Kyo Morishima Photography Reviews

29 | Metuchen, NJ

29 Reviews for Kyo Morishima Photography

Kyo is an amazing photography and would recommend him to make your wedding memories exactly how you want to remember them!!

Sent on 07/05/2012
  • W

W · Married on 05/06/2011

I can't say enough wonderful things about Kyo. He was so flexible about my needs - hours needed, package creation, album design, where to meet... basically everything and anything I could ask for from a photographer, Kyo met. I could tell from my first meeting with him that he truly loved photography and had a wonderful eye to capture spontaneous moments. On the day of my wedding, Kyo arrived early and he actually stayed later than we contracted (without charging me extra) just because he wanted to continue taking pictures! Kyo was, without a doubt, one of my best wedding vendors and I was really glad to have found him.

Sent on 07/03/2012

Michelle · Married on 05/30/2010

A wedding can be a very stressful time - with planning, expenses, organization and a million other details that become the sole focus in the months leading up to the big day. After having planned my own wedding down to the very last detail, I believe that only brides can know or understand the value of a great vendor.

Photography was one of the most important elements of my wedding planning. After all, it is only through photographs that my family and I can remember the most special day of my life. Kyo & Janna Morishima are this amazing couple that run probably the most efficient photography business I have ever come across in both my professional and personal experience. In our first meeting I mentioned to Kyo that I'd like candid/natural shots of people and what I got was an astounding collection of photographs that captured all the right moments without the plasticity of posed wedding photographs. Kyo is an extremely talented photographer and his work speaks for itself. But what makes this duo above par is their involvement and willingness to make the event their own. Besides the fact that they are on point with every single detail and go out of their way to accommodate special requests they really helped create a visual story through their pictures and each time I look at the album I can be a bride in my mind all over again...

I highly recommend Kyo Morishima Photography - they are the best out there.

Sent on 10/27/2010

Phung · Married on 10/18/2009

We simply loved Kyo, even after the very first meeting at a greasy spoon in Midtown. We were set to meet at a Borders bookstore, but it was completely packed, so decided to go across the street to an eatery -- a good sign, he was flexible.

When we started talking about our vision for the wedding and our potential photography needs, he made us feel comfortable and answered all of our questions with an expert, but in a helpful way (not condescending like some of the other photogs we met earlier). He was willing to work with our needs and did not push us to get certain packages or spend more than our budget would allow, which is something that we liked very much. He just has an easy and go-with-the-flow client service manner.

Mostly we planned our photography needs with Kyo via email, and he responded well to our questions, but took a few days to get back to us. However, on the day of the wedding, he had all this energy to capture as much of the special moments as possible. We had requested Kyo's services during the middle of an entire day of ceremonies and traditional events, so by mid-day things were in a lull for us, but when he got through our door he was boundless energy and professionalism, and through the evening as well. He took portraits, action and documentary-style shots.

When we received the photos (a short 1 month after the event), we thought that the final product came out so well that we're now having a hard time choosing the wedding highlights, because every one of Kyo's photos are picture-perfect. He's managed to capture every detail of the wedding, even those that we missed - there were certainly moments of "that was at the wedding?". That's how excited and thankful we are to work with Kyo - to have him capture our special day. We highly recommend securing his services for that special moment.

Sent on 12/07/2009