58 Reviews for LA Color

Albums (1)
Prints (1)
58 LA Color Reviews

LA Color and Taki did an excellent job with our wedding videos. We are still enjoying all the different clips. Your use of multiple cameras and seamless editing was top notch. Very high quality filming and post-production. Thank you so very much. We are very happy with you capturing our special day for us. I would recommend their service to anyone!

Profile Picture Shaun, 6/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

Our photo booth was a total hit at the wedding, and the photos were excellent quality! You didn't have to wait an eternity for them to be printed out, and the printer provided 2 copies of each photo booth session. They provided an album for guests to paste copies of their photos on, and we had a blast looking at them the next day. Their photo booth is highly recommended by us!

Profile Picture alicia, 12/12/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Prints

LA Color is a very great team. We hired Taky as our videographer for wedding day. Taky and his crew are very professional and detailed, they got enough preparation and almost covered everything on that day. Taky has very good and positive personality, and put many fun ideas in video. Especially, we also ordered same day edit video on wedding day, Taky also did a very good job on it, the SDE video gave our guests a big suprise. We all love it! LA Color is highly recommended.

Profile Picture Suki, 10/18/15, 1 Review
Category: Videography

This is a long overdue review but Taky and his crew really were phenomenal. They were early to all locations and coordinate well with other vendors. Taky is fluent in Cantonese and knows all the Chinese traditions which came in handy because he knew exactly what was going to happen and was able to get the best angle when shooting. He will also help guide you if you are unfamiliar with any of the traditions.

I watched my video and to this day it still puts a smile on my face and a few giggles when I watch the bloopers. I highly recommend booking LA Color.

Profile Picture Tina, 11/22/14, 1 Review
Category: Videography

After seeing the great job he did with our friends' wedding before, my wife and I had the privilege of working with Taky and his team for our wedding. We are very happy with how everything turned out. From the planning before the wedding, through the wedding day itself, and all the post production work after, everything was very impressive. I especially appreciate how Taky styles the videos to match each couple's tastes (i.e. Classy, funny, cute, etc). Thank you!

Profile Picture User6080595, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Videography

A close friend of mine recommended Taky of LA Color for videography. Initially I was nervous as I wasn’t his traditional client (eastern Asian), but when I saw some samples of his product, and the enthusiasm with which he showed them to me, I knew the choice was made. Taky puts SO much into the final product. Whether its amazing bloopers that keeps you laughing from beginning to end, or dedications, or highlights. He even edits the full length film and puts in all the necessary chapter breaks/skips to be able to navigate it with ease. In addition to quantity, he gives you the ultimate quality. They manage to not only get the key moments between the couple, but all the incredible dance moves and fun expressions of the guests as well. I cannot say enough about all the incredible additional things Taky brings as a videographer, whether it is jumping in the middle of the dance floor to get the best shot, to making a compilation of our proposal and our honeymoon pictures. He literally does each video as a project of passion and it comes shining through with the end product. We absolutely love our DVD/Blu-Ray set, whose production from literally its cover to all the menus is flawless! Since the product, Taky has gone out of his way to provide us with all the relevant online clips just so we can share the files electronically too. I absolutely recommend Taky and the LA Color Team! My only caution is to warn your guests about Taky and that he make poke them for some funny bloopers!!! The guests that got into it had such fun, some of the other guests were caught off guard initially. We also had a delay in getting the final product ( its 6 months after the wedding date) though in Taky’s defense he had a sudden illness. Also, there is so much more included than any other videographer, that it makes sense it takes longer. Taky was able to capture the essence of one of the most special days of our lives, so that we can enjoy it for the rest of our lives!!

Profile Picture User4610050, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Videography

Sam from LA Color made our day simply spectacular and I don't believe we would have had such a wedding without them.
After reading a bunch of positive reviews, we went ahead and ordered the photo classic package. I was little worried at first because I thought we may be the unlucky ones and get unsatisfactory service but that was just me being a paranoid bride-to-be! After having a little chat with Sam, I felt reassured that this was going to be a fantastic event and we even went on to hire the photobooth too.

Sam was extremely polite, sociable and professional. He knew how to work the crowd and was able to control a big group. He was very creative with his shots and they came out really well in the end. We needed a little retouching on a few photos and he was a pro at that too. We had over 1,000 high resolution pictures to choose from.

