Kurtz's Beach Reviews

87 | Pasadena, MD

87 Reviews for Kurtz's Beach

87 Kurtz's Beach Reviews

Debbie · Getting married on 06/16/2020

We had my daughter's wedding at Kurtz Beach and could not have been happier with their services. Unfortunately, Mother Nature did not cooperate and it rained. They have several back up plans and she still had her dream wedding. John, I can not thank you and your staff enough. The food and service was amazing. We had the steak and crab cakes, which were amazing. I would highly recommend this to place to brides and their families. Thank you again.

Sent on 07/04/2015

Thank You!

Megan · Married on 05/19/2018

Kurtz's Beach is the most amazing venue! The food is delicious. The place is absolutely stunning. I work primarily with Ashley and John during the planning process. They are both great and so knowledgeable. They were very patient and very quick to responding to any and all questions and concerns. The week of the wedding, which I got married on May 19, 2018, I worked closely with Lynn and I believe the other lady's name was Courtney. Again, both are great! They took care of everything! And if I had any questions, no matter the time of day (or night), Lynn was there. For the reception, they made sure everyone was taking care of. If there were any allergies from our guests, they would accommodate and made sure the person was able to enjoy everything even with food and drinks. The cottages were beautiful as well! Megan was there with us ladies the whole time and made sure we kept to the schedule and we were happy. I just can't say enough about this place and everyone who works there. I could go on and on! They even kept helping me with my bussel pretty much the whole night, which broke because my lovely new husband stepped on the back of the dress and broke the button lol My husband and I are always saying how we want an excuse to do another event there! :)

Carissa · Married on 11/04/2017

Our reception at Kurtz's Beach was simply the best! Everyone was super accommating from changing the preset menu all the way from hand selecting gold candles to place at each guest table. Ashley, Jon, and Lynn were fantastic. They felt like family and were determined to make our special day perfect. I can't say thank you enough to them. We picked Kurtz's for its quaint location with great views of the water. We wanted the freedom of being able to move in and outside of the venue depending on the fall weather. This worked out perfectly for us! Not only was the water beautiful, but the landscape around Kurtz's was as well. Overall, we had a 5 star experience with Kurtz's and would highly recommend them.

Sent on 12/31/2017
    Kurtz's Beach 3

Kurtz's Beach's reply:

Thank you Carissa, we enjoyed working with you & Eric!

kris · Married on 10/14/2017

Can't say enough good things about Kurtz's Beach!
    Our event was wonderful thanks to the staff. Great group!

Thank you Kris!

Rachael · Married on 09/03/2017

Our wedding was perfect and if there were any hiccups, we didn't know about it. From the moment we engaged with Ashley, she was welcoming, responsive, professional, organized, thoughtful and truly made this experience for us stress-free and seamless. We immediately connected with John during our final consult and he was very accommodating for our guests that had dietary requirements. The food turned out fantastic and we received so many compliments on the food, the venue and the staff. Our guests were delighted and had a fantastic time. Our wedding day coordinator, Lynn, was on top of everything and she kept us to our schedule with ease and made sure we were having a great time! Our ceremony next to the Bay was the perfect backdrop and the setting was so intimate and special. The convenience of having our reception in the same space too was key! Our wedding was more perfect then we could've ever imaged. We would highly recommend Kurtz's as a perfect place to have a wedding.

Sent on 10/22/2017
    Kurtz's Beach 4
    Kurtz's Beach 5

Kurtz's Beach's reply:

Thank you Rachael! We are so happy for you and Thomas and hope you stay in touch. Best wishes!!

Pilar · Married on 08/19/2017

My Husband Rick and I got married at Kurt'z Beach last August. John and Ashley were there in every step since the very beginning. The price were very reasonable, you won't find a better service anywhere. A friend of mind told me to be patient and to think that sometimes no everything can be the way I wanted. Well, let me tell you, everything went the way I wanted !!!! We had a beautiful water front wedding. We really loved it, the service and the organization were first class. Our guest enjoyed and some of them described our wedding like the best one they were into !
    Thank you so much John, Ashley, also Lynn and Courtney for everything.
    Do not look anywhere else, believe me, you won't find a better place !

