L.John Morelli Wedding + Event Films Reviews

51 | Hicksville, NY

51 Reviews for L.John Morelli Wedding + Event Films

51 L.John Morelli Wedding + Event Films Reviews

Shari · Married on 12/16/2017

John took the photographs for my son's bar mitzvah. John was incredibly professional, patient and flexible and the photos are amazing! We were completed delighted to work with him and will certainly hire him for the next celebration. John has a great way of making his subjects feel at ease and he felt like part of the family. Wonderful experience and great memories for all.

Emil · Married on 12/10/2017

It was a pleasure working with John, he did videography for our wedding, and we are happy with the final product. John listened to exactly what we wanted and did his best to accommodate us. I like that John is the only person we had to work with from start to finish, he did everything himself, there were no sales people, no outsource/part-time editors or 3rd party videographers. Overall everything went smoothly, he was very professional and he takes his work very seriously.

andie · Married on 10/28/2017

We had JJ for our wedding through Glenmar. He was amazing!! Our video highlight as well as our full video came out amazing and within a great time frame. He was super easy to work with and made our vision come to life. We highly recommend using him for anything you want to capture and remember forever!

L. · Married on 10/07/2017

We could not be more pleased with how our wedding video came out. From start to finish John was a pleasure to work with!! His attention to detail in the final product went beyond our expectations.

Lisa · Married on 09/16/2017

John did the videography for my son's Bar Mitzvah and for my daughter's Bat Mitzvah. He captured everything and he was a pleasure to work with.

Jessica · Married on 09/03/2017

Morelli made a fabulous video from our wedding--he included all of the important moments to fully capture the day and even added beautiful special effects to make it that much more special. He was so easy to work with that I didn't have to stress at all about the videography on the wedding day. He also showed up early to capture my bridesmaids and me getting ready in the morning! Morelli was extremely responsive to our needs, too. We had a bunch of special requests and he accommodated us without question. In the end, we also loved the presentation. We expected to be getting Blu-Rays and USB drives, but he took it to the next level and added beautiful photos of us on the covers and gave a special USB made of wood. This level of customer service is rare, and if you want the perfect video, at a very reasonable price, you should go with Morelli hands down.

Jamie Lynn · Married on 07/14/2017

I was always against having a videographer at my wedding. Why spend the money? Then, three months before my wedding, I had that “oh, crap” moment while serving as a bridesmaid at one of my best friends wedding. Her video company showed a trailer at her actual wedding which sounds crazy but seeing it made me cry. Like, breakdown cry. I turned to my then soon to be husband and with tears in my eyes told him how wrong I was for not wanting video at our wedding. I would never hear his voice saying his vows to me ever agaIn. The realization of this and the fact that we were now three months out and had booked all of our vendors over a year out, put us both into panic mode. My husband did the research and came across LJ Morelli based on his amazing reviews. We crossed our fingers as we pressed send on our email and prayed that under some lucky star that John was available on our wedding day. John contacted us back the same day and was, to our surprise and delight, still available. The day of our wedding, John showed up hours early to prep his video, and with permission, scope my phone for photos and my last texts to my husband from the night before our wedding. It was such an incredibly original touch to what would go into our preparation video. We chose the package with just John. No other videographer. Just him. But yet, wherever we turned that night, there he was. I had two and at one point, three photographers and I had trouble finding them throughout the night. Wherever I turned, John was there. His end video looks like there was a team, not one person. He ended up being my husband and my favorite vendor. He kept in touch through the entire editing process and promptly made changes to anything we requested. Our end product is more than we ever could have asked for. I’m so happy we invested in video. We will have it for the rest of our lives and we have John to thank.

Stephanie · Married on 06/25/2017

We were referred to John Morelli from two of my cousins that had used him for their wedding. After seeing both of their videos we knew we had to use him. John is extremely detailed oriented (which is what any bride would want for her big day), patient, very professional and never disappoints. After watching our own wedding video I can honestly say that I am so happy that we used John as our videographer and will highly recommend him.

Rose · Married on 06/10/2017

We found John through a friend that had used him to shoot his wedding. We had loved the highlights reel he had done for them and reached out right away. We are so happy we did! John had done an amazing job from the start. He was very accommodating when I had wanted to send a 2nd videographer to my fiancé's parents house to capture him getting ready for a bit. He did a wonderful job capturing me getting ready, the ceremony and the very best parts of the reception. We were blown away with the highlights reel he had put together. He does an amazing job of going between the ceremony and the reception to make the video so engaging. We got so many compliments on our video! Would recommend Morelli Media to anyone getting married as John effortlessly captured our wedding and was the easiest to work with!

