159 Reviews for La Barcaza Wedding And Event Boat

Dance Floor (1)
Decor (1)
Furniture (1)
Lighting (1)

Just had my wedding in June. Aircon bus pickup from my hotel with a separate transfer for me and my bridesmaid. I could honestly go on and on about how amazing this place is but there are only so many words. I had started my wedding planning at my resort but all the "extras" were turning out to be on par with having a wedding in Canada. La Barcaza had everything I needed included and when I did want something that I felt was actually extra it was at a reasonable price. Every email I sent was answered within minutes and any provlprwas sorted out until I was happy!! No nosey onlookers during my ceremony, food and cake amazing, dj fabulous, ugh I could seriously go on forever. Do yourself a favor!!!!

Profile Picture Jessica, 6/13/18, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

We had a Wedding Rehearsal Night Cruise for 32 adults and one infant! It was amazing. Everything was beyond our expectations and we danced all night. Staff were professional and fun. On time, easy to work with, responds to emails quickly! It was perfect and everyone had a blast!

Profile Picture Susan, 4/12/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

After much careful research, we selected La Barcaza as our wedding venue. The customer service provided from day one was nothing short of exceptional. The boat allowed us to have a private wedding, with no interrupts from the outside world. The crew was welcoming, energetic, kind, attentive and very professional. In addition to this, the crew went above and beyond to ensure that key members of my family where comfortable, and this included my 82 year old grandmother. My guests wanted for nothing, and this includes the very friendly and efficient bartender.

We choose to have the ceremony on the upstairs part of the boat, and we do not regret that for a second. The environment was peaceful, relaxing, intimate, and beautiful. The boat was well kept, and the view was spectacular. No small detail was missed, and this was much noticed when it came to our beautiful wedding cake. We had 32 guests fly in from Canada to attend our wedding, and each guests was expressed how superb the boat, and there experience was.

We are grateful that our day was perfect; we had no issues and will forever look fondly on our wedding day. Thank You!!

Profile Picture Alisha, 4/8/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Photography, Wedding Cake

Agota was very helpful in making my big day stress free. The wedding boat is perfect for a small wedding. The cake was a great value as well.

Profile Picture Lucia, 4/8/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Aisle Runners, Altar/Arches, Audio Equipment, Centerpieces, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, In-House Bar, Cake, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Linens, Shuttle, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Liquor, Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink

Agota and her team went above and beyond for our wedding reception in January! She was easy to contact and provided amazing service before and on our special day!
Her vendors were also amazing! We loved the DJ, the bakery and photography!
I so highly recommend! It was the highlight of our wedding day!

Profile Picture Johanna, 1/18/18, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I had a beautiful lunch reception for about 40 people!
Everything was very organized to perfection. They have an amazing crew
Making everyone smile and laugh at all times! I recommend La Barcaza and it’s Crew ?? % . Thank you for making it unforgettable!

Profile Picture Felayne, 12/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Super late review but better late than never. I had my wedding/reception on La Barcaza and it was absolutely wonderful!!! To start Agota, the event coordinator, was amazing!!! She answers everything and never once seemed bothered by all my questions. I was in a lot of Facebook group pages for weddings in Punta Cana and had to deal with my own resort for hair and other stuff pre-wedding, and let’s just say I’m pretty sure Agota is the only person in Punta Cana that doesn’t run on island time. I took longer to reply than she did.

We did the Gold beach symbolic and got married on the beach. We did add hours, total of six. 5 on boat 1 on beach. The boat was decorated perfectly. I didn’t do to much and it still looked great!!! We got the grill for food and it was so delicious! Everybody loved our food and cake! Best food all week actually.

We ended up doing the national bar. I was a little worried because I’m a picky beer drinker, but let’s just say I took full advantage of the drinks they made, very good and did the job they are supposed to. We brought our two small children to our trip and wedding so this was my one party night and I sure did party!!!! Music was great, everyone had a blast. Speaking of children we had about 6 kids, ages 1-6, and they did great on the boat. Little nervous beforehand, but they all had a blast and luckily for me my one year old fell asleep in his stroller for most the night (yes I brought a double stroller on the boat. Everyone who had to carry it probably hated me but I was so happy it was there).

Everyone loves how different our wedding was, and I personally love the small boats that got us to and away from the actual boat. Just makes for great stories and people definitely don’t forget. They did wonderful helping everyone on and off. The older and the drunks!!! All in all, I absolutely loved my wedding, La barcaza was just perfect for us and I highly recommend them.

Profile Picture Kirbi , 10/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Life does not count with the number of breaths, but with the moments that stop breathing. I think this was one of those moment.

