Kurtz's Beach Reviews

Kurtz's Beach 5
Kurtz's Beach 6
Kurtz's Beach 7

Debbie · Getting married on 06/16/2020

We had my daughter's wedding at Kurtz Beach and could not have been happier with their services. Unfortunately, Mother Nature did not cooperate and it rained. They have several back up plans and she still had her dream wedding. John, I can not thank you and your staff enough. The food and service was amazing. We had the steak and crab cakes, which were amazing. I would highly recommend this to place to brides and their families. Thank you again.

Sent on 07/04/2015

Thank You!
  • Kristin

Kristin · Married on 10/25/2018

Just Like Family

Everyone at Kurtz’s was beyond accommodating. It was almost like they knew what could or would go wrong before it happened and they made sure it didn’t. They treated us as if we were part of their family and were extremely attentive. I couldn’t recommend them more! I also highly suggest springing for the dressing cottages. You won’t be disappointed!

Kurtz's Beach 8
    Kurtz's Beach 13
    Kurtz's Beach 14
    Kurtz's Beach 15

Emma · Married on 10/06/2018

A magical night I will never forget

Our wedding at Kurtz Beach was a dream! The staff was so friendly and made you feel like you were their only customer. This was the only venue my husband and I visited because after our tour we knew it was where we wanted to be married! I wish I could do the day all over again.

Kurtz's Beach 16
    Kurtz's Beach 17

Julia · Married on 09/16/2018

Truly Incredible!

Kurtz's Beach was the absolute best choice for our wedding. Regardless of the weather, the venue was stunning and being able to have the reception in the same location made it so easy. The food was next to incredible and can accommodate guests with specific dietary needs. Ashley and John were extremely helpful in assisting us to get everything planned and executed. Their professionalism, organization and kindness are unmatched. Our day of coordinators, were also amazing and if there were any hiccups, we never knew. They were so attentive and made sure that we were having a spectacular time with our friends and family. We loved every minute of this experience. I would highly recommend Kurtz's beach as a wedding venue.

Sent on 12/13/2018
    Kurtz's Beach 18
    Kurtz's Beach 19

Kurtz's Beach's reply:

Thank you Julia! It was our pleasure and despite the rain, I am always using your ceremony photos as an example of just how beautiful a Bay Room ceremony really is. Hope you all are well!

Shelly Maranto · Married on 09/15/2018

Perfect, just Perfect!

How can I begin to tell you how amazing Kurtz made my daughter’s wedding day? It could not have been more perfect. She wanted her wedding to be small and intimate with a ceremony on the water which was breathtaking. Her vision for her reception, Kurtz listened and saw what she wanted then perfected it. From the rustic tables and chairs, to the table setting, to the food and drink, to the wonderful staff and impeccable service, Kurtz made the impossible possible. There is nothing more we could have asked for. Every mother wants the best for their daughters wedding day, Kurtz went above and beyond. Every aspect of the evening was perfect, just perfect

Kurtz's Beach 20
    Kurtz's Beach 21
    Kurtz's Beach 22

Jennifer · Married on 07/28/2018

I cannot even begin to express how thankful I am that we found Kurtz's Beach for our wedding venue! I got married last Saturday and can honestly say from start to finish, Kurtz's Beach was fantastic to work with! From the second my fiance (now husband :) ) and I stepped foot out of our car, we knew this place was special. The family owned vibe is apparent in everything they do and their experience in weddings is clear throughout the process. The staff members were so supportive throughout the process and answered any questions we had along the way, as well as gave us great suggestions to make sure the big day ran as smoothly as possible. Ashley and John were our main points of contact through the planning, and they were amazing to work with. They were always friendly and responsive to our needs. The rehearsal was well organized and eased any anxiety I had prior to the wedding. Everything was taken care of and it was clear we were valued and important. Our wedding day was PERFECT and we owe so much of that to the staff at Kurtz's beach. We honestly didn't have to worry about a thing that day! From the decorations to serving us drinks and checking in with us, everything was taken care of by the staff. It was so nice to have a venue that is so inclusive of services (ceremony, reception, food, alcohol, table linens, etc..), not to mention how BEAUTIFUL the venue is! Every one of our guests commented on how beautiful the scenery was. If you're looking for an all inclusive venue with perfect views and some of the kindest staff, I definitely recommend getting married at Kurtz's Beach!

