La Bella And The Beat Reviews

41 | Dover, NH

41 Reviews for La Bella And The Beat

• Jo-Anna

Jo-Anna K. · Married on 03/10/2021

Best decision we ever made!

All we can say is that Jay made our wedding planning process unbelievably easy and fun. Our first conversation was so easy and felt like we were talking to a good friend. He understood our intimate smaller wedding and made the planning and process so fun and easy. The music was perfect and there was never a doubt that he would make our day unbelievably special and magical which it was. He's so professional and you won't be disappointed. Jay will make your process and wedding better than you could have ever imagined!!!

Sent on 11/01/2019
  • Elena

Elena A. · Married on 12/08/2020

The right DJ for our wedding!

We made the right decision choosing Jay of La Bella and the Beat to be the DJ at our wedding reception. We had a lot of moving parts and special, out of the ordinary components to our reception that required Jay's attention and key music selections. Jay nailed every mark and went above and beyond to ensure the evening was fun and just the way we wanted it. From the very beginning of planning to the big day, Jay was professional, fun, and really cared about making our wedding day special. We are so thankful for his presence and service at our wedding and would recommend him with confidence to anyone in need of a DJ for a special event.

Sent on 10/03/2019

Marlee S. · Married on 07/10/2020

Best DJ Ever

I cannot even being to put into words how amazing it was to work with Jay and La Bella and The Beat. From our initial phone call, 10PM on the Friday before Christmas, Jay answered all of our questions +some we hadn’t even thought of yet! He sent surveys and questionaries, really trying to get a sense of who me and my husband are as a couple, and what we envisioned our wedding to be. Jay met myself and our wedding team at the event space a couple weeks before the wedding and really laid everything out for us. We had family members play a few songs as we walked down the aisle and Jay was able to provide them with all the equipment they needed to play their pieces beautifully. My husband and I are from two different worlds, culture and music wise, me being from the US and my husbands family being from Turkey. Jay did an AMAZING job bringing in fun Turkish music into our night and keeping our 300+ guests dancing all night long. His tastes for music is impeccable and really caters to all generations, the dance floor was absolutely PACKED. I could write about Jay forever, but I suggest just booking him for your big day to experience his magic yourself! Thank you Jay for such an amazing night that we will truly never forget. P.S. We did not have a videographer and Jay surprised my husband and me on our 1st year anniversary with an audio recording of our ceremony and vows. I cried. What DJ does this? JAY DOES!

Sent on 10/29/2020
  • Julia

Julia H. · Married on 10/18/2019

La Bella and the Beat kept us dancing!!

Jay was so great to work with! he really got our vibe and kept everyone dancing all night long! he kept everything organized and moving along during the wedding, and even double and triple checked our timeline leading up to the day of the wedding. Plus, he and his wife Susan (our photographer- Susan Donovan Photography) worked so well together and were just cool people!

Sent on 10/29/2019

Hannah W. · Married on 10/12/2019

Best wedding DJ

Jay was the most incredible person to work with for our wedding experience! His knowledge about this business as well as the many weddings he’s been apart of helped us tremendously in planning every detail that was needed. He worked so well with everything we requested; music was the biggest thing to me for our wedding and he 100% killed it with the songs! It’s always nice to hear from all of our guests how amazing our DJ was and that truly warms my heart knowing we went with the best in this biz. Thank you Jay for giving us an unbelievable experience for our wedding! I could talk all day about how great you were but would definitely recommend to anyone needing an amazing music experience for their big day!

Sent on 11/10/2019

Logan · Married on 10/05/2019

Hands down greatest dj!

Our wedding day would not have been the same without Jay! He made our day absolutely beautiful, listened to my needs/wants and didn’t question anything. All of my song selections were perfect and timing couldn’t have been better! From booking him back in March, he was very on top of every and very communicative with us! The ceremony was beautiful and I attribute at least 1/4 of that to Jay and his timing with the music! And the reception was exactly the party that we wanted, the music never stopped (he didn’t even eat, because he was too focused on playing music!). I had multiple people ask for his info for upcoming events! Definitely the DJ to hire if you’re looking to have the best day ever!

Sent on 11/07/2019

Emily H. · Married on 09/28/2019

Incredible!