Photo for La Barcaza Wedding And Event Boat Review - Our little Dominican wedding.
Photo for La Barcaza Wedding And Event Boat Review - The male part.
Photo for La Barcaza Wedding And Event Boat Review - The female part.
Photo for La Barcaza Wedding And Event Boat Review - The happy pair.
Photo for La Barcaza Wedding And Event Boat Review - Just a Titanic.
Photo for La Barcaza Wedding And Event Boat Review - Lets the party begin!
Photos
Photo for La Barcaza Wedding And Event Boat Review - Food - a holiday for the senses.
Photo for La Barcaza Wedding And Event Boat Review - At the height of the party.
Photo for La Barcaza Wedding And Event Boat Review - The best wedding boat.
Profile Picture Kiril, 10/13/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The whole team especially Agota and Daniel were fantastic, the boat, food, drink and decorations were amazing. The wedding day it’s self was magical from start to finish, nothing was too much trouble, I would highly recommend to everyone.

Profile Picture Kira, 10/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I have never envisioned my wedding day to be an absolute picture perfect day but I am grateful to God he helped me find Agota. The patience, attention to detail, wonderful suggestions and yes even when your own wedding party may upset you the loving responsive and helpful staff is there to take care of every need. They can make your time with them most epic and memorable. I cannot begin to give them any higher praise because you will just have to experience it yourself. Go with whatever packages you want as long as you enjoy the experience

Profile Picture Ginger, 9/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We used La Barcaza for our daughters wedding reception. We were very impressed as all details were met as initially stated. Crew was very attentive but also gave you your space. Very easy to work with and exceeded expectations. We highly recommend. Ward Almond - Virginia

Profile Picture Ward, 8/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We had the most amazing time on the boat for our 25Destination Vacation. This experience was the icing on the cake after we renewed our vows.

Photo for La Barcaza Wedding And Event Boat Review - The staff was amazing!!!!
Profile Picture Darice , 7/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Entertainer

Great service, perfect food and international bar. The stuff is really professional, the boat is clean and updated. The location at the beach is beautiful.
Recomended for all!!!!

Profile Picture JOSE , 6/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Entertainer, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

THEY DESERVE 100 STARS!!! It's a long review but people need to understand why they are the best of the best!

Our wedding was on May 27th, 2017 and our wedding was amazing and everything we’ve wanted. It was a day full of fun, laughter, and so much fun. It was a unique experience to have our wedding on La Barcaza and as an event planner myself, it was completely different from the norm. Our guest loved being aboard La Barca and the crew was simply amazing. We worked with Agota who is a fantastic Event coordinator! She was on top of everything and very responsive to my emails she answered within minutes any time of the day. She is very patient, kind and attentive. An overall great Event Coordinator! The crew was A M A Z I N G!! From the shuttle driver and to the boat crew thy all came up one by one and introduced themselves to me and were very attentive before we even left the hotel on the shuttle provided by La Barcaza to the beach were the transfer boat were located. They made us feel so welcome and they were so funny and kept things so entertaining and fun (not that we needed it but it helped they were having as much fun as we were having). They are all very attentive and constantly making sure everyone was ok and we did not need anything especial me and my husband.

I cannot say enough good things about them especially Gorge who felt like he was part of the family just as funny and crazy fun as we are. He was a riot and we wish we could have brought him home with us LOL. We literally just made him part of the family we have so many pictures with him. He went up to every guest and had everyone laughing and drinking it was a riot. He also carried me on and off the transport boat so I did not get wet, he went above and beyond.

Jesus ( the Chef) was also very funny and accommodating. We had a guest with a pepper allergy, something we dropped the ball on and he made our guest a completely different plate on seconds notice. The food was also very delicious

Profile Picture LuzMery, 5/27/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

My husband and I recently got married at the Majestic Mirage in August. We decided we want to do something different for our rehearsal dinner and booked La Barcaza for our Wedding Party. It was absolutely AMAZING! We also brought along or photographer, Junior Cruz to capture our experience! Honestly it was a day I'll never forget! The staff was great and treated us like family❤ I can't wait to return to Punta Cana and visit them again. Thank You for memories my guests and I will never ever forget❤

Profile Picture Kelli, 5/13/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Event Planning, Event Rentals, Chairs, Covered Outdoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Shuttle

La Barcaza staff were the best ever!!!! We decided to do something different for our wedding reception and surprise our guest by not telling them where we were going after the wedding (at the Royalton.)
Prior to the wedding, the communication between myself and the event coordinator was A+. She responded quickly every time and answered all my questions. I could tell right away that they wanted to make this the best experience for us.
We met with the coordinator 2 days prior to the reception at the lobby of our resort. She took lots of notes to make sure that the boat was decorated the way we wanted it to be. She was amazing, professional and super friendly!!!
The day of the wedding they came and picked us up on time, drove us to the a beach where we took a little boat to get on the party boat. That was a lot of fun (part of the experience). On the way there we realized that we had forgotten our wedding cake. I was devastated. Guess what?! Without us asking, they decided to try to get the cake from the resort (Not an easy task with such a high security place). They made it work and brought our cake back with a small motor boat. They did not have to do that.. but they did! Now that's good service! We got to do the cake celebration after all!
The decorations was exactly what we wanted. The dj was flexible to play all kind of music. The food was cooked on the boat and was excellent. The staff were super nice and a lot of fun. All our guests loved it and had an amazing time!! I strongly suggest the La Barcaza to anyone. We will definitely return! Thank you La Barcaza crew!!! :-)

Profile Picture Elaina, 5/9/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ

The boat is beautiful, had a great time. The food was delicious and the bartender made wonderful drinks. The crew was friendly, helpful and lots of fun.

Profile Picture Denise, 5/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding about 3 weeks ago. Everything was perfect. The organization, the ceremony, the decorations, the photographer were perfect. The staff was friendly, the wedding location was beautiful. Ágota made everything so easy for us. She always answer all our questions quickly. We had an awesome time. We loved every minute of it. Our wedding was a dream, thank you! You're the best!!

Profile Picture Dóra, 4/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We had our wedding for 54 people April 22. Everything exceeded my expectations! Agota was such a pleasure to work with and made the process very easy! We got married on the beach and had the reception on the boat! The captain was great and partied with us and the DJ was able to accomodate arabic, spanish, and english music! The whole experience felt like a dream and as if we were in a movie! I would highly reccomend La Barcaza for your wedding!! I would love to hire them again for another party if we go back!

Profile Picture Yvette, 4/22/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We hired the boat as a treat gor our wedding guests on 13th April 2017. far exceeded our expectations and was an amazing day. The boat was stunning and the rooftop was great. We had the DJ who played our needs and had a fab selection of music. We had a core number of teens in our group who partied and fully enjoyed all the latest music as well as all other age groups. The boat stopped for us all to go snorkelling and swimming which was a lovely touch as many of the children had not been snorkelling before.....the and drinks we're superb and we all fully enjoyed the pineapple rum mix and mamajuana !!!!!!!......HAPPY DAYS .

Dont think about it just book it. Amazing boat, crew, food, beach , views, weather and everything else.....thanks so much for an amazing time. Unforgetable experience as part of our wedding. Will be back for anniversary and rebooking again!!!!! Thanks guys.....one of our best times ever

Profile Picture Sherine, 4/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We are beyond happy with how our wedding turned out on La Barcaza. Agota was incredible to work with, even from afar, answering emails almost immediately. She was professional and polite, working through every detail so thoroughly, while making sure this was the day I dreamed of. Everything was better than I could have expected!!

Profile Picture Mandie, 4/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had a legal ceremony on a beautiful beach at the "piscina natural". The organisation was made easy by La Barcaza and whilst there was a little of a wobble around the time of the ceremony a few days before, everything worked out wonderfully well in the end. Pretty much everything we asked for was delivered as requested. I didn't worry about anything on the day it all went according to plan. The ceremony was beautiful and our group of 16 or so guests agreed too. The catamaran is great with staff that make us feel completely at home. The food was freshly cooked and really tasty can the DJ was great fun. I would recommend to everyone celebrating with a group and looking to have some amazing memories. The only thing I'm sorry about is that it is all over.

Profile Picture Jane, 4/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

Highly recommended! Check out La Barcaza before over paying for a mediocre ceremony at your Punta Cana resort!!!

My fiancé and I couldn't be more excited to marry in tropical paradise in the Dominican Republic. We had over 40 guests booked to attend our destination wedding, joining us at the RIU Macao Palace for a weeks vacation. After many disappointing interactions with our resort in Punta Cana, my fiancé searched for a better option for our wedding. He found La Barcaza Wedding Boat. I love and thank him for his discovery!! It made all the difference- "Best wedding I have have ever been to!" : heard this quote over and over from my friends and family.

From the very 1st email inquiry my fiancé and I sent, our fabulous wedding coordinator, Agota, was quick to respond, easy to contact and accommodating to every request. She made planning our dream wedding a breeze, even from over seas.
Professional staff, delicious food, wonderful reception party.
The boat, the scenery, the water, the sunset -- exceptional. A dream come true. I can't say enough, my guests told me over and over what a "fabulous time" they had, that it was "the most beautiful wedding ever", "excellent and delicious food", "great bar/great drinks", and "the best ceremony and reception they had ever been to".

Profile Picture Emily, 4/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Flowers, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Transportation, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

We decided that the challenges of having our wedding at the resort (particularly our reception) were too much to overcome. I found La Barcaza on a wedding forum and contacted Agota. Agota was very prompt with answering our questions, she was able to fulfill all of our requests and we never felt as though we were getting over charged. Everything was reasonable and Agota was very willing to accommodate us but she also had some fantastic insight on how things should go based on her extensive experience. We are so happy for a private cruise aboard La Barcaza for our wedding after getting to see a few weddings at the resort. The boat is very nice, the crew was very kind, helpful and the reception and beach wedding was much more intimate then what we witnessed next to us on the public beach at the resort. The food was great, all of our guest had a great time and no one was disappointed.

Profile Picture eric, 4/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Chairs, Linens, Covered Outdoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Cake, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Shuttle