Kurtz's Beach Reviews

115 | Pasadena, MD

115 Reviews for Kurtz's Beach

• Linda

Linda F. · Married on 03/09/2021

Thank you Kurtz Beach for the Perfect Wedding!

My husband and I can't thank Kurtz Beach and staff enough! We were absolutely delighted with the First Class treatment we received from the minute we arrived Thursday for rehearsal, Friday for the wedding, and up to the moment we departed for the evening! Ashley and John, along with their staff have Kurtz Beach services down to a science, and it was perfect in everyway. A special thank you goes to our wonderful co-ordinator, Debbie who was by our side step-by-step. She was absolutely as professional and friendly as possible. No matter what we needed, Debbie was on top of it, whether we knew we needed it or not! HAHA! She kept all of us on task, which I know isn't always easy, to help the evening run on schedule, as best as possible. Despite the size of our group, she was completely delightful at all times, as was Lyle! We loved how open and friendly he was, and greeted us and our guests with such a broad smile and willingness to assist it just made the evening all the better!
    The weather was perfect, the room was beautiful, the food was delicious and I will sing praise to everyone and anyone who is looking for a venue for any occasion! I also want to personally thank Ashley as well. From our first meeting, to all the emails back and forth for various reasons, she continued to be helpful, patient, informative and just all around awesome! Courtney is our youngest to marry, however, I hope we get to use your services again some day…. our grandchildren are growing fast… who knows!! LOL You're the best! You have so much to be proud of with your lovely venue, and I hope to encourage others to seek out your services as I know they will forever be happy! Again, thank you for everything!

Kurtz's Beach's reply:

Thank you so much Linda!! Your family became part of our family during the planning of your daughter's wedding and for that we are grateful. Congratulations again and I'm sure we'll be seeing you soon!

Jessica O. · Married on 12/09/2020

Amazing experience

We had an amazing experience here at Kurtz Beach. The venue was beautiful, the staff was amazing. We couldn't have picked a better place to have our wedding. Ashley and John were so much help! We loved working with them. I would recommend this venue in a heart beat!

Sent on 01/12/2021

Kurtz's Beach's reply:

Thank you Jessica! It was a pleasure to work with you and we're so happy that we could rearrange dates to make it all work this year. Best wishes in 2021!

Tracey B. · Married on 09/20/2020

Amazing Experience!

I could not have imagined having our wedding anywhere else! The staff was amazing during the process and during the event. I would recommend this venue for any event!

Sent on 01/12/2021

Kurtz's Beach's reply:

Thank you Tracey! You were a treasure to work with and probably one of our most super hero weddings to date! May you and Ryan have many blessings in 2021 and I know that we'll be seeing you all in the future. Thank you!!

Jessica B. · Married on 09/13/2020

Best Wedding Venue Ever

The moment we first visited Kurtz's Beach, we were more than happy with our decision to have our wedding there. From every visit to every email and phone call, Ashley always had an answer for us. Due to the pandemic, we had to move a lot of things around multiple times, and they were more than accommodating with every request. They even offered up suggestions to help make our decisions easier. We ended up having a completely outdoor wedding, and it turned out to be a perfect evening for it. From the food, to the amazing friendly staff they have working there, Kurtz's Beach really knows how to cater to your every need. Also, the view is incredible, which made for great pictures. We got married on September 5, 2020. Ashley, John, Deb and all of the staff are simply amazing. I highly recommend Kurt's Beach for any event.

Sent on 01/13/2021

Kurtz's Beach's reply:

Thank you Jessica! You and Sean were very patient through the process with us as we navigated our way through 2020. We're thankful that we were able to host this event, in a safe manner, and you could still have the wedding that you had envisioned. Thank you for the kind words and hope to see you again soon!
  • Sorena

Sorena E. · Married on 08/20/2020

Wonderful Experience

I had my wedding at this venue during the pandemic. I was very pleased with how responsive and informative John and Ashley were throughout the entire process. John and Ashley make you feel like family and ensures that your needs are met from start to finish. I loved having my wedding at this venue and if I had to do it all over again I would choose Kurtz. The pricing was very reasonable and everything is included from tables, chairs, table cloths, china, etc. I really liked the packages available and I was very aware of all the fees upfront. My decor lady made the ceremony and reception look beautiful and being by the water was my favorite part about the venue. This venue is very spacious and will accommodate a huge wedding. You will not be disappointed with having your ceremony and reception at this location. It was stress-free, professional, and we had lots of fun.

