Kyrsten's Sweet Designs Reviews

71 | Harrisburg, PA

71 Reviews for Kyrsten's Sweet Designs

71 Kyrsten's Sweet Designs Reviews

Tara · Married on 11/03/2018

Kyrsten was so easy to work with, not to mention her desserts are to die for! The wedding cake, cupcakes, and the set up was just how I imagined and was beautiful!

Sent on 08/26/2018

Kyrsten's Sweet Designs's reply:

Thanks so much for your 5-star review, Tara! I am so glad you were pleased with everything :) It was a pleasure working with you!!

Brekan · Married on 08/18/2018

I was referred to Kyrsten through my florist and "hiring" (that's weird for me to say since I feel like we are friends!) her is one of THE BEST decisions my now husband and I made. From the very beginning of wedding planning I had a very specific "vision" of this glorious dessert bar at that would be both beautiful and an array of sweets for both my guests and my husband and I to enjoy. We met with Kyrsten in December 2017 (I think!) and decided on a small cake for cutting as well as dozens of cupcakes in four flavors. Like I said before, one of THE BEST decisions we made. The cake was GORGEOUS and exactly what my husband and I envisioned. We wanted a cake that resembled marble with gold leaf and it turned out better than I could have ever imagined (see photo attached....when I receive more photos from the photographer I will be updating to reflect what the dessert table looked like with the cupcakes as well). Last but not least, I must mention that not only are Krysten's sweets beautiful to look at, they are absolutely delicious!!!! Oh and BRIDES - seriously read this part....MAKE SOME SORT OF ANNOUNCEMENT OR SIGN STATING THAT NO ONE GOES NEAR THE DESSERT TABLE BEFORE YOU AND YOUR SPOUSE HAVE CUT THE CAKE!!! That is literally the only thing I would have changed regarding my wedding. People go NUTS for desserts, especially when they are made by one of the best bakers around, like Kyrsten!

Kyrsten's Sweet Designs 1
  • Gabby

Gabby · Married on 07/28/2018

The BEST!!!!!!

Her cakes were the best I’ve ever had! I loved that we were able to rent display pieces as well. Everyone loved the cakes!

• W

Wendy · Married on 07/07/2018

If we could give Kyrsten more than five stars, we would do so in a heartbeat! She was a pleasure to work with, was very responsive, and most importantly, her cake and cupcakes were delicious! Kyrsten was upfront with pricing and product details when we spoke with her during our vendor research. When meeting her for a tasting, Kyrsten had a variety of cake and frosting flavors for us to sample. She was very receptive to our cake design ideas and was willing to take the lead in setting up our cupcake table. She was very flexible and she really just wanted us to be happy. We had a wedding cake and four flavors of cupcakes for our wedding - all of which got rave reviews. Her chocolate peanut butter cupcakes were gone in a matter of minutes! We would recommend Kyrsten to anyone, and will be ordering more cupcakes and cakes from her in the future!

Sent on 08/31/2018

Kyrsten's Sweet Designs's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words and feedback, Wendy! I am so happy that you were pleased with everything! It was a pleasure working with you guys :) Congratulations!

Jayna · Married on 06/08/2018

Kyrsten is one of the sweetest people ever! She was so flexible and easy to work with and was able to capture everything that we wanted for our wedding cake. She was able to create a wedding cake that looked identical to the pictures that we sent her and showed her at our consultation and tasting, which is included in her pricing. Along with our wedding cake, she also provided us with our favors, which were beautiful and tasted even better. Everything that she made made looked absolutely amazing and tasted better! We would definitely recommend Kyrsten for your big day. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 06/27/2018

Kyrsten's Sweet Designs's reply:

Thank you so much for your 5-star review, Jayna! It was a pleasure working with you! Congratulations to you and Jared :)

Trish · Married on 03/17/2018

I had the dream team when I, not knowingly,found both Kyrsten and Sarah separately. Not only do these ladies work well together but they are both experts in their areas. The cake was gorgeous AND absolutely delicious! And thank you for letting us have different flavors on different tiers - guests couldn't stop raving about both flavor combinations. This, combined with Sarah's floral touches make the cake absolutely perfect! Thank you ladies.

