Kyo Morishima Photography Reviews

29 Reviews for Kyo Morishima Photography

• U

Hannah Kronenberg · Married on 05/07/2019

Amazing Wedding Photography

Kyo photographed our wedding at Nassau Inn in Princeton NJ this June. Our experience with Kyo and his team was one of the highlights of our wedding. We don’t usually enjoy posing and being photographed but Kyo made us feel at ease and gave us very good cues. He was very excited about all our ideas for photos and walked with us all around campus for photos at all the locations we wanted. Kyo knew where to go to get the best shots at the locations we chose and was very knowledgeable about the campus. During the wedding we got pictures with all of our guests as well as of all the decor elements that we had put together.

The booking and planning process was also very easy and Janna was very helpful and responsive throughout. We highly recommend Kyo for any event!

Sent on 06/16/2019

Kyo Morishima Photography's reply:

Hannah, thank you so much for this sweet and wonderful review! You and Mateo inspire us -- and we can't not mention your beautifully creative and meaningful table decor, the llamas! SO CUTE.

Rose · Married on 09/29/2018

Truly beautiful photographs and a friendly, smooth experience!

Kyo photographed our September wedding in Philadelphia and we are so incredibly happy with how the photographs turned out. Communication was easy throughout the process and we are so impressed with Kyo's eye for detail and his ability to capture moments that were important to us. The formal family portraits were framed in front of a tree that we all had seen many times and did not consider particularly special, but in a testament to Kyo's eye and talent, it looks truly fantastic in these images! We were able to take a lot of formal family portraits quickly, which was really important to us and our parents, and Kyo was a calming presence throughout. His photos of the ceremony, cocktail hour, and dance floor are all equally beautiful. Both of our families are thrilled to have such amazing images that reflect how special the day was and all of the thought everyone put into it. We can't recommend Kyo and Janna highly enough.

Sent on 11/13/2018

Kyo Morishima Photography's reply:

You made our heart sing.
    We’re so glad you got the fantastic photos you wanted! It was so great working with you -- thank you SO much!!!

Alexis · Married on 10/28/2017

This is a very belated review from October! Kyo and his team were consummate professionals from beginning to end. He and Janna responded incredibly quickly to emails and any questions we had.

Additionally, and most importantly, Kyo is just a fantastic photographer. He captures moments in a way I haven’t seen any photographer manage. He has a beautiful eye and I truly could not have been happier with my photos.

Kyo was also just a great person to spend the day with. I am not super comfortable being photographed but his direction and suggestions were fantastic, and he’s very laid back and kind, which put me at ease instantly.

Lastly, the pricing is EXTREMELY reasonable for the very high level of quality Kyo offers. I do not think there is a better option for wedding photography in the Princeton/NJ area than Kyo!

Sent on 03/17/2018

Kyo Morishima Photography's reply:

Wow, that’s one of the best things anyone has ever said about us. We were honored to work with you and can’t thank you enough. :)

Claire · Married on 06/17/2017

We worked with Kyo and Janna for our engagement and wedding photos, and they were an absolute pleasure to work with throughout the entire process! They are both so flexible and down to earth, responsive to my questions, and took the time to get to know us from the very beginning. They guided us through what to expect in terms of timing and offered recommendations on locations for photos and logistics where I wasn't sure. On the wedding day itself, Kyo and his assistant were so laid back and positive, they really contributed to the relaxed feel we hoped our wedding day would have! And of course, the photos came out beautifully. We've got our family portraits, but we also now have an amazing record of the whole day. Definitely work with Kyo if you have the chance!

Sent on 08/11/2017

Alexandra · Married on 06/04/2017

We could not have had a more positive experience with Kyo and Janna. We loved everything about the process from the initial meeting, to the engagement session, to the day of, through all of the follow-up. Kyo and Janna were absolutely professional and responsive, but also real people with a lovely family! The photos were beautiful and covered all of our "asks" that we discussed in our first meeting and throughout. HIGHLY recommend!!

Sent on 08/17/2017

L · Married on 06/03/2017

Kyo and Janna were fabulous! They delivered gorgeous pictures and were a pleasure to work with. We wanted some portraits, but mostly documentation of the events as they actually unfolded. Kyo was great, and the photos are a true and beautiful reflection of the day. We were so happy to spend so much of our time with each other and our guests, rather than being posed, and still have a gorgeous wedding album.
    If you're looking for a photographer who will capture the natural beauty of your wedding, go with Kyo!