Absolutely incredible!!! We couldn’t have asked for anyone better! Jay from the first time we met him we knew he was going to be perfect for our style! Every.single.song was perfect and flowed right into the next. Jay gets right into the music and you can tell he has a blast doing what he does!! So many of our guests reached out to us after to tell us how great he was. After the wedding my mother in law immediately booked him for an upcoming event. I highly highly recommend!!!!

Sent on 11/05/2019
  • Kelby

Kelby · Married on 09/21/2019

The Best DJ in New England!

Jay is one of the most personable and funny individuals I have met in a long time. He is easy to talk to and makes planning music for your wedding a walk in the park. He is extremely talented and knows exactly how to command an audience. The music he chose for our wedding was incredible! I can honestly say I don't think any of the guests or myself have ever danced so much in our lives! If you want a memorable night filled with excellent music; La Bella and The Beat is the way to go!

Sent on 10/17/2019
  • Christie

Christie · Married on 09/14/2019

La BEST Bella Beats

Jay is the best. He DJed our wedding and it was epic. He was very thoughtful with the whole process and created the perfect atmosphere for us. Neither my husband or I were too into the whole wedding planning scene and Jay was so helpful in the process of picking music etc. I didn't have time to go to the bathroom during the dancing because every song was so good you never wanted to leave the dance floor. Sadly the one time I made it to the bathroom, Tom was lifted by everyone to Boys Club. I'm glad pictures were taken. Basically, he rules and I'd do it all over again if I could!

Sent on 10/22/2019
  • Megan

Megan L. · Married on 09/07/2019

Jay is your man! Look no further

We couldn’t have asked for a better DJ than La Bella and the Beat for our wedding day! Jay was so easy to work with and he made it clear he wanted us to have the perfect day. From the first initial conversation to the very last, I had zero worries about the music for my wedding day. Moreover, he was very clear on pricing and there were no surprise fees or hiccups at all. He gave us a beautiful ceremony and he read the vibes of the crowd at the reception and had everyone dancing the whole night, and I mean the ENTIRE night. The energy level was high and so much fun. People kept coming up to me after saying they had never been to a wedding where the dance floor was completely packed the entire night. Our friends and family are still talking about how sore they are from dancing all night! It was a perfect! We highly recommend Jay for wedding receptions and ceremonies. If you want to have a great party, Jay is your guy! Honestly, look no further. A +++

Sent on 09/11/2019
  • Hayley

Hayley · Married on 08/31/2019

Awesome DJ!

Jay was great throughout the process. He was super flexible and extremely responsive, answering all our questions. Would use again!

Sent on 12/21/2019
  • Kim

Kim · Married on 08/03/2019

I highly recommend la bella and the beat

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND LA BELLA AND THE BEAT!!!! Wow... Jay is incredible at his job. My husband and I can not say enough wonderful things! He is professional, he knows EXACTLY what to do and when to do it! He is hard working and organized. He answers EVERY SINGLE QUESTION and helps you figure everything out by meeting up with you before the wedding! Jay comes to your rehearsal to make sure he is ready to go for the big day and OH MY GOSH does he put on a show... my legs are STILL killing me from all the dancing we did! All of my guest were up and dancing having a blast!!! Many of my guest have messaged me asking “who was your DJ; he was great!” He pays attention to who was on the dance floor and chose the music accordingly. And his passion shows when he’s doing his thing! He was smiling just as much as we were! Jay really became some one very special to my husband and I... you will forever be apart of our memories and wedding talk, and I’m pretty sure my parents are going to invite you to Christmas 😂😂😂 I can’t thank you enough for everything you did to make my dreams come true Jay. From the bottom of our hearts; thank you! You rock! Everyone loved you! Ps. His wife is a photographer!!!! Dream team! Please do yourself a favor and stop looking for another DJ and give Jay a call... I know he will make you as happy as he made us! Thank you for everything ❤️

Sent on 11/29/2019
  • Krista

Krista G. · Married on 07/13/2019

Simply the best

Jay was our DJ for our wedding and truly made the night absolutely perfect. We met with a couple other DJs(an instant NO) before we met Jay and felt a HUGE relief that we finally found somebody normal and legit. It was as if we had known Jay for years, he was so easy to talk to and down to earth. He made the planning process simple and easy. Our wedding was perfect and we would recommend Jay over and over again.

