Kurtz's Beach Reviews

111 | Pasadena, MD

111 Reviews for Kurtz's Beach

• Linda

Linda Feeley · Getting married on 03/09/2021

Thank you Kurtz Beach for the Perfect Wedding!

My husband and I can't thank Kurtz Beach and staff enough! We were absolutely delighted with the First Class treatment we received from the minute we arrived Thursday for rehearsal, Friday for the wedding, and up to the moment we departed for the evening! Ashley and John, along with their staff have Kurtz Beach services down to a science, and it was perfect in everyway. A special thank you goes to our wonderful co-ordinator, Debbie who was by our side step-by-step. She was absolutely as professional and friendly as possible. No matter what we needed, Debbie was on top of it, whether we knew we needed it or not! HAHA! She kept all of us on task, which I know isn't always easy, to help the evening run on schedule, as best as possible. Despite the size of our group, she was completely delightful at all times, as was Lyle! We loved how open and friendly he was, and greeted us and our guests with such a broad smile and willingness to assist it just made the evening all the better!
    The weather was perfect, the room was beautiful, the food was delicious and I will sing praise to everyone and anyone who is looking for a venue for any occasion! I also want to personally thank Ashley as well. From our first meeting, to all the emails back and forth for various reasons, she continued to be helpful, patient, informative and just all around awesome! Courtney is our youngest to marry, however, I hope we get to use your services again some day…. our grandchildren are growing fast… who knows!! LOL You're the best! You have so much to be proud of with your lovely venue, and I hope to encourage others to seek out your services as I know they will forever be happy! Again, thank you for everything!

Kurtz's Beach's reply:

Thank you so much Linda!! Your family became part of our family during the planning of your daughter's wedding and for that we are grateful. Congratulations again and I'm sure we'll be seeing you soon!

Debbie · Married on 06/16/2020

We had my daughter's wedding at Kurtz Beach and could not have been happier with their services. Unfortunately, Mother Nature did not cooperate and it rained. They have several back up plans and she still had her dream wedding. John, I can not thank you and your staff enough. The food and service was amazing. We had the steak and crab cakes, which were amazing. I would highly recommend this to place to brides and their families. Thank you again.

Sent on 07/04/2015

Thank You!
  • Jessica

Jessica King · Married on 05/17/2020

Family Oriented

Kurtz's Beach was extremely professional, personable, and family oriented. They were always quick to respond with any questions and went above and beyond their services to provide us the best experience. I loved how we felt like family in their presence.

Sent on 11/03/2020

Kurtz's Beach's reply:

Thank you so much Jessica & Christopher! It was our pleasure to help you in creating your special day, even if it was a few months from your original date! You are like family now, I'm sure we'll be seeing you again soon!

Crystal Mills · Married on 11/09/2019

November 2019

I just had the most beautiful evening wedding! The venue was decorated so perfect, the service, and the food was great!! Thank you to Ashley, Deb, and Lyle you guys are amazing!!

Sent on 11/23/2019

Kurtz's Beach's reply:

Thank you so much Crystal, it was our pleasure to work with you on creating this special day for you and Taylor! Stay in touch and hope to see you soon!

Lorre Remy · Married on 11/09/2019

Fantastic experience

I couldn't have imagined a nicer venue for our wedding. The staff was extremely helpful and pleasant. Our guests are still talking about how great the food was and what a beautiful site we had. I will and have recommended this venue to others.

Sent on 12/05/2019

Elizabeth Henry · Married on 10/12/2019

Our Enchanted Evening

Thanks to Kurtz’s Beach, our wedding was perfectly magical! I mostly communicated with John and Ashley - both are awesome, and respond very quick to any questions. The other team members were very professional, friendly and happy to help us every step during the planning and day of our wedding.

Our reception was in the Bay Room which is a beautiful waterfront location. I received so many compliments from our guests on the food and the venue.

So grateful we chose Kurtz’s Beach!