Erika · Married on 12/16/2017

I cannot compliment Kyrsten’s Sweet Designs enough--- not only is Kyrsten one of the nicest women you will ever meet, she is professional, responsive, and EVERYTHING she makes is DELICIOUS! We wanted a spice flavored cake for our holiday wedding, and she was more than happy to play around with a few recipes until she was able to finalize one for our cake….not to mention, it tasted AMAZING. The cookies she makes are of the most delicate, adorable, and creative designs! They seem too pretty to eat!! Usually cookies that look that good don’t taste great—but my guests have not stopped complimenting them. My dad even ordered a few extra dozen of her sugar cookies to send back with my brother as he goes back to college for the second semester. The cupcakes were incredible, too. I am usually not a big sweets eater, but I found myself devouring the cookies and cupcakes on our wedding night! I don’t have enough positive words to say about Kyrsten—HIRE HER!! You won’t be disappointed ☺

Kyrsten's Sweet Designs 2
    Kyrsten's Sweet Designs 3
    Kyrsten's Sweet Designs 4
    Kyrsten's Sweet Designs 5

Abby · Married on 11/25/2017

Kyrsten is the sweetest and kindest person! She made our wedding cake and cupcakes and it was pure perfection. She made me feel so comfortable and was willing to hear all of my ideas. I’m not a big sweets person, but I would eat her stuff any day! I couldn’t imagine having anyone else as our cake designer!

Kyrsten's Sweet Designs 6
    Kyrsten's Sweet Designs 7
    Kyrsten's Sweet Designs 8

Heather · Married on 11/11/2017

Kyrsten was incredibly easy to work with. She was incredibly responsive and prompt in her communication. Kyrsten was flexible in our choice of cake and cookie flavors. Our wedding cake not only looked incredibly beautiful but it tasted amazing! We look forward to working with Kyrsten again in the future!

Kate · Married on 10/29/2017

Kyrsten was recommended to us by our wonderful wedding photographer, Addie Eshelman. Kyrsten was absolutely amazing throughout the entire wedding planning process. She made things easy and personal, even scheduled a one on one couples cake tasting for us with the flavors we wanted to try. Her cake is honestly the best I have ever had and her cookies are SO addicting! Her creations are even more delicious than they look. Her artistry and attention to detail is incredible! I found a cake look on Pinterest that I fell in love with and she created a wedding cake for us that was out of my dreams! My jaw dropped when I saw it and I could not stop looking at the details. It was four tiers and just stunning! So many people at our wedding commented both how beautiful our cake was and also how delicious! Kyrsten also created cookie favors for our Oct 29, 2017 and were very festive white pumpkins and maple leaves. Guests told us that they loved their cookies! We can’t thank Kyrsten enough for how hard she worked to create our beautiful cake. She is even more beautiful than the creations she designs and has been an absolute pleasure to work with every step of the way. I am obsessed with her goodies and we will be ordering things from her for years to come!

Kyrsten's Sweet Designs 9
    Kyrsten's Sweet Designs 10
    Kyrsten's Sweet Designs 11

Krista · Married on 10/20/2017

Kyrsten was great to work with and very open to ideas. The cake was delicious and renting a cake stand from her was a snap. Great service and great prices.

Kyrsten's Sweet Designs 12

Lisa · Married on 10/20/2017

Kyrsten was wonderful!! The cupcakes for my wedding were delicious and beautify, and they way they were arranged was just lovely. I am so happy to have found Kyrsten!!

• Carousel

Liz · Married on 10/15/2017

If you’re like us, you’ve attended weddings where it was clear that the couple prioritized the aesthetic of their wedding cake over the taste, or vice versa. If you go with Kyrsten’s Sweet Designs, you won’t have to compromise because she more than delivers on both criteria!
    Glance through the images of her confections, and you’ll be able to witness her creativity, artistry, and the joy she brings to her work. The fall-themed cupcake tower and small cutting cake that she designed for us was perfect!
    The taste of our cake/cupcakes was amazing! We had guests who describe themselves as “not really cake people” complimenting her cupcakes all night.
    Plus, Kyrsten was extremely patient with us, as a couple planning our wedding from out of town. She was willing to work with us to schedule a consultation, and was always happy to answer any questions we had. We loved working with her!