Sent on 10/31/2020

Sheera B. · Married on 07/05/2019

Awesome DJ & Pleasure to work with

We lucked out finding Jay. He was a pleasure to work with from day one and brought exactly the energy we wanted to our event. Jay was organized, giving us great guidance to think through our plans in advance, and flexible in adjusting to day-of timing as it happened. He knew more about our cultural traditions than we did, and helped us think through how to incorporate them in ways that would respect the history while being true to our personal values. We had a rustic outdoor venue with places for games, cocktails, and conversations in addition to the dance floor. He warned us in advance that it might be hard to keep folks dancing in that setting, but the dance floor was alive throughout the evening. A soft spoken and kind guy, Jay’s work speaks for itself. We highly recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ!

Sent on 07/14/2019
  • Kaci

Kaci P. · Married on 06/29/2019

Don’t look any further for a DJ!!!!

Our photographer recommended La Bella and The Beat and we knew Jay was the one the minute we met him through FaceTime. We talked for over an hour and it felt like we knew him forever.

Generally, my husband and I like the same genres of music. However, we each definitely have our own niche, guilty pleasures and we wanted both sides to show throughout the day. Jay 100% understood our vision and was completely on board with our music selection for the ceremony and reception. Jay was so professional and always available throughout the planning process. He was super helpful with selecting certain songs, i.e. he took the time to help my father and I narrow down our song when we were having a hard time picking one.

The one thing we wanted at our wedding was to have a lively dance floor and that's exactly what happened!! All of our guests danced the night away and people still today tell us how amazing Jay did with the music/dance floor. Our day was perfect and we truly believe Jay played a big part in it.

Sent on 09/24/2019

Brianna · Married on 06/15/2019

The best party!

Jay was absolutely amazing! He made sure everything was perfect- from the audio at our outdoor ceremony down to the late night party!! He was very responsive to messages and made sure our opinions were heard! He even traveled to us in a different state to meet in person before the big day! The guests raved about the music and the vibe of the night :)

Sent on 06/30/2019

Nina F. · Married on 10/27/2018

Delivered exactly what we wanted!

We recommend Jay La Bella 100%. There was a nor’easter storm on our wedding day and nothing went according to plan but Jay rolled with it and gave us the best night! I’m still getting comments from guests about how great the music was. Jay listened to everything we wanted, and went above and beyond our expectations for laid back romantic vibe during dinner and a mix of new and old dance songs to keep the dance floor crowded. The mood he set especially during cocktail hour and dinner was exactly what I had envisioned, and the dance floor was packed all evening. Jay set up multiple calls beforehand to review the reception timeline, make recommendations, and get to know our music preferences. We planned the whole wedding in just 3 months, and he was arguably our most organized vendor even on short notice, and an all around good guy.

Sent on 10/29/2018
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 10/26/2018

Jay rocked the Irish Invasion

"The best wedding we have ever been too", " DJ was awesome and catered to all ages", "DJ had everyone dancing, my legs are so sore".... These are the comments that Ryan and I have been receiving from our wedding guests. Jay was been unbelievable since day one. I contacted Jay last year to DJ our wedding. He had played at one of my friends weddings and I remember I had a blast. Jay was sooooo accomodating that him and his wife (who is also our photographer) drove to Maine to meet with Ryan and I to go over our idea for our dance party. He paid attention to detail and what we wanted and even gave us his own ideas. Jay stayed in communication with me throughout my planning process and was even awesome with dealing with my last minute brain! He even attended our rehearsal to check out the venue and to figure out where speakers should be placed etc.... Ryan and I are so blown away about how great Jay.
    I know as a couple you may be hesitant towards hiring Dj's because we have all been to those weddings where the Dj was boring!!! I was also hesitant because I am use to attending wedding in Ireland. In Ireland weddings go till 2 in the morning and the DJ rocks the floor till that time. I also had to find a DJ that would show my family coming over from Ireland a great time. With Jay he will not disappoint, he listens to you and he works damn hard to piece everything together and make sure it goes perfect! you will not be disappointed. My family loved him so much that he now is now been converted into an Irish man haha. Ryan and I could ramble on and on about how great he was but trust me when I say hire him he will not fail you!