Sent on 01/14/2021

Kurtz's Beach's reply:

Thank you Sorena! We were thankful to be a part of your special day and to help you plan through the pandemic. Your decor was outstanding and certainly one to remember! Best wishes and see you soon!

Debbie · Married on 06/16/2020

We had my daughter's wedding at Kurtz Beach and could not have been happier with their services. Unfortunately, Mother Nature did not cooperate and it rained. They have several back up plans and she still had her dream wedding. John, I can not thank you and your staff enough. The food and service was amazing. We had the steak and crab cakes, which were amazing. I would highly recommend this to place to brides and their families. Thank you again.

Sent on 07/04/2015

Thank You!
  • Jessica

Jessica K. · Married on 05/17/2020

Family Oriented

Kurtz's Beach was extremely professional, personable, and family oriented. They were always quick to respond with any questions and went above and beyond their services to provide us the best experience. I loved how we felt like family in their presence.

Sent on 11/03/2020

Kurtz's Beach's reply:

Thank you so much Jessica & Christopher! It was our pleasure to help you in creating your special day, even if it was a few months from your original date! You are like family now, I'm sure we'll be seeing you again soon!

Crystal M. · Married on 11/09/2019

November 2019

I just had the most beautiful evening wedding! The venue was decorated so perfect, the service, and the food was great!! Thank you to Ashley, Deb, and Lyle you guys are amazing!!

Sent on 11/23/2019

Kurtz's Beach's reply:

Thank you so much Crystal, it was our pleasure to work with you on creating this special day for you and Taylor! Stay in touch and hope to see you soon!

Lorre R. · Married on 11/09/2019

Fantastic experience

I couldn't have imagined a nicer venue for our wedding. The staff was extremely helpful and pleasant. Our guests are still talking about how great the food was and what a beautiful site we had. I will and have recommended this venue to others.

Sent on 12/05/2019

Elizabeth H. · Married on 10/12/2019

Our Enchanted Evening

Thanks to Kurtz’s Beach, our wedding was perfectly magical! I mostly communicated with John and Ashley - both are awesome, and respond very quick to any questions. The other team members were very professional, friendly and happy to help us every step during the planning and day of our wedding.

Our reception was in the Bay Room which is a beautiful waterfront location. I received so many compliments from our guests on the food and the venue.

So grateful we chose Kurtz’s Beach!

Sent on 11/27/2019

Jamie · Married on 10/05/2019

Best Wedding Venue Ever

I cannot express how amazing my wedding experience was at Kurtz’s Beach. From the day I picked the venue I could see how great their customer service was. Every email I sent was responded to promptly and they accommodated everything that I asked for. After several meetings and emails to plan every last detail, my big day finally came and it was the best day ever. They coordinated with all of my vendors so they knew the day of timeline and everything went on without a hitch. My day of planner was absolutely amazing and kept everything on schedule. My wedding was in August and I still have people raving about how great the food was and how nice a day it turned out to be. I can’t begin to thank them enough for how special they made my day! I toured several other venues In the area before choosing Kurtz’s and I would pick them again in a heart beat! The staff is amazing and I can’t say that enough!!!

Sent on 01/07/2020

Kurtz's Beach's reply:

Thank you Jamie for putting your trust in Kurtz's Beach to make your special day come to life. It was our pleasure and hope to see you in 2020!

Kelsey C. · Married on 10/04/2019

Amazing staff and service!

Kurtz’s Beach made all my wedding dreams come true. So many great picture opportunities, great food and amazing service! I am not the best at planning or organizing and Kurtz’s beach took care of all the little details so I didn’t have to. Thank you so much for making my day so very special!!