Sent on 08/04/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 11/11/2016

I highly recommend Kyo Morishima as a wedding photographer. He and his wife, Janna, are true professionals who made the entire photography process go by very smoothly. I am so pleased that we found them- it makes all the difference to go with a team who is as responsive, organized, and personalized as Kyo and Janna. His photographs are beautifully composed and very sophisticated.

Although he specializes in documentary style photography, he took absolutely stunning formal portraits. He also captured little, offbeat moments that will help me remember the details of the day that seemed to go by way too fast! I usually hate having my picture taken, but Kyo made me and my husband feel completely at ease and the pictures turned out beautifully. He knows the area (central and North Jersey) very well which was helpful because I did not know the Bernardsville area at all.

My family and guests have been raving about the photos. Now I can't wait to order my album!

Sent on 01/02/2017

Simone · Married on 09/24/2016

Kyo and Janna were a great couple to work with and we could not be happier with the pictures from our wedding! We were instantly attracted to Kyo based on his photography style. We wanted the candid moments our wedding to be documented, and saw Kyo's incredible talent for capturing the beauty of the setting along with the emotion of the wedding party and guests through the pictures on his website.

Kyo has a wonderful presence and we also really appreciated that he is such a great listener. We had expressed that it was super important for us to spend the majority of the time with our wedding guests rather than taking photos away from everyone else, and he made this happen! Kyo photographed wonderful shots of the two of us and with our family in a very efficient way, and before we knew it, we were back to cocktail hour. Kyo captured all of our important moments both before the wedding and through the night. He even photographed many moments we did even know had happened! It has been so fun to look through our photos since we received them- they allow us to relive our favorite night ever, and we we can’t stop scrolling through the online album!

Thank you Kyo and Janna! You were such a pleasure to work with and we hope to stay in touch!

Best wishes,
    Simone & Adam

Sent on 11/29/2016

Catherine · Married on 09/10/2016

We were extremely pleased to have Kyo and his assistant capture our wedding day! Kyo and Janna exceeded our expectations with their attention to detail and professionalism. We enjoyed working with Kyo and Janna, were pleased with our photos, and happy that we stayed within our budget! Thank you Kyo and Janna!

Sent on 02/20/2017

Lauren · Married on 08/20/2016

I cannot emphasize enough how much of a pleasure it was to work with Kyo and Janna. They both exemplify professionalism, through their interactions, responsiveness, and the quality of their work. They were extremely flexible and gave us just what we wanted out of our photos. My husband and I booked Kyo Morishima Photography for our engagement and wedding photos, and is was certainly one of the best decisions we made for the entire event. A million thanks!

Sent on 10/26/2016

Kyo and Janna were incredibly easy to work with throughout the entire planning process. Janna is fantastic at staying on top of the details and was always quick to respond to any questions or concerns. Kyo was absolutely phenomenal at the wedding. No one even noticed him or his lighting partner taking pictures. Also, my fiancé and I are not "picture people" and were not really excited about having tons of pictures taken. Kyo was quick to tell us that he was "super fast" and super fast he was! We had family and wedding party pictures over in a flash and yet they all turned out beautiful. He really did an amazing job capturing OUR day and not just another wedding. Highly recommended and professional. Was great for two people who are camera shy! (Although, I have no doubts he'd be perfect for those who are camera hungry too!)

Sent on 06/28/2016

Ali · Married on 09/26/2015

5 stars isn't enough!! My husband and I can't say enough amazing things about Kyo and Janna. From the first time we met them, they have been incredible to work with. They are not your typical wedding photographers- Kyo has an amazing eye for little details that would be surpassed by others. We did not want an "in your face" photographer nor did we want the cheesy wedding pictures we have seen at other weddings. They exceeded our expectations- we could barely tell Kyo and his partner were even at the wedding and they captured every single amazing moment of our special day. The album was the most beautiful wedding pictures I have ever seen- we couldn't be happier!!

