Konrad Kolen Photography Reviews

86 | Wayne, NJ

86 Reviews for Konrad Kolen Photography

86 Konrad Kolen Photography Reviews

luis · Married on 09/28/2018

Great value for the quality of photos and videos you receive. The staff was amazing to work with and they really did an amazing job making sure everything was perfect. Highly recommended.

Tony · Married on 06/29/2018

We are so pleased with out wedding photos from Konrad! The pictures he took are absolutely incredible and artistic! I can’t stop looking at them. They are so creative and unique. He completely captured the beauty, intimacy and joy of our wedding day and we are beyond pleased! In addition to Konrad's photo shooting talent, he was very easy to work with. He communicated with us multiple times in the months leading up to the wedding, scheduling phone calls after our work days, designing a timeline schedule for our photos and even giving us necessary homework assignments to make sure we were on the same page before the big day- so that we did not waste any time! If you want the very best photos on your wedding day- go with Konrad! You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 07/19/2018

Konrad Kolen Photography 's reply:

Thank you Tony and Megan. Documenting your wedding was an amazing experience. Thank you for all your help with pictures!!

Christine · Married on 06/24/2018

We are so happy with the photos that Konrad took on our wedding day. We chose him because he has an artistic eye and is always looking for that magical shot. I highly recommend him!

Hope · Married on 05/25/2018

Konrad was amazing from the moment we initially spoke on the phone. He had previously done the photos for two weddings of very good friends of mine and I was maid of honor in one so I knew he was extremely artistic, easy going, and professional, plus his photos are incredible. He has a great eye for shots so trust him when he asks you to walk a certain way or stand in a certain spot. The personalities of both Konrad and his assistant added to the day - they were both funny and unobtrusive. He listened to what we’d said we wanted but we also let him do his thing and we are so glad we did because our pictures are stunning.

Konrad Kolen Photography  1
    Konrad Kolen Photography  2
    Konrad Kolen Photography  3
    Konrad Kolen Photography  4
    Konrad Kolen Photography  5
  • I

Irina · Married on 05/04/2018

Simply put, Konrad is the MAN! When we first started looking for a wedding photographer, I looked through hundreds of portfolios until I came across Konrad's. His images just stood out to me in a sea of boring, cookie cutter profiles, and after meeting Konrad for the first time for our engagement session, we needed no further confirmation that we made the right decision. He made us feel at ease and gave us great directions, and of course our pictures came out amazing!
    During our entire wedding this past Friday, he basically took over and ran the show. He managed everything, from the timeline, my wedding party, family members, other staff and I just can't imagine what we would have done without Konrad, as my now husband was 2 hours late (not entirely his fault). Even during the wedding I had guests and bridal party members comment to me about how attentive and professional he is.
    Konrad's a stand-up guy and a pleasure to work with. He was super responsive and helpful throughout the planning process. But most importantly, he's an artist in every sense of the word. We are simply blown away by the pictures we received from him so far. He started sending us edited images literally next day and by Monday he had an entire gallery from our wedding on his blog. We still can't stop looking at the pictures and can't wait to get the rest in a couple of weeks. If you're looking for a brilliant photographer for your wedding, book Konrad!

Sent on 05/09/2018

Konrad Kolen Photography 's reply:

Thank you so much for your amazing review Irina. It was a great pleasure to be a part of your wedding and thank you for all the help getting those pictures.

Susana · Married on 01/06/2018

Konrad did an AMAZING job with the my wedding this weekend. I wouldn’t have trusted anyone else to photograph my wedding. He had an eye for details and perfection. Konrad was punctual, respectful, and is highly skilled. We were the first on both sides of our families to get married, and will recommend for all future weddings! We got our first set of photos yesterday and I was jumping like a little kid with excitement on how they came out. Thank you soooo much!

