L.John Morelli Wedding + Event Films Reviews

57 | Hicksville, NY

57 Reviews for L.John Morelli Wedding + Event Films

Lisa Curra · Married on 11/03/2018

Very Happy and Satisfied!

I got married on November 3rd of 2018. First of all John was wonderful with everything, he seen my vision of what I wanted and made it come to life. You wil be very happy with John as your videographer he was reasonable in price and made everything come out beautifully from start to finish from the Highlight video ending with the reception. He was also very friendly, was on time and accomodating! You will not regret choosing him as your vendor for your special day!

Nancy · Married on 09/29/2018

Amazing work! Such a fan.

I initially did not plan to have a videographer for my wedding on 11-24-18. I really wanted one, but did not think I could afford it. Enter John who worked with me on pricing that was so fair and reasonable, so we hired him. Can I just say that was the BEST. DECISION. EVER! We have the most beautiful wedding video and highlight short clip I am able to share with friends and family. John truly captured the tone, essence, vibe and energy of our day! Super swift communicator to this nervous and chatty bride, whether during pre-planning or the day of the wedding, he was patient, serene, helpful, calming and reliable. Post wedding, he was always in touch with handling pre edit requests from me, and worked with us to remove or add things just to make me the perfect video dreamed about. He made the entire experience so easy--He, by far, became my favorite wedding vendor. So pleased we hired him. He even personally delivered my final video/blu ray into my mailbox! (Bonus: Cutest packaging for a lovely keepsake). He easily has my vote and recommendation as the best videographer for any occasion! Definitely reach out to him. You'll see.

Emily Sharaf · Married on 09/22/2018

Patient, Diligent, Incredibly Talented

John was such a pleasure to work with. He was easy-going, patient, understanding and beyond talented. Our ceremony didn't begin until after dark and his attention to lighting was exquisite. He did such an incredible job lighting the backdrop and the entire ceremony, the video from our ceremony is truly out of a movie. And of course, he did an unbelievable job capturing every other moment of our special day. I'd 100% recommend him to all!

Rebecca Kenney · Married on 08/18/2018

Amazing wedding videos!

John was incredibly professional and made everything easy for us on our wedding day. He made beautiful videos of our ceremony and reception and got them to us in a very timely manner. John did a great job of capturing all of the important moments for us and we will cherish the videos he made forever.

Shari · Married on 12/16/2017

John took the photographs for my son's bar mitzvah. John was incredibly professional, patient and flexible and the photos are amazing! We were completed delighted to work with him and will certainly hire him for the next celebration. John has a great way of making his subjects feel at ease and he felt like part of the family. Wonderful experience and great memories for all.

Emil · Married on 12/10/2017

It was a pleasure working with John, he did videography for our wedding, and we are happy with the final product. John listened to exactly what we wanted and did his best to accommodate us. I like that John is the only person we had to work with from start to finish, he did everything himself, there were no sales people, no outsource/part-time editors or 3rd party videographers. Overall everything went smoothly, he was very professional and he takes his work very seriously.

David Broxmeyer · Married on 12/03/2017

Highly recommend

John was a delight to work with from the moment we met him on the day of our wedding.

On our wedding day, it is normal to be nervous; however, when he began filming us, our anxiety somewhat went away. When watching the trailer, we were surprised how relaxed we looked.

john made an incredible trailer for us in a short time that we could not wait to show our family and friends. We kept watching it as it gave a remarkable recap of the wedding day in just 10 minutes. Capturing a 6 hour event in only 10 minutes is not an easy task.

We even requested that John change one part of the trailer and he did so without hesitation and made it exactly what we requested.

We cannot recommend John enough as he will for sure do an incredible job.

-David and Naava

andie · Married on 10/28/2017

We had JJ for our wedding through Glenmar. He was amazing!! Our video highlight as well as our full video came out amazing and within a great time frame. He was super easy to work with and made our vision come to life. We highly recommend using him for anything you want to capture and remember forever!