Sent on 10/28/2017

Kyrsten's Sweet Designs's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review, Liz! I truly appreciate all of your feedback! I am so glad that you were pleased with the display and that everyone enjoyed the cupcakes. It was a pleasure working with you and Josh. Congratulations and Best Wishes! :)

Kelly · Married on 09/24/2017

As soon as we went for our cake testing and got to meet Kyrsten we knew she was exactly what we were looking for for our wedding! The price was great and our cake turned out perfect for our big day! We had two different flavors and got so many compliments on them both! Kyrsten was such a pleasure to work with and I know we will be using her again in the near future! Highly recommend her!!

Sent on 10/08/2017
    Kyrsten's Sweet Designs 13

Kyrsten's Sweet Designs's reply:

Thank you so much for the 5-star review, Kelly! It was a pleasure working with you as well. I'm so glad you and your guests enjoyed the cake :) Congratulations!!

Jazmine · Married on 09/22/2017

Kyrsten was such a pleasure to work with. From our first meeting to the day of my wedding, everything was perfect. We had ideas of what we wanted and she went above and beyond to accommodate our requests and create a beautiful and not to mention delicious dessert table at our venue that I was so pleased to see as I walked into our reception. I highly recommend her for your wedding and will certainly continue to use her services for future events :)

Sent on 10/06/2017

Kyrsten's Sweet Designs's reply:

Thanks so much, Jazmine! I had so much fun styling the table and seeing everything come together! I'm so glad you were pleased with everything! It was a pleasure working with you and I will be looking forward to the next time! :) Congratulations!!

ashleigh · Married on 09/16/2017

Kyrsten was absolutely incredible in bringing our vision to reality for our wedding cake! It was absolutely perfect and not only did it look amazing but it tasted great too! We were able to have a sheet cake to supplement the tiered cake and Kyrsten matched the design so you would have never known that there was a sheet cake at all! Not only was the cake beautiful and tasted great but Kyrsten was one of the nicest people to work with! I did not have to worry about the cake or set up of the display at all! Her pricing is extremely reasonable, especially for the quality and design that goes into each cake and display. I am so happy we found her and I cannot wait for the next event that we need a sweet treat for because we will definitely be going to Kyrsten again!

Sent on 10/09/2017

Kyrsten's Sweet Designs's reply:

Thanks so much, Ashleigh!! It was a pleasure working with you as well and I look forward to next time!! :) Congrats again!!

Samantha · Married on 07/22/2017

We chose Kyrsten's Sweet Designs for our wedding cake/cupcakes because 1. the cakes a fantastic and 2. because Kyrsten is such a pleasant and nice person to work with! After our tasting we were sold! Kyrsten created a gorgeous 3 tier wedding cake, adorned with fresh flowers, as well as cupcakes for our wedding. Every guest I've spoken too was absolutely delighted with the taste and display (which she put together herself). Yes! If you go with Kyrsten you'll be able to check cake table set up off of your list; you can rent the stands and display pieces from her (she has tons to choose from) and then she will come and set it all up (in a way you previously approved). Honestly she is a no-stress, perfect choice for you wedding day!

Sent on 08/30/2017

Kyrsten's Sweet Designs's reply:

Thank you so much for your 5-star review, Samantha!! :) I had so much fun planning the display with you, and am thrilled that you were pleased with how everything came together! Congratulations!! I will look forward to working together again some day :)

Melissa · Married on 07/16/2017

Wonderful to work with! She made us a delicious cake that looked absolutely amazing. Exactly what we wanted and a great price too!

Sent on 08/01/2017

Kyrsten's Sweet Designs's reply:

Thank you for the 5-star review, Melissa!

Emily · Married on 06/24/2017

I don't mean to brag, but we had THE BEST wedding cake I've ever had at our wedding, all thanks to Kyrsten. Before we even met for the first tasting, I liked her as a person. Super responsive, offered suggestions for flavor combos to try, just really nice. Then we went for our tasting at her house and were blown away. We tasted cakes from about 5 different places and hers were by far the best and frankly less expensive than several places we visited. My husband is not a big sweets fan, but ooh'ed and ahh'ed when we left the tasting. The morning after our wedding we had extra cake so my in-laws brought a box out to the hotel lobby where people were eating breakfast - there was a mad dash to polish that off!!

Oh, did I mention that the cake was also gorgeous and Kyrsten did three different flavors for us?