Sara · Married on 12/17/2016

While we used him for our son's bar mitzvah and not a wedding, what we loved about him is that he was not in your face like some videographers are. He used great enhancements (like black and white, fading, blurring, etc.). We were so impressed with how he timed parts of the action in the video to the words of the song he used as part of our recap. It was as if the song were written for the video. We are booking him again for our second son's bar mitzvah and that says it all!

Alyssa · Married on 07/23/2016

I am so happy we used Morelli Media to capture the best day of our lives! John was so professional and easy to work with. His attention to detail was fantastic and he put together such a great story outlining every memorable moment of our wedding. I have been playing our video on repeat since we got it! I would definitely recommend Morelli Media to my friends!

Jennifer · Married on 05/14/2016

L.J. Morelli created a fantastic video of our son's Bar Mitzvah. He was unobtrusive, professional, and we received our video in a timely fashion. We have already booked him for our next event in 2018. Would highly recommend Morelli Media.

We found John through Weddingwire after we hired our photographer --coincidentally, while our photographer had beautiful photos, we were not very impressed with their videography services. We met John at his home studio and were impressed by his work as well as all of his editing equipment. After meeting him, we basically hired him on the spot. John turned out to be one of our favorite vendors and one of the easiest to deal with.

On the day of the wedding, John showed up early to catch us getting ready. He arrived about an hour earlier than scheduled and did not charge us for that extra time. He went above and beyond throughout the day - going so far as fetching a towel for my grateful groom who was sweating during photos (our wedding day was beautiful but warm!). One thing in particular we liked about John was that even though he was always around, you never really noticed. He did such a fantastic job capturing the beauty of our wedding day. He was even able to incorporate our amazing wedding band's music into our video. Last but not least, John's prices were very reasonable for the quality of his work. If you are getting married in Long Island, do yourself a favor and consider John before you blindly sign onto your photographer's recommended videographer.

Jaclyn · Married on 08/29/2015

I am usually very shy, especially when there is attention on me, which of course comes with being the bride at your wedding. John made me feel very comfortable and the end result of my video came out amazing!

We weren't sure that we wanted a video of our wedding, but after hiring John Morelli, we never looked back. John is incredibly professional and responsive -- always there to answer questions, listened to our song preferences, accommodated our desires the day of the wedding -- he was wonderful to work with. His product is totally unmatched. I have never seen a more beautiful video, with the beginning overview and ending recap (and everything in between!) capturing the truly beautiful moments of our day. We couldn't be happier we chose John -- and would recommend him again and again!

Jordie · Married on 11/01/2014

John Morelli is WONDERFUL! We were thrilled to work with him after seeing the gorgeous video he made for friends of ours, and the results still have us smiling. He managed to capture both the fun and warmth of our wedding so beautifully, with shots spanning family and friends we will cherish. The “Getting Ready” and “Highlights” segments are perfect—they’re artistic and authentic, with music and energy to match. He was such a pleasure to work with—at the wedding and afterwards—easy, reliable, responsive, knowledgeable, and passionate about his work and his craft. It was a joy to work with him, and now it’s a joy to relive the wedding through the video (however many countless times we’ve already watched it)! Thank you, John, for making this so special for us!

Ashley · Married on 10/04/2014

Morelli Media was absolutely amazing and captured all the beautiful memories on our wedding day! I would recommend him to anyone looking for a videographer on their big day. He listened to every last detail and the music that was paired with the video was perfect! I also recommend the video recap. It is a great way for people get a quick glimpse of what your wedding day was like.

For any bride looking for an amazing video Morelli Media is a must! My fiancé and I shopped around at several LI companies, but none of them even compared to Morelli. John sat with us on our first meeting and explained everything he does to a tee. We were very impressed and instantly felt comfortable with him. The day of the wedding he was extremely professional and stayed until the very end of my Viennese hour even after my photographer had left! We were blown away when we received our video. He was by far one of my top vendors we used for our big day. He was professional, extremely responsive with emails and provided us with the best video we could have asked for. We even had him do our sister in laws wedding several months later.

Aphrodite & Tommy · Married on 05/24/2014

We are more than happy that we chose Morelli Media as our videographers for our wedding. John is very professional and talented. We just received our wedding video and it is amazing. Every time we watch it tears come to our eyes. John captured every moment from our wedding day from getting ready to the very end of the night. All of our family and friends are amazed by such a beautiful wedding video. We highly recommend Morelli Media and can't wait to use them again for future events.