Sent on 12/11/2017
    Kurtz's Beach 6
    Kurtz's Beach 7
    Kurtz's Beach 8
    Kurtz's Beach 9

Kurtz's Beach's reply:

Thank you Pilar & Rick! Best wishes to you both in the new year, and thank you for the photos!!

Libby · Married on 07/22/2017

Amazing service and super flexible where they can be. Highly recommend if a waterfront wedding/reception is what you are looking for. You can’t beat their prices either for a similar service! The photos don’t do justice to the balcony, and there is also a beautiful fire place and a cozy enterence room and a garden and playground outside

Kurtz's Beach 10
    Kurtz's Beach 11
    Kurtz's Beach 12
    Kurtz's Beach 13
    Kurtz's Beach 14
    Kurtz's Beach 15
    Kurtz's Beach 16

Kurtz's Beach's reply:

Thank you Libby!! And for the pictures also, they are beautiful!

J · Married on 06/03/2017

So glad Kurtz's was chosen to hold our daughter's June 3 wedding. Every step along the way was handled with professionalism. John & Ashley answered every question and made good suggestions. Lynn was in a word Awesome! She is caring, knowledgeable, professional and we knew we were in good hands. Courtney was fabulous at dealing with the wedding party especially the junior bridesmaid!!! The ceremony started on time and all went well. I cant say enough about these ladies and John and Ashley! Someone always has a wedding horror story but I couldn't find one thing that went wrong the entire day!! Thank you all!

Sent on 06/05/2017

Kurtz's Beach's reply:

Thank you so much Jane, it was our pleasure!!
  • F

Fran · Married on 06/02/2017

Not only is the venue beautiful but, I cannot say enough about the staff. John, Ashley, Courtney and Lynn were just top notch and on top of every little detail. It made my day so much easier.
    I cannot thank them enough for making our wedding perfect!
    You will not be disappointed with this venue.
    From start to finish I saw nothing but true professionalism!

Sent on 06/05/2017

Kurtz's Beach's reply:

Thank you Fran!! Best wishes to you and Joe!

Brian · Married on 05/28/2017

Very helpful team who worked very well with us to make our wedding everything we wanted it to be. They were incredibly flexible with our schedule and the wedding day services kept our wedding on track so that we didn't have to worry about anything day of. Highly recommend this beautiful venue!

Corine · Married on 05/27/2017

I absolutely loved everything about this venue! The staff was so friendly and helpful! Anything I needed I emailed, called or texted and they immediately responded! The venue and decor is beautiful. I couldn't of asked for anything else!

Sent on 05/30/2017

Kurtz's Beach's reply:

Thank you so much Corine! We enjoyed working with you and Cody and wish you all the best!

Jessica · Married on 05/20/2017

All of the staff at Kurtz's exceeded our expectations in making sure our wedding day was everything we wanted! John and Ashley were both great to work with. John was friendly and very informative when giving us a tour of the venue and it was easy to tell how passionate he is about what he does! Ashley was always quick to respond to all of our emails and was great at providing information regarding all of our questions/ requests. She really went above and beyond to make sure our wedding day turned out better than what we had ever imagined! The coordinators for the wedding day were very helpful, as well. During rehearsal, they made sure the bridal party was well prepared for the big day. The food was amazing and all of the wait staff/ bartenders were very professional. The staff is very accommodating and flexible. The venue alone is beautiful but the staff made the whole experience very enjoyable. The whole team did an outstanding job and my husband and I were very pleased with how smoothly everything went that night. I would highly reccommend this venue!

Kurtz's Beach's reply:

Thank you Jessica!! Your kind words are greatly appreciated;)

Nicki · Married on 05/13/2017

My husband and I got married at Kurtz’s Beach 5/13/17. They were phenomenal. From the very first meeting with John before booking to the end of our wedding night, I can’t speak higher of a venue. They handled every aspect like a well oiled machine and took care of so many aspects that other venues would leave up to the bride and groom to work out. Given the opportunity to do it all over again I would choose them again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 06/09/2018
    Kurtz's Beach 17
    Kurtz's Beach 18

Kurtz's Beach's reply:

Thank you Nicki!! Hope you all are doing well!!