Sent on 11/27/2019

Jamie · Married on 10/05/2019

Best Wedding Venue Ever

I cannot express how amazing my wedding experience was at Kurtz’s Beach. From the day I picked the venue I could see how great their customer service was. Every email I sent was responded to promptly and they accommodated everything that I asked for. After several meetings and emails to plan every last detail, my big day finally came and it was the best day ever. They coordinated with all of my vendors so they knew the day of timeline and everything went on without a hitch. My day of planner was absolutely amazing and kept everything on schedule. My wedding was in August and I still have people raving about how great the food was and how nice a day it turned out to be. I can’t begin to thank them enough for how special they made my day! I toured several other venues In the area before choosing Kurtz’s and I would pick them again in a heart beat! The staff is amazing and I can’t say that enough!!!

Sent on 01/07/2020

Kurtz's Beach's reply:

Thank you Jamie for putting your trust in Kurtz's Beach to make your special day come to life. It was our pleasure and hope to see you in 2020!

Kelsey Cammarata · Married on 10/04/2019

Amazing staff and service!

Kurtz’s Beach made all my wedding dreams come true. So many great picture opportunities, great food and amazing service! I am not the best at planning or organizing and Kurtz’s beach took care of all the little details so I didn’t have to. Thank you so much for making my day so very special!!

Sent on 04/10/2020

Elisa Tyler · Married on 09/01/2019

Robin Wedding 2019

The entire staff were awesome. Ashley responded to my 100 emails. The food was good. The venue itself is beautiful. We already recommended couples. Look no further!

Kurtz's Beach's reply:

Thank you so much Elisa! It was a pleasure to help you plan this special day for you and Marcus, please stay in touch and we'll see you soon!
  • Kaylalynn

Kaylalynn · Married on 08/24/2019

Amazing love at first sight not only with the location but with John and Ashley

John and Ashley are absolutely amazing ! Cannot wait too have our special day at Kurtz's Beach. Cannot thank them enough

Sent on 03/28/2019

Kurtz's Beach's reply:

Thank you Kaylalynn!! We can't wait for August to be here and for your special day to become a reality!
  • Katie

Katie Follin · Married on 08/02/2019

The Best! Seriously

Kurtz’s Beach is an amazing venue for a multitude of special occasions & events! We were lucky enough to have our Wedding at Kurtz’s this past August & it was absolutely magical. The venue, the atmosphere, the staff, the food & everything in between was top notch & made our Wedding day that much more special! John, Ashley & their team made sure everything was perfect & went according to plan. You can tell they have been in the business for a very long time & are extremely accommodating! Everyone had such a great time & loved celebrating our big day at Kurtz’s Beach. They are the best at what they do. Hands down!

Sent on 11/25/2019

Kurtz's Beach's reply:

Thank you Katie, seriously, you're the best!! What a beautiful day you had and it was our pleasure to help you plan the perfect wedding. Stay in touch and we'll be seeing you soon!!

Ariane · Married on 07/13/2019

Wonderful venue!

My husband and I had our wedding reception at Kurtz's Beach in July and our reception was seriously so perfect at this venue- Kurtz's Beach is beyond AMAZING! The entire staff is friendly, accommodating, and caring; I felt like I was part of the family after planning our reception with Ashley and John. Ashley was always quick to respond to answer any questions I had and flexible if any changes needed to be made. John made a fantastic buffet menu that our friends and family still make comments about saying it was "the best wedding meal they've ever had." Our day-of-coordinators, Deb and Lyle, were incredible with helping our guests and making sure everything ran smoothly. All of these things, combined with the beautiful location (lots of parking too!), spacious rooms, and affordable cost, made our wedding day so special. You can't go wrong with choosing Kurtz's Beach for your wedding venue!

Sent on 12/29/2019

Kurtz's Beach's reply:

Thank you so much Ariane! You were amazing to work with as well and the partnership was truly appreciated! Happy New Year!!
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 06/29/2019

Amazing, Professional, Accommodating!

Family/welcoming atmosphere is what made me fall in love with this Venue. The beautiful water views from the bay room and wedding ceremony areas were added bonuses! The staff was super helpful and accommodating when it started to rain an hour before our wedding time. They were able to move everything indoors without being able to tell it was a last minuet decision. So glad we went with Kurtz for our wedding venue and I recommend it every chance I get!