Sent on 08/03/2018
    Kurtz's Beach 23
    Kurtz's Beach 24

Kurtz's Beach's reply:

Thank you so much Jennifer! It was our pleasure and we hope to see you soon!! Congrats!

Kaitlyn Durst · Married on 07/07/2018

Amazing! High recommend Kurtz beach.

Highly recommend my wedding was everything I imagined! Ashley John and Debbie were a pleasure to work with! Everything was perfect.

Sent on 12/13/2018

Kurtz's Beach's reply:

Thank you Kaitlyn! You and Chris were a pleasure to work with and we are so happy that you were able to have your 7/7/18 date! Best wishes to you!
  • Kiara

Kiara · Married on 06/15/2018

Guests can't stop talking about how wonderful the venue was months later

Kurtz's Beach was an amazing and affordable venue for our June wedding, and right on the water like I always wanted with the reception hall right next to it making it super easy for everyone to move around and enjoy the food inside and nature outside without much walking. Everyone involved worked as a team and was very supportive throughout the day from setting up the tables and decorations in the morning just the way YOU WANT, to getting ready, to walking down the aisle, to serving food, announcements, and packing up the cars at the end of the night. Everyone who attended still to this day brings up how wonderful the venue and ceremony turned out to be; "one of the best weddings we have ever been to!" I'd definitely recommend this place.

Kurtz's Beach 25
    Kurtz's Beach 36
    Kurtz's Beach 37
    Kurtz's Beach 38

Megan · Married on 05/19/2018

Kurtz's Beach is the most amazing venue! The food is delicious. The place is absolutely stunning. I work primarily with Ashley and John during the planning process. They are both great and so knowledgeable. They were very patient and very quick to responding to any and all questions and concerns. The week of the wedding, which I got married on May 19, 2018, I worked closely with Lynn and I believe the other lady's name was Courtney. Again, both are great! They took care of everything! And if I had any questions, no matter the time of day (or night), Lynn was there. For the reception, they made sure everyone was taking care of. If there were any allergies from our guests, they would accommodate and made sure the person was able to enjoy everything even with food and drinks. The cottages were beautiful as well! Megan was there with us ladies the whole time and made sure we kept to the schedule and we were happy. I just can't say enough about this place and everyone who works there. I could go on and on! They even kept helping me with my bussel pretty much the whole night, which broke because my lovely new husband stepped on the back of the dress and broke the button lol My husband and I are always saying how we want an excuse to do another event there! :)

Carissa · Married on 11/04/2017

Our reception at Kurtz's Beach was simply the best! Everyone was super accommating from changing the preset menu all the way from hand selecting gold candles to place at each guest table. Ashley, Jon, and Lynn were fantastic. They felt like family and were determined to make our special day perfect. I can't say thank you enough to them. We picked Kurtz's for its quaint location with great views of the water. We wanted the freedom of being able to move in and outside of the venue depending on the fall weather. This worked out perfectly for us! Not only was the water beautiful, but the landscape around Kurtz's was as well. Overall, we had a 5 star experience with Kurtz's and would highly recommend them.

Sent on 12/31/2017
    Kurtz's Beach 39

Kurtz's Beach's reply:

Thank you Carissa, we enjoyed working with you & Eric!

kris · Married on 10/14/2017

Can't say enough good things about Kurtz's Beach!
    Our event was wonderful thanks to the staff. Great group!

Thank you Kris!

Rachael · Married on 09/03/2017

Our wedding was perfect and if there were any hiccups, we didn't know about it. From the moment we engaged with Ashley, she was welcoming, responsive, professional, organized, thoughtful and truly made this experience for us stress-free and seamless. We immediately connected with John during our final consult and he was very accommodating for our guests that had dietary requirements. The food turned out fantastic and we received so many compliments on the food, the venue and the staff. Our guests were delighted and had a fantastic time. Our wedding day coordinator, Lynn, was on top of everything and she kept us to our schedule with ease and made sure we were having a great time! Our ceremony next to the Bay was the perfect backdrop and the setting was so intimate and special. The convenience of having our reception in the same space too was key! Our wedding was more perfect then we could've ever imaged. We would highly recommend Kurtz's as a perfect place to have a wedding.