Brandi · Married on 08/20/2016

I got married at Kurtz's Beach this past Saturday (8/20/2016) and I can not believe how great it turned out. My wedding had around 130 people in attendance and not one person left without a smile on their face. The food, decorations, staff, location & service were beyond what I ever imagined.
    I received so many compliments on the venue and so many people told me my wedding was one of the most beautiful and well put together weddings they have ever attended. I can not thank John, Ashley, and Donna and everyone else that helped enough!!
    Everyone told me "At least 1 thing will go wrong on your wedding day." and I can honestly say that nothing went wrong and it was all because of them! I will always recommend Kurtz's Beach to anyone that's getting married :)
    PS - Be sure to get the Bridal Cottage, it is amazing. TRUST ME!

Sent on 08/24/2016

Kurtz's Beach's reply:

Thank you Brandi, that was so kind of you!! It was our pleasure :)

Joseph · Married on 07/24/2016

Put Kurtz's Beach on your list and give them serious consideration. For the money you can't beat Kurtz's Beach. I am very needy. Each time I had a concern they responded so professionally that I knew I had nothing to worry about. Our wedding went so well. It was the best day of our lives and we have no regrets choosing Kurtz's Beach. It's run by owners that take great pride in their business and it's reputation. The owners have hired phenomenal staff. I couldn't recommend them more highly.

Elizabeth · Married on 06/26/2016

Kurt'z Beach was fabulous for our wedding in June 2016! John and his team were wonderful and truly a pleasure to work with on our special day. John was very responsive leading up to the wedding and really got to know us as a couple. We are so grateful to Kurtz's Beach for providing us the PERFECT spot for our **delicious** Sunday brunch wedding. John even helped my husband and I mitigate family drama - what a relief! Kurtz's is family-owned and run and you can really feel that when you walk in the door. I cannot say enough wonderful things about Kurtz's Beach!! We will forever hold a place in our hearts for John and the team for making our day even more remarkable!

Sent on 02/12/2017

Kurtz's Beach's reply:

Hi Elizabeth, Thank you so much for the kind words, we greatly appreciate it!! Best Wishes to you and Josh!

Mary · Married on 06/25/2016

Kurtz Beach was absolutely amazing! The venue is beautiful & we were lucky enough to have our ceremony on the patio facing the Chesapeake Bay. There's a lot of outdoor space with an outdoor fireplace & beautiful landscaping. Our pictures were gorgeous! The staff was extremely helpful, kind, & professional. They did everything they could to make our day special. I was
    not stressed at all because they were on top of everything. The owner & staff are very family oriented & made us feel so welcomed. I'm so happy & blessed we got married at Kurtz Beach!
    - Mary & Joey Nocera

Sent on 07/24/2016

Kurtz's Beach's reply:

Thank you so much Mary & Joey, it was our pleasure to work with you!

Robin · Married on 06/11/2016

I would use Kurtz's Beach for any event! They were awesome to work with. They answered questions quickly and once we hit our final meeting with them we turned everything over to them to deal with. I would highly recommend them. The food was great, the staff were superb, and the day of mangers were spot on and kept the flow going! The value of services for the location with more than worth the cost! The cost is mostly inclusive, they have decor they allow you to use which it great for the budget friendly bride! A lot of items are included in the price from we got our linens, decorations (we added a little something), table settings, tables, chairs, and open bar were included in our PP price. We also had the wedding there for a small additional cost and rented out the bridal cottage for an additional charge. Both were more that worth the extra cost! I would highly recommend them for your wedding. They are worth the drive to check out.

Sent on 06/20/2016

Kurtz's Beach's reply:

Thank you Robin for the kind words, we greatly appreciate it!