The photobooth was star of the show! The kids loved it and so did we. You get a preview of the pose before it takes the picture, which was cool. You also get to choose between a color or black & white photo. I was expecting photobooth pictures to not be anything special but it produced high quality photos. The booth was stylish too and blended in with our theme.

Overall, the day was made less stressful thanks to Sam and his team. I would certainly recommend them to family & friends. Very professional. Thanks guys!

Profile Picture Susan, 4/26/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I am so glad that my husband and I hired Sam and Taky to do our wedding photography and videography (April 2014).

We had Sam take our engagement photos (March 2014). He is really understanding and easy to work with and did a wonderful job recommending beautiful settings and poses to make sure we had amazing and memorable pictures.

They didn't just record the events of our wedding day; they participated and captured lot of amazing moments that we will never forget. They engaged with our guests and made the event special for everyone. It added that little something extra that made our day even more magical. Sam, Taky and their team made everything go smoothly and no details were missed. Their team was sharp, professional and friendly.

We had Taky do a same-day-edit and it was a real hit at the banquet. He did an amazing job directing and telling the story of our wedding.

We are so happy we had Taky and Sam record our wedding and we highly recommend LA Color for wedding photography and videography.

Profile Picture Kelly, 4/5/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography

Let me just begin this review by saying LA color is simply amazing!

We started working with Taky 3-month before our wedding, b/c we wanted to create a cute little clip to tell our love story at our wedding. Some of our guests are our parents' friends, so they don't necessarily know me and my husband that well. I showed Taky an only clip I liked and had a few ideas myself, but had no idea how to execute them at all. Taky was so patient listening to my ideas and brainstorming with us. My husband and I obviously are not professional actors, so I was worried that the clip would come out to be super awkward. However, Taky's easygoing personality and sense of humor made the filming process very fun and easy. We were laughing the whole time while we filmed, and were even able to incorporate our dog in our video which really meant a lot to us! The final product definitely exceeded my expectation and it was a huge hit at our wedding!

On our wedding day, the whole team (3 photographers and 2 videographers) showed up earlier than their appointment time to capture our makeup session and wedding prep. That was such a nice gesture and I was not expecting it at all. Taky and Sam, having been through countless weddings before, have their unique eyes and ways in capturing the spirit of the wedding. They simply get it and show sincere appreciation of the amount of work the bride puts into the wedding, so they captured an incredible amount of details that otherwise would have been missed. My wedding was a Chinese/American fusion wedding and I love every single moment they captured for me during the tea ceremony. Not to mention the same day edit was the highlight of the wedding without a doubt.

Like most brides, I was very conscious about our budget, but let me just say every single dollar we pay for the service provided by LA color is well worth its value and much more. It has been the best decision I made for my wedding, apart from marrying my husband on that day. =P

Profile Picture Michelle, 2/16/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography

I came across LA Color through a friend on facebook. Upon having the first meeting with Taky and Sam, I wanted to hire them. I love their high energy and sense of humor. I could not be more happier with my choice on this team. I chose them for video, photography, and photobooth. Their whole team did an excellent job on capturing the special moments of my special day. Taky did an excellent job on our same day edit video. It was a special surprised that was unforgettable! Thank you for that Taky! It made our wedding day even more special.

Profile Picture Linda, 10/26/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Videography

I just had my wedding about a month ago & I am really glad I chose Taky & his team for the video,photo & lighting services. At first I was debating if I want to have a videographer but it's totally worth it. It helped capture every single moment throughout that day, which I would not have caught without it being filmed..It was a pretty demanding day for a bride, with back to back events with barely even enough time to drink water :)

What I absolutely love about it was the 'same day edit' . It was super impressive for Taky & his team to create a short video from the events that day ,presented during reception for us to view.The ' at the moment' feel was captured beautifully marking a deep memory for my husband and I.

They did an amazing job on the lighting as well, making the whole ambiance feels so romantic & intimate. A plus is that they provide photo booth services at a flat rate if you get their lighting services.

What I admired about everyone on his team was they are so dedicated & easy to work with.Thanks to Sam & team ,our main photograher as well in taking so much thought & patience to capture 'moments of magic'.

