during any wedding it’s very difficult to enjoy time with all of your guests and this is a great way to capture moments to remember.

Sent on 05/30/2013

LA Color provided excellent service and a video package that was top-notch. Couldn't be more pleased. The quality was amazing, in both the blu-ray and dvd versions. The best part was all the effort Taky took to make the video perfect. LA Color does not just provide you with one video from a single camera on a tripod. Instead, they use professional editing with multiple camera shots, so that your video ends up looking like the most professional thing you ever saw. The bonus features are wonderful too...where they provide a highlights reel, a still album, and even a blooper section! I never expected such a fun video, and we end up watching it over and over again. We are extremely glad we chose LA Color

Sent on 10/15/2012

Vivian · Married on 01/23/2010

We used LA Color for our Photography and Videography service. Both Sam & Taky are very professional and we are very impressed with their service and the quality. Sam is very very responsive and we got our photo DVDs less than 2 weeks after our wedding. The video is best for the money and we enjoyed every moment of it. Especially the blooper section... it was very funny and he captures all the fun during the wedding...

LA Color is one of the best vendors we used for our wedding. We highly recommend to anyone considering video & photo services.

Sent on 08/30/2010

Regina · Married on 09/26/2009

Taky is a very funny and professional person. Very easy to work with and I think I pick the best choice for my wedding videographer.

Sent on 03/17/2010
  • W

Wyman · Married on 05/30/2009

My wife and I did not plan on hiring videographers for our wedding. Originally, we might just ask one of our friends to do video recording during the big day.
    Since we have many relatives and friends in our home town could not join our wedding in LA, we decided to re-considerate to hire videographers.
    Also, many friends of mine strongly recommended us to hire videographers instead of asking friends' favor, since editing video was an annoying task. Also, there was a high risk that we would never get back the edited video not even the unedited one.
    Finally, we decided to spend money on hiring videographer.

After we were asking our married friends where we find a videographer, quite a lot of our friends hired LA color as their videographer and photographer in the past coincidently.

Turned out I scheduled an appointment with Taky from LA color in Pasadena to see the demo.

He showed me several demos and service plans.

I can see that Taky treated this job that is not just working but also enjoying the art. If you took his service, pretty much you could find some extra/bonus in the product. Very great and nice surprise!
    They are also continuously improving their equipments following the technologies right away.
    He also shared his experience of recording video in wedding ceremonies. I could see that he had a lot of experience in many different places, situation, setting, ......... . He also reminded us so many things regarding the wedding.
    He and his team are very professional.

From the video, we found that Taky put a lot of extra effort to record so many extra that was outside the wedding ceremony but related the wedding day. He was talking to the guests and record many funny things during the conversation on the wedding day. We never thought that we could see/know that, but Taky and his team made this happened. Thank you, Taky and LA Color!

We are strongly recommended LA Color!

Sent on 10/19/2012

A close friend of mine recommended Taky of LA Color for videography. Initially I was nervous as I wasn’t his traditional client (eastern Asian), but when I saw some samples of his product, and the enthusiasm with which he showed them to me, I knew the choice was made. Taky puts SO much into the final product. Whether its amazing bloopers that keeps you laughing from beginning to end, or dedications, or highlights. He even edits the full length film and puts in all the necessary chapter breaks/skips to be able to navigate it with ease. In addition to quantity, he gives you the ultimate quality. They manage to not only get the key moments between the couple, but all the incredible dance moves and fun expressions of the guests as well. I cannot say enough about all the incredible additional things Taky brings as a videographer, whether it is jumping in the middle of the dance floor to get the best shot, to making a compilation of our proposal and our honeymoon pictures. He literally does each video as a project of passion and it comes shining through with the end product. We absolutely love our DVD/Blu-Ray set, whose production from literally its cover to all the menus is flawless! Since the product, Taky has gone out of his way to provide us with all the relevant online clips just so we can share the files electronically too. I absolutely recommend Taky and the LA Color Team! My only caution is to warn your guests about Taky and that he make poke them for some funny bloopers!!! The guests that got into it had such fun, some of the other guests were caught off guard initially. We also had a delay in getting the final product ( its 6 months after the wedding date) though in Taky’s defense he had a sudden illness. Also, there is so much more included than any other videographer, that it makes sense it takes longer. Taky was able to capture the essence of one of the most special days of our lives, so that we can enjoy it for the rest of our lives!!

Sent on 12/15/2014

Victor · Married on 02/05/2011

My wife's uncle recommended LA Color when we were seeking videography & photography services for our wedding. After a few brief chats, we felt very comfortable having Taky as our videographer & he had arranged to have Sam to join him as our photographer.

Taky, Sam & the crew are very professional. They have great ideas & were very helpful from identifying shooting locations, suggesting poses to managing our large crowd throughout our event. The team was very flexible & brought plenty of laughters to our family & guests.

The photo CDs & video DVDs were delivered timely with creative editing & many features. We were surprised to find the greetings from our family & guests in the bonus videos, which were captured while we were being photographed by Sam & his crew.

We highly recommended LA Color for their services. Thanks for the sweet memories!

Sent on 02/24/2012