Michelle · Married on 01/04/2014

I can tell you this, I did a lot of searching, for a videographer for my daughters wedding, When I came across Morelli Media. But something made me keep coming back to John. And my decision was right!
    John was pleasant, professional and worked with me on all my needs.
    There is so many great qualities in John and his work.
    He has a great eye on how he sees things, catching thing you wouldn't even think of.
    Worked with me on things I wanted, which he wasn't sure he could do--meaning going to the grooms house to video a little, he wasn't sure if the time would allow it. He made it happened.
    Came early, and went to the hair salon to film my daughter getting her hair done.
    Filmed people just sitting at their tables or at the bar, making sure he got everyone who shared our special day.
    When we got the tape it was so much fun to watch, he made if fun and exciting.
    He emailed me a clip of the wedding 2 weeks later showing me a piece which was great, cause you can't wait to see it. This helped so much getting clips from him before the full tape. And that came within a month.
    This was one of the most important things, I wanted for my daughters wedding. To have this tape for memories of this beautiful day.
    Now, I have this beautiful tape that John capture for us, to watch over and over.
    Anyone looking for a videographer, John Morelli is the way to go!
    Thank you John, for making this amazing tape for us!

• Rani

Rani · Married on 09/15/2013

John is everything we could ask for in a wedding videographer - professional. affordable, and his work is outstanding!

The footage he shot was fantastic - we've shown all of our friends and family and we all agree: he captured all the right moments, edited it well, and synced it with terrific audio.

Behind the scenes, he was so easy to work with, which is such a relief when planning a wedding. He was very prompt with email correspondences. He was open and honest about what he could do and how he would do it. He showed up hours early to set up. And while at the event, he caught everything without being too invasive.

John provided us with sample recap videos and the real video so quickly after our wedding. It was such a treat to watch all of the best moments so soon after our honeymoon. We've already watched our video 5 times since receiving it last month - we never would have thought we'd like our wedding video that much!

We loved John; we'd recommend him to any bridge/groom.

Dani · Married on 09/01/2013

When I first met John, I knew I wanted to work with him. He was very thorough when he explained all he had to offer. In the beginning of my wedding planning process, I was unsure about using a videographer. However, once I met John and saw his work, all of this changed. When he went over his packages & prices, I did not feel rushed or pressured to use him. John is an ‘upfront’ kind of guy. One of my favorite things about John is that he has his prices listed on his website. It annoyed me when venders did not have their prices listed because the last thing I wanted to do was to call a vender & find out they were out of my price range.
    The day before my wedding, John called me and asked if he could come a little earlier than the start time we agreed on. I felt bad & told him he didn't have to, but he insisted. I am glad John came early because he took memorable shots of my sister and I walking into our house after the hair salon. Throughout the entire day, John did not miss a thing. It was a very long day yet he was on point from the beginning to the end. He even took some still pictures of me with a camera which I had no idea he took. He surprised me the next day by emailing them to me! John was not only professional and easy going, but time efficient too. I received my wedding preparation section of my video within a week & a half. He not only captured obvious shots such as my dress, shoes, and earrings, but he took videos of little things around my parents’ house such as old family pictures, the room I grew up in, text messages between my husband & I, and even the family dog.
    John is very passionate, extremely talented, cares a lot about making his bride/grooms happy, & loves capturing memories which can be viewed for years to come.
    My advice to brides/grooms-1). hire a videographer, even if it is out of your budget. 2). Make sure it is Morelli Media.

Laura · Married on 04/20/2013

I recently used Morelli Media for my wedding after a coworker recommended him. The professional quality and length of the films I saw are really what drew me in. I looked into video companies that only produce a 45 minute film and I knew I wanted something longer (ours ended up being 1 hour and 40 minutes).
    From the beginning, John was very easy to work with. We did most of our correspondence through email, and all of my emails were answered promptly. On the day of the wedding, I barely noticed John and his team (even though there were 3 cameras at my ceremony!) Within a week, we began receiving links to edited sections of our video online, and we received our full video within two months of our wedding, and just as expected, it was amazing. We’ve shown it to family and friends, and we have received so many compliments. Several of our friends have said that if they could do it all over again, they would use Morelli.
    John Morelli is truly and artist and you will see that with your video. He is not just a guy who knows how to use a video camera who works for a company; he is a professional filmmaker and he will capture the beauty, fun, excitement, and emotion in your wedding so you and your family can enjoy it for years to come. Without a doubt, I recommend John Morelli and Morelli Media.

Helen · Married on 01/12/2013

I recently used Morelli Media for my wedding. From beginning to end, John was extremely professional and helpful. It was nice to have contact with him leading up to the big day and it reassured me that he was one vendor I would have no issues with.
    On the morning of my wedding while at the salon with my bridesmaids I received a phone call from John. He mentioned that he was ready to start a bit early and thought it would be great to meet me at the salon as it would make a great start to my getting ready sequence. I thought it was so nice that he went out of his way to meet us there and boy was he right. The getting ready sequence came out amazing!
    We had a big greek wedding and he made sure to capture all of the details we worked so hard on. It was truly a pleasure working with him and his team.
    About a week or two after the honeymoon we came back to a video sequence from John for our review. It was so great being able to see a product so soon after the wedding.
    I highly recommend this vendor and my family and I look forward to using him at future events!!