L. · Married on 10/07/2017

We could not be more pleased with how our wedding video came out. From start to finish John was a pleasure to work with!! His attention to detail in the final product went beyond our expectations.

Loren · Married on 09/23/2017

Awesome! The Best!

If you need a wedding videographer, do yourself a favor and hire John. He is a true artist and professional. His work is amazing and truly captures the beauty of you day. Video is not cheesy at all. The music he chooses is very appropriate and the video editing is superb. He and his assistant were friendly, unobtrusive and really nice. I would hire him again for any future events that required a videographer and can't give him enough accolades.

Lisa · Married on 09/16/2017

John did the videography for my son's Bar Mitzvah and for my daughter's Bat Mitzvah. He captured everything and he was a pleasure to work with.

Jessica · Married on 09/03/2017

Morelli made a fabulous video from our wedding--he included all of the important moments to fully capture the day and even added beautiful special effects to make it that much more special. He was so easy to work with that I didn't have to stress at all about the videography on the wedding day. He also showed up early to capture my bridesmaids and me getting ready in the morning! Morelli was extremely responsive to our needs, too. We had a bunch of special requests and he accommodated us without question. In the end, we also loved the presentation. We expected to be getting Blu-Rays and USB drives, but he took it to the next level and added beautiful photos of us on the covers and gave a special USB made of wood. This level of customer service is rare, and if you want the perfect video, at a very reasonable price, you should go with Morelli hands down.

Jamie Lynn · Married on 07/14/2017

I was always against having a videographer at my wedding. Why spend the money? Then, three months before my wedding, I had that “oh, crap” moment while serving as a bridesmaid at one of my best friends wedding. Her video company showed a trailer at her actual wedding which sounds crazy but seeing it made me cry. Like, breakdown cry. I turned to my then soon to be husband and with tears in my eyes told him how wrong I was for not wanting video at our wedding. I would never hear his voice saying his vows to me ever agaIn. The realization of this and the fact that we were now three months out and had booked all of our vendors over a year out, put us both into panic mode. My husband did the research and came across LJ Morelli based on his amazing reviews. We crossed our fingers as we pressed send on our email and prayed that under some lucky star that John was available on our wedding day. John contacted us back the same day and was, to our surprise and delight, still available. The day of our wedding, John showed up hours early to prep his video, and with permission, scope my phone for photos and my last texts to my husband from the night before our wedding. It was such an incredibly original touch to what would go into our preparation video. We chose the package with just John. No other videographer. Just him. But yet, wherever we turned that night, there he was. I had two and at one point, three photographers and I had trouble finding them throughout the night. Wherever I turned, John was there. His end video looks like there was a team, not one person. He ended up being my husband and my favorite vendor. He kept in touch through the entire editing process and promptly made changes to anything we requested. Our end product is more than we ever could have asked for. I’m so happy we invested in video. We will have it for the rest of our lives and we have John to thank.

Stephanie · Married on 06/25/2017

We were referred to John Morelli from two of my cousins that had used him for their wedding. After seeing both of their videos we knew we had to use him. John is extremely detailed oriented (which is what any bride would want for her big day), patient, very professional and never disappoints. After watching our own wedding video I can honestly say that I am so happy that we used John as our videographer and will highly recommend him.

Rose · Married on 06/10/2017

We found John through a friend that had used him to shoot his wedding. We had loved the highlights reel he had done for them and reached out right away. We are so happy we did! John had done an amazing job from the start. He was very accommodating when I had wanted to send a 2nd videographer to my fiancé's parents house to capture him getting ready for a bit. He did a wonderful job capturing me getting ready, the ceremony and the very best parts of the reception. We were blown away with the highlights reel he had put together. He does an amazing job of going between the ceremony and the reception to make the video so engaging. We got so many compliments on our video! Would recommend Morelli Media to anyone getting married as John effortlessly captured our wedding and was the easiest to work with!