Sent on 11/12/2015

Melissa · Married on 07/19/2014

From the very beginning working with Kyo Morishima Photography was wonderful. My husband and I felt so comfortable upon meeting them and we loved the fact that they, like us are a couple of two different nationalities, they were able to embrace and understand what exactly would be happening on the day of our wedding. Janna was so responsive and helpful with any and all questions we had before, during and after our wedding. And Kyo's laid back demeanor made us feel calm, relaxed and confident that on the day of our wedding, there would be absolutely no stress and that he would be able to capture the list of photos we wanted as well as all the candid moments we were so desperate to catch. And he did just that on the day of our wedding, he was able to capture all the right moments and even the ones we didn't know we 'needed'. Looking at our photos now, it is a perfect timeline of our day. We love them ALL!
    We hope that in the future we will be able to work with him again!

Sent on 02/18/2015

Rachel · Married on 05/18/2014

Kyo (and his wonderful wife, Janna) were absolutely amazing! Our venue recommended several photography companies in the area, and after meeting with a few, we knew that Kyo was right for us. He did a fantastic job capturing not only the family portraits we wanted, but also had a wonderful sense for taking candid photos at exactly the right moments, and in a way that captured everyone's personality perfectly. He and Janna were so responsive to all of our questions and were flexible about day-of logistics, which is a huge help to busy brides! I cannot recommend him highly enough.

Sent on 07/09/2014

Kimberley · Married on 08/18/2012

The greatest part about Kyo is that you can tell right away that he LOVES & LIVES photography. From the moment I contacted him he was more than excited to photograph our wedding. It was such a pleasure to know someone was just as excited as us to share in this special day.

Kyo has this ability to catch moments in time that nobody else sees. As I looked through my wedding photographs, they actually brought tears to my eyes. Every moment, photographed perfectly to convey the emotion at that time. I could not be happier with my photos; they are everything I dreamed of and more!

Janna, Kyo’s wife & partner is fantastic, she designed our thank you cards and I have gotten so many compliments about how gorgeous and unique they were. I’m currently working on my album with her and I cannot wait to see the finished product!

I can’t say enough great things about the both of them. They were FABULOUS and I can not wait to work with them again.

Sent on 10/25/2012
  • Y

Eileen · Married on 08/11/2012

I keep describing Kyo as a magician for his uncanny ability to catch precious split-second moments on film. We are truly thrilled with his work. And Janna does a great job of packaging the photos. He was very familiar with our NJ venue and had a great relationship with the on-site coordinator, so we could not have asked for a better experience.

Sent on 10/18/2012

Jenn · Married on 06/22/2012

consummate professionals and SO wonderful to work with!

Kyo has such an eye for capturing the moment and everyone's unique personalities! He is such a great artist and despite his amazing talent, there is no ego here. He is stress free and fun to work with, not pushy at all- a master at his craft! Kyo and his team make it all seem effortless blending in with the party, getting all the shots and moments the busy bride and groom may have missed. Wow, they pay attention and capture all the details! We couldn't be happier with the results.

And Janna, his wife and partner in crime, is behind the scenes making sure all the details are covered. She so responsive, helpful and also very talented composing the albums. Great team and as I said, HIGHLY recommend!

Sent on 08/17/2012

Jackie · Married on 09/25/2011

Kyo is awesome! We loved his style and connected with him instantly. My friends were impressed with the great shots he took. He captured all the details from our day and moments too. We had a great package that worked with our budget. Our wedding album is simply beautiful!

He is great to work with and we are very happy with the results.

Sent on 05/26/2012

Andrew · Married on 06/18/2011

My wife and I hired Kyo Morishima for our wedding photography, and it was the best decision we made in planning the event. He is an extremely talented photographer, with a unique skill for capturing moments and emotions. Every shot is unique and interesting in its own way, capturing some beautiful detail, or framed in an unexpected way. Kyo is certainly an artist.

To top it off, Kyo and his team are highly professional, flexible, and easy to work with. We feel like we got an incredible deal for getting such fine work at such a reasonable price.

Sent on 08/16/2011
  • Kathy

Kathy · Married on 06/17/2011

Kyo was amazing. I have not seen all my pictures yet, but he was so great throughout the day and we chose him because of his unique and photojournalistic approach to photography. We did not even know he was there the day of our wedding (very non intrusive) but I can say with confidence that he captured our whole day. We saw just a few shots so far and they are AMAZING!

His wife Janna who I met on our initial meeting is charming and answered all my e mails in a timely and professional manner. I am really looking forward to putting together our wedding album and seeing all the shots.

