Kuyper College Reviews

11 | Grand Rapids, MI

11 Reviews for Kuyper College

Emily · Married on 06/28/2014

Kuyper College Chapel is absolutely gorgeous! Once we saw pictures of it we knew that this was exactly what we were looking for. The staff responded very quickly to all of my emails. On the day of, the host was very helpful and flexible with us as to what we could do. They accommodated all of our sound needs, and the acoustics of the chapel made our stringed quartet sound amazing. The chapel lets in so much beautiful light, we just absolutely love the pictures of our wedding ceremony.

Sent on 09/03/2014

Kathy · Married on 07/13/2013

Kuyper College was the perfect location for the wedding ceremony! The chapel is quaint and just the right size. Kelly was so helpful! She made sure everything ran smoothly. I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 08/15/2013

Jennifer · Married on 05/04/2008

Kuyper College has a beautiful little chapel that worked out perfectly for my husband and I because we got married on a Sunday... so a church was kind of out of the question. They also let us have time the night before for a rehearsal which was really nice. The best part was that we were able to decorate the chapel however we wanted and have our own musicians come in. Kuyper also provides you a with a wedding "hostess" which was also very nice and helpful. They have rooms for the bridal party to get dressed in as well. I highly recommend Kuyper! (Plus if you went/go there you get a discount)

Sent on 11/24/2008

Sarah · Married on 12/29/2006

I used Kuyper college's chapel for my ceremony, and it was exceptional. The chapel was one of the most beautiful chapels I have ever seen, and the people I worked with were great. Our facilitator even brought everyone in the wedding party bottles of water and a brunch tray for them to snack on as they were getting ready. It was really helpful, as most of us were far too busy to get breakfast. I could go on and on, but suffice it to say that I was quite impressed.

Sent on 01/08/2008
  • Sara

Sara O. · Married on 02/06/2021

Great Wedding Venue

We really enjoyed having our wedding and reception at Kuyper. The staff was helpful and the venue was beautiful!

Sent on 02/16/2021

Kuyper College's reply:

It was so good to help your wedding come true Sara and I am so happy for you and Brandon! Thank you for choosing the Vos Chapel, you made such a beautiful bride!
  • User2044219 · 2+ years ago

3.5

We fell in love with the chapel as soon as we walk in. Yes, it's smaller, but perfect for the size of our wedding. I would recommend a day time wedding here, the light that came through the window is perfect. It's inexpensive, and you can use your own pastor!! We had a hostess to work with on the day of. She has done quite a bit of weddings and were happy to give us advice when we needed help. I end up locking my dress, acessory, makeup, etc... in the dressing room the night before. They are super flexible with timing and such. The only down size is it's a campus location. So, the dressing room does not have proper seats and you'll have to walk through the hallways to get to the chapel. If you plan on having wine and beer, then this is not a good choice for you.

Sent on 06/13/2012

Lindsay · Married on 07/12/2008

everything went perfectly, although I gave less recommendations on the value and flexibility because i noticed that they charge you 700 for the rental fee, but have changed it since I signed my contract and it now states that you should also pay the sound people/coordinators on TOP of that. I felt that 700 should be all inclusive like it was when I signed on. Also flexibility they are very cooperative but have many rules, like most places do though, about things such as candles and flowers thrown in aisles.

Sent on 07/17/2008

3.8
      3.5

Kuyper is a beautiful chapel. The natural lighting and wood inside are lovely. The grounds of Kuyper also provided for some wonderful outside pictures. Parking was easy, and the facilities were well-kept. They were very flexible with decorating such as moving potted plants, using our own runner, etc. I appreciated that we were able to set up the ceremony during the rehearsal.As far as improvements, I would have appreciated more prompt responses, especially as it neared closer to the wedding date. We could have used more guidance from the wedding coordinator - we weren't sure how to coordinate the rehearsal process and any advice would have helped. We had a CD for music during the ceremony, and unfortunately the "wedding coordinator/sound technician" skipped forward and started playing our recessional, then had to quickly change it to the bride's entrance song. It did provide a moment of laughter, but I was hoping for the sound to run smoothly :) I would still recommend Kuyper, but would ask for more guidance and practice from the wedding coordinator.

Sent on 04/25/2016

3.4
      3.5

After we signed our contract they notified us that we couldn't use their catering company and would have to provide everything ourselves. They did reduce the cost some for this.

Sent on 10/30/2015

Erin V. · Married on 10/19/2019

2.6
      1.0

ZERO communication.

If you don’t need much communication this place is beautiful. I had to reach out multiple times and was most definitely not a needy bride. I had ONE question about decor. Took a couple calls/weeks to get an answer.
    We had to be about the easiest wedding ever. Zero set up. Used it a totally of maybe 4 of my 8 hours between actual wedding day and rehearsal the night before. They only had to play 3 songs that’s all I needed them for.
    Since then I have called at least 30 times in the last 2 months to try to get ahold of someone for some stuff that may or may not have been left behind that’s very important to me. I have left 10+ voicemails. I have yet to get a response from anyone. It’s been 3 months of me calling at least once a week to talk to someone.

If you need communication this beautiful chapel is NOT the place for you!

Sent on 12/20/2019

Kuyper College's reply:

Erin, I apologize for the lack of communication for your wedding day. The last thing a bride wants is not knowing the answers to her own wedding! Since your wedding, we have added another worker to our Reservations department in order to fix this. Having very little workers was the biggest thing that affected your experience, because of our workers also being full-time students, it limited our time to email/call back. Communication is something Kuyper College is very serious in keeping and we feel horrible that you didn't have the appropriate experience you deserved. With this incident, we are confident that something like this will not happen again. Again, we apologize for you and your husband for our lack of past communication.