Sent on 10/22/2017
    Kurtz's Beach 40
    Kurtz's Beach 41

Kurtz's Beach's reply:

Thank you Rachael! We are so happy for you and Thomas and hope you stay in touch. Best wishes!!

Pilar · Married on 08/19/2017

My Husband Rick and I got married at Kurt'z Beach last August. John and Ashley were there in every step since the very beginning. The price were very reasonable, you won't find a better service anywhere. A friend of mind told me to be patient and to think that sometimes no everything can be the way I wanted. Well, let me tell you, everything went the way I wanted !!!! We had a beautiful water front wedding. We really loved it, the service and the organization were first class. Our guest enjoyed and some of them described our wedding like the best one they were into !
    Thank you so much John, Ashley, also Lynn and Courtney for everything.
    Do not look anywhere else, believe me, you won't find a better place !

Sent on 12/11/2017
    Kurtz's Beach 42
    Kurtz's Beach 43
    Kurtz's Beach 44
    Kurtz's Beach 45

Kurtz's Beach's reply:

Thank you Pilar & Rick! Best wishes to you both in the new year, and thank you for the photos!!

Libby · Married on 07/22/2017

Amazing service and super flexible where they can be. Highly recommend if a waterfront wedding/reception is what you are looking for. You can’t beat their prices either for a similar service! The photos don’t do justice to the balcony, and there is also a beautiful fire place and a cozy enterence room and a garden and playground outside

Kurtz's Beach 46
    Kurtz's Beach 47
    Kurtz's Beach 48
    Kurtz's Beach 49
    Kurtz's Beach 50
    Kurtz's Beach 51
    Kurtz's Beach 52

Kurtz's Beach's reply:

Thank you Libby!! And for the pictures also, they are beautiful!

J · Married on 06/03/2017

So glad Kurtz's was chosen to hold our daughter's June 3 wedding. Every step along the way was handled with professionalism. John & Ashley answered every question and made good suggestions. Lynn was in a word Awesome! She is caring, knowledgeable, professional and we knew we were in good hands. Courtney was fabulous at dealing with the wedding party especially the junior bridesmaid!!! The ceremony started on time and all went well. I cant say enough about these ladies and John and Ashley! Someone always has a wedding horror story but I couldn't find one thing that went wrong the entire day!! Thank you all!

Sent on 06/05/2017

Kurtz's Beach's reply:

Thank you so much Jane, it was our pleasure!!
  • F

Fran · Married on 06/02/2017

Not only is the venue beautiful but, I cannot say enough about the staff. John, Ashley, Courtney and Lynn were just top notch and on top of every little detail. It made my day so much easier.
    I cannot thank them enough for making our wedding perfect!
    You will not be disappointed with this venue.
    From start to finish I saw nothing but true professionalism!

Sent on 06/05/2017

Kurtz's Beach's reply:

Thank you Fran!! Best wishes to you and Joe!

Brian · Married on 05/28/2017

Very helpful team who worked very well with us to make our wedding everything we wanted it to be. They were incredibly flexible with our schedule and the wedding day services kept our wedding on track so that we didn't have to worry about anything day of. Highly recommend this beautiful venue!

Corine · Married on 05/27/2017

I absolutely loved everything about this venue! The staff was so friendly and helpful! Anything I needed I emailed, called or texted and they immediately responded! The venue and decor is beautiful. I couldn't of asked for anything else!

Sent on 05/30/2017

Kurtz's Beach's reply:

Thank you so much Corine! We enjoyed working with you and Cody and wish you all the best!