Sent on 08/15/2017

Kyrsten's Sweet Designs's reply:

Thank you so much for the glowing 5-star review, Emily! I am so glad that you were pleased with the cake :) It was a pleasure working with you!!

Kelly · Married on 06/10/2017

Kyrsten delivered an absolutely stunning dessert display for my wedding. I gave her ideas of what I liked and let her make the creative decisions on what she thought would look best, she went above and beyond anything I could have imagined myself. She is incredibly talented at what she does, each cake is a work of art (not to mention delicious)!! As the bride I didn't have to worry about my desserts for one single second, Kyrsten took care of everything!!! I was blown away. I can not say enough good things about Kyrsten's Sweet Designs, I definitely recommend her!!

Megan · Married on 03/11/2017

We definitely took our time when researching and picking our vendors, but we didn't hesitate when it came to Krysten. Kyrsten was not only a dream to work with, but she's extremely talented! From start to finish she was professional, kind, and accommodating. We had an idea in our head of what we wanted for our cake (a henna-inspired design), gave her a picture of what we were thinking and our wedding colors, and told her we trusted her! What she delivered was incredible--she's so creative and has obviously mastered her craft. The cake was one of the most commented-on parts of our wedding from both a taste and design standpoint: everybody loved it! It was definitely a highlight for my husband and I. Krysten's cakes are beautiful, delicious, and well-priced. (My mom and grandma also ended up ordering cookies from her as favors for my bridal shower, and they were wonderful, too!) If you're currently searching for someone to do your cake, I highly recommend Kyrsten.

Sent on 06/06/2017

Kyrsten's Sweet Designs's reply:

Thank you so much for your 5-star review, Megan! I had a lot of fun with the henna design and appreciated you giving me creative freedom. Thank you for trusting me! It was a pleasure working with you :)

John · Married on 12/31/2016

Krysten was wonderful to work with and is very passionate about her creations which shows in her work. We chose cupcakes for our daughter's wedding along with a cutting cake and could not have been more pleased. Many compliments were given on not only the taste but the presentation as well. Four flavors were arranged on the tiered plate, differentiated by small, colored, edible flowers. A framed guide sat beside the plate describing each cupcake flavor by flower color. A super touch and easy way for guests to choose what they wanted.
    We had Kyrsten make a special cake for our son's 21st birthday recently and will call on her again for our special occasion dessert needs.

Sent on 01/02/2017

Kyrsten's Sweet Designs's reply:

Thank you so much for the 5-star review, John! It was a pleasure working with your family!

Jessica · Married on 12/10/2016

She was absolutely wonderful to work with. She's incredibly talented and creative. Everyone raved about not only how wonderful the desserts tasted but also how beautiful the display was.

Sent on 12/23/2016

Kyrsten's Sweet Designs's reply:

Thank you for the 5-star review, Jessica! I am so glad you were pleased with the sweets display - I really enjoyed designing everything and seeing it come together at the venue. Thank you for trusting me and allowing me to have creative freedom! It was a pleasure working with you and John. Congratulations to you two! :)

Lindsay · Married on 11/19/2016

Kyrsten was amazing! From the original meeting to go over taste, design, and cost. To sending me reminders to keep on track. Then the day of was amazing. We received so many compliments on the display and the taste! We gave Kyrsten's information to friends and family for their upcoming events. Thank you!!

Sent on 12/03/2016

Kyrsten's Sweet Designs's reply:

Thank you so much for the 5-star review, Lindsay! It was a lot of fun working with you! I am so glad you had a wonderful wedding day and that you were pleased with your cake :) I look forward to working again together in the future!

Kirsten · Married on 11/12/2016

Kyrsten was an absolute rock star to work with!! When we walked into our cake consultation, she was so sweet and sincere. She truly loves what she does. The 3 cake flavors we went with were sooo good ( choc/pb, almond/raspberry buttercream, cinnamon swirl/ caramel buttercream). Her attention to detail and design is amazing as well. Our cake looked stunning and totally fit our art deco theme. She truly has a gift and is so worth using for your wedding cake dreams!

Sent on 11/23/2016

Kyrsten's Sweet Designs's reply:

Thank you so much for the 5-star review, Kirsten! Thank you for trusting me with the cake design and letting me get creative :) I'm so glad you were pleased with everything. It was a pleasure working with you and Brandon! I look forward to working together again in the future!