Sent on 06/28/2011
  • Meredyth

Meredyth · Married on 01/08/2011

Wow--Kyo was outstanding! I decided to choose him because the reception banquet manager spoke very highly of him. I had high expectations and I was not at all disappointed--in fact I was impressed!! Kyo was thoughtful, attentive, energetic, and fun to work with! The guests who saw his little slide show at the end of the night (this was a nice touch that a number of guests enjoyed, by the way) said the photos were extremely good.

Here is one example of Kyo's attentiveness: When we tried to get some pictures of my extended family before the reception, my grandmother was off being assisted by my aunt and she was not in the large picture of my mother’s extended family. I was impressed when, at the very end of the night, after the DJ stopped playing and people were about to start packing up, Kyo remembered and made sure to get a picture that included my grandmother. The fact that he remembered and made sure to make that happen was touching. I definitely wouldn’t have remembered about that until it was too late!
    Even though (full disclosure) I haven't seen many of the photos myself yet, I am certain they will be good.

UPDATE--Kyo posted some of the photos. Outstanding!!! Now I recommend Kyo even more highly!! <3 <3

Sent on 01/11/2011

pey · Married on 12/11/2010

We are so happy in choosing Kyo Morishima as our photography. Our wedding felt like such a whirlwind and through it all Kyo and his assistant were so kind and attentive. By the end of the day, he had a short slide show of a few pictures for our guest to enjoy. What a lovely surprise! Many of our guests were impressed and remarked to us how unobtrusive and kind Kyo was during the wedding. Yet he was able to capture so many wonderful moments. We are also delighted to work with Janna in designing our photo album. Kyo and Janna are such a darling team!

Sent on 02/23/2011

Matt · Married on 07/17/2010

We are very happy to have selected Kyo for our wedding.

He captured so many candid moments that we couldn't believe how much he exceeded expectations. Both our families are happy with his quality, professionalism and value, and my wife and I highly recommend him for your wedding or any special occasion.

Kyo was very attentive to our needs - and budget. In addition, he exercised great control, professionalism, and temperament through the entire day, which says a lot since it was a day wedding in mid-July with temperatures exceeding 90 degrees and humidity of roughly 50%.

The ironic part is that while he captured over 700 pictures, full of candid pics, priceless images, and emotional moments, he was hardly noticeable among the crowd. He successfully negotiated around and between our nearly 200 guest (Italian) wedding.

100%

Sent on 10/05/2010
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 05/25/2013

I used Kyo for both my engagement and wedding pictures and he is absolutely amazing!! He and his wife Janna work together to create a wonderful package for you, including a guest book and album. Working with Kyo and Janna was an absolute pleasure because they are so friendly, responsive, and accommodating to your requests.

Kyo is also probably the coolest person ever. He is not simply a photographer but also an artist. The way he captures light, color, and people in pictures is absolutely indescribable. Looking through his photos will show you how great his work is. Not only that, but Kyo will brave freezing cold weather and wind in Central Park if that is where you want your photos!

Overall, fantastic to work with and the photos are worth every penny. Highly highly recommend!

Sent on 06/10/2013

Gill · Married on 12/15/2012

We received a recommendation for Kyo from some good friends and had him photograph our NYC wedding in December 2012. Overall it was a great experience. We were delighted with the pictures, which captured beautiful informal shots of our families and friends, as well as a lovely romantic series of pictures of us at and right after the ceremony. Kyo has a very gentle, unobtrusive style, so we didn't feel like we spent the whole day with a camera lens in our faces, and yet he captured every important moment. He prepared very carefully, walking through the schedule of the day with us and visiting the venues beforehand to decide how to work with the light for our winter event. We felt very comfortable with him and his assistant.

Kyo's love of NYC and photo-journalistic style worked well for us as we didn't want a lot of posed, formal shots: if you do want more traditional pictures, this may not be the best place for you. Since it's a small studio and they are pretty busy, it sometimes took a while to get in touch, but overall the service was very good and both Kyo and his wife are charming to deal with.

We were happy with the price of our package compared to some of the frankly exorbitant vendors out there - Kyo and an assistant covered the whole event and gave us electronic copies of the images for $2k (we did not go for a formal album etc, which would have been much more), while our guests can buy images from the online gallery. This worked great for us.

We were very happy with the whole experience and would definitely use Kyo again or recommend him to others.

Sent on 02/10/2013