I would highly recommend LA Color for every future brides to be!!!!

Profile Picture Sally, 10/6/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography

First of all my wife and I wish we could have given La color more than jus 5 stars.  They truly deserve so much more. We remember searching for a videographer to shoot for our wedding so we looked up wedding wire and came across so many vendors to choose from.  So we listed down the names and la color was one of the top choices on our list.  I remember calling and speaking to Taky for the first time he was working in Hawaii.  I could remember his voice so energetic after already working 12 hour. That's a good sign for anyone looking for videographer. When we schedule an appointment to meet for the first time Taky was very easy to talk To. when He showed us the video at that moment we already knew he's the one for us. So we hired Taky to be are guy and he definitely did not let us down.  Everything was jus so perfect on sep 22 2013.  We love the lighting, slide show gobo lightings and much more, what we didn't expected was Taky surprise us with the "same day edit" highlights of the entire day.  That was a surprise gift from him.  We felt so touch because we know how much work he put in. He capture every moment and when i say everything i mean everything, he recorded my wife and i funny reaction when watching the surprise "same day edit" omg so funny how we looked he's a smooth operator hehe. Everyone enjoyed the video and had a great time. Family and friends love our wedding due to the help of LA COLOR!

Profile Picture Tammy, 9/22/13, 1 Review
Category: Videography

We hired Taky and his crew because of the recommendation from several friends. They all used him for their wedding and highly recommended him. I remember I went to visit him in the office and he went through the details with my professionally. He explained everything and addressed any questions we had. You won't feel intimidated or pressured into getting additional services, which happens in some other ones. He also asked for a list of the schedule in advance and worked with our coordinator closely. On the day of the wedding, his crew arrived early and checked out the venue. The best thing is that Taky has a very fun personality. He mixed in with the guests well and made them comfortable to do some funny things for the video. He also provided constant updates regarding the delivery of the finished product, which is important to us. The finished product is very professional and we love it! In addition, he provided a lot of nice bonus features that other companies would probably charge you extra. We enjoyed working with him and will definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a videographer.

Profile Picture Jonathan, 7/20/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Videography

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE TAKY AND LA COLOR!!! Taky did such a great job on our wedding video that I literally can't stop watching the highlights on my phone! It's like re-living my special day all over again. My husband makes fun of me because on average I watch it about 10 times/day. At first we were hesitant to hire a videographer but as soon as we met with Taky, he made us feel at ease. He sure didn't disappoint and we are so glad we did. We (as well as our guests) loved Taky's energy, humor, and creativity. Taky captured every special moment perfectly and was very professional from beginning to end. He is very organized, dedicated, and communicates well with his clients. I don't write that many reviews but we were so happy with his work that I made it a point to (considering I also found LA Color on Yelp).

THANK YOU TAKY FOR EVERYTHING! :)

Profile Picture User2677582, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Videography

Choosing Taky as my videographer was one of the best decisions I made for my wedding. Taky is very professional, personable and sociable, which makes a great videographer. He captured all the special moments of my special day. I loved the different categories he added to my video. Every moment from beginning to end was captured. As I watch my video I feel like I am re-living my wedding again.

Thank you Taky for everything. A special thanks for capturing my parents and their dedication. That means the most to me.

You won't be disappointed if you get Taky to film your wedding. He is in constant contact with you from when you book him and even after you get your video. He also gives so much more that he offers. He's so kind and generous with his talent and work. You won't be disappointed.

Great job LA Color!

Profile Picture Helen, 5/25/13, 1 Review
Category: Videography

We got married last November. We were referred by our friend about L.A. Color. Hiring the dynamic duo (Taky and Sam) was one of the better choices we made for our wedding.

They were very helpful, and always promptly answered our questions. Both of them were very professional and willing to work with us on various options and packages.

They worked from the beginning til the very end. Unfortunately all the wedding party didn't all show up on time, so Sam made extra efforts to stay a bit later to make sure we have more than enough pictures to select from for our album. Taky was funny and entertained our guests. The video editing was superb, and Taky was able to marry the pictures and video well. And the finished product is well worth our lifetime viewing pleasure.

We will definitely see them at our friends' weddings later this year. We strongly recommend LA Color.