Jennifer · Married on 05/29/2016

From the moment we went for our initial tour of the venue, we immediately felt the warmth of this family owned and operated business! We booked the outside venue for our May 29, 2016 wedding and "PERFECT" is an understatement! From the moment we booked, John Mason and Ashley Mason were accessible and eager to help with all of my questions and concerns. We booked The Bridal Cottage (A MUST!!) for the day of the wedding, it the grounds there were breathtaking! Ashley met us as soon as we pulled up and was right there the entire time, helping...pinning....steaming...and keeping us on track without ever being pushy. I loved her!!! The grounds were perfectly manicured, the staff was incredible and I can't tell you how many people came up to us, and told us it was THE BEST wedding that they had ever been to!! Thank you Kurtz Beach for your help in making out wedding day, a dream come true! ??

M. O. · Married on 03/05/2016

John and his staff provided an absolutely magical wedding for my daughter! The attentive staff was on top of every need ( love Ms. Donna ) . The food was outstanding and plentiful, the vegans loved their dish, The new decor in the hall was breathtaking . My wife and I cannot thank you enough. I highly and readily recommend kurtzes to anyone who want that special time to become that extra special time!

Sent on 03/08/2016

Kurtz's Beach's reply:

Thank You ,, It was our pleasure!

Holly · Married on 09/26/2015

Was a beautiful location right on the water, it made for a perfect outdoor ceremony. The staff was amazing and very organized. Everything was timed and went smoothly. We enjoyed having our ceremony and reception here and would not have changed a thing other than maybe gettin a extra hour.

Sent on 11/12/2015

Thank You !

Steven · Married on 07/25/2015

Our daughter and her fiancé wanted a Chesapeake wedding, and after looking at several sites, we chose Kurtz's Beach. It's not the easiest place to get to, but the location--right on the shore of the Chesapeake Bay--was perfect for us, and the staff couldn't have been easier to work with. Their planning and preparations were first rate, their execution was flawless, and the facility delivered everything we'd hoped for. The variety and quality of food and drink during the reception--it was a morning wedding--exceeded our expectations. All in all, Kurtz's Beach proved to be an extraordinary value. (The Bride's Cottage turned out to be well worth its $500 cost, too.)

Sent on 08/02/2015

Thank You !

We had a morning wedding at Kurtz's Beach, and had a perfect experience. We received many compliments from the guests on the attractiveness of the venue, the execution of the ceremony, and the quality of the food (we did brunch-- Kurtz's bartender does a fantastic Bloody Mary; tip: if you request Bloody Mary's specifically as part of your menu, the bartender can make the base in bulk from fresh ingredients rather than relying on a store-bought mix!). We also used the Bridal Cottage to get ready before the ceremony, and loved the relaxing atmosphere and supportive staff-- having the extra time and space to prepare for the wedding was incredibly valuable, and we both were glad we had opted to rent the cottage.

We didn't really have many strong opinions about what we wanted our wedding to be like, and the Kurtz's staff were patient and helpful with suggesting different kinds of options (including recommending a great local baker and local florist). All of Kurtz's Beach's suggestions seem to have worked beautifully: several of our friends remarked on how "authentic" the wedding seemed, based on knowing our personalities. In addition, my spouse and I come from different cultures, and the staff at Kurtz's were very happy to help us find ways to incorporate small nods to both of our backgrounds into the wedding, such as in the food options. We wanted a wedding that would be enjoyable for our guests (several of whom had traveled internationally just to attend our ceremony, so we really wanted to treat them well!), reasonably low-stress for us, and would give all of us good memories for the future. Kurtz's delivered exactly that. Thank you so much!

Sent on 08/16/2015

Thank You!

I absolutely LOVE this venue. My wedding was June 27th, 2015 and I was heartbroken when we had a torrential downpour the entire day and my ceremony was originally suppose to take place outside overlooking the water. When I showed up, I saw how incredibly gorgeous the inside looked and gave the ok to have the ceremony inside. It was still beautiful, service was great and there were 2 bars open with no lines. The only change I would have made is to get an extra hour to have more time to enjoy it. I feel like it went by so fast! Thanks for everything John! You really helped me feel at ease, even when I was freaking out about the rain!