Jessica · Married on 05/20/2017

All of the staff at Kurtz's exceeded our expectations in making sure our wedding day was everything we wanted! John and Ashley were both great to work with. John was friendly and very informative when giving us a tour of the venue and it was easy to tell how passionate he is about what he does! Ashley was always quick to respond to all of our emails and was great at providing information regarding all of our questions/ requests. She really went above and beyond to make sure our wedding day turned out better than what we had ever imagined! The coordinators for the wedding day were very helpful, as well. During rehearsal, they made sure the bridal party was well prepared for the big day. The food was amazing and all of the wait staff/ bartenders were very professional. The staff is very accommodating and flexible. The venue alone is beautiful but the staff made the whole experience very enjoyable. The whole team did an outstanding job and my husband and I were very pleased with how smoothly everything went that night. I would highly reccommend this venue!

Kurtz's Beach's reply:

Thank you Jessica!! Your kind words are greatly appreciated;)

Nicki · Married on 05/13/2017

My husband and I got married at Kurtz’s Beach 5/13/17. They were phenomenal. From the very first meeting with John before booking to the end of our wedding night, I can’t speak higher of a venue. They handled every aspect like a well oiled machine and took care of so many aspects that other venues would leave up to the bride and groom to work out. Given the opportunity to do it all over again I would choose them again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 06/09/2018
    Kurtz's Beach 53
    Kurtz's Beach 54

Kurtz's Beach's reply:

Thank you Nicki!! Hope you all are doing well!!

Brandi · Married on 08/20/2016

I got married at Kurtz's Beach this past Saturday (8/20/2016) and I can not believe how great it turned out. My wedding had around 130 people in attendance and not one person left without a smile on their face. The food, decorations, staff, location & service were beyond what I ever imagined.
    I received so many compliments on the venue and so many people told me my wedding was one of the most beautiful and well put together weddings they have ever attended. I can not thank John, Ashley, and Donna and everyone else that helped enough!!
    Everyone told me "At least 1 thing will go wrong on your wedding day." and I can honestly say that nothing went wrong and it was all because of them! I will always recommend Kurtz's Beach to anyone that's getting married :)
    PS - Be sure to get the Bridal Cottage, it is amazing. TRUST ME!

Sent on 08/24/2016

Kurtz's Beach's reply:

Thank you Brandi, that was so kind of you!! It was our pleasure :)

Joseph · Married on 07/24/2016

Put Kurtz's Beach on your list and give them serious consideration. For the money you can't beat Kurtz's Beach. I am very needy. Each time I had a concern they responded so professionally that I knew I had nothing to worry about. Our wedding went so well. It was the best day of our lives and we have no regrets choosing Kurtz's Beach. It's run by owners that take great pride in their business and it's reputation. The owners have hired phenomenal staff. I couldn't recommend them more highly.

Elizabeth · Married on 06/26/2016

Kurt'z Beach was fabulous for our wedding in June 2016! John and his team were wonderful and truly a pleasure to work with on our special day. John was very responsive leading up to the wedding and really got to know us as a couple. We are so grateful to Kurtz's Beach for providing us the PERFECT spot for our **delicious** Sunday brunch wedding. John even helped my husband and I mitigate family drama - what a relief! Kurtz's is family-owned and run and you can really feel that when you walk in the door. I cannot say enough wonderful things about Kurtz's Beach!! We will forever hold a place in our hearts for John and the team for making our day even more remarkable!

Sent on 02/12/2017

Kurtz's Beach's reply:

Hi Elizabeth, Thank you so much for the kind words, we greatly appreciate it!! Best Wishes to you and Josh!

Mary · Married on 06/25/2016

Kurtz Beach was absolutely amazing! The venue is beautiful & we were lucky enough to have our ceremony on the patio facing the Chesapeake Bay. There's a lot of outdoor space with an outdoor fireplace & beautiful landscaping. Our pictures were gorgeous! The staff was extremely helpful, kind, & professional. They did everything they could to make our day special. I was
    not stressed at all because they were on top of everything. The owner & staff are very family oriented & made us feel so welcomed. I'm so happy & blessed we got married at Kurtz Beach!
    - Mary & Joey Nocera

Sent on 07/24/2016

Kurtz's Beach's reply:

Thank you so much Mary & Joey, it was our pleasure to work with you!