Sent on 04/10/2020

Elisa T. · Married on 09/01/2019

Robin Wedding 2019

The entire staff were awesome. Ashley responded to my 100 emails. The food was good. The venue itself is beautiful. We already recommended couples. Look no further!

Kurtz's Beach's reply:

Thank you so much Elisa! It was a pleasure to help you plan this special day for you and Marcus, please stay in touch and we'll see you soon!
  • Kaylalynn

Kaylalynn · Married on 08/24/2019

Amazing love at first sight not only with the location but with John and Ashley

John and Ashley are absolutely amazing ! Cannot wait too have our special day at Kurtz's Beach. Cannot thank them enough

Sent on 03/28/2019

Kurtz's Beach's reply:

Thank you Kaylalynn!! We can't wait for August to be here and for your special day to become a reality!
  • Katie

Katie F. · Married on 08/02/2019

The Best! Seriously

Kurtz’s Beach is an amazing venue for a multitude of special occasions & events! We were lucky enough to have our Wedding at Kurtz’s this past August & it was absolutely magical. The venue, the atmosphere, the staff, the food & everything in between was top notch & made our Wedding day that much more special! John, Ashley & their team made sure everything was perfect & went according to plan. You can tell they have been in the business for a very long time & are extremely accommodating! Everyone had such a great time & loved celebrating our big day at Kurtz’s Beach. They are the best at what they do. Hands down!

Sent on 11/25/2019

Kurtz's Beach's reply:

Thank you Katie, seriously, you're the best!! What a beautiful day you had and it was our pleasure to help you plan the perfect wedding. Stay in touch and we'll be seeing you soon!!

Ariane · Married on 07/13/2019

Wonderful venue!

My husband and I had our wedding reception at Kurtz's Beach in July and our reception was seriously so perfect at this venue- Kurtz's Beach is beyond AMAZING! The entire staff is friendly, accommodating, and caring; I felt like I was part of the family after planning our reception with Ashley and John. Ashley was always quick to respond to answer any questions I had and flexible if any changes needed to be made. John made a fantastic buffet menu that our friends and family still make comments about saying it was "the best wedding meal they've ever had." Our day-of-coordinators, Deb and Lyle, were incredible with helping our guests and making sure everything ran smoothly. All of these things, combined with the beautiful location (lots of parking too!), spacious rooms, and affordable cost, made our wedding day so special. You can't go wrong with choosing Kurtz's Beach for your wedding venue!

Sent on 12/29/2019

Kurtz's Beach's reply:

Thank you so much Ariane! You were amazing to work with as well and the partnership was truly appreciated! Happy New Year!!
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 06/29/2019

Amazing, Professional, Accommodating!

Family/welcoming atmosphere is what made me fall in love with this Venue. The beautiful water views from the bay room and wedding ceremony areas were added bonuses! The staff was super helpful and accommodating when it started to rain an hour before our wedding time. They were able to move everything indoors without being able to tell it was a last minuet decision. So glad we went with Kurtz for our wedding venue and I recommend it every chance I get!

Kurtz's Beach's reply:

Thank you so much Megan!! It was our pleasure to be a part of your special day, best wishes to you & Phil!
  • Alyssa

Alyssa D. · Married on 05/10/2019

Great place, great people, great atmosphere! We loved kurtz's beach!

When we were searching for venues there was absolutely no comparison to Kurtzs and other venues in the area. Mr. John, Ashley, and staff take care of you all the way from the beginning to the end. We loved them and this place! Our guests absolutely loved it too! They couldn't stop talking about the view, dance floor, and the food!!!! I can't recommend them enough! Even after getting married there you still feel like you are a part of the Kurtz's Beach family! You will love Kurtz's Beach as they truly go above and beyond!