Profile Picture Henry, 11/11/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

First of all, LA color is FANTASTIC!!! I got married earlier this month, and I hired LA color for their videographer, photographer, lighting, and photobooth. When I first met Taky, I knew I had to have him for my photographer! He is full of positive energy, super social, and easy to talk to. When he showed me some of his work, I saw right away that Taky is super detail oriented. That's when I knew I had to hire him for my videographer. I also saw Sam's work, and loved it, so I also decided to hire Sam for my photographer. Then, I looked at their lighting and photo booth, and got those services from them also. Best decision I made for my wedding! On my wedding day, I was more than happy with their performances. Taky made it so much fun for everyone, and at the reception when he played the same day edit video, it was so AMAZING...No words can express how special it was. We watched the same edit video every day while we were on our honeymoon and humming the music from the video all day long. Taky is the best of the best! No doubt about it. Sam made the photo shoot session between the ceremony and reception so much fun! I can't wait to see the final products! I had a couple of friends asking me for their contact information the day after the wedding. Thank you so much, LA Color, for making our wedding so much more special!

Profile Picture Linh, 11/3/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor, Photography, Videography

Sam and Taky (Photo and Video respectively) were both absolutely phenomenal. I don't remember seeing them for almost the entire wedding, but when the albums and video came I discovered they had been there for every moment and some I hadn't even thought of. Everyone has been thrilled with the quality, and I am beyond pleased that it was all put together so professionally and beautifully.

Profile Picture Lara, 10/27/12, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography

LA Color is amazing!! We absolutely love our photos and dvds. Our guests had such a marvelous time playing with the photobooth at our wedding. Everyone was amazed at the crew's professionalism.

We loved the Bloopers segment in our dvd. There were so many moments that we had forgotten about until we re-watched the dvd and we're so happy that Taky was there to catch it all for us. He even went above and beyond by placing in a special Easter Egg just for us. =D

Sam and his crew were so creative with their photography. They really like taking candid photos and thanks to them, we have so many funny photos of our families and friends! They really captured the spirit and emotions of the day to a T. Smiles, laughter, joy, happiness...that is what we feel and remember whenever we look through our gorgeous photo album.

THANKS FOR ALL THE MEMORIES, LA COLOR!!!

Profile Picture Lisa, 10/20/12, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Photography, Videography

I worked directly with Taky and he was always very professional and responsive. As a bride dealing with so many different vendors, I always appreciated his honesty and flexibility. On top of that, he and his team did a wonderful job on the lighting at my wedding. They transformed an otherwise plain ballroom into an absolutely beautiful reception hall. I would definitely recommend them!!

Profile Picture User2710795, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor

September 1, 2012 was a magical day and Sam and Taky from LA Color deserve all the credit in this world.
My parents investigated and interviewed several photographers and videographers in preparation for my wedding and their decision was flawless. Sam photographed us for our engagement session and we received infinite complements from our friends and family with the final collection.
On our wedding day, Sam and Taky, together with the team, delivered everything they promised, and more. Toward the end of the evening, Taky surprised us with a beautiful same day edit (he skipped dinner!) that brought waves of emotion to all as we relived the glory of that day. It was a generous gesture that highlighted LA Color's mantra of professionalism, service and grace.
I offer my highest recommendation for LA Color and am infinitely grateful to them for sharing in our wedding celebration.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 9/1/12, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography

The photobooth was super nice. The quality of the pictures were clean and clear. All my guests love the photobooth. LA Color provided props and the prints came out great. I've seen many print qualities from other photobooth vendors and this is by far the best one. The size of the picture is decent size, not super small where you cannot distinguish peoples' faces. The lighting were great. It totally set the mood for the reception. The entire ballroom looked really nice. You can visit their website for pictures of their lighting samples. We had a custom GOBO and Taky did an excellent job on it. I showed him some samples of what I wanted and he created his own version of our customized GOBO. I loved it. You can see an example on their blog. It was great projected on the wall!

As for the video, Taky did an amazing job with editing and putting everything together. He didn't waste a single part of the dvd, he asked for slideshows, engagement pictures, etc. I just love how I can take out the dvd and watch it and it has everything! My favorite feature about the dvd is the highlight (great editing), the photo session (this was amazing, i love how he worked with Sam - the photographer of LA Color and came up with this session, it is just so cool. i can't explain it in words you have to watch a sample from them!), dedications (i love how he asked my closes friends and families to say a few good things to us, the married couple, it was definitely a nice touch), and the bloopers (it is really funny!).