Sent on 11/03/2018
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 10/13/2018

❤❤❤ - WONDERFUL

Jay is such an amazing person! We instantly felt comfortable upon meeting him. He was so easy to work with and totally got the vibe we wanted at our wedding. People could not stop raving about the music. Everyone was on the dancefloor all night! We love Jay!!

Sent on 10/31/2018

Sarah S. · Married on 10/06/2018

Excellent!

Jay killed it! Great play list and wonderful to work with. He kept the energy flowing and ensured everyone had an incredible time!

Sent on 11/01/2018
  • Graham

Graham J. · Married on 09/30/2018

Jay was a BEAST of a DJ for us, and met ALL our needs

Jay was absolutely great to work with. He made us feel super comfortable through the entire process, and worked with us and all of our unique and crazy requests. He never made us feel like we were asking too much. When we had weird requests he was gung ho about them, when we had weird names to announce he made sure he understood how to pronounce them. He was a wealth of musical insight and wedding insight, and helped us see problems and address them when we had no idea that they could even be something to consider. He was exceptional, super to work with, and an all around great guy. Thanks again Jay, we cannot recommend you enough!

Sent on 11/20/2018

Elizabeth B. · Married on 09/08/2018

Wedding DJ

I HIGHLY recommend Jay for your wedding! From the very beginning he made everything so stress free and easy. I can’t even start to name the endless things he did to make our day perfect but here’s a few: he came all the way from NH to Winthrop, MA to meet us for lunch to go over the entire day, called and emailed us a million times, made our last minute wedding rehearsal painless, and made our wedding the best night of our lives. I danced all night along with everyone else! My (now) husband hardly ever dances and he was dancing that night!

I had a specific playlist that I curated over the years that I wanted him to play during cocktails and dinner, and he sprinkled a little bit of his own music into there as well and it was perfect! He also played songs we requested ahead of time dedicated to our loved ones who are no longer with us and it made everything so sweet.

I cannot recommend Jay enough to anyone who is looking for a wedding DJ who is funny, laid back, but will also plan your day for you if you don’t have a wedding planner. Everyone said that he was the best of the best and are still talking about him two months later! Thank you Jay, and I’m so proud to call you a friend!

Liz and Sean Bryant

Sent on 10/23/2018

Abigail · Married on 08/26/2018

BEST WEDDING DJ EVER. Not only did Jay from La Bella and the Beat play the exact music we requested (may I say we were SO specific and he got it done perfectly) but also was extremely responsive and helpful when preparing for the big day. Working with Jay is stress free and a ton of fun! He will cater to all your needs and wants for your wedding. After the wedding, I had multiple guests say that it was the most fun wedding they had ever attended and I seriously give Jay credit for that. Because my wedding was planned in a short period of time, we were truly grateful that we had Jay to organize all of our music and essentially help us set the schedule for the night! Some of us even lost our voices we sang so loudly to his awesome mix of music that he blended in with our specific requests. I would highly recommend La Bella and the Beat to anyone who wants to have THE MOST fun at their wedding! Thank you Jay! You Rock!

Sent on 09/21/2018

Joe · Married on 08/18/2018

Our daughter's wedding was a summer garden wedding and Jay was extremely helpful during the planning. Jay listened to our daughter and gave her just what she asked for. He added songs to her play list that complemented her selection and also selected the most beautiful back ground music played during the cocktail hour and dinner. I highly recommend Jay!

Sent on 09/19/2018

La Bella And The Beat's reply:

Thanks so much, Joe! It was a pleasure to work with you guys! I'm so happy that Susan and I were able to be a part of Emmaly and Charlie's special day. It truly was a gorgeous garden wedding!

Liz · Married on 08/10/2018

Jay was such an incredible DJ! He made our 8/10/18 wedding go so smoothly. He had everybody out on the dance floor and played a great variety of music. He did a great job of mixing music together and transitioning songs in and out seamlessly. I had a rather tricky song to time the bridal party walking down the aisle and Jay made it work absolutely perfectly. On top of that, Jay is such a nice guy. He was easy to work with, was open to suggestions, was timely, made the whole process easy, and was so easy to talk to. A lot of DJ companies I looked at prior to Jay seemed 'cheesy' or 'commercial' and Jay was absolutely authentic and professional. I cannot recommend him enough!

Sent on 08/26/2018