Kurtz's Beach's reply:

Thank you so much Megan!! It was our pleasure to be a part of your special day, best wishes to you & Phil!
  • Alyssa

Alyssa Degreenia · Married on 05/10/2019

Great place, great people, great atmosphere! We loved kurtz's beach!

When we were searching for venues there was absolutely no comparison to Kurtzs and other venues in the area. Mr. John, Ashley, and staff take care of you all the way from the beginning to the end. We loved them and this place! Our guests absolutely loved it too! They couldn't stop talking about the view, dance floor, and the food!!!! I can't recommend them enough! Even after getting married there you still feel like you are a part of the Kurtz's Beach family! You will love Kurtz's Beach as they truly go above and beyond!

Sent on 01/24/2020

Kurtz's Beach's reply:

Thank You Alyssa! You and Sammy were a pleasure to work with and we know we'll be seeing you again in the coming years! Best wishes and take care!
  • Kristin

Kristin · Married on 10/25/2018

Just Like Family

Everyone at Kurtz’s was beyond accommodating. It was almost like they knew what could or would go wrong before it happened and they made sure it didn’t. They treated us as if we were part of their family and were extremely attentive. I couldn’t recommend them more! I also highly suggest springing for the dressing cottages. You won’t be disappointed!

Sent on 01/11/2019

Emma · Married on 10/06/2018

A magical night I will never forget

Our wedding at Kurtz Beach was a dream! The staff was so friendly and made you feel like you were their only customer. This was the only venue my husband and I visited because after our tour we knew it was where we wanted to be married! I wish I could do the day all over again.

Sent on 12/15/2018

Julia · Married on 09/16/2018

Truly Incredible!

Kurtz's Beach was the absolute best choice for our wedding. Regardless of the weather, the venue was stunning and being able to have the reception in the same location made it so easy. The food was next to incredible and can accommodate guests with specific dietary needs. Ashley and John were extremely helpful in assisting us to get everything planned and executed. Their professionalism, organization and kindness are unmatched. Our day of coordinators, were also amazing and if there were any hiccups, we never knew. They were so attentive and made sure that we were having a spectacular time with our friends and family. We loved every minute of this experience. I would highly recommend Kurtz's beach as a wedding venue.

Kurtz's Beach's reply:

Thank you Julia! It was our pleasure and despite the rain, I am always using your ceremony photos as an example of just how beautiful a Bay Room ceremony really is. Hope you all are well!

Shelly Maranto · Married on 09/15/2018

Perfect, just Perfect!

How can I begin to tell you how amazing Kurtz made my daughter’s wedding day? It could not have been more perfect. She wanted her wedding to be small and intimate with a ceremony on the water which was breathtaking. Her vision for her reception, Kurtz listened and saw what she wanted then perfected it. From the rustic tables and chairs, to the table setting, to the food and drink, to the wonderful staff and impeccable service, Kurtz made the impossible possible. There is nothing more we could have asked for. Every mother wants the best for their daughters wedding day, Kurtz went above and beyond. Every aspect of the evening was perfect, just perfect

Sent on 12/14/2018

Jennifer · Married on 07/28/2018

I cannot even begin to express how thankful I am that we found Kurtz's Beach for our wedding venue! I got married last Saturday and can honestly say from start to finish, Kurtz's Beach was fantastic to work with! From the second my fiance (now husband :) ) and I stepped foot out of our car, we knew this place was special. The family owned vibe is apparent in everything they do and their experience in weddings is clear throughout the process. The staff members were so supportive throughout the process and answered any questions we had along the way, as well as gave us great suggestions to make sure the big day ran as smoothly as possible. Ashley and John were our main points of contact through the planning, and they were amazing to work with. They were always friendly and responsive to our needs. The rehearsal was well organized and eased any anxiety I had prior to the wedding. Everything was taken care of and it was clear we were valued and important. Our wedding day was PERFECT and we owe so much of that to the staff at Kurtz's beach. We honestly didn't have to worry about a thing that day! From the decorations to serving us drinks and checking in with us, everything was taken care of by the staff. It was so nice to have a venue that is so inclusive of services (ceremony, reception, food, alcohol, table linens, etc..), not to mention how BEAUTIFUL the venue is! Every one of our guests commented on how beautiful the scenery was. If you're looking for an all inclusive venue with perfect views and some of the kindest staff, I definitely recommend getting married at Kurtz's Beach!