Taky and his team were on time and were there with me for the whole duration that our contract was signed for. I highly recommend Taky for videographer - he's quick thinking, easy going, friendly, funny, efficient and talented., AND most of all VERY responsive! definitely a HUGE plus when you're wedding planning! You will not regret hiring Taky -- trust me!

Profile Picture cherie, 7/21/12, 10 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor, Photography, Videography

Our 1 year wedding anniversary is next week and I've finally found the opportunity to praise the work of LA Color. My husband was the one that found LA Color through his research and booked Taky immediately via email. Based on viewing his work through various sites and reviews, my husband was excited to share the great news of finding a videographer. I was a little nervous initially, since we did not have a chance to meet in person prior. We are super thrilled with the results!

Taky and his team were professional and very engaged in our event. We received several compliments from our guests on Taky’s great sense of humor, which definitely contributed to the final result of the moments captured. Our wedding movie included a wonderful medley of moments that put smiles on our faces when we watched it for the first time. We even had the opportunity to include photos from through the years of our relationship, which was a sentimental representation of our commitment.

To our surprise, we received a dozen DVD copies of our wedding, which shows the great value you receive in LA Color’s services.

We definitely recommend hiring Taky as your videographer, because during any wedding it’s very difficult to enjoy time with all of your guests and this is a great way to capture moments to remember.

Profile Picture M, 6/9/12, 4 Reviews
Category: Videography

I really cannot say enough good things about LA Color and how awesome everything turned out. In short, amazing video of our wedding... it has just made our day so much more special. I have already recommended all my engaged friends to him.

Our wedding was in June 2012. Taky was our videographer. He was super sweet and nice to everyone and he really really took the time to take video of every details in the wedding with high quality footage. The bonus was he interviewed almost everyone, seriously, in our wedding. This way even though we didn't get to talk with everyone, we got to see them again and listen to their wishes in the video.

Our video captured all the precious moments of our special day in such a professional and well-made video... he was indeed the most worthwhile and very reasonably priced vendor we had in our wedding. Watching the video had allowed us to relive our wedding day, which is something that you can hold onto for the rest of our lives together... and our friends that watched the video told us it was so touching and sweet that it made them cry... From the video and all the extra bonus that Taky gave us, we can tell he really was passionate about what he does and just love making married couples happy. We are so grateful to have met him and used his service.

Thank you so much again Taky!!! You are the best :)

Profile Picture Kristine, 6/2/12, 1 Review
Category: Videography

We got married in May 2012, but resisted writing this review until we received the final product and had time to peruse over the content. Note that most of the delay was probably our fault -- we did not get everything Taky asked until about early December, and received the final products in early March (which, of course, we loved).

We were referred to Taky by our wedding coordinator, Phyllis. In total we approached three videographers for wedding videography, and we were initially impressed with the details that Taky went into answering our questions in emails. During our wedding planning process It was amazing how difficult it is to get people to answer a bullet-pointed list of question point by point. Taky did just that and then some -- it was educational to correspond with Taky on emails.

Of course, on the wedding day Taky was wonderful. He was funny, easy to work with, and went beyond just his duty as a videographer by giving occasional suggestions about what we can do to entertain the guests. His interaction with the guests to prepare the blooper section of the video was also particularly important for us. In a way, we're not just paying for a person to record the event of the day, but also to provide another aspect of the wedding festivities that the guests can also enjoy.

After the wedding day in the US, we were able to get Taky to make the coming-soon video and photo session slideshow to play in our receptions in Taiwan and HK. The final product we got also features bilingual menu options and dual sound-tracks (often with a Chinese song of our choosing), so that we can easily share our DVD/blurays with our relatives overseas.

All in all we were impressed with Taky and would highly recommend him. It felt a bit expensive when we were doing our initial searches but in the end it was definitely worth the money. The concept that in wedding videography you are paying more for a shorter clip could seem odd initially, but I think you will like the fi

Profile Picture Vivian , 5/26/12, 3 Reviews