Christina · Married on 10/13/2017

My husband and spent the most time researching photographers for our wedding as this was the most important aspect for us. Konrad was recommended by a friend and after using him for our engagement session we were sold. He really goes above and beyond to get the best possible photos. He is an artist as we’ll as a photographer and if you are looking for truley stunning pictures then you must go with him. We couldn’t be happier with our photos and to top it off he is an amazing person and so great to work with. He realy loves his work and it shows in his photos, If you are looking for a amazing photographer don’t hesitate and book him you will not regret it! Thank you again Konrad for everything!

Sent on 05/03/2018

Konrad Kolen Photography 's reply:

Thank you Christina for your amazing review!! It was truly a please documenting your wedding. Thank you for all your help getting those great pictures!

Emily · Married on 09/09/2017

We couldn't have asked for a better wedding photographer! From the start, photography was the most important thing to me. Your wedding lasts one day; your wedding PHOTOS last a lifetime. They're what you'll be looking at for decades to come, showing your children and grandchildren. You can't put a price on memories.

I looked at literally every wedding photographer that served my area on this site. I went through all of their websites and portfolios and spoke to quite a few on the phone, but none of them even compared to Konrad on the quality of their photos or their professionalism. I had spoken to a number of photographers who were, shall we say, a bit egotistical. Konrad's photos were so good that I expected him to be the same way, but he was so down to earth and accommodating. He was easy to talk to and totally on our level. He was really an easy choice for us.

The day of the wedding, he was a dream. We wanted someone who would capture the moment, not stage it, and boy did he! He caught so many moments we didn't even know had happened or never expected to have. He was everywhere all at once and we have some truly STUNNING memories. Like, fairytale right out of a magazine quality photos. We barely noticed he was there and when he did want to steal us away for photos, he was so polite and nice about it that we hardly minded at all. He kept getting excited about the different photos and backgrounds and lighting. He was like a kid in candy store. It was very endearing. When deciding what to put in our album, we couldn't get it below 250 photos. It was just impossible. There were so many good ones. I have no idea how we'll decide what to frame!

Konrad is an amazing artist and I'd recommend him to anyone. I'd hire him again in a heartbeat. I'm quite honored that his thumbnail photo is currently a photo of us and we're now plastered all over his website. I hope he remembers us for as long and as fondly as we'll remember him.

Sent on 11/06/2017
    Konrad Kolen Photography  13
    Konrad Kolen Photography  14
    Konrad Kolen Photography  15

Konrad Kolen Photography 's reply:

Thank you Emily and Trevor for your amazing review. Documenting your unique wedding was a pleasure for me. Thank you for your help, you also deserve a big credit for the pictures as well.

Jamie · Married on 08/18/2017

I used Konrad for my wedding at Flowerfields in St James. He was very responsive throughout the whole process, answered all my questions, was super flexible and just nice. I just got my first sneak peak pictures and i'm basically obsessed. It was important to me to get certain pictures and he remembered every single one of them and made sure I got every picture i wanted with family and different backgrounds. I can't wait to see the rest of my pictures :)

RoseLi · Married on 06/30/2017

Konrad is a true artist and he tries to capture each picture in a special way. We just received all our pictures from our wedding at the end of June (which was very fast!) and we were so pleased with all of them. We have received so many compliments on how beautiful the pictures were. We would recommended him to all our family and friends looking for an artistic and fantastic photographer to capture all those special moments. If you are looking for a skilled photgrapher Konrad is your guy !

Kevin · Married on 05/27/2017

Konrad was the photographer for my wedding in Westport, CT, on May 28th, 2017. He was fantastic! From the very beginning, Konrad was a pleasure to work with. He was highly responsive, professional and provided great customer service.

There are two qualities I'd like to highlight about Konrad. The first is responsiveness. My wife and I generally dislike wedding pictures that are overly posed, cheesy, or sexualized. Konrad asked us about our preferences in detail and even requested that we send him examples of pictures he’s taken that we don’t like, so he could better learn our style. On our wedding day, Konrad did an amazing job taking a blend of the classic and candid photographs that we wanted. He also did a great job of following specific instructions. For example, it was important that we got pictures of certain family members and older guests — Konrad did a fantastic job capturing pictures of the people we requested.