Sent on 08/03/2018

Kurtz's Beach's reply:

Thank you so much Jennifer! It was our pleasure and we hope to see you soon!! Congrats!

Kaitlyn Durst · Married on 07/07/2018

Amazing! High recommend Kurtz beach.

Highly recommend my wedding was everything I imagined! Ashley John and Debbie were a pleasure to work with! Everything was perfect.

Kurtz's Beach's reply:

Thank you Kaitlyn! You and Chris were a pleasure to work with and we are so happy that you were able to have your 7/7/18 date! Best wishes to you!
  • Kim

Kim Blades · Married on 07/07/2018

The wedding venue is beautiful with a great staff! The perfect wedding place!

The Venue is beautiful. The Food is excellent. The Service from the Wedding Coordinator of the Venue and the Venue's Personnel are outstanding. I would definitely chose from the vendor list that they recommend. Everyone told me that they had a fantastic time at the Wedding. The ballroom is beautiful and a great size especially for large Weddings. The entire venue is beautiful. I also rented both cottages and absolutely gorgeous. Highly Recommend !!

Kurtz's Beach's reply:

Thank you so much Kim for the glowing review, we certainly appreciate it! It was so much fun to be a part of your daughter's big day, 7/6/19.
  • Kiara

Kiara · Married on 06/15/2018

Guests can't stop talking about how wonderful the venue was months later

Kurtz's Beach was an amazing and affordable venue for our June wedding, and right on the water like I always wanted with the reception hall right next to it making it super easy for everyone to move around and enjoy the food inside and nature outside without much walking. Everyone involved worked as a team and was very supportive throughout the day from setting up the tables and decorations in the morning just the way YOU WANT, to getting ready, to walking down the aisle, to serving food, announcements, and packing up the cars at the end of the night. Everyone who attended still to this day brings up how wonderful the venue and ceremony turned out to be; "one of the best weddings we have ever been to!" I'd definitely recommend this place.

Sent on 12/18/2018

Megan · Married on 05/19/2018

Kurtz's Beach is the most amazing venue! The food is delicious. The place is absolutely stunning. I work primarily with Ashley and John during the planning process. They are both great and so knowledgeable. They were very patient and very quick to responding to any and all questions and concerns. The week of the wedding, which I got married on May 19, 2018, I worked closely with Lynn and I believe the other lady's name was Courtney. Again, both are great! They took care of everything! And if I had any questions, no matter the time of day (or night), Lynn was there. For the reception, they made sure everyone was taking care of. If there were any allergies from our guests, they would accommodate and made sure the person was able to enjoy everything even with food and drinks. The cottages were beautiful as well! Megan was there with us ladies the whole time and made sure we kept to the schedule and we were happy. I just can't say enough about this place and everyone who works there. I could go on and on! They even kept helping me with my bussel pretty much the whole night, which broke because my lovely new husband stepped on the back of the dress and broke the button lol My husband and I are always saying how we want an excuse to do another event there! :)

Sent on 07/08/2018
  • Kim

Kim Hammond · Married on 04/28/2018

Beautiful Venue, Awesome Staff, Excellent Service

My experience with Kurtz's Beach totally exceeded my expectations. Everyone who attended my Wedding raved about the location, the service, the organized and friendly Staff and the food. The venue is so beautiful, the food choices are great, the food itself is superior, and the Staff is beyond compare. From Day One, I worked with professional and dedicated employees who made everything so easy. I also appreciated having a couple of choices on how to handle the alcohol at the event. I would highly recommended this Venue.