Sent on 01/24/2020

Kurtz's Beach's reply:

Thank You Alyssa! You and Sammy were a pleasure to work with and we know we'll be seeing you again in the coming years! Best wishes and take care!
  • Kristin

Kristin · Married on 10/25/2018

Just Like Family

Everyone at Kurtz’s was beyond accommodating. It was almost like they knew what could or would go wrong before it happened and they made sure it didn’t. They treated us as if we were part of their family and were extremely attentive. I couldn’t recommend them more! I also highly suggest springing for the dressing cottages. You won’t be disappointed!

Sent on 01/11/2019

Emma · Married on 10/06/2018

A magical night I will never forget

Our wedding at Kurtz Beach was a dream! The staff was so friendly and made you feel like you were their only customer. This was the only venue my husband and I visited because after our tour we knew it was where we wanted to be married! I wish I could do the day all over again.

Sent on 12/15/2018

Julia · Married on 09/16/2018

Truly Incredible!

Kurtz's Beach was the absolute best choice for our wedding. Regardless of the weather, the venue was stunning and being able to have the reception in the same location made it so easy. The food was next to incredible and can accommodate guests with specific dietary needs. Ashley and John were extremely helpful in assisting us to get everything planned and executed. Their professionalism, organization and kindness are unmatched. Our day of coordinators, were also amazing and if there were any hiccups, we never knew. They were so attentive and made sure that we were having a spectacular time with our friends and family. We loved every minute of this experience. I would highly recommend Kurtz's beach as a wedding venue.

Sent on 12/13/2018

Kurtz's Beach's reply:

Thank you Julia! It was our pleasure and despite the rain, I am always using your ceremony photos as an example of just how beautiful a Bay Room ceremony really is. Hope you all are well!

Shelly M. · Married on 09/15/2018

Perfect, just Perfect!

How can I begin to tell you how amazing Kurtz made my daughter’s wedding day? It could not have been more perfect. She wanted her wedding to be small and intimate with a ceremony on the water which was breathtaking. Her vision for her reception, Kurtz listened and saw what she wanted then perfected it. From the rustic tables and chairs, to the table setting, to the food and drink, to the wonderful staff and impeccable service, Kurtz made the impossible possible. There is nothing more we could have asked for. Every mother wants the best for their daughters wedding day, Kurtz went above and beyond. Every aspect of the evening was perfect, just perfect

Sent on 12/14/2018

Jennifer · Married on 07/28/2018

I cannot even begin to express how thankful I am that we found Kurtz's Beach for our wedding venue! I got married last Saturday and can honestly say from start to finish, Kurtz's Beach was fantastic to work with! From the second my fiance (now husband :) ) and I stepped foot out of our car, we knew this place was special. The family owned vibe is apparent in everything they do and their experience in weddings is clear throughout the process. The staff members were so supportive throughout the process and answered any questions we had along the way, as well as gave us great suggestions to make sure the big day ran as smoothly as possible. Ashley and John were our main points of contact through the planning, and they were amazing to work with. They were always friendly and responsive to our needs. The rehearsal was well organized and eased any anxiety I had prior to the wedding. Everything was taken care of and it was clear we were valued and important. Our wedding day was PERFECT and we owe so much of that to the staff at Kurtz's beach. We honestly didn't have to worry about a thing that day! From the decorations to serving us drinks and checking in with us, everything was taken care of by the staff. It was so nice to have a venue that is so inclusive of services (ceremony, reception, food, alcohol, table linens, etc..), not to mention how BEAUTIFUL the venue is! Every one of our guests commented on how beautiful the scenery was. If you're looking for an all inclusive venue with perfect views and some of the kindest staff, I definitely recommend getting married at Kurtz's Beach!

Sent on 08/03/2018

Kurtz's Beach's reply:

Thank you so much Jennifer! It was our pleasure and we hope to see you soon!! Congrats!

Kaitlyn D. · Married on 07/07/2018

Amazing! High recommend Kurtz beach.

Highly recommend my wedding was everything I imagined! Ashley John and Debbie were a pleasure to work with! Everything was perfect.

Sent on 12/13/2018

Kurtz's Beach's reply:

Thank you Kaitlyn! You and Chris were a pleasure to work with and we are so happy that you were able to have your 7/7/18 date! Best wishes to you!