The second quality is value. We have friends that spent 2-3x what we did on wedding pictures with inferior results. Konrad produced high-quality pictures, got them to us quickly, and was willing to create a pricing structure that worked for us. We also had a limited amount of time to take pictures and Konrad really worked hard to capture everything we wanted.

Our only problem with Konrad is that he gave us too many great pictures to choose from! It will be a challenge to pick our favorites. If you work with Konrad, your pictures will be one of the best aspects of your wedding.

Sent on 07/10/2017

Konrad Kolen Photography 's reply:

Thank you! I had a great time working with you and truly enjoyed the day in the beautiful garden.

Jonathan · Married on 05/17/2017

Normally, I don't really take the time to write such detailed reviews, but Konrad is an exception. I spent endless nights clicking through different wedding photographers; those on the higher price range and those that were more affordable. I initially started my search by ignoring prices and focusing solely on portfolios and what their story was. Konrad's portfolio and background was one that stood out to me. When I decided to send an inquiry, I got a response almost instantly. He is so easy to talk to and deal with. My wife and I are not very formal. So for us to take those traditional wedding photos were awkward for us. He made us feel very comfortable in front of the camera. Konrad adapted to our wants and needs and even guided us along with our bridal party onto taking photos that I didn't think were even possible to capture. He was able to capture amazing candid shots, so when I look back at them, I can feel like I can pinpoint that exact moment. On top of being able to take exceptionally well photos, we had a ton of photos already edited within days, with the remaining photos coming up soon! I find that impressive, especially when I hear it takes some wedding photographers months for them to return back with their edited photos. My words can only tell you so much. Please take the time to look at his portfolio. His work speaks for itself.

Sent on 06/05/2017

Konrad Kolen Photography 's reply:

Thank you Jonathan and Jellana. Documenting your wedding was an amazing experience for me. I am so happy that you enjoy the pictures.

J · Married on 01/21/2017

My husband and I were referred to Konrad by our cinematographer for our wedding. We were impressed with his work the moment we set our eyes on his website. Konrad was very easy to work with. He really made us feel comfortable and showed that he cared to give us the best quality work he could possible give us. His meticulousness and attention to detail are unmatched. He truly delivers quality photos. The way he also plays with natural light is incredible giving you a wide range of photos. Good luck choosing your favorite pictures! My husband and I were married a year and a half ago and we still have not been able to choose our favorite photos for our wedding album!

• Maggie

Maggie · Married on 01/06/2017

My husband and I were just married on 1/6/17 and we have only seen the previews of our wedding from Konrad. They are spectacular!! We are so excited to see the rest of the photos but we couldn't wait to post a review! Konrad and his team are so wonderful to work with. He is a true professional and an artist. Words can't begin to describe some of the photos that he took - his play with light and texture in spaces is phenomenal, and all at a venue that he had never been to before. The man is a genius. He captured the essence of the love in the room, on the faces of our guests and family members. We knew when we met him and after seeing his work on his webpage that he would be fabulous, but we had no idea how fabulous he would be. We are truly honored to have had him document our special day and be part of our family. This will be only the first Konrad experience- there will be many more important family moments he will need to be part of for a long time to come! Thank you so much Konrad!

Sarah · Married on 12/30/2016

We found Konrad through Wedding wire and we could not be more happy with our decision to go with him! He is very responsive, punctual & detailed. His work is beyond talented. We got married 3 weeks ago, and received pictures a few days after our wedding! His portfolio speaks for itself. 100% best decision we made. You will not be disappointed using Konrad!

gillian · Married on 12/14/2016

Firstly you only get one chance at your wedding photos that's why i would highly recommend Konrad! After a lot of searching online we knew Konrad was perfect for us the minute we seen his style and finish on photos. We got in touch and Konrad was so friendly and helpful. He understood everything we were looking for. We live in Ireland and although the first time to meet Konrad was the day of the wedding we had our full trust in Konrad as he kept in touch and updated the whole time up to the wedding.Konrad was so professional and done up an itinerary for the day as we wanted to travel around New York on different location shots. He knew exactly where to go and was so creative with his shots. On the day of the wedding we met Konrad and he was so friendly and patient. We had so much fun travelling around the city and enjoyed working with him so much. Konrad made it stress free and relaxed for us and as a result captured our day perfectly. The art of his professional work is extremely extraordinary and the photos exceeded our expectations. Konrad has great attention to detail and our pictures are truly stunning. You don't need to look any further or need a recommendation when the photos speak for themselves!

Lindsay · Married on 11/12/2016

Konrad and his assistant made our wedding experience absolutely amazing. He gave us direction but always listened to our needs, he was sweet, he made us comfortable and above all he is an absolute artist who is proud of his craft. The photos are stunning - everyone who has seen them is blown away. My husband and I couldn't have asked for anything more!!!

shil · Married on 10/22/2016

Konrad did such a great job with the photography. He knew exactly what do take pictures of. I don't think he literally stopped working for the entire 13 hours. He also got us the pictures very quickly and they turned out really great. We are very happy with his work!

Jackie · Married on 10/09/2016

My husband and I planned to be married at a beautiful vineyard venue. The perfect place for outdoor photos... and then came Hurricane Matthew. Konrad seriously saved the day. He and his team turned a disastrous day into what are the most beautiful wedding photos we've ever seen. He was attentive, creative and reassuring. Every guest that sees a picture from our wedding is floored with how amazing they came out. Konrad is incredibly professional, but also friendly and helps keep you grounded on the day of your wedding. He's the best! Go with him and don't look back.

Armond · Married on 09/23/2016

Konrad’s work is impeccable and we are beyond satisfied with the level of professionalism and customer value that Konrad exemplified and provided during our wedding day. All interactions with Konrad, including our initial photo screening and our wedding day, went past our expectations. Furthermore, his communication, time management and preparation enabled us to capture all the wedding photos we wanted and not feel rushed. Konrad always made himself available and ensured that what we wanted he could make happen, which he did. We highly recommend Konrad Photography.

Marissa · Married on 09/10/2016

You should absolutely hire Konrad for your wedding photos! He is absolutely the best. He is extremely talented and makes you feel very comfortable- he captured every moment of our big day perfectly!

Christine · Married on 09/03/2016

So lucky we found Konrad for our special day! He was incredible from the first interaction, and attentive throughout the whole year of planning! We just got the initial look of our pictures and they look amazing! We wanted a photographer who could capture the uniqueness of our cultures and interests as a mixed couple. His work is incredibly artistic and beautiful! We are so excited to see the rest of the images as well as the beautiful photo album we've been working with Konrad on selecting and building. We are so thrilled with how professional, courteous, and artistic Konrad was in actively seeking the best portraits, poses, and other details to capture our day and our personalities. We are thrilled to recommend Konrad and hope to work with again for future family photos ;)

Stephanie · Married on 07/03/2016

Words cannot express how lucky my wife and I feel to have found Konrad! From the very beginning, we knew that with Konrad, our photography would be one less thing we would have to worry about... And we were right! Not only is Konrad responsive, he is also very professional, friendly, and funny! He had our guests laughing from ceremony through reception. He is extremely detail oriented, and has such a good eye. We were a little late to the ceremony which cut into our picture time, but Konrad was very flexible. He stayed well beyond the end of our reception to make sure he had great shots. We couldn't have asked for better pictures! Thank you Konrad for being a part of our special day. You have helped to capture special memories that we will never forget!

Konrad was extremely easy to work with. From our first meeting I knew that he was the photographer for us. He was cordial, timely in corresponding to email and he helped make my wedding day stress free. He was so friendly and worked with all of my requests. A few days after the wedding he made 100 photos available to view on his website. I knew he was great but he photographs took my breath away. His work is artistic, thoughtful and his creativity shows in all photographs. We would highly recommend him!