Sara · Married on 12/17/2016

While we used him for our son's bar mitzvah and not a wedding, what we loved about him is that he was not in your face like some videographers are. He used great enhancements (like black and white, fading, blurring, etc.). We were so impressed with how he timed parts of the action in the video to the words of the song he used as part of our recap. It was as if the song were written for the video. We are booking him again for our second son's bar mitzvah and that says it all!

Alyssa · Married on 07/23/2016

I am so happy we used Morelli Media to capture the best day of our lives! John was so professional and easy to work with. His attention to detail was fantastic and he put together such a great story outlining every memorable moment of our wedding. I have been playing our video on repeat since we got it! I would definitely recommend Morelli Media to my friends!

Jennifer · Married on 05/14/2016

L.J. Morelli created a fantastic video of our son's Bar Mitzvah. He was unobtrusive, professional, and we received our video in a timely fashion. We have already booked him for our next event in 2018. Would highly recommend Morelli Media.

We found John through Weddingwire after we hired our photographer --coincidentally, while our photographer had beautiful photos, we were not very impressed with their videography services. We met John at his home studio and were impressed by his work as well as all of his editing equipment. After meeting him, we basically hired him on the spot. John turned out to be one of our favorite vendors and one of the easiest to deal with.

On the day of the wedding, John showed up early to catch us getting ready. He arrived about an hour earlier than scheduled and did not charge us for that extra time. He went above and beyond throughout the day - going so far as fetching a towel for my grateful groom who was sweating during photos (our wedding day was beautiful but warm!). One thing in particular we liked about John was that even though he was always around, you never really noticed. He did such a fantastic job capturing the beauty of our wedding day. He was even able to incorporate our amazing wedding band's music into our video. Last but not least, John's prices were very reasonable for the quality of his work. If you are getting married in Long Island, do yourself a favor and consider John before you blindly sign onto your photographer's recommended videographer.

Jaclyn · Married on 08/29/2015

I am usually very shy, especially when there is attention on me, which of course comes with being the bride at your wedding. John made me feel very comfortable and the end result of my video came out amazing!

We weren't sure that we wanted a video of our wedding, but after hiring John Morelli, we never looked back. John is incredibly professional and responsive -- always there to answer questions, listened to our song preferences, accommodated our desires the day of the wedding -- he was wonderful to work with. His product is totally unmatched. I have never seen a more beautiful video, with the beginning overview and ending recap (and everything in between!) capturing the truly beautiful moments of our day. We couldn't be happier we chose John -- and would recommend him again and again!

Jordie · Married on 11/01/2014

John Morelli is WONDERFUL! We were thrilled to work with him after seeing the gorgeous video he made for friends of ours, and the results still have us smiling. He managed to capture both the fun and warmth of our wedding so beautifully, with shots spanning family and friends we will cherish. The “Getting Ready” and “Highlights” segments are perfect—they’re artistic and authentic, with music and energy to match. He was such a pleasure to work with—at the wedding and afterwards—easy, reliable, responsive, knowledgeable, and passionate about his work and his craft. It was a joy to work with him, and now it’s a joy to relive the wedding through the video (however many countless times we’ve already watched it)! Thank you, John, for making this so special for us!

Ashley · Married on 10/04/2014

Morelli Media was absolutely amazing and captured all the beautiful memories on our wedding day! I would recommend him to anyone looking for a videographer on their big day. He listened to every last detail and the music that was paired with the video was perfect! I also recommend the video recap. It is a great way for people get a quick glimpse of what your wedding day was like.

For any bride looking for an amazing video Morelli Media is a must! My fiancé and I shopped around at several LI companies, but none of them even compared to Morelli. John sat with us on our first meeting and explained everything he does to a tee. We were very impressed and instantly felt comfortable with him. The day of the wedding he was extremely professional and stayed until the very end of my Viennese hour even after my photographer had left! We were blown away when we received our video. He was by far one of my top vendors we used for our big day. He was professional, extremely responsive with emails and provided us with the best video we could have asked for. We even had him do our